BZP'S GAME OF THRONES

Voltex

Let me rule, I have attempted to keep order, peace, and understanding, however my attempts have been all but successful given recent events. However I will always try to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolve. I know where to point blame and where not to.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Stand down, Imrukkii. Your region and its leader are currently battling in the Ancient City. Now is really not the time to sort diplomatic incidents out. We'll do that at the end of all this, if there is an end. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

However I will always try to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolve.

Due to his treachery, I believe it is only righteous that Terrorsaur be tortured, mortal flesh torn from every bone in his being until death claims him.

Always find a diplomatic solution if one is appropriate. Treachery and cold blooded murder deserves no diplomatic resolve, only suffering of the accused cowardly if convicted of heartless murder.

pure_muscle.png

1-Ice Region (Warriors, Guards) EST 194 Protectors 6 lost to Mask of Time

Let me rule, my region has the strongest surviving military. (I'm kidding, of course, I don't want the crown) 

However I will always try to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolve. I know where to point blame and where not to.

:???:  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Due to his treachery, I believe it is only righteous that Terrorsaur be tortured, mortal flesh torn from every bone in his being until death claims him.

Always find a diplomatic solution if one is appropriate. Treachery and cold blooded murder deserves no diplomatic resolve, only suffering of the accused cowardly if convicted of heartless murder.

Yeah no, after the comments you've been making you really don't have a foot to stand on regarding peaceful negotiations :P

• Upvote 1

1-Ice Region (Warriors, Guards) EST 194 Protectors 6 lost to Mask of Time

Let me rule, my region has the strongest surviving military. (I'm kidding, of course, I don't want the crown) 

However I will always try to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolve. I know where to point blame and where not to.

:???:

Yeah no, after the comments you've been making you really don't have a foot to stand on regarding peaceful negotiations :P

Actions speak louder than words alone. And sometimes those words can make quite the entertainment, seeing the confusing brought on by mine.

pure_muscle.png

You're right, actions do speak louder than words.

Which is why no one takes you seriously. :P

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I will say this now, if the Fire Region stands down and retreats back to it's region. I shall not have the skull army pursue. My word as mask maker.

You betrayed me once in the past Burnmad, and I forgave you for that discrepancy, I can turn the other cheek again. If you continue this fruitless endeavor, both our armies will just keep fighting each other, until they are reduced to nothing, as so far both armies are taking about the same losses, give or a take 5. It's better to retreat and fight another day than to lose all your might in one fight. Not to mention the fact your soldiers are actual people, with families. They have things important to them to lose. My skull spiders have no such things, they will fight until the bitter end. Will your army stand and fight when they realize they are being slaughtered, or will they realize it is better to live than to die just because you are told to?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I am afraid I must decline your offer. The troops of Ice and Water have recently joined mine.

I thank you for telling me how many Skull Spiders you've left, though, as I was not privy to that information.

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 2

I love the way this game has escalated so abruptly from a little bit of intrigue and assassination to full scale war. 

And we're barely halfway through the season. 

If a game like this ever occurs again, I'd strongly suggest the mask maker be given some form of an army as well, even if it's just smaller than all the others... I mean I had to steal another regions army just to survive. And the skull warriors are great and all, but they aren't an army.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

(Well I mean, I, and probably some others, would have stayed out of all this, but Pulse decided to escalate it to a coup this quickly, and then Vox called everyone to the site of it so that they'd have to pick sides instead of being able to just stick their hands in their pockets and say "I was in my own region bruh I couldn't do anything either way", and since most regions contain someone loyal to Pulse this was the foregone conclusion of such a development)

(Well I mean, I, and probably some others, would have stayed out of all this, but Pulse decided to escalate it to a coup this quickly, and then Vox called everyone to the site of it so that they'd have to pick sides instead of being able to just stick their hands in their pockets and say "I was in my own region bruh I couldn't do anything either way", and since most regions contain someone loyal to Pulse this was the foregone conclusion of such a development)

I'd like to remind you that you are the one who suggested the trial in the first place. I had no plans for a formal trial, instead relying on the mask of truth... 

But here's the real kicker.. I didn't even mention a trial in official Mask Maker Pm, but I suddenly got a message from lucina

The trials can take place no earlier than Episode 4, due to the amount of planning that must be done.

Followed immediately by.

I would recommend that you send out a royal summons for the trial; everyone from Water, Jungle, and Stone will need to be present if available, and it is recommended that you bring in additional representatives from Fire and Ice as well.

The trial was kind of forced upon me and I felt inclined to agree to it since it seemed like people thought it was already going to be a thing?

I mean this was my only message before the topic of trials, as I mentioned sentencing.

Also I would like to send another scroll to timelord, informing him to have nato transported to the ancient city alive where I shall handle the sentencing.

Also the original summons was only sent to the leaders of the regions, the diplomats and the council members since they were already there as is.

So yeah this escalated quicker than I personally even wanted.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If a game like this ever occurs again, I'd strongly suggest the mask maker be given some form of an army as well, even if it's just smaller than all the others... I mean I had to steal another regions army just to survive. And the skull warriors are great and all, but they aren't an army.

Except unlike the other rulers, the Mask Maker only has a single city from which to draw men and resources, instead of an entire region (presumably) containing a decent number of cities and villages. So it kinda makes sense that the Mask Maker wouldn't be able to have a personal standing army, since a lone city wouldn't be able to house and feed a force of any substantial size for particularly long.

And unlike the other regions, who engage in trade with each other, the Ancient City isn't offering any goods or services to the rest of the island, meaning that its only income is likely coming from taxes. 

I think the fact that everyone sided against you in this battle, instead of offering you aid like good, loyal little subjects, is a pretty strong indicator of the people's opinion of you and your rule. 

Ok, let me put it to you this way. The Mask Maker is suppose to be the ruler of Okoto, aka a king, where as the other regions are but vassals to the king. When have you ever heard of a king, in any history, not having an army of some kind? A king would be stupid to not have an army, and most of the time their armies wasn't even composed of people from their exact town where the 'palace/castle' is, but of people who were drafted into the army from the surrounding lands, aka their vassals. I had none of this because as Lucina pointed out earlier, full scale war was never the intention here,

This can be revised; I'll admit total open warfare was something I didn't plan for as much next to how players might specifically kill each other personally.

I mean frankly if I was Pulse I would have done the more... subtle method of killing me, aka getting his allies to cut off supplies to the ancient city, thus killing me slowly until I either die or give up my position as mask maker so that I don't die.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I mean frankly if I was Pulse I would have done the more... subtle method of killing me, aka getting his allies to cut off supplies to the ancient city, thus killing me slowly until I either die or give up my position as mask maker so that I don't die.

I guess you can blame me for shedding any hint of subtlety for the Water Region. :P

• Upvote 1

I don't want to die to the hands of two very strong regions. Or anyone's for that matter.

Oh, and here's my retort for Nato.

You're right, actions do speak louder than words.

Which is why no one takes you seriously. :P

At least I'm not the one who lacks justification for his actions.

No wonder no one likes you.  :P

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

No wonder no one likes you.  :P

I think my allies Trijhak and Terrorsaur would disagree with you on that.

Well snakes often hang out with other snakes... that's how it works. Rabbits hang out with other rabbits, lions with other lions and snakes with other snakes.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Considering that you're all alone, I'm not overly offended by that. 

The last chance for subtlety flew out of the window when I accidentally killed a bunch of people with the Mask of Time. In full view of everyone. Not to mention that as of right then, everyone more or less knew that I was the Heir. So them we took advantage of circumstance: you invited many people to the Ancient City. If there was to be a coup/war, then this would be the best possible time.

Also, sure, rabbits hang out with rabbits, but I've never heard of rabbits hanging out with walking corpses.

Edited by Trijhak

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

And when rabbits hang out with other rabbits...

...they tend to start multiplying like, well, rabbits. 

I blame the mask of time, it has distorted our perception of time.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hush now, it'll all be over soon. :evilbiggrin: 

EPISODE 06

“FIRE AND BLOOD”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-PULSE-

In the silence, Pulse stepped forward, locking eyes with Voxumo.

“The throne belongs to me by right,” he declared. “Step down, usurper!”

Voxumo frowned. “I don't think you have a leg to stand on right now. You just killed several Protectors against their will, and for what? Nothing. Their deaths were in vain, and their blood is on your hands. You paint me as the villain, yet whose blood do I have on my hands? I was chosen to rule twenty years ago. Your own father charged with crimes of corruption. Yet what corruption have I committed? You're just a spoiled little child crying for their lost parent. You are a parasite, desperately clinging to the vestiges of your father's glory, unwilling to accept that your time is done. The time of the Water Tribe leading Okoto ended with your father. It is the Age of Fire.”

“I do have a leg to stand on,” Pulse replied. “Two, in fact, as I will now tell you: I did not want the fallen Ice Trader, Hero, to die. I did not want the fallen Jungle Diplomat, Underscore, to die. I did not want the fallen Fire Councillor, RG, to die. I have no ill will towards the Jungle, Ice, or Fire Regions, or any region. The only person I have ill will towards is you, Voxumo, for you are a usurper. You sit on a throne that is mine by right. You have lost the faith of half your subjects. The Fire Region you just referred to has helped me over you. Relations between you and the Fire Region are strained, and from what I've seen, you have not even bothered to fix them, so don't bring your region into it. That because of you and your minions, I have had to endure a life eternally paranoid, that someone was out to kill me, simply because I am a loose end that needs tying up.

“You act grand, you act as if you rule, but you do not rule by right, you do not even bother to properly communicate with your own region, you imprison people who are very much innocent, you do not have a proper sense of justice! I also say this: the Water Region no longer recognises your authority, and you will never be welcome there. I think other regions might follow that lead. I hope they do, because you are just a Protector who happens to have skeleton puppets. What's that to several regions with proper armies?”

“You did not want them to die, but they still died, by your hands - for absolutely nothing. They didn't die for a cause they believed in, they didn't die of their own will. They died because a child is throwing a tantrum. The Fire Region did not betray me, the Water Region did not betray Okoto – only their leaders. They shall be held accountable for the choices they've made.

“You knew of the poisoning of the Stone Region! You could have saved all their lives if you had spoken up sooner! But you ran like a coward. You ran like a child. You speak of my improper sense of justice, yet I did what any reasonable person would do. Smoke Monster and Tekulo were present at the deaths and poisoning of Ghidora and Bronze, members of the Jungle Tribe, a Tribe whose Ruler was in cahoots with the Water Tribe. I imprisoned them for their own safety, lest they be lynched by the rightfully upset members of the Stone Region, desperate to hold someone accountable for their pain! I did not abuse them as prisoners! I allowed them a chance to explain their side, and prove their innocence! This is what a leader does! A leader acts for what is best for all, not just what he wants. All you and your allies have done is kill, kill, kill! A trail of blood lines your course! And what does this course lead to? You reclaiming a throne that was lost to the actions of the Fire, Stone and Ice regions combined, who sought to overthrow your corrupt father!

“Your Paranoia is your own doing! I've not sent squat after you, instead I was content to let you live your life, even after I learned you were the prior mask maker's child. You are delusional Pulse. You are just as corrupt as your father was, for power has clouded your mind, the silver spoon stuck into your mouth since birth tainting your ideals. A true ruler is forgiving and just, neither of which you are. You are consumed by hatred.”

Pulse scowled, but pressed forward nonetheless. “Did you want the former Mask Maker to die? But they still died. They didn't die for a cause they believed in, they didn't die of their own will. They died because you wanted to throw a twenty-year tantrum, one you are still throwing. Is everyone you dislike someone throwing a tantrum?”

“I am not-”

Pulse cut Voxumo off before he could continue his protest. “It was I who warned the Fire Region of the poison! I who arranged the purification process to avoid the same thing happening again! You claim TimeLord was working with us, when in truth, he was working for you! He imprisoned Nato and Terrorsaur, and proved unable to hold them. You call imprisoning others keeping them safe? Why not imprison us all, then? To keep us safe? You think that you want what is best for us all, but you are instead completely out of touch. My life in the Water Region has been as ordinary as it could be, and you have called for the arrests of any who did not attend this trial. You are not forgiving and just. You are merciless and unjust – not to mention delusional.”

The usurper chuckled, shaking his head. “Oh you foolish little boy. One man cannot usurp a ruler alone. In your mind I am the only enemy, when in truth the Regions of Stone, Fire and Ice are your enemies, for they appointed me as their chosen ruler. I was a ruler chosen by the people, not a ruler chosen only because of my blood. You ran to the Fire Region, yet you made no effort to warn the Stone Region. Even a scroll could have been sent. Even better - you could have prevented the entire thing before the water shipments were sent, but you didn't. You chose to let those within the Stone Region die, because it suited your purposes.

“No one ever wants to be imprisoned, but we imprison so that criminals do not run free, and so that they can one day have a chance at proving their innocence. The only people who were charged with not showing was those on trial, for very clear reasons. All I required was the leaders to come to the trial, as a jury should be composed of the leaders from each region for fairness, and the key witnesses for the trial.

“And your father did die for a cause, his cause was protecting his throne. He believed in this cause so much that he would die for it instead of stepping down. The three who died by your hands did not believe in your cause, nor was it their choice. You took their lives for nothing.”

He sighed, waving his hand through the air as if dismissing the entire conversation. “It is pointless. Your mind is made up.”

Before Pulse could respond, his attention was drawn behind him, where Imrukii had stood and now shouted: “If the SETA deal had not been broken than none of this would have happened! A united good for all! But no, no, no. No peace, prosperity, or unity. Now these ancient visions of prophesy have come forth, and now what? All-out war?! For what! Must we bring the wrath of the underworld to our realm? Must we bring war?”

“Peace, friend,” Voxumo called. “It does not have to come to war. It's our choice if it comes to war, and that is the last thing I want... Needless bloodshed by those who are forced to fight is not the answer. Terrorsaur, Nato, Pulse and Dallior. These four individuals are the only ones who have sought bloodshed. They have forced their regions to be a part of something they never wanted.”

Pulse frowned, for Imrukii now appeared confused. Indeed, the Fire Diplomat asked, “Pulse and Dallior? I know only what Terrorsaur and Nato did.”

Voxumo appeared to be just as flummoxed as he was. “You… did see those Protectors drop dead because of what Pulse did, yes?”

For the first time, Pulse found himself to be in agreement with Voxumo – though it did not last long, for two of the Skull Warriors advanced as hundreds of Skull Spiders burst into the trial chambers, Voxumo retreating away. The intent was clear. Pulse retreated back into the mass of Fire Protectors.

“To me!” Burnmad called. “Protect the Heir! Kill these creatures!”

The battle began.

-WATER REGION-

-TERRORSAUR-

When he saw the beacon light up the sky in the distance, Terrorsaur began to suspect what had happened.

Perhaps I should make an appearance at the trial after all.

Gathering just over half of the Water Region’s forces, he began marching for the Ancient City. The time to play in the shadows was over.

-ICE REGION-

-FF-

FF, having fled from the Ancient City, now stood before the vast majority of the Ice Region army, though he had left enough behind to keep the Mask of Creation safe.

“Today, my friends, we march!” He yelled. “We fight to depose the Usurper Voxumo, who has revealed himself to be unfit to rule! We seek to end his reign, so that the era of the true Heir can begin! We march for Pulse, Protector of Water, Heir to the Forge!”

The march began.

-ANCIENT CITY-

-SMOKE MONSTER-

Having already sent Tekulo back to the Jungle Region to gather their forces and use the Mask of Control, Smoke Monster met with Zatth in the Council Chambers.

“What is your proposal?” the acting Stone Ruler asked quietly.

“I’d like to offer the Jungle Region as a place for some of your Protectors to stay,” Smoke Monster told him. “I know that his grace has already offered to house you here in this city, but that stay cannot be a long one. The Jungle Region can provide for you until the Stone Region is stable enough to return home once more.”

Zatth was silent for a long moment as he mulled it over before finally replying, “you raise good points. I will give you half of my Protectors, and half of my forces to help guard them; the rest will stay here in the Ancient City with the Mask Maker.”

As he finished speaking, the Mask Maker himself appeared, shadowed by one of his Skull Warriors.

“Good, you two are here,” he said. “Call upon your forces.”

“Already being done,” Zatth promised. “What do you need from us?”

“I am thinking a tactical retreat is in order,” Voxumo admitted. “We can fall back to the Jungle Region – doing so will gain us control over the Temple of Time, and the beasts commanded by the Mask of Control will be in their natural element. I will bolster your forces with the Skull Spiders and two of my own Skull Warriors.”

“Will it be enough?” Smoke Monster asked. “Terrorsaur will declare for Pulse, as Burnmad already has. What about FF?”

“Even if FF declares for Pulse, our army will outnumber theirs by two to one,” Voxumo told him. “The Skull Warriors are nigh-undefeatable unless Burnmad can burn them all, and each beast will be worth at least two Protectors. We have the better numbers and strength. Once we arrive in the Jungle Region, we will have an advantage on the field as well.”

“As you wish,” Smoke Monster said.

“I will journey back to the Jungle Region with you,” Voxumo said to him. “Remember your Masks of Elemental Power – the Masks of Jungle and Stone could prove to be of use.”

-BURNMAD-

“Fire and blood!” he yelled, his voice going hoarse.

“Fire and blood!” his forces chorused back.

Stabbing his sword through three different Skull Spiders, Burnmad spun in place as he heard Pulse cry out, to find two Skull Warriors advancing on him. The Fire Region Ruler concentrated, activating the Golden Mask of Fire – and before their eyes, one of the Skull Warriors went up in flames.

Can’t keep it secret this time.

He was distracted by a Skull Spider leaping onto his face and clawing at him; stumbling back, he smacked it away; it was immediately stomped on by a blue armored foot. He glanced up to see the grinning face of Terrorsaur.

“Having fun?” Terrorsaur asked.

Burnmad shrugged, stabbing another Skull Spider. “You’ve brought help?”

“Yep. Where’s Pulse? Dallior?”

“Dallior’s with Dragonstar somewhere last I checked,” Burnmad replied. “Pulse is over there – the Skull Warrior… or not?”

As a wall of white armored Protectors led by FF crashed into view, the Skull Warrior began to retreat. Drawing a bow, it began to fire arrows that froze Protectors in place.

“Burnmad! Burnmad!”

He turned to Imrukii, who was panting. “Yes?”

“You… need to… lay down your arms! Don’t… fight… Voxumo!”

Burnmad snorted. “Yeah, no. I’m happy with Pulse.”

Imrukii’s eyes narrowed a fraction before the Diplomat lunged at him – only to be swatted aside by Dragonstar, as he, Dallior, Pulse and FF joined them. Several other Protectors grabbed onto the Fire Diplomat, who struggled desperately to free himself, appearing mad.

“You’re a fool!” he cried, pointing a shaking finger at Burnmad. “You doom us all!”

Glancing around, Burnmad discovered that the Skull Warrior and Skull Spiders were beginning to fall back. Frowning, he turned his attention back to Imrukii.

“What should we do with him?” Terrorsaur asked.

“Spare him,” Pulse said. “Mercy can go a long way.”

“I dunno,” Burnmad said, doubtful. “I’m just about ready to stab him and be done with it. His lectures about worshiping Voxumo are starting to get a bit weary.”

“Where’s Jed?” Dallior asked, looking around. “I don’t see him.”

“Take thirty of my soldiers and Dragonstar,” Burnmad responded. “Find him.”

“Take thirty of mine as well,” FF added. “Just in case you run into Voxumo.”

“If you do find Voxumo, try to kill him,” Pulse muttered. “The sooner we’re rid of him, the better.”

Burnmad nodded. “I agree.”

-WATER REGION-

-NATO-

As they approached the border to the Jungle Region, Nato glanced at the four Ice Protectors that had accompanied him; each looked as nervous as he felt.

Taking the Mask of Creation had continued to be a no-go, but these four had offered to join him on his quest to the Temple of Time, after he had made it clear that he was supporting Pulse in his bid for the throne.

“So… what do we do?” one of them asked, eyes on him.

“We get inside,” Nato said, trying not to think about how poorly his last visit to the Jungle Region had gone. “No matter what it takes. The Temple of Time is ours.”

END OF EPISODE 06.

Notes:

-Jed is currently missing; his location has been determined in a PM with me

-Jed and ToaD are the only players who have not declared for either side of the war

-The Ice Region will collapse at the start of Episode 09 if trade is not re-established by another region (this will be difficult to do, seeing as everybody is marching off to combat)

-The Stone Region’s time is up; it will be collapsing at the start of Episode 07, though thanks to the plan Zatth has in place, it will suffer no losses while those left move to their new temporary home

-I think that’s all for now!

EPISODE 07 STARTS NOW!

• Upvote 7

Oh don't you worry terrosaur, more is happening behind the scenes than you know of.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I dunno... From where I'm sitting, it looks like the rebels are on the verge of successfully overthrowing the despotic tyrant, who has little choice now but to flee the safety of the secure little castle he's inhabited for the past twenty years. 

I'm curious to see how someone so obviously out of touch with the world will fare in the wilderness of the jungle. 

I dunno... From where I'm sitting, it looks like the rebels are on the verge of successfully overthrowing the despotic tyrant, who has little choice now but to flee the safety of the secure little castle he's inhabited for the past twenty years. 

I'm curious to see how someone so obviously out of touch with the world will fare in the wilderness of the jungle. 

This.

Just a bit ago he was complaining about his lack of military. Now he's bluffing that he's winning because he's running. Who's the coward now, Imrukii?

• Upvote 2