If Bionicle Does Return...

Makuta Matata

I would say either Hero Factory style, old Bionicle style, or a hybrid of both.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

I'd love to see the Bionicle style come back. :DIt was so ... Bionicley.But seriously, I think it offers more to the builder in terms of MOCing.

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

This. Just Hero Factory would have too few pieces; just Bionicle would limit the constraction building pieces. Both together would be interesting. Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Depends on when/if it returns and what the circumstances are in that time period. The BIONICLE style build advanced over the years, but it always kept certain core elements. If the same happens with the Hero Factory build, the evolution of it could eventually lead into the resurgence of BIONICLE in that style. OR:When the Hero Factory build runs its course, just like Lego did upon creating it, they could go back to the drawing board and invent an entirely new construction system, which BIONICLE could possibly use if it ever returned.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Presumably, it would use a slightly modified version of whatever the preceding figure construction line was, sort of like how HF started off similar to the final Bionicle sets.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think it will start with the HF building style, and then change to something new.I do, however, hope they at least use the old style with the baterra, as they looked in Fall And Rise Of The Skrall.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'd say that would be it. They simply wouldn't go back to the old style, I doubt they even have all thos epieces being produced anymore. But what do I know? I don't run the company...MTL

Probably a mixture of both.(Also, I'm a little worried that this might be stepping near the boundaries of a 'What If' topic.)

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

(Also, I'm a little worried that this might be stepping near the boundaries of a 'What If' topic.)

What If topics regard events that can't happen, like waking up as a Makuta. Bionicle coming back can and will happen, so it's not a What If topic.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm 99% sure we'd be seeing more of the HF 2.0 style. It's a fresh change-up with really useful parts, and can be expanded easily and cleanly to both larger and smaller sets. I like it.I wouldn't mind having new molds to fit in with the old, greebled style of BIONICLE (as opposed to the sleekness of Hero Factory), but really, I don't care what LEGO calls them. They're parts.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

(Also, I'm a little worried that this might be stepping near the boundaries of a 'What If' topic.)

What If topics regard events that can't happen, like waking up as a Makuta. Bionicle coming back can and will happen, so it's not a What If topic.
That's debatable. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hopefully it would use the HF building style, or something more versatile (but I can't imagine any system more versatile at the time being). Naturally when I say the HF building system, I'm talking about the ball-and-socket based builds, but not strictly about the HF parts currently available. Naturally by that time there might be advances in the building system-- personally I'm hoping someday we get a HF torso design with some degree of waist articulation, although that seems like it may be a pipe dream at the moment since armoring such a torso would be difficult.A lot of people feel the 2.0 building system is limited in design, but a person could have said the same thing about the Technic-based building system for constraction sets back in the time of the Throwbots. For two years there was only one leg joint design. But the Hero Factory building system is expanding at a wonderful rate with new parts like Waspix's piece for connecting his middle set of arms, the great assortment of bone pieces we've gotten so far, and of course brand-new pieces like the spherical shoulder-shell appearing in the early 2012 wave of sets.Others say the system is simple, but I think that's basically the point of a building system. It shouldn't depend on your ability to use advanced building techniques to make something decent-looking-- rather, it should be easy to make a unique-looking basic model, and the real challenge should come from moving on to more complex and unique models, as TLG has done with Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, and Thornraxx.

i would like to see a style with a mix of both - reason why is because i love the Bulk 3.0 wolf style helmet and i love the original style of bionicles - just to say - any one else think it would be cool to see them run both stories and end up having hero factory meet up with the toa or something along that line - it is but isn't a big universe - sorry if the last part is under the wrong section

I imagine that it would look much like the HF 2.0 style of building, since it's so versatile, although I could see something with a slightly more Technic-esque inspiration. Over the period that BIONICLE had existed, the sets were becoming simpler, and slightly sleeker; Hero Factory (as well as the lead into the possible return of BIONICLE) will probably follow this sort of evolution. (If that's even possible--the sets are already surprisingly sleek. However, it is also clear that a new line would develop its own pieces, as HF has and BIONICLE had before it.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Depends on when/if it returns and what the circumstances are in that time period.

Assuming it returns this year.
...? Nobody said it was returning this year. It's obvious it's not returning this year. We're talking about the hypothetical possibility of it returning at all.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Depends on when/if it returns and what the circumstances are in that time period.

...? Nobody said it was returning this year. It's obvious it's not returning this year. We're talking about the hypothetical possibility of it returning at all.-Mesonak
That was hypothetical. I said if Bionicle were to return this year, which build would it have? This is to prevent all that "depends what happens in the future...". Hence the "if" in the title.So, hypothetically, if Bionicle were to return this year....

That was hypothetical. I said if Bionicle were to return this year, which build would it have? This is to prevent all that "depends what happens in the future...". Hence the "if" in the title.So, hypothetically, if Bionicle were to return this year....
Ah, I see. Apologies.If it was to return this year, it would be built using HF 2.0 build system, and would likely use Glatorian head-compatible mask designs....That's really the only realistic outcome for BIONICLE's return in 2012 (if it was to happen).-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----