Marrowman is entirely correct. There is like, so many British accents. I can only really identify about three, though, despite being British myself - Queen's English, chav and Scottish. :P

What about Irish?Gosh, I can hardly decipher a heavy Irish accent.--:ruru:

banner.jpg

Scottish is more rustic and heavier accent than a British accent.

You've got it wrong. Scotland and Wales are both in Britain, and as such are British accents. And there's hundreds of separate accents that could be identified as "English". (I'm not complaining that Americans can't identify individual accents from within England- heck, I can't most of the time- but leaving out Scotland and Wales from Britain is stupid.)On-Topic: So I'll be introduced through this? =D
Perhaps; it depends on how fast I get stuff done.

Marrowman is entirely correct. There is like, so many British accents. I can only really identify about three, though, despite being British myself - Queen's English, chav and Scottish. :P

Meh, everyone knows that America is the only country in the world, so who cares, right? =P

Huh, I could have sworn there was another post here...Anyhow, with the new forums back up, I have nothing to show for it because I've been procrastinating and playing Halo: Reach and watching the English Dub of Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.But there was something I haven't posted before, or at least, I don't remember posting. I went back and reshrunk the first comic with Bicubic instead of Nearest Neighbor to make the lines more smooth. While it's still blurry, its better looking than the original one.Anyhow, here is the slightly remastered version. I'll actually remake the original comic at some point later this year.

Actually, the new comic looks really horifically blurry. It's like when I first discovered the blur tool, and made a co-author series just to show off my "newfound talent". Heh. I was pathetic, much like you were.BUT YOU'RE BETTER NOW. Stop digging up the past- it actually makes you look worse, because I have it on good authority that the only self worse than your future self is, in fact, your past self.Cue hours of me ranting at my past comic making attempts, etc etc etc.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

The remastered comic, the bubbles are smoother but the sprite is more blurry.And I know the feeling of procrastination. It is a good feeling.I await more!-DONT PANIC

BUT YOU'RE BETTER NOW. Stop digging up the past- it actually makes you look worse, because I have it on good authority that the only self worse than your future self is, in fact, your past self.

True, but only half true. While its definitely true that there are times where the past should be let go of, the past can also shed some light on both past mistakes and also remind us of better times (something you yourself seem to realize, seeing as IIMT is in and of itself a remake of your original series, IMT).My mistake in this instance was using Illustrator to word my comics instead of directly using Photoshop itself because Illustrator took my originally 900px wide comic and nearly doubled it in width. To resize it, I used Nearest Neighbor to shrink it. A close look at the original comic will reveal that this made the sprites and background themselves are horribly resized and have parts "stretched out", along with giving the word bubbles as well as the text inside them a pixellated sharpness to them.This time, I tried a Bicubic resize meathod to try and retain its original shape, but while the text and backgrounds look fine, the sprites themselves were made very blurry (similar to what Decei notes in the post below). Still, I find it a bit easier to look at than the original one.This is also why I want to go back and remake it: not only will it be a harken back to my original days as a comic maker, it will also let the comic look how I wanted it to look, not how it turned out.

The remastered comic, the bubbles are smoother but the sprite is more blurry.And I know the feeling of procrastination. It is a good feeling.I await more!-DONT PANIC

True, that. I'll hopefully fix it all someday.Also, I am fully basking in the feeling of procrastination. However, getting out of it may be the hard part. I am partly done with a comic right now, and with some sort of luck, hope to get it done today. Then it'll be on to another one either later today or tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get a buffer set up for future releases.

Okay, okay, I lied. No comic. I've hit an impasse in making this one: I'm currently stuck with nowhere to go. Its at the sort of position where its not long enough to be released as-is, but its too long to just discard. I'll have to go back and check my notes for punchlines and joke situations and such, play around with it in my head, maybe just start talking on Skype again and see where that goes.I can at least give you guys a preview, though:lll_comic_46_preview.png

Wait.Kahi shoulder angels?Scary. :P

Be thankful they are not Makito shoulder angels.

The question is, which one's the angel and which one's the devil?I think a remake of the first comic would be really awesome. I can't wait!-- :ruru:

Indeed. And you'll find out the answer when (if) the comic gets released.

OK, sure.I feel like a noob for asking this, but... who's the guy with the Hau between the two Kahis?-- :ruru:

That would be Gatotak, one of the many workers at LLL Tower. Don't worry, its not your fault you don't recognize him; being the slow-producing comic maker I am, I haven't used him much at all.Anyhow, no comic and all that. I know, I know, I'm a procrastinator. However, on the bright side, I have just procured a new laptop for my usage today (thank God for Cyber Monday NewEgg sales!). This means that will I now have 1. A computer that I can actually work on that doesn't freeze up all the time 2. A computer that I can install Photoshop CS4 on 3. A computer that I can work on comics at the college on. All ingredients to increase efficiency and work effort in future comics.Again, had I had Photoshop open without significantly slowing down my computer, you all would have another preview to enjoy. As of now, though, there's nothing. Patience is a virtue, procrastination is not.also also thanks to Windrider/Janus, this topic will remain open forever.also also also check out this random comedy

also also thanks to Windrider/Janus, this topic will remain open forever.

Why is that?-- :ruru:
Well, technically, all topics will remain open forever. =P I'm just happy that I don't have to constantly try and keep this alive during the school year. Man, what I would give for the option to homeschool through college...

Well, technically, all topics will remain open forever. =P I'm just happy that I don't have to constantly try and keep this alive during the school year. Man, what I would give for the option to homeschool through college...
Homeschooling isn't that different. Some of the assignments they give you are sometimes worse than at school.

Deus-Ex.jpg

"I like everyone, Dr. Reed."

Homeschooling isn't that different. Some of the assignments they give you are sometimes worse than at school.
I was referring more to the option of time; I used to be able to have enough time to both be able to make comics/come up with comic ideas as well as get all my schoolwork done and have a lot of free-time to boot. Now, I'm just mostly gone for half the day and the other half is spent of either homework or other projects like TTV or things like that.Also, if you haven't already, go check out the new 2011 Christmas Advent Calendar.

Oh my gosh, I just read comic 45 and I freaking loved it. You've taken the whole "comics as business" concept and perfected it, Kahi. :lol: The punchline was great too, but I was just enjoying reading that conversation they were having. It's so realistic, I'd swear it was based on real-life events.

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Oh my gosh, I just read comic 45 and I freaking loved it. You've taken the whole "comics as business" concept and perfected it, Kahi. :lol: The punchline was great too, but I was just enjoying reading that conversation they were having. It's so realistic, I'd swear it was based on real-life events.

Yeah, I've wanted to do a comic like that for a long time. I'm glad you enjoyed it :P I added a little homage with that eCorp bit.Anyhow, laptop acquired. And with that, a new comic.Also, check out that nifty 2011 Advent Calendar for a new comic to be up today. Edited by Kahi

I love how the scene with Gatotak and the Shoulder Kahis doesn't go anywhere. I guess it shows how overworked he is to hallucinate that way.And Gerlicky hates everyone, so that's to be expected. :PAlso, just barely noticed you gave Var and Alena (and possibly Mesonak too but I can't see through the camera) COv3 heads and CO bodies.

button.png

The only way that would have been more awesome would be if you put in a "Do NOT bypass the word filter" at the end. I especially loved the guy shouting chocolate every 5 panels, most especially when he said the scientific term for it.

Ah, poor Chokii. I knew him well...That is to say, I knew Blade and then Blade went poof into the far nether regions of Celestria, never to return.

I love how the scene with Gatotak and the Shoulder Kahis doesn't go anywhere. I guess it shows how overworked he is to hallucinate that way.And Gerlicky hates everyone, so that's to be expected. :PAlso, just barely noticed you gave Var and Alena (and possibly Mesonak too but I can't see through the camera) COv3 heads and CO bodies.

Yep, that's the beauty of one-time gags =PAlso yeah, I wanted to use COIII in some way, but COv3 bodies look a little odd when put beside normal CO bodies. So I just decided to use the mask. I may end up switching one day, however. Also yes, Meso does have a COv3 Piraka head. I nearly included Potu and Invi as well, but there was no time and in the end they had to be scrapped. They'll probably appear in a later comic, however.I did color them with the Chimoru X colors, though.

"We're also lawyers"That whole part of the comic got a good laugh out of me.Great comic.

Ah, the ideas that result from Skype conversations. Skype: Providing Comic Inspiration Since 2010. Edited by Kahi

"We're also lawyers"That whole part of the comic got a good laugh out of me.Great comic.

Ah, the ideas that result from Skype conversations. Skype: Providing Comic Inspiration Since 2010.
Ay, I do believe I had some part in inspiring that shoulder Kahi joke :POver all, that was a fantastic comic. I laughed real hard at the part where Alena is coming up behind me, and I mention the noose tightening around my neck XD People who don't know Ven, Var, Meso and Alena might not get all the jokes, but I loved it.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Over all, that was a fantastic comic. I laughed real hard at the part where Alena is coming up behind me, and I mention the noose tightening around my neck XD People who don't know Ven, Var, Meso and Alena might not get all the jokes, but I loved it.sig.png

Yeah, there's several in jokes that no one outside of TTV would probably get (for instance, Pamela Cam Recorder), mostly because its behind the scenes (such as all the times that we completed an episode only to find that it hasn't been recorded), Its sort of like every Group comic ever made. :P

...Maybe I should get on Skype more often.
You should. It is about as much fun as getting kicked in the face repeatedly by pure awesomeness and hilarity!My favorites were probably iPengiun and Tavakai. I also thought it was funny that you had Kahi shoulder angels/demons/lawyers when you were going to rat on him.J-K out. Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

You should. It is about as much fun as getting kicked in the face repeatedly by pure awesomeness and hilarity!My favorites were probably iPengiun and Tavakai. I also thought it was funny that you had Kahi shoulder angels/demons/lawyers when you were going to rat on him.J-K out.

Yeah, that part was pretty fun to write.Anyhow, I'm redoing all the old spritesheets I used to have with new colors and all that and putting them all together for easier accessibility. I may post it up at some point here, but it is pretty huge. I'll probably include some backgrounds and bring back the comic kit.Also, Character Sheet would be useful as well. I'll get on that.