Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I love most of what The Living Tombstone makes, especially his popular remix of Discord and Stuck in Time, along with that one Hebrew rock song dedicated to Spitfire. He's one of my favorite brony 'celebrities', and I had the great opportunity to meet him and take a picture with him at BronyCon ^_^Picture Perfect Pony is one I enjoy as well, partly because of the fabulous animation that went with it.I discovered a really amazing song, One Last Letter (Aviators VIP Remix), that I really reccomend giving a listen; it's very powerful, and has a nice beat as well.I'm a fan of Ponyphonic and Wooden Toaster and AcousticBrony as well, though unfortunately I mostly know these popular artists and not very much else-- I need to go crawling through removed music archives again!

Edited by Tufi Piyufi
Links and references to sites with commenting systems removed. -Tufi

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Did anyone else notice that in Spike at Your Service the timberwolves looked like something out of a completely different show? The angular style, the thin black lines instead of thick colorful ones, etc. just made it impossible for me to take them seriously.

Edited by Death of the Endless

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Yeah, the timberwolves were 3D animated. I didn't mind it at all, because it gave them a mysterious and otherworldly vibe.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Markarian - MonumentPonyphonic - The Moon RisesPonyphonic - Lullaby for a PrincessCarbonMaestro - From Shadow Unto Crystal (King Sombra's Theme)CarbonMaestro - The Spirit of Love (Princess Cadance's Theme) (Not on his channel for some reason, but search Speed Drawing MLP - Princess Cadance by Kattvalk and it's the music used in that. Speed drawings are cool anyway.)

dBPony - DreamsdBpony - Oh Sweetie Belle

Edited by High Voltage

We talkin pony music? I listen to... Manopony. Only one I really, really like. GUYS NEW CLIP!

It was awesome! Now I can't wait for the episode. ;_; Also, here's a comment I saw on the videoDiscord: Aren't you Rainbow Dash?Rainbow Dash: Yup.Discord: And this is your ID?Rainbow Dash: Yup.Discord: I found this ID in this wallet, and if that's the case this must be your wallet.Rainbow Dash: That makes sense to me.Discord: Then take it.Rainbow Dash: That's not my wallet...

Edited by Rarity

Did anyone else notice that in Spike at Your Service the timberwolves looked like something out of a completely different show? The angular style, the thin black lines instead of thick colorful ones, etc. just made it impossible for me to take them seriously.

They were from a completely different show! My Life as a Teenage Robot! ^^

~ CHTrilogy

Hm...I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a full heel-face turn from Discord. However, it does make some sense: Discord's tendency to turn things into "games" could indicate that he just wants ponies to play with him. He probably had never met anyone who could tolerate his behavior before, and therefore had no genuine friends. I wonder what kind of job Celestia's going to put him in...I could see him being a type of ambassador/negotiator, given his clever and manipulative nature. Either that or she's gearing up for some kind of magical conflict in which hypnotism, object animation, magical infiltration, and general reality warping will come in handy... :o Actually, with the mention of a "royal summit" the latter theory seems more likely. Shoot, I guess we can expect an overabundance of "tyrant Celestia" fics now.

I suppose this episode also shows a great deal of growth on Fluttershy's part. While she was still a little intimidated at the beginning, she managed to keep her composure until the crucial moment when Discord's trust was put to the test. The scene where she called out the other girls for assuming she was a "silly gullable fool" was particularly good, seems like something left over from her assertiveness training.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Well that was interesting. I wouldn't call it a highlight of season 3 but it was definitely very enjoyable. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is I'd rather have seen Discord as an all out antagonist at least once more. This scenario seems more like the kind of thing they would have played out during his third or fourth appearance. That said, I'm glad they did hint to him returning to his villainous ways by just slyly muttering "most of the time".

Which also leads me to be optimistic that if ever there's any scenes in the Canterlot castle, we have a chance of seeing Discord flitting about the place, being the comedic clown that he is. I imagine he'll essentially be like some kind of rowdy pet for Celestia.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

How was the character not messed up? Discord was a great character not because of his crazy antics, but because how he manipulated the main six characters to turn against each other. He was also a legitimately creepy villain, and I can't see why on Earth he would take friendship over the ability to cause chaos.

Seriously, this episode felt like really bad fan fiction.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Discord's basic idea was not centered around being creepy, being more of a sarcastic, manipulative wisecracker. Just because he learns the value of friendship doesn't mean the character is ruined. Also, I think the 'most of the time' comment made it pretty clear he doesn't plan on totally giving up chaos anytime soon. You also have to pay more attention to the actual psyche of the character and what makes sense in the given situation, rather than just focusing on what you want from the character.

Edited by Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I concede you have a point about Discord not centered around being creepy- that was a result of him being manipulative. And while I get that he's a wisecracking manipulator at heart, it's pretty hard for him to relish in those things while being restrained. As for what makes sense in the given situation... nothing about the situations in the episode makes sense. Celestia suddenly wanting Discord on her side makes no sense. Leaving him alone with the main six make no sense. Discord suddenly wanting friendship makes no sense, especially when his character has previously destroyed friendships for fun. I'm not against him reforming if given a good reason, but what was given in the episode just wasn't convincing enough for me. I'll forgive the writers if this develops into something greater, or if Discord is treated as more of an ambiguous character than straight good, but as it stands it just feels half baked. But, you know, kids' show.

And, admittedly, implying that his character got messed up was a little bit of unnecessary hyperbole on my par. For pretty much the entire episode he was the same old Discord. It's just the last two minutes I take issue with.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I think it worked decently. Sure, he'd messed up friendships before, but they were other people's friendships, not his own. I think they did a good job of zig-zagging between whether or not he'd give in, and I think it comes down to the fact that even he didn't realize how he felt about it until the end. It seems kind of like it was his first chance to have friends, and he was willing to try it out rather than throw it away immediately.

I mean, he's been locked in stone twice, and then suddenly someone's willing to be on his side. Seems like between that and ice-skating, friendship is the more appealing option. And it's not like he's pledged not to be a trickster anymore, he's just not going to be overly malicious with it.

Also now I realize that the possibility of a Mane6/Discord team-up is even closer now. Hopefully that's what this was leading up to.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I think it worked decently. Sure, he'd messed up friendships before, but they were other people's friendships, not his own. I think they did a good job of zig-zagging between whether or not he'd give in, and I think it comes down to the fact that even he didn't realize how he felt about it until the end. It seems kind of like it was his first chance to have friends, and he was willing to try it out rather than throw it away immediately.

I mean, he's been locked in stone twice, and then suddenly someone's willing to be on his side. Seems like between that and ice-skating, friendship is the more appealing option. And it's not like he's pledged not to be a trickster anymore, he's just not going to be overly malicious with it.

Also now I realize that the possibility of a Mane6/Discord team-up is even closer now. Hopefully that's what this was leading up to.

I was doing some reading on a particular trope site and in the Fridge Brilliance (which essentially means that something is actually brilliant on reflection rather then when that thing first appears, or something along those lines if I put it intelligibly, anyway) section, and someone made a very interesting point. It is very possible and likely that Discord thought that Fluttershy was only being as nice as she was to him because Celestia had ordered her to be that way, rather then actually wanting to befriend him. At least, I believe in this interpretation.

Oh and your RPG seems interesting Silverstar, if it launches I might get involved.

Edited by The Oneiromancer

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

You can't mention that site here, lol.

Aneighway!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/NFS_8472/pony_pony_pony_by_valenti_angae-d5sgfqj_zpsee4fef94.jpg]This[/url] package arrived yesterday. :)

I got it all from Justine Pulles, who is a 2D artist and works on the show!

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Season 3 finale has been revealed.It sounds interesting.

What's the plot going to be?

"When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic."

You can't mention that site here, lol. Aneighway! This package arrived yesterday. :) I got it all from Justine Pulles, who is a 2D artist and works on the show!

How do you always get the cool stuff? :P

Edited by Rarity

"Keep Calm and Flutter On" was awesome. I wasn't sold in Discord being good until the very end, and even then, he had that sarcastic tone to his voice. I don't think he'll ever become fully good.

Also, this is the first time one of the four intro/final antagonists (Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and Sombra) have appeared in a regular episode (unless you count Princess Luna, which I don't, since she's not evil and also looks totally different).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm pretty sure I saw the barking pony get a house call.

Wow, you're right...maybe she's finally stabalizing?

I guess Tsundere-dash is officially a thing at this point, and it is cute how she obviously loves Tank but is still self-conscious about looking "mushy".

It is nice to see Spike's love of baking return, I had begun to wonder if the story team had forgotten about his talents after "Spike at your Service". Also, any episode with extended Gummy scenes is good in my book.

Still, there's one thing that's bugging me:

Why did Scootaloo say that she had "always wanted to visit the Chrystal Empire"? How could she, since it had not even existed until just recently? Also, her infatuation with "see-through walls" is just a tad disturbing. Possible Stalkerloo reference? :huh:

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Keizah the Kaleidoscope" data-cid="497098" data-time="1359253701"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bundalings" data-cid="496976" data-time="1359230227"><p>I'm pretty sure I saw the barking pony get a house call.</p></blockquote><span style='font-family: times new roman', times, serif'><span style='color: #006400'>Wow, you're right...maybe she's finally stabalizing?</span></span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: times new roman', times, serif'><span style='color: #006400'>I guess Tsundere-dash is officially a thing at this point, and it is cute how she obviously loves Tank but is still self-conscious about looking "mushy".</span></span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: times new roman', times, serif'><span style='color: #006400'>It is nice to see Spike's love of baking return, I had begun to wonder if the story team had forgotten about his talents after "Spike at your Service". Also, any episode with extended Gummy scenes is good in my book.</span></span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: times new roman', times, serif'><span style='color: #006400'>Still, there's one thing that's bugging me:</span></span><br />

<span style='font-family: times new roman', times, serif'><span style='color: #006400'>Why did Scootaloo say that she had "always wanted to visit the Chrystal Empire"? How could she, since it had not even existed until just recently? Also, her infatuation with "see-through walls" is just a tad disturbing. Possible Stalkerloo reference? :huh:</span></span>

</p></blockquote>

...Stalkerloo?

Gah, that was such a great episode. It was one of those where about two thirds of the way through I realised it was approaching the climax and was saddened it wasn't far off from ending. Some of Spike's expressions were fantastically hilarious and I liked the variety of cameos on show: barking pony, Zecora, Granny Smith, even Cheerilee and Big Mac walking side by side (Do I hear lamenting fanfic writers?). I'm really disappointed this season's only half as long as normal because the quality of some of these episodes has been top notch.

Why did Scootaloo say that she had "always wanted to visit the Chrystal Empire"? How could she, since it had not even existed until just recently?

Don't forget she is still a kid, so probably just loves exaggerating. "I've always wanted to visit the Crystal Empire" translates to "I've always wanted to visit the Crystal Empire since Rainbow Dash told me about it" in filly language.

Edited by The Affably Evil Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I guess Tsundere-dash is officially a thing at this point, and it is cute how she obviously loves Tank but is still self-conscious about looking "mushy".

It is nice to see Spike's love of baking return, I had begun to wonder if the story team had forgotten about his talents after "Spike at your Service". Also, any episode with extended Gummy scenes is good in my book.

Why did Scootaloo say that she had "always wanted to visit the Chrystal Empire"? How could she, since it had not even existed until just recently? Also, her infatuation with "see-through walls" is just a tad disturbing. Possible Stalkerloo reference? :huh:

It's possible that she heard about it from a schoolbook or something like that.

It would have to be a really recent one, since nobody except Celestia and Luna remembered it until S3.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It would have to be a really recent one, since nobody except Celestia and Luna remembered it until S3.

Ya, if it was in a book Twilight would have read about it already. ;-)

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]