Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Based on people's lists of their other favourite shows, there seems to be a pretty big overlap with the Doctor Who fandom. Is this all because of a certain background pony, or is there another reason?Avatar: The Last Airbender also seems popular, but I find that one less surprising for some reason...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Don't see many fans of Avatar, but I am a fan of Doctor Who.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Based on people's lists of their other favourite shows, there seems to be a pretty big overlap with the Doctor Who fandom. Is this all because of a certain background pony, or is there another reason?Avatar: The Last Airbender also seems popular, but I find that one less surprising for some reason...

And of course Bionicle, since the plots are similar (for the Season openers at least,) except they're using the elements of Harmony, not those of nature, and they're all girls instead of five guys one girl. :P Avatar: The Last Airbender is essentially the same thing, but with like four people. (again, only one girl.) Except this show is more awesome because ponies are the manliest things to dwell the earth (save for Chuck Norris,) and it has an awesome recreation of the scene from the end of Star Wars IV.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I started watching Doctor Who after ponies, and I'm really only sort of into it. I haven't even caught up with the stuff on Netflix... I guess I enjoy the show (enough to list it), but I don't know I'd say I love it. Oh and another show I'm watching I didn't list is Once Upon A Time. That kid is so irritating though hurr hurr durr@ Hyper Rarity: Toph was only a man in the play. So, two girls.Anyway ponies. Did anyone else literallylol at Fleur/Elizabeth/SheOfTheManyNames?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I'm not a Doctor Who fan , but I am a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Avatar state! Yip yip !).I saw the new episode, and I'm glad to see a Rarity one. It was sweet and I am a fan of Fancy Pants. ^^ Yay high class pony who isn't a total snob! =D Rarity, marry him! XD

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Well, sign me up, gentlemen. Another Brony has joined your ranks! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAs for other fandoms…Doctor Who.Star Trek.Narnia - Book Series. The first movie was amazing, but the next 2 sucked.Lord of the Rings. Books and movies were amazing.Anything by Charles Dickens.Ender's Game.Bionicle.And the list goes on.

Edited by Writ

Well, sign me up, gentlemen. Another Brony has joined your ranks! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAs for other fandoms…Doctor Who.Star Trek.Narnia - Book Series. The first movie was amazing, but the next 2 sucked.Lord of the Rings. Books and movies were amazing.Anything by Charles Dickens.Ender's Game.Bionicle.And the list goes on.

Welcome to the string! :) Glad to hear there's another one. Our empire is growing!

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Welcome to the cult. xDAnd I'm not a Doctor Who fan.

I would like to reiterate both of these statements.As for other fandomsBionicleNarnia (the movies and the books)The Lord of the Rings (the movies and the books, though mostly the movies given my laziness :P)Star WarsVarious superhero movies (the X-Men trilogy, the Spider-Man trilogy, Batman Begins and Dark Knight, etc.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Might as well chime in with my fanlist, even though I'm not sure how this topic started.BionicleMiddle Earth and Tolkien's books in general. Although I haven't read was too young to read TLotR, the Hobbit was fantastic, and several of his other works were too. I am also of course a fan of the movies.MLP, naturally. I finally caught up to the series a few days ago.MinecraftBone (the comics)Star WarsPortalEragon/Inheritance CycleHomestuckThat's basically it.

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

Oh, various other things I love:MystMinecraftWritingFantasy in generalOne Year Adventure Novel. Best writing curriculum I've ever seen.Homeschooling. Thank you, parental units!Edit: Forgot a few things.Graphics DesignInterface DesignProduct DesignPhilosophyClassical MusicVideo Game OSTs. Don't ask. :P

Edited by Writ

And of course Bionicle, since the plots are similar (for the Season openers at least,) except they're using the elements of Harmony, not those of nature, and they're all girls instead of five guys one girl. :P Avatar: The Last Airbender is essentially the same thing, but with like four people. (again, only one girl.) Except this show is more awesome because ponies are the manliest things to dwell the earth (save for Chuck Norris,) and it has an awesome recreation of the scene from the end of Star Wars IV.
Yeah, since we're all Bionicle fans (or, at least, were at some point), I figured the Airbender overlap was because of the similarities to Bionicle, not MLP.The similarities other people have mentioned between MLP and Bionicle only serve to convince me that Bionicle could have done really well as a flash-animated TV show.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Except this show is more awesome because ponies are the manliest things to dwell the earth (save for Chuck Norris,)

Looks like somepony has never played a Warhammer 40,000 game before.Which reminds me. I should take a look at a ponyfic involving that.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Oh, various other things I love:MystMinecraftWritingFantasy in generalOne Year Adventure Novel. Best writing curriculum I've ever seen.Homeschooling. Thank you, parental units!Edit: Forgot a few things.Graphics DesignInterface DesignProduct DesignPhilosophyClassical MusicVideo Game OSTs. Don't ask. :P

Shorah! The world needs more Myst fans!Also, mother of mercy, I caught myself drawing a sketch of a pony OC. Thankfully I drew a very shocked minifigure to balance it out. Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I just realized something.For the longest time I haven't known who a bunch of characters you guys talk about are. I let it go because I figured they would come in later episodes I hadn't seen yet. Now I've seen all of them and I still don't know some. Who's Derpy? And who's Octavia? Is Dr. Whooves an actual character or is he a fan pony?

I've done a few pony OC's. A few pieces of fanart, as well. :)Anyone interested in seeing 'em?Edit: I finally got my sig to work! :biggrin:It's a sig version of Fluttershy fanart I made. :smeag:

Sure, why not?Ironically, I am unable to see your sig. Edited by Roablin
banner.png

SO.....WIN!!!!Anyway, what kind of brony would I be if I didn't latch onto fads? :PBionicle, duhHomeschoolingAstronomyClassical music (Frederic Chopin is the BEST.....POSSIBLE.....THING!)Piano compositionGood music in generalKingdom HeartsAnimeMangaBen 10 seriesMario gamesEDIT: GermanHistoryGreek MythologyEchoes From the Edge (series)Dragons of Starlight (another series)Artemis Fowl Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Ohh. Even if you go in private browsing?

Yah. It's on a Mac; there's quite literally no way around it. But the parental controls are good. It's not a whitelist. I can access most of the internet, but it doesn't let you on paypal to steal your parent's money. :P

SO.....WIN!!!!Anyway, what kind of brony would I be if I didn't latch onto fads? :PBionicle, duhHomeschoolingAstronomyClassical music (Frederic Chopin is the BEST.....POSSIBLE.....THING!)Piano compositionGood music in generalKingdom HeartsAnimeMangaBen 10 seriesMario games

Why danke! :DMario games have amazingful soundtracks. Just sayin'. :P

I just realized something.For the longest time I haven't known who a bunch of characters you guys talk about are. I let it go because I figured they would come in later episodes I hadn't seen yet. Now I've seen all of them and I still don't know some. Who's Derpy? And who's Octavia? Is Dr. Whooves an actual character or is he a fan pony?

Derpy was a background character that showed up in the first episode during Pinkie's party for Twilight. She pretty much instantly became a fan favorite because of her eyes and has showed up with her eyes like that in Sonic Rainboom, Show Stoppers, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and Best Night Ever. In Season 2 she became more of a Where's Waldo type character, with cameos in Lesson Zero, Luna Eclipsed, May the Best Pet Win, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, and Sweet & Elite. The fandom portrays her with a filly, Dinky Hooves, and sometimes another, older, daughter Sparkler, gets shipped with either Doctor Whooves and/or lives with Carrot Top as a roommate. She also has an obsession with muffins.Octavia first showed up in Best Night Ever, as part of the quartet playing at the Gala. The fandom liked something about her; the way she stood, her reaction to Pinkie, or something else entirely, but she became popular, to the point of appearing on the Comic Con poster despite only having one appearance at that time. The fandom frequently associates her with Vinyl Scratch, sometimes as a ship, and sometimes as a kind of annoying friend. Because of the way she reacted to Pinkie Pie in Best Night Ever, as if she had experienced this before, as well as because her color resembles that of one of Pinkie's sisters from Cutie Mark Chronicles, there is a somewhat popular theory that Octavia is Pinkie Pie's sister. A recolor of Octavia appeared in Luna Eclipsed, and Octavia herself appeared in Sweet & Elite.Doctor Whooves first appeared in Winter Wrap Up, and again in Call of the Cutie, as the pony Apple Bloom was harassing by pressuring him into buying apples. Doctor Whooves fans in the fandom immediately named him Doctor Whoof or Doctor Whooves, depending on where you look, because of his hourglass cutie mark and resemblance to David Tennant. Although he has had no speaking roles since his appearance on Call of the Cutie, numerous fan works have been made about him, including fanfics and fanart. He most recently appeared in Sweet & Elite as one of the background ponies at the garden party.Geez... I had most of this memorized... >_<Also it's kind of been bothering me; both of Rarity's songs have been in Eb, and almost all of Pinkie Pie's songs are in D, with the only exceptions being the singing telegram in C and the leaked song in Eb. Everypony else is more scattered, though; Applejack and Twi sang in Db in Winter Wrap Up, but AJ sang B during At the Gala, while Twi was in C. Fluttershy sang in Db in Winter Wrap Up and Find a Pet, C in So Many Wonders, and B during At the Gala, and Rainbow Dash has done the same (with the obvious exception of So Many Wonders). I wonder why... Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

^ Would take me a while to memorize all that. :PAlso, might want to fix up the first paragraph a bit. ^_^

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

^ Would take me a while to memorize all that. :PAlso, might want to fix up the first paragraph a bit. ^_^

wao;ihgeaprjhoprejaw;klf how did that happenfix'dAs for outside interests:
  • [*]Bionicle[*]Haylo[*]Gears of War[*]Assassin's Creed[*]Fallout[*]Mass Effect[*]Bit of Zelda, Mario, CoD, and Sonic[*]Flute, and composition for flute by ear (because half the sheet music for pony music out there is for piano, and the other half for guitar <_<)[*]Vectoring[*]Gundam[*]Keroro Gunso[*]Ranger's Apprentice[*]Artemis Fowl[*]Inheritance[*]House and Doctor Who, although I don't watch them that often

Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

wao;ihgeaprjhoprejaw;klf how did that happenfix'dAs for outside interests:
  • [*]Bionicle[*]Halo[*]Gears of War[*]Assassin's Creed[*]Fallout[*]Mass Effect[*]Bit of Zelda, Mario, and Sonic[*]Flute, and composition for flute by ear (because half the sheet music for pony music out there is for piano, and the other half for guitar <_<)[*]Vectoring

IdunnololAlso, woot Mare Mass Effect!

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I would list my other fandoms but.. ehh. Okay-Homestuck-Soul Eater-Adventure Time with Finn & Jake-Dr. McNinja-Generator Rex-Michael Crichton's novels-Young Wizards-Gainax (FLCL, TTGL, PSG, etc.)-Star Wars (Including TCW)-Pendragon-Other Manga (DN, Bakuam, Bleach, etc.)Anyways. I never really got people's enthusiasm over background ponies. Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, etc. I guess they look cool, but hey don't really do much for me. Others like Doctor Whooves I have no interest in whatsoever (Though that's just because I'm not into Doctor Who). Derpy is the only one I like, because she's a good gag character.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png