This Ever Happen To You?

King_Serperior

I'd just go buy some. People can be rather, er, believing in their sterotypes. I'm only 14, and people give me looks when I go into the Lego aisle. In fact, there once was this weird woman who kept trying to force me out of the aisle (not literally, but she kept striding really fast behind me in order to "force" me out of the aisle)Ironically, her child didn't know why his mom was doing this.And if people ask, you can do a lot of things. It's a hobby, it's a form or art, a creative medium. None of those are lies, or you can just say you collect them, it's what I do.However, if your a guy like me, and if your trying to buy LEGO Friends sets, then that's a different story. Much harder to do, in my opinion (in a store)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude, do what you want. If you wanna buy lego toys to play with, do it. Don't feel you have to lie and say they're for someone else, or say "oh it's for a collection" when you're just looking for some sweet new toys, man. Plus, let's face it, the only people who "collect" toys tend to be manchild nerds anyway, so if anything, saying "I'm a toy collector" would paint you in an even more negative light.Just be who you want to be - you wanna play with some rad toys? Go for it bro. Or, conversely, if you have "grown out of it," there's no shame in that either. If you feel too old for the toys, that's fine, m'man - move onto other new things that better suit you. But with either case, don't let peculiar looks at checkout deter you. Man that reminds me of a hilarious story about a wild look I got at checkout one time, but the story/purchase involved items not appropriate for discussion on BZPower. :(

bring back "an cool dude"

Man that reminds me of a hilarious story about a wild look I got at checkout one time, but the story/purchase involved items not appropriate for discussion on BZPower. :(

Only you, Smeag. Only you would add that. :PMaybe me too.Also, just do what Smeag said, because it's what I do. Buy Lego Bricks, build with Lego Bricks. If people look at you oddly, ignore them. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Nobody is ever too old for Lego. Go out and get yourself a ton of it! :biggrin:

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Lego is for all ages. Except those Ben 10 sets, but those weren't very good anyway.Just buy it off the internet if you don't like walking into shops.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be ashamed! You never outgrow the things you love, and if somebody looks at you funny, hey, it's their problem. Just let them go rot their brains with Call of Duty while you build up some grey matter. It will be their fault when your their boss someday :P.-don't touch my pocket protector

Agreed, although rotting their brains with something else would be a better idea. I play Call of Duty, and I find this slightly offensive. :P I'm joking, of course, but nonetheless, don't feel like you're ashamed. Buy LEGO sets if you want, but I'd instead save the money and save it for something in the future you might want, but that's me, lol.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Bricklink is the solution, that way you can buy specific parts, and tell yourself you're a grown up type using the parts in a more technical way. It's buying sets that makes me feel odd, because it just seems kinda childish to buy Lego to build exactly what they thought of. No thought, just a toy. So I'm an individual parts guy now.

Just let them go rot their brains with Call of Duty while you build up some grey matter.

I play Call of Duty, and am offended that you think my doing so is remotely offensive. I'm proud to let my brain rot. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I just shrug it off, there's no use denying just how weird we can be, anybody who doesn't act weird is simply denying their very personality just to be like the majority of other people. I think that the many people have too strong of a desire to be liked by everybody by being like everybody and thus become slaves to that desire to be like everyone else and let it control their lives.

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

As long as I feel young inside, age doesn't matter. Until people give me weird looks. Then I begin to get a little self conscious. XD

That actually became an issue to me. Somewhere around age 17 I think, it just started feeling more and more strange to be in line with nothing but a large box containing Lego parts. Some people would ask if I was getting a birthday present for a younger sibling, but I always got a weird look or condescending laugh/comment when I told them it was for me.-Ced

Nothing wrong with some Lego action, but I do advise you to be careful with your finances and not make frivolous purchases that you will regret later. You have to weigh the actual happiness you expect to get from your purchase versus the cost - I didn't do this and I ended up with a lot of sets I didn't really care about back in the day.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Lol yes, I get this all the time. Although it's not usually fearing that I'm 'too old' for it as such, more that it's pretty much the only thing I want to buy when I get money for my B'day or Christmas. I also sometimes feel that the sets themselves aren't worth the money. I mean, I could buy the parts to the set online for far less than I would buy the set for. -FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

As long as I feel young inside, age doesn't matter. Until people give me weird looks. Then I begin to get a little self conscious. XD

That actually became an issue to me. Somewhere around age 17 I think, it just started feeling more and more strange to be in line with nothing but a large box containing Lego parts. Some people would ask if I was getting a birthday present for a younger sibling, but I always got a weird look or condescending laugh/comment when I told them it was for me.-Ced
People laughing at me always made me feel better about myself for some reason. Like when people laugh at me for wearing my Sonic hat in public, I feel proud to be a Sonic fan. Similar thing with Lego.

:kaukau: I love LEGO, although I do sympathize with people who feel that they've outgrown getting it for their birthdays. Let's face it: once someone gets to a certain age they really have to focus on certain things in life and have to take on new interests if they are to be responsible. Now, I don't know if you're at that age yet, King Superior, but if your needs aren't so urgent yet, don't be afraid to spend your money on what you love, which rightly should be LEGO.Meanwhile, although I haven't outgrown it, I feel no shame in admitting that I want to spend money on a mapping program called Fractal Terrains 3. Is that a rather weird interest? By the standards of the average person, yes, but what can I say? I'm passionate about creating realistic fictional cartography.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh