The Official Minecraft Topic

Lately I've been taking advantage of creative mode. I normally had to use survival, since there were blocks not in creative. Which reminds me, I don't have a screenshot yet, but I made some pixel art of Miraka over the break, which I've been waiting to show her. I should go do that now actually...

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

If anyone is putting together a list of players for a BZP server, sign me up. I haven't played that much since I got my laptop. While it runs every other game I own superbly, Minecraft runs sort of laggy on it. :( Though I have been able to get used to it running like that, I have only started playing again since the adventure update.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

The dragons aren't avalible yet. They're in the game code though, and Notch released a video of one. There's going to be a red dragon for the overworld, and a larger/rarer Ender Dragon in the End that can destroy mountains and make massive tunnels as it pleases. Hopefully something for the Nether too. Also did you hear that the End is replacing the sky dimension? :/ ~Unit#phntk#1

got Minecraft for my birthday, <3 it. played it obsessively for a few weeks and then decided to take a break until Takuma's server goes up after the release of the full game. didn't want to play too much and become bored with it or anything, which tends to happen.

Edited by Laughin'Man

I'm not really sure how the End is helpful at all, since you can't return from it... At least not yet anyway. There's a big chance Notch could make a way later, but the name suggests that he won't. What do you guys like about it so far? I haven't actually been there yet. Roablin

banner.png

I personally want to have the End as a sort of side quest thing; you go there, then you need to find a way out by exploring the obsidian towers. It'll be even more epic if Notch makes the Endermen there be able to talk. Then you could try to get help from them. Without looking at them, of course. Somehow. That, or have the End as some sort of abyss place that you can cast your enemies into; I can see it now, the future of executions in Minecraft.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I personally want to have the End as a sort of side quest thing; you go there, then you need to find a way out by exploring the obsidian towers. It'll be even more epic if Notch makes the Endermen there be able to talk. Then you could try to get help from them. Without looking at them, of course. Somehow. That, or have the End as some sort of abyss place that you can cast your enemies into; I can see it now, the future of executions in Minecraft.

Now that would be epic, punish someone on a server by forcing them to throw their body into the End. Banish them to another, horrible, dimension.
banner.png

They don't have to throw themselves; even on an un-modded server, you simply kill them, then at the spawn have some sort of mechanism that would drop them onto a portal to the End. That, or capture them and force them onto a platform, then have them drop into it via pistons. It'd mean a loooot more on hardcore servers were if you die that's it.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Don't see how it couldn't.

voidstars.png

So, during the downtime I was wondering if any BZP servers were running without me, because of all the people who said they were trying to make one. I guess not. So far, the npcs look really ugly. I never wanted any friendly npcs to begin with (not that that matters), but now Jeb has said they won't even finish them before MineCon. I'd much rather have a Goblin city, or something you have to kill. Just like wolves, I don't think any friendly thing Mojang adds is going to be convincing.

banner.png

They have a perfectly good, completely laid out Pigman skin. Why they can't use that I have no clue.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

So far, the npcs look really ugly. I never wanted any friendly npcs to begin with (not that that matters), but now Jeb has said they won't even finish them before MineCon.

Aww, but the Testificates are awesome. In the... mentally lacking kind of way. Dr. Testificate, Ph. D. in Testification is my favorite. (a.k.a. The librarian) Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Not when you consider all the work Mojang put into them, they're useless until further notice and they could have used that time to implement useful, balanced features. Smart AI takes a ton of work in a game like minecraft, it's much better imo to add functional blocks. Pistons, while simple, are probably the best things in Minecraft right now.

banner.png

If you're downloading a zip file, you're doing it wrong. Simple as that. :|

voidstars.png

One of these days when server making isn't quite as difficult, and/or I have my uber-rig, I'll probably start up a pure survival server with one goal; to conquer Minecraft, and to rule the server.

voidstars.png

Yay, Minecraft! I haven't played much since 1.8.1, but I did try out the buggy early prereleases of 1.9 a li'l. Yeah, I love the game. I have one massive world, which I'll try to put up on a server sometime. Spent at least 30-50 accumulated hours on it over the summer. =P

IetTsFQ.png

Great to see all the old people back! I even tried logging on to Scorch's server during downtime to see if it was running. Nice to know you still plan on using it. So, Alex, are you no longer interested in a war server? Or is that what you meant? I have been playing on a public war server with the ip of sacredlabyrinth.net with some of my cousins and my bro. It's quite laggy though, and there's a ton of griefing.

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

Great to see all the old people back! I even tried logging on to Scorch's server during downtime to see if it was running. Nice to know you still plan on using it. So, Alex, are you no longer interested in a war server? Or is that what you meant? I have been playing on a public war server with the ip of sacredlabyrinth.net with some of my cousins and my bro. It's quite laggy though, and there's a ton of griefing.

Of course. This is why I love plugins like Factions.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I want to try the new pre-release, but I'm running a server for a friend so we can play in the same space, and if one of us upgrades we won't be able to access it without changing the version files. And since he has no intention of updating until the official release, that means that at least one of us won't be able to use it. Since theres only going to be one more pre-release though, I may look for a way to switch between the two versions, without compromising my mods.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I have yet to see any Endermen, though I found two villiages in a large desert close to my home. Of course, I probably haven't seen them since I keep it peaceful out of fear of death. Although fear of lava didn't stop me from making an obsidion house, so I have no right to be disturbed by skeletons, zombies, and creepers

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I want to try the new pre-release, but I'm running a server for a friend so we can play in the same space, and if one of us upgrades we won't be able to access it without changing the version files. And since he has no intention of updating until the official release, that means that at least one of us won't be able to use it. Since theres only going to be one more pre-release though, I may look for a way to switch between the two versions, without compromising my mods.

Wait, since when was there only going to be one more pre-release? I was under the impression that it would continue until Mincecon.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I have a backup of jars all the way back to 1.3. As long as you have them, you can switch them around any time.
banner.png

Can't, My PC has a cry any time I play MineCraft on it =/ z_signoff.png

Same! It's a school laptop, so it's junk. Minecraft barely runs on it, and Minecraft is generally a pretty lightweight game.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

So guys, what are your thoughts on the fact that we're just getting pre-releases all the way up to MineCon? -Mesonak

Disappointed. This means that there won't be a reliable version with the latest terrain generation code until then. This means that my manager and I won't be renting our private server for friends for another month yet.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka