You may remember when I first posted here that I couldn't beat the psychic gym in emerald.Still working on it.But I figured out why. My Pokemon are ridiculously underleveled. Like, my best one is seven levels below the gym leader's.
Sharpedo my friend, he his a God send for that fight.
I'm just ToaD

You may remember when I first posted here that I couldn't beat the psychic gym in emerald.Still working on it.But I figured out why. My Pokemon are ridiculously underleveled. Like, my best one is seven levels below the gym leader's.
Suggested Nature/ability/item/moveset? Keep in mind, I don't want to use TMs until after I beat the Final Four. :wink: Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Suggested Nature/ability/item/moveset? Keep in mind, I don't want to use TMs until after I beat the Final Four. :wink:
I don't really care for natures but if it knows surf and crunch and is decent level you can win in a breeze. Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

I think I'm gonna try Masuda Method-ing for a shiny something I haven't decided yet. Or hatch like 10 and then get bored and give up. We'll see.Edit: Totally unrelated, but I just finished my Unova Pokedex and caught the shiny Haxorus in the nature preserve. I was prepared to SR a million times for a good nature and whatnot but it happened to have an Adamant nature and a 31 Speed IV on the first try. :biggrin:

Edited by Senrab

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Edit: Totally unrelated, but I just finished my Unova Pokedex and caught the shiny Haxorus in the nature preserve. I was prepared to SR a million times for a good nature and whatnot but it happened to have an Adamant nature and a 31 Speed IV on the first try. :biggrin:
you have my envy. how was the attack IV?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

So I restarted my Heartgold version and have learned Togepi is one scary pokemon with Metronome. Currently stuck on Pyrce as he has the really enraging habit of using rest AT THE SLIGHTEST DAMAGE, seriously there should be a law against it I don't enjoy fights that last for over an hour.

Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

So I restarted my Heartgold version and have learned Togepi is one scary pokemon with Metronome. Currently stuck on Pyrce as he has the really enraging habit of using rest AT THE SLIGHTEST DAMAGE, seriously there should be a law against it I don't enjoy fights that last for over an hour.
This reminds me of a fight I had with a Scrafty in the Battle Subway last week. The thing had both Bulk Up and Calm Mind and managed to get its Defence and Special Defence fully boosted. I was down to my last Pokemon, Suicune, so I was obviously doing barely any damage at all. The worst part was that the Scrafty was barely doing any damage to me either, so the fight went on and on until that horrible Scrafty finally ran out of PP and Struggled itself to death. I think next time I see a Scrafty in the Subway I'll just ragequit.Aaaaanyway, I've been spending some time trying to hatch a shiny Staryu. Due to my lack of free time, I haven't actually had the chance to hatch too many so I haven't given up just yet.:P

The X-items are your friend for in-game trainers like that. Just buy a heap in Goldenrod. Also, Togepi really should use Extrasensory when able, as that's actually able to deal consistent damage.~B~

The X-items are your friend for in-game trainers like that. Just buy a heap in Goldenrod. Also, Togepi really should use Extrasensory when able, as that's actually able to deal consistent damage.~B~
I tend to not use those at all but worth a shot, my Togepi does use Extrasensory but it still uses rest at any damage, my stratigy is to use Slowking for yawn then headbutt and pray for a critical, all this on his first pokemon when Dewgong comes out and continues the rest spam I feel like tossing my 3DS out the window.
I'm just ToaD

Two boxes' worth of Staryus hatched so far, but no shiny yet. Not that I would expect one this early though, the chance is one in like 1300 something. Even if I never get one I'll at least have hundreds of Timid Staryus I can trade away.:P

Two boxes' worth of Staryus hatched so far, but no shiny yet. Not that I would expect one this early though, the chance is one in like 1300 something. Even if I never get one I'll at least have hundreds of Timid Staryus I can trade away. :P
Actually, that's the chance if you have the shining charm. The normal chance is 1/8,000 something.

I know the normal rate is 1/8000 something, but I'm using the Masuda method, which raises it. The Masuda method, if you didn't know, just involves breeding two Pokemon from different regions. The baby has a higher chance of being shiny.

Edited by Senrab

Ok I'm at a snag in heartgold I'm at the final gym but only with five team members, any suggestions for the last as I can't decide one to save my life, currently have Typhlosion, Slowking, Misdreavus, Togetic, Ariandos and plan to evolve Togetic and Misdreavus at a point.

I'm just ToaD

Exactly. Legendary means high base stats most of the time, but it doesn't mean powerful or even game breaking. In a lot of cases, legendary Pokemon are very underwhelming and are beaten by non-legendary Pokemon. Without looking at species names, a good example is Entei. Yes, it has high base stats, but it is entirely outclassed by Arcanine. Arcanine is a much better Pokemon than Entei is, despite Entei being legendary.

Exactly. Legendary means high base stats most of the time, but it doesn't mean powerful or even game breaking. In a lot of cases, legendary Pokemon are very underwhelming and are beaten by non-legendary Pokemon. Without looking at species names, a good example is Entei. Yes, it has high base stats, but it is entirely outclassed by Arcanine. Arcanine is a much better Pokemon than Entei is, despite Entei being legendary.
This is due to the fact that Arcanine was originally meant to be a legendary pokémon itself, hence its high stats. It's even called the Legendary Pokémon

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

..You can't trade keys (Challenge mode, Registeel) through Wi-fi, can you? I really would like to get Registeel and Regigigas.. How do you pronounce Regigigas, anyway?
I always pronounce it REH-Jee-GEE-Gas, but that could very well be wrong. After all, I pronounce Arceus as Ar-SAY-us out of a combination of stubbornness and habit. And having not watched the anime in years, I have nothing with which to cross-reference my pronunciations of some of the newer names.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I hear stubbornness. I still prounounce it Lee-Wah, even though it's supposed to be Lay-Wah.I watch a lot of battling videos, cross referencing pronunciations isn't a big deal for me.And Phione is a legendary, yeah. None of the legendary dogs are very good anymore [suicune used to be amazing back in the days of the third and fourth generations], the legendary birds are decidedly mediocre [Zapdos is alright] and quite frankly Kyurem sucks.

Edited by Kanye West