Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

Next Comic: RO vs LerakuWonder what it would be like if Milly from my comics was there instead of Akino. :P

Edited by Oneker: Toa of Felines

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

063.png24/6/12Sorry for the lame comic. I'm trying to finish my cc2 entry which I might be able to barely finish. Also, I don't think I am going to be able to post dailies for the next few days until the contest entry date ends.Now, this is where you come in. I'm accepting any fan comics during the next 6 days. These fan comics will be included in the compendium/story arc. They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead. The comics can not kill Leraku though, you can have a character dream about succeeding, but the point of the story arc is that no one succeeds. Also, All fan comics must be sent via pm.~Soran Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

It's perfectly understandable for you to focus on the comics contest entry first. I was actually expecting you to say something like that for the past week or so.

...They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead.~Soran
I'm a bit confused: Are not accepting comics that do not focus on Ro or me, or are you accidentally using double negatives? are these supposed to relate to the arc or can they be unrelated?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It's perfectly understandable for you to focus on the comics contest entry first. I was actually expecting you to say something like that for the past week or so.
...They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead.~Soran
I'm a bit confused: Are not accepting comics that do not focus on Ro or me, or are you accidentally using double negatives? are these supposed to relate to the arc or can they be unrelated?
I'm accepting comics that focus on you or Ro's attempts at disposing of Leraku. I would appreciate it if it were related to the arc but it can be about anything. If it isn't related the the arc then all other rules apply except the fact that they don't have to focus on Ro or you. ~Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

063.png24/6/12Sorry for the lame comic. I'm trying to finish my cc2 entry which I might be able to barely finish. Also, I don't think I am going to be able to post dailies for the next few days until the contest entry date ends.Now, this is where you come in. I'm accepting any fan comics during the next 6 days. These fan comics will be included in the compendium/story arc. They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead. The comics can not kill Leraku though, you can have a character dream about succeeding, but the point of the story arc is that no one succeeds. Also, All fan comics must be sent via pm.~Soran
Can the Fan Comic include a character from my comics?

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

063.png24/6/12Sorry for the lame comic. I'm trying to finish my cc2 entry which I might be able to barely finish. Also, I don't think I am going to be able to post dailies for the next few days until the contest entry date ends.Now, this is where you come in. I'm accepting any fan comics during the next 6 days. These fan comics will be included in the compendium/story arc. They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead. The comics can not kill Leraku though, you can have a character dream about succeeding, but the point of the story arc is that no one succeeds. Also, All fan comics must be sent via pm.~Soran
Can the Fan Comic include a character from my comics?
...Now, this is where you come in. I'm accepting any fan comics during the next 6 days. These fan comics will be included in the compendium/story arc. They can be any style whether vector, hand drawn, or sprite but there are a few things I won't accept those being; Any comics with an animation, any comics with 9 or more panels, and any comics that don't have either Ro or Bulik in them since they are the main characters in the story arc. If you wish to include your own character in the fan comic then go ahead. The comics can not kill Leraku though, you can have a character dream about succeeding, but the point of the story arc is that no one succeeds. Also, All fan comics must be sent via pm...
Yes, you can include any character(s) in the fan comic. ~Soran

I'd like to mention something i've discussed with soran here - Leraku is fully capable of building his own robots, and, in fact, a discussion between me and him actually involved Ler doing so. Aside from that, i guess it works.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

fanarccomic.png26/6/12This comic was created by TNG Prime, as apparent in the comic. No matter how many times I see the 3rd panel in the comic, it always makes me laugh. I guess its just because of the lack of expression, it makes it seem like a quick decision.

To be honest... it doesn't really seem to fit to me. The fact that Leraku loses his sword so easily is just strange - Given all that he's been through, i doubt it would be broken/knocked away that easily, regardless of flame weapons.

Sisen said:

I had to squeeze the fight in. I was going to have them both fire at each other with large cannons as well, and both be blasted back, but that would exceed the nine panel limit.What you must realize, Leraku, is that TNG is also a powerful fighter. They were fairly even throughout the whole fight, until it was called off due to the pie theft being a lie.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I had to squeeze the fight in. I was going to have them both fire at each other with large cannons as well, and both be blasted back, but that would exceed the nine panel limit.What you must realize, Leraku, is that TNG is also a powerful fighter. They were fairly even throughout the whole fight, until it was called off due to the pie theft being a lie.
Regardless, Lerkau is not one to just suddenly lose his sword just because it was knocked away.Second of all, he's... not really the kind of person who would use cannons, either. We can continue this discussion via PM, so as to not clog the topic.

Sisen said:

new_daily_strip_example_by_soarinskies-d54tb09.png27/6/12Since I didn't have a formal comic for you guys today, I decided I might as well show you a preview of a possible update. The changes include;Larger PanelsNew BackgroundsNew kitShiny floor (Reflections)Higher graphics3x sprite instead of 2x.Now this is not a for sure update, I'm still thinking on it. I have already figured out what is going to happen if I do end up changing.~Soran

I don't know, the text seem awful small. And the new kit just looks to serious. Same with the background. Sure, it's more detailed, but doesn't seem to have the same comedic value that the current sprites and backgrounds have. It just seems more somber you know? And that's a lot of periods in Nico's speech bubble.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

You should go for it.Chimoru R is certainly an upgrade, and the bigger panels would be nice. More room for text.I like the new background, too. It's really nice and simple.
I do like how many more options Chimoru R has over standard Chimoru Omega. Its like the rzmik kit. Well that is just the base background. I will end up recreating basically all my current backgrounds but with different furniture and such. I'll make it seem much more like a house.
I don't know, the text seem awful small. And the new kit just looks to serious. Same with the background. Sure, it's more detailed, but doesn't seem to have the same comedic value that the current sprites and backgrounds have. It just seems more somber you know? And that's a lot of periods in Nico's speech bubble.
The main reason why the text may seem small is because in order to fit pictures into posts, sometimes the picture is shrunken a bit from its normal size. The other reason may be because the sprites are 3x instead of 2x. I do agree with the kit looking a little too serious for the comics and I'm still deciding if I should stick with omega or switch to Chimoru R. The basic background was created to look more realistically as a house then it did previously. Instead of... some... weird random wood flooring, I made it actual wood flooring. Wallpaper color was changed because I was starting to get sick of the green color. As soon as I actually add furniture and such to the backgrounds it will probably/hopefully look less dreary.I also didn't really have a good joke for the comic. I didn't just want to show one panel or anything, so I just made the comic look like they just moved in and are getting use to the house. The extra periods were meant to show that what he said was sarcastic. ~Soran

And I escape unscathed...... well, hopefully.Nice comic, and how is the progress on your comics contest entry?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)