Last Film You Watched

And I caught Battle for Terra this morning. The story had lots of promise and the third act had some great action, but it was hard for me to look past the bad voice acting and so-so animation. It could have also benefitted from being a little longer in order to flesh out some of the human characters and to explore more of the Terrian culture.

:kaukau:I agree, the movie should have been longer by an extra 30-40 minutes. Still, I liked it even as a short DVD movie. It had that sort of aesthetically pleasing direct-to-DVD feel, even though it wasn't direct-to-DVD. Perhaps it was the style of animation. I overall found this to be a much better example of what has now been dubbed to be the Avatar storyline.Meanwhile, I just got done watching something I know is very popular on BZPower forums...Monty Python and the Holy Grail (and the story of how I came to watch it): Okay, this is the first time. I just got done with a madrigal dinner on December 10 and went over to a friend's house. Her house, by the way was huge. One of the teachers constantly joked about how rich she was, but now I saw it for myself. She was indeed quite rich. The spoils of being the daughter of a judge.And the spoilers of being her friend. The best part of it all: she had cookies to go around, and there were a dozen left for me.So on the way to her house I was talking with my cousin, and because he will be taking a literary analysis class next semester we began talking about literature. He didn't know much about the books I was planning on writing, so he asked me for the basic pitch. He thought it was very interesting, even when I brought up details having to do with Death. Now I don't care so much about what other people say about my series here on BZPower: I consider what you have to say on a subjective, intellectual level. But with my cousin, his approval encourages me to no end.And we both agreed. It's not a question of if I write it but when I write it.RANDOM GUY: Get on with it!TIM: Yes, get on with it!ARMY: Get on with it!What? Oh, sorry, that was indeed on a tangent...GOD: GET ON WITH IT!Right away, sir!So anyway, somewhere in this review there needs to be a thesis statement. Since I have just started over from the top, this seems just as good a place as any to drop it: This is the most random film I have ever watched, but in a good way.It's clear from the start that this is going to be a wild ride, and I enjoyed the credits. I myself have always wished to do such silly and frivolous titles. It's a pleasure to see someone did things differently. Instantly I also recognized the first scene with the coconuts. The sad thing is that a couple of years ago the Class of 2011 did a homecoming skit that repeated this opening scene verbatim (the next year they shot a poorly edited digital media productions movie based entirely off of The Hangover, which I have yet to see). It's interesting how all the jokes about swallows and coconuts repeat.However, in spite of how rich my friend is, the volume could only go up so much. It's not that silent, but considering that there's about thirty people there, the place has yet to quiet down. Since no one can hear the lines, my cousin, a big fan of the film, offers a solution: "I could just recite it all."Brilliant! In fact, after seeing this film, it definitely strikes me as one of those that one would enjoy remembering all the lines to. It has the feel of a cult classic. It also has the feel of something I can watch over and over again.It's hard to determine favorite parts, because it was all pretty funny and every single moment was classic. However, if I had to choose, I loved the "Knights of the Round Table" song because of the clever and quirky lyrics. I've memorized them and would love to make a fanvid.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

The Color of Magic.Christopher Lee + Jeremy Irons + Tim Curry + Sean Astin + The guy that played Rincewind = A pretty awesome movie. Or pair of movies, considering it was split into two.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The last movie in threaters that I've seen is the Muppets. Loved it.The last movie that I've seen just a couple minutes ago was Fast Five. It was friggin awesome. Still can't get over the Rock's body in that movie. He must've weighed at least 250 lbs!

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

We watched The Conspirator at school in History during the last few classes. The last movie I watched in its entirety at home is The Santa Clause (the original).And thanks to Sumiki, I'm going to have to go watch The Pink Panther again. =P

To Sir, With Love.Oh my goodness. That was a beautifully done, olderish movie that really reached out and touched me. Very good.

I've been thinking of watching that, believe it or not. Maybe I'll watch it soon. ^^Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides. Only just watched it five or so days ago, I was really surprised. Really good movie.As well, Akuna, that was an awesome movie. Wonderfully done, I must say - the actors played their parts to a tee. Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Saw Cars 2 and Speed last night. Cars 2 was far better than I expected, though all of Lightning McQueen's sections I found to be rather dull.Speed was fast paced, and I enjoyed the plot. The train segment felt a bit unnecessary to me, since they just did stuff that had already been done earlier in the movie, but it was still fantastic.-ibrow

:kaukau: Cars 2. I know I was initially underwhelmed because it didn't outdo the original, but even os, it is still an awesome movie and I was highly entertained. It also makes a difference that I was with people my age this time instead of family, so I got a different feel and watched it from a different perspective. In spite of its shortcomings, it is not a week film at all, and like many other Pixar films it has proven to entertain people of all ages.- I'm Tron Paul and I approve this post.

Last movie I saw was The Adventures of Tintin. Saw it yesterday, it was amazing. I read some of the comics when I was younger, so I recognized the characters a little bit.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Well, I actually watched quite a few movies yesterday. :P I watched...- Se7en - A great horror movie, but be warned. Quite creepy and well-plotted.- Tombstone - The world needs more westerns. Let's face it.- Elf - It's that time of year. And Buddy the Elf is awesome. ^^

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Ghost in the Shell. (2.0)I adore any form of media that seriously looks at the existence of life, and with such an ethereal soundtrack, it's just beautiful. It's just a shame I never really caught up on remembering who all the characters were. I suppose it's just not a film to watch when tired.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

The world needs more westerns. Let's face it.

I agree with this so much. I was hoping that the Coen Brothers' True Grit would inspire the creation of more westerns, but that doesn't seem to be happening.I watched The Adventures of Tintin today. I have to say I found it to be pretty meh. It was a fun romp with some decent set pieces (even if they did feel like something straight out of a video game), but there wasn't really anything great about it. Maybe I would have liked it more if I was more familiar with the source material. :shrugs:
BZPRPG