Glatorian Body

Glatorian are, if I recall correctly, 85% organic. Blood is possible, however given it's an alien species, it isn't necessarily a good assumption. Unless there's already a confirmed source that says they do, it's something we can only speculate about as long as we don't have Greg to ask.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Their being mostly organic, large vertebrates would suggest some sort of blood or blood-proxy exists.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

They'd have a circulatory system. Unless their circulatory system is the part of them that is mechanical....naaaah

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

They'd need some sort of system to get oxygen and other nutrients throughout their body. Assuming they are multicellular organisms, they would probably have a form of circulatory system. I believe that there were some references to a heart somewhere in the story, and what use would a heart be without something to pump around?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I think in the end it's really a matter of personal taste. In my world, Glatorian are most definitely bleeders who just happen to have biomechanics in their structural system. I think of metallic enhancements of a sort. However, I also think of toa as beings with a similar composition, so maybe I'm just a weird quack.

Stupid or not, I think it's the case with the Glatorian. They seem more mammalian than anything else, so it's only reasonable to assume that they might have hair.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Galtorians are basically humans, just more pink and by inserting armor and what-not allows them to live much, much longer.

I would think that long life would be an innate quality of the Glatorian. Why would implanting armor prolong life for hundreds of thousands of years? Even heavily armoured humans (knights) died at fifty or so. Edited by fishers64

Galtorians are basically humans, just more pink and by inserting armor and what-not allows them to live much, much longer.

I would think that long life would be an innate quality of the Glatorian. Why would implanting armor prolong life for hundreds of thousands of years? Even heavily armoured humans (knights) died at fifty or so.
Gah, that makes more sense, doesn't it?

WIP

I would think that long life would be an innate quality of the Glatorian. Why would implanting armor prolong life for hundreds of thousands of years? Even heavily armoured humans (knights) died at fifty or so.
It does. ;) But I wouldn't discount your point entirely - they might have medical implants (although I doubt it) and the armour does prolong life in some respect - protects them from individuals that would like to shorten their existence. It's just that I don't think the armour/implants are responsible for them having a longer lifespan than ours.

It does. ;) But I wouldn't discount your point entirely - they might have medical implants (although I doubt it) and the armour does prolong life in some respect - protects them from individuals that would like to shorten their existence. It's just that I don't think the armour/implants are responsible for them having a longer lifespan than ours.
Not just harm from others, from the elements. Everyday, our bodies are under attack from everything around us. Replacing body parts with some tech would make their bodies last longer.

WIP

Not just harm from others, from the elements. Everyday, our bodies are under attack from everything around us. Replacing body parts with some tech would make their bodies last longer.

What do you mean by "elements"? Could you clearify?Anyway, "by everything around us" you mean viruses and bacteria, right? I don't see how implanting tech would prevent that - in fact, it would likely make it worse - humans are more likely to get infections around such implants. It's more likely that the Agori/Glatorian are not subject to such disease, or that such disease organisms do not exist on SM. Probably both. I don't imagine environmental problems (such as air pollution) would happen on SM either. And none of the mechanical implants we have built so far have actually extended life much longer than our actual lifespan, just allowed more people to experiance that lifespan. The thought that the Glatorian/Agori could extend their lives (as a primitive people in the desert, no less) from a human-league lifespan to their lifespan based on mechanical implants alone is preposterous. So no, I don't think that armor has any benifit beyond the obvious protection from enemies.

Well, the concept of disease is not unknown to them, since they referred to the thing that wiped out the Iron tribe as a "plague".And Greg did say they have blood, but he mentioned it may not necessarily look like ours. He also said they're "a mammalian species", so we can assume that most things that apply to mammals apply to them.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

To explain the annoyingly long lifespans of the SMians, I theorize the GBs created "immortality devices" to prolong mortal life. This is, of course, mere speculation, which is why I haven't posted a topic on it. Still, it's based on the idea that implants in the Glatorian bodies could very well be the cause of their living for millennia.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison