Video Game Music

Eeko

The music in the recent game Xenoblade Chronicles has really got me. I absolutely love it. My favourite track would have to be either Mechanical Rythm of The God-Slaying Sword. Pokémon music is always good, too. And I recently played Ocarina of Time...Song of storms, never leave my head.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

IMO, video game soundtracks are the best music out there, period. I love the soundtracks of.... (I'm not gonna use proper grammar, to save time. :P ) ratchet and clankratchet and clank: going commandoratchet and clank: up your arsenalratchet: deadlockedjak 2jak 3jak- x: combat racingunreal tournament 3, i thinkdaxterarmored core: nexusarmored core: last ravencrash of the titansneopets: the darkest faeriesly 2: band of thievessly 3: honor among thievesbionicle heroes

Edited by Ringoster

Definitely love Zelda, and definitely love the ZREO project (I think you mentioned that in the Zelda topic, Eeko). Also, @ChronoTrigger music - Love Singing Mountain, but it's not in the game. ;_;

I put Zreo's OoT, MM, and WW albums on my iPod. Best decision ever. :D
jlovfkk.jpg

The Halo soundtrack is really, really cool! I love listening to it, especially that Halo 2 soundtrack. Same goes for the soundtracks of Gears of War, Mass Effect, the Bionicle games :) and Command and Conquer.

Edited by Nytrone

nytronepic2_copy.png

Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime Trilogy. Best video game music I've heard by far. Other than that, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has some very good themes as well, such as Ukanlos, Kushala Daora, and White Fatalis battle themes. The Ukanlos one in particular really captures the feel of fighting a creature revered as a deity. Oh, yes, and Super Robot Wars OG2 also has its share of memorable themes, including Fight for Tomorrow, The Examiner, and The Violent Four. ~B~

The MP trilogy definitely hits close to the top of my list of franchises with the best VGM. I'd say the first one had the best track overall, but the other games had great tracks as well (Echoes's Dark Samus theme is just epic). The franchise with my favorite VGM is Donkey Kong Country. Those games' tracks are simply incredible. Aquatic Ambience, Bayou Boogie, I could go on and on. Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime Trilogy. Metroid Prime Trilogy. Best video game music I've heard by far. Other than that, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has some very good themes as well, such as Ukanlos, Kushala Daora, and White Fatalis battle themes. The Ukanlos one in particular really captures the feel of fighting a creature revered as a deity. Oh, yes, and Super Robot Wars OG2 also has its share of memorable themes, including Fight for Tomorrow, The Examiner, and The Violent Four. ~B~

The MP trilogy definitely hits close to the top of my list of franchises with the best VGM. I'd say the first one had the best track overall, but the other games had great tracks as well (Echoes's Dark Samus theme is just epic). The franchise with my favorite VGM is Donkey Kong Country. Those games' tracks are simply incredible. Aquatic Ambience, Bayou Boogie, I could go on and on.
I have yet to play the original Donkey Kong Country, but I loved the music in Country 2. Such a good soundtrack.
jlovfkk.jpg

The MP trilogy definitely hits close to the top of my list of franchises with the best VGM. I'd say the first one had the best track overall, but the other games had great tracks as well (Echoes's Dark Samus theme is just epic). The franchise with my favorite VGM is Donkey Kong Country. Those games' tracks are simply incredible. Aquatic Ambience, Bayou Boogie, I could go on and on.
I have yet to play the original Donkey Kong Country, but I loved the music in Country 2. Such a good soundtrack.
My mind was absolutely blown when I heard the remix of Stickerbrush Symphony they put together for Brawl. The music from the DKC series is wonderful.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

My mind was absolutely blown when I heard the remix of Stickerbrush Symphony they put together for Brawl. The music from the DKC series is wonderful.
Holy yes. That remix is amazing, and I love the Ocarina Medley from Brawl too.
jlovfkk.jpg

Holy yes. That remix is amazing, and I love the Ocarina Medley from Brawl too.
Oh man, the Ocarina Medley. Say what you will about Brawl, but the rearrangements for that game are superb. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

The Medal of Honor series had the most fitting music for it for the era it was based in. And who hasn't heard the original's first five notes? The music in that series is very fitting for the World War II era. Another series with some of my favorite music, is the Halo series. And who can forget "Psycho Mantis' Theme" from Metal Gear Solid 1? I don't think anybody here can forget that creepy theme. Speaking of creepy, Silent Hill 2's soundtrack can be eerily disturbing at times. "Red Pyramids" comes into mind.

Soon to come: Star Wars 7.

I love the soundtrack to the Uncharted video games, specifically the first... They have some amazing music... I also love the Assassin's Creed series music, but mostly Uncharted. I can't help it, I absolutely love everything about those games. And also... I love the Minecraft soundtrack. It's just so... relaxing. P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

*is shocked nobody has mentioned Fire Emblem yet* Fire Emblem has some of the greatest orchestrated music I've heard in videogames. I'm also a huge Halo fan, and if you've played the campaign enought o know the story, the soundtracks alone tell the story for you! Definitely an Assassins Creed supporter, as well. Metroid Prime Series? Definite win :3 It's one of those games I go onto that-one-video-site just to listen to the soundtrack. Meta-Ridley's theme really sets an appropriate tone for fighting him in MP1.. I'll also go out on a limb and say Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The first MW game had a very good soundtrack, and really made you feel like you were part of something. MW2's soundtrack was great as well, but it just didn't give you that same feel that MW1's track did.. While we're at it, definitely gonna have to say the Fallout series is up there. Personally, I don't listen to much music from those past generations, but maaaan does Fallout change that. Plus, they've got some great post-apocalyptic titlescreen music! The music really sets the tone for the empty, dreary wastes.. And just because I can: The original Pokemon themes :3

Edited by Gladiator Vak

*is shocked nobody has mentioned Fire Emblem yet* Fire Emblem has some of the greatest orchestrated music I've heard in videogames.

I've only heard two of the tracks off of the Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack - Fire Emblem Medley and Song of Fire Emblem - both were pretty epic, especially the latter. Also, anyone into the Castlevania music? I'm talkin' anything from the original NES game up to Super IV on SNES. Bloody Tears, anyone?

My Top 10 Video Game Music Themes10.The World Adventure (Sonic Unleashed)9. Bionicle Heroes8. Dreams, Dreams (Nights Into Dreams/Journey of Dreams)7. Bellumbeck Boss Fight (The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)6. Solaris Phase 2 (Sonic the Hedgehog)5. Still Alive (Portal)4. Gusty Gardens (Super Mario Galaxy)3. Halo 3 Menu Theme2. The End (Drawn to Life)1. Cornered! (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)This is my opinion and my opinion alone. Next to story, I always look for good music in a game.

Edited by Tomakuta

Oh man, the Ocarina Medley. Say what you will about Brawl, but the rearrangements for that game are superb.

That was easily one of my favorite songs on the whole SSBB OST. They blended all those songs together perfectly :3
I've got sheet music for that one too, if you want it Cholie.

*is shocked nobody has mentioned Fire Emblem yet* Fire Emblem has some of the greatest orchestrated music I've heard in videogames.

I've only heard two of the tracks off of the Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack - Fire Emblem Medley and Song of Fire Emblem - both were pretty epic, especially the latter. Also, anyone into the Castlevania music? I'm talkin' anything from the original NES game up to Super IV on SNES. Bloody Tears, anyone?
I love Castlevania music. I've only played the first one. 'Heart of Fire' is my favorite.
jlovfkk.jpg

This probably sounds cliche, but Plants vs. Zombies has some great music. I also had a couple of tracks on my iPod from HL2 for about a year before I even realized that they were from the game. Also, Resident Evil 5, I think, although I've never played the game. I just found a music clip from the game, and really like it.

IetTsFQ.png

This probably sounds cliche, but Plants vs. Zombies has some great music.

yesssssss I loved that soundtrack. What was the name for the song played during the first walnut bowling minigame? That was my favorite and I can't find it D:
Do you know there is a compilation of the soundtrack available for $4? I can PM it to you if you would like. It's very nice.

IetTsFQ.png

Mass EffectMass Effect 2Mass Effect 2: AtmosphericMass Effect 2: CombatMass Effect 2: Kasumi's Stolen MemoryMass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow BrokerMass Effect 2: Overlord Oh, and... Jade Empire (and much much more)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

It occurs to me a while back I did a write up of 5 of my favorite tracks (not my top 5, since I couldn't possibly pick a top 5) for a different forum. Here's the post, with links and positive yet BZP-inappropriate exclamations removed: The Concept of Love - Hideki Naganuma, Jet Set Radio Future Unlike the rest of this list, I've never actually played the game this comes from. I may also be a little biased, since I only heard it recently after a year or two of endless "UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND" posts I've seen. I think I get the hype now. It's bizarre but completely addicting to listen to. The Valedictory Elegy - Motoi Sakuraba, Baten Kaitos Origins Sakuraba is kind of a weird composer. The first time I heard his stuff I was hooked, but the more I heard the more I realized it was the same few songs over and over. But occasionally he comes through with some really brilliant tracks. This is probably the only "standard battle" theme I've never gotten sick of hearing - that violin leading the way makes it for me. Stickerbrush Symphony (Brawl Mix) - David Wise, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, originally for Donkey Kong Country 2 So I'm kind of cheating on this one, since it's a remix and not the original song. But the Brawl remix really made this song for me - it was a good song before, but my mind was blown the first time I heard this mix. That acoustic guitar, oh god, yes, please, yes. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms - Yoko Shimomura, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars All of SMRPG's soundtrack has a very unique quality to it that makes it a favorite (it was a close fight between this and "Margarie Margarita"), but ultimately the forest wins out. Despite the synthy soundbank the SNES had, the song completely fits the dungeon in the game and is just plain fun to listen to. Snake Eater - Norihiko Hibino and Cynthia Harrell, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater "Snake Eater" is just... wow. It was the perfect match for MGS3, and that's really all there needs to be said for it. Videogame music, while often incredible on its own, is made even better when it fits the game it's made for, and fighting the final boss of MGS3 to this crooning, smooth 60's-inspired track is one of those videogame moments you never forget.

Edited by GSR

I put Zreo's OoT, MM, and WW albums on my iPod. Best decision ever. :D

My phone's music folder is about 50-70% game music. No regrets.

I love Castlevania music. I've only played the first one. 'Heart of Fire' is my favorite.

Do yourself a favor and play Castlevania IV (SNES) and Symphony of the Night (PSX). Both good games, and both had superb soundtracks. If you can't play them, just look up their music. First time I heard Bloody Tears was the CV4 version, and if the gameplay hadn't done it already that sold me on Castlevania. :DAnd Symphony... yes. Just yes.Come to think of it: Google the following, all ye who be interested and hasn't heard one or more of the following.- Harmony of a Hunter (Metroid album)- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night OST- Dissidia: Final Fantasy OST- Chrono Symphonic (Chrono Trigger)- Super Mario Galaxy OST- The Megas- The Protomen (they make original songs, but are heavily Mega Man inspired lyrically. Act II is a fantastic album)- Touhou: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody OST (or any Touhou soundtrack, really, but this one is fully orchestrated)Then come back here and share some more names with me, 'cause I would love to hear of some delicious new music! :) Already searched for the stuff you guys have mentioned (though I knew of most of it already).Sometimes I listen to music and I kind of want to hug my ears afterwards. Just saying.

How about a game people might recognise. Lately, I've been hooked on some Monster Hunter Tri tracks. Specifically, I've fallen in love with Moonquake / Caedues. Seriously, it's so epic, and the style of it is so fresh. Unlike NieR, it's not trying to be cinematic and so brings across the feeling of awe and power nature inspires.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.