RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

As always I'm disappointed that none of the RPGs allow Makuta, in any form. Because honestly what is the harm in a powerless, guilt ridden Makuta trapped in the body of a deceased Toa?Obviously way too much even if the Makuta is from a parallel world. :(Anyway it looks like some better RPGs are surfacing. I really like the concepts of Surrender Unto the Hive, Goodbye Innocence and The Shifting Sands even if Dreamland and Rust aren't being resubmitted.But the Waves of the South is still my favorite of the current submissions.
Does said Makuta have all of his/her powers still?Honestly, I'm going to college. I feel this may be my last chance to run a roleplay for a long time. If that is the case, then I am going out with a bang. Hence, Goodbye Innocence, and not Rust.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

As always I'm disappointed that none of the RPGs allow Makuta, in any form. Because honestly what is the harm in a powerless, guilt ridden Makuta trapped in the body of a deceased Toa?Obviously way too much even if the Makuta is from a parallel world. :(Anyway it looks like some better RPGs are surfacing. I really like the concepts of Surrender Unto the Hive, Goodbye Innocence and The Shifting Sands even if Dreamland and Rust aren't being resubmitted.But the Waves of the South is still my favorite of the current submissions.
Does said Makuta have all of his/her powers still?Honestly, I'm going to college. I feel this may be my last chance to run a roleplay for a long time. If that is the case, then I am going out with a bang. Hence, Goodbye Innocence, and not Rust.
The Makuta has none of his/her powers. It might have a mask power but that is up the GM to decide.Well I like both of them so I'm not too disappointed. :P

So Far, I'll be voting for Kirse and Transformation. The third is still an uncertainty.
That's Waves, obviously.
But the Waves of the South is still my favorite of the current submissions.
See, this man knows what's up. :PHey Kirse staff, question about your Makuta - they have three powers, but at what Kraata level? Level 1? Level 6? If you need to look it up, you can use this.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

@Lev: We're talking in the range of Level 1. The powers are pretty weak due to the amount.@paragon: Such a Makuta would likely be allowed in Fatal Error, seeing as it would be in the body of a Toa and have no powers except a mask power. The species listed for FE are guidelines, if someone shows up and uses a canon species in a sensible way the profile would probably still be approved. And Kirse clearly states that it allows Makuta.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Alright then, so a Makuta in Kirse with Power Scream, Dodge, and Fear.Can... make an inaudible hum that makes people nervous, is surprisingly difficult to catch (whatever that means...), and makes people around it uneasy....You know what, if that's all Makuta get, I'm gonna have to go with Toa first. I'm sorry, but Level 1 is unbelievably low if you only get three powers to compensate for full elemental access.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

@Lev: Or, you could vote for Fatal Error. Because I already have three awesome, brand-new characters (and Incommodo) planned for it. Better yet...There won't be any Reichenbach. At all. Reichenbach won't be in it.So if you didn't want to vote because you were thinking, 'Hold on, he's just going to bring in that arrogant prick of a master-criminal, Rake-in-back or something!', then have no fear.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Yeah, that is pretty weak. When I read that "Da Boss" fused himself with the most powerful machine he could find, I though it would actually be powerful. At stage one he could:

• Can enter a hibernation state during which minor injuries quickly heal.
  • Leave a trail of slippery, unpleasant weeds wherever he goes.
  • Use magnetism to cling to any rock or metal surface.

Sure, there is a mask as well, but to me, that does not say "powerful machine". Compared to strong use of an element, that is weak.EDIT: Oops, double ninja'd. Oh well, the point still stands. Let us know, Despair.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

By the way, Lev, I had the same reaction as you. I thought they ought to be more powerful, but exclusive, and only allowed for staff and good RP'ers.
And people who are able to murder staff and good RP'ers. Don't forget them.And what reaction? This one -OH MY GOSH THAT GIANT TITAN GUY IS MAKING ME NERVOUS AND UNEASY AND I CAN'T CATCH HIM WHEN WE PLAY TAG!
@Lev: Or, you could vote for Fatal Error. Because I already have three awesome, brand-new characters (and Incommodo) planned for it. Better yet...There won't be any Reichenbach. At all. Reichenbach won't be in it.So if you didn't want to vote because you were thinking, 'Hold on, he's just going to bring in that arrogant prick of a master-criminal, Rake-in-back or something!', then have no fear
I still haven't even read it, so...Anyways, should I include profiles for the Waves NPCs on the main post? I was gonna stick 'em in the profiles topic if it won, but should they be on there or should I wait until later? There's nothing really story essential, so I don't think it's that important. But I want input.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I'm having a really tough time deciding what my third choice is going to be. No matter what, City of the Dead and Waves of the South are getting my vote. Candidates for my third are:Goodbye Innocence, Surrender Unto The Hive and Transformation.Although if Goodbye Innocence wins, I totally call dibs on making a character called Reznov...maybe. Imma get off my lazy behind and write up a review for all three...that's right, three in one post. I'm going to die...

Okay! :D(Somehow I suspect that it either has something to do with personal taste, the references in the introduction, or the fact I openly admitted that I would kill player characters [but don't worry, only characters who don't do clever things will die])

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Okay, I'm going to wait until we staff members can talk about it amongst ourselves instead of going out on a limb and giving you my opinion on how powerful they should be. Looking back, our previous conversation on the matter was rather vague, with the decision that the Makuta powers should be at about the level of a Turaga. Naturally, Turaga aren't mentioned in any of the descriptions. :PHowever, I will be pushing for stage 3 abilities. So... Yeah. Sorry I can't answer your question immediately, but hopefully we Kirse staff can come to a conclusion you guys will find more favorable without forcing you to wait an inordinate amount of time.

Edited by Despair

Lacertus

I have a feeling that Grochi's idea for an RPG isn't going to go well at all. Six staff and three staff helpers are enough to keep me busy keeping up. Any more staff, and I think I'd go insane from the work needed. You'd think that by increasing staff, you'd have less work overall, but from what I've seen in the preparation stage, the reverse is true. Grochi... good luck with it.So Far, I'll be voting for Kirse and Transformation. The third is still an uncertainty.
I have a feeling that Grochi's idea for an RPG isn't going to go well at all. Six staff and three staff helpers are enough to keep me busy keeping up. Any more staff, and I think I'd go insane from the work needed. You'd think that by increasing staff, you'd have less work overall, but from what I've seen in the preparation stage, the reverse is true. Grochi... good luck with it.So Far, I'll be voting for Kirse and Transformation. The third is still an uncertainty.
My friend, vote for Fatal Error as your third, you can't go wrong.And thanks for the wish of good luck, though I have no trouble keeping up at all. These people are all rather good at giving me summaries if I need it, as well as having Blade do all the clerical work. We agree on most things, and what we don't agree on we resolve rather quickly. I've picked the best staff I could have.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Wait... withdrawal of CotD... MEANS MORE ROOM TO VOTE FOR FATAL ERROR!Kal speaks the truth. You really CANNOT go wrong with it. He knows the plot-twist, too. It's pretty climactic, and awesome, if a little predictable.And it will involve a character I have created named Ian.(BTW, for reference: the aliens are called Xulox (the singular is 'Xulov', and staff and good RP'ers will be able to play as them)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The guy who wrote CotD is no longer interested in it. You should all take this as a sign of acknowledged failure.In other news, I'm withdrawing Waves.... :PThat's not happening.What's with the last minute decision Quiet Fight?-Toa Levacius Zehovr :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

The guy who wrote CotD is no longer interested in it. You should all take this as a sign of acknowledged failure.In other news, I'm withdrawing Waves.... :PThat's not happening.What's with the last minute decision Quiet Fight?-Toa Levacius Zehovr :flagusa:
He's on a big Toa/Dark Hunter War kick.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

>:cThis angers me slightly.Because the BoM is nowhere in it. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Wow, that's quite a surprise. CotD was looking like a major contender (to me at least). A lot of people were saying that they liked it.But a Toa DH war RPG? That sounds even better! Hooray for RPGs that rerun historical events. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

ppg2.png

Wow, that's quite a surprise. CotD was looking like a major contender (to me at least). A lot of people were saying that they liked it.But a Toa DH war RPG? That sounds even better! Hooray for RPGs that rerun historical events. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Oi, you're going to like Shadows of a Doubt if you like semi-historical RPGs.

profiles i guess

You all still know that you want Fatal Error. I can promise scares, tensions, laughs, and facepalms.
You all still know that you want Fatal Error. I can promise scares, tensions, laughs, and facepalms.
And insane staff members with lightsabers.

profiles i guess

Erm, I'm always on a big toa/Dark Hunter war kick.
Erm, I'm always on a big toa/Dark Hunter war kick.
What if it was...Toa versus Dark Hunters versus Brotherhood of Makuta versus Order of Mata Nui versus League of Six Kingdoms?

profiles i guess

Fatal Error makes me think that at any moment, the GM could kill my character in a way like picking him up and throwing him at a wall. Which is ridiculous. Because I would have vaporized that guy before he came within 5 feet.Honestly, though, you need to remember that just because you don't see a way to survive, doesn't mean the players don't. Even in real life, I look at a mountain and think "what could I do to that if I hollowed out a cave and filled it with 30 tons of C4?". In RPGs, on the other hand, I think "what is going to happen when I get these others guys to help me use my elemental powers to blow up that volcano and kill every living being within a mile radius?"EDIT: I do not have 30 tons of C4, nor would I blow up the mountain. But I do wonder about it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Fatal Error makes me think that at any moment, the GM could kill my character in a way like picking him up and throwing him at a wall. Which is ridiculous. Because I would have vaporized that guy before he came within 5 feet.Honestly, though, you need to remember that just because you don't see a way to survive, doesn't mean the players don't. Even in real life, I look at a mountain and think "what could I do to that if I hollowed out a cave and filled it with 30 tons of C4?". In RPGs, on the other hand, I think "what is going to happen when I get these others guys to help me use my elemental powers to blow up that volcano and kill every living being within a mile radius?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Yep, I definitely made the right choice in hiring you.

profiles i guess

@Lev: No, no. XDCharacters will only die (at first) if they leave the clearing. Around a third of any group that leaves the clearing will likely die.However, later the aliens will attack the clearing, so unless you get yourself a really good hiding place, that 'one third' also now applies to you and the others in the clearing.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The only person likely to leave the clearing and suffer no damage is a character who is considered, by me, to be sufficiently awesome.Like, a character with lightsabers.
Is Levacius consider sufficiently awesome? Because he will murder every single alien on the planet with swords.Not one sword. Two swords.Because one sword has a power of a 100, and he has two, so it is thus 200. Over logic.Suffice to say, he'd be the first person out of the clearing. Your aliens would need to be as strong as the Rhak in Dreamland to stand a chance. Trust me. :PBecause that was before he got cosmic powers of elemental lightning, so they were spared from anything more than lightning bolts. And occasionally supercharged lightning bolts.This is when he can disintegrate armor.(Yes I'm hyping my character.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

These aliens are awesome to the point where they only have one weakness.Also, try vaporising someone when, every time you prepare to, you suddenly change your mind about it. :sly:
That's what the mental training received from a powerful psionic is for. So you don't suddenly change your mind about vaporizing somebody."I want to vaporize that guy, but not I don't want to... oh well. *BZZT* Well, now he's vaporized. Huh, now I'm glad I vaporized him."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: