RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

Possible ways for Waves of the South to end? You could write a new Wikipedia devoted to only them.I'll try to do some more reviews tomorrow, but no promises.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Rather sure Lloyd said he was entering something this contest.-Teezy

I am actually not going to enter what I had planned, because I am getting disconnected from BZP more and more these days. Strith Karla is the only thing keeping me around, and if you ask the players there, they'll tell you it's only barely doing that.:w:

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Shifting sands is cool. The reason why it doesn't have so much discussion about it is that it doesn't have a dozen staff to fill this topic with hype about it.

If you think it's bad now, wait til Shadow of a Doubt.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Shifting sands is cool. The reason why it doesn't have so much discussion about it is that it doesn't have a dozen staff to fill this topic with hype about it.

Fifteen people on staff, all because my idea was awesome.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Fifteen people on staff, all because my idea was awesome.
No, it's because I hoped it would attract you all more to my RPG. Yeah, it's going to be pretty cool when it finally starts its juvenile development.But you should all vote for my RPG for now. It has pirates and (insert whatever it is you want to play) in it. Do the other RPGs have those? DO THEY?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Hey, my RPG has Sand People. You can't beat that. Well, there might be sand people. It might just be the first-person-guy walking around, or it probably is Sand People going in single file to hide their numbers! Plus, water-less pirates. Sand Pirates. That's right. You can be a Sand Pirate. Water-less Sand Pirates are way cooler than the Watered Kind of Water Pirate. And oh, oops, you can also be whatever you want to be (Besides Makuta, Mata Nui, and any canon character). Take that, Mr. Levacius.Note: Claims of Sand People and Sand Pirates may not reflect final product and can not be guaranteed to make a RPG cooler in any way.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Lol yeah it would be. Well, if it was, you know, gray sand instead of normal looking sand. Actually, it might stick out a lot...Plus, who knows, this sand might not be able to be controlled by Earth Toa or Sand Toa. And that may or may not be because I haven't decided what it's really made up of yet. :P

Hey, my RPG has Sand People. You can't beat that. Well, there might be sand people. It might just be the first-person-guy walking around, or it probably is Sand People going in single file to hide their numbers! Plus, water-less pirates. Sand Pirates. That's right. You can be a Sand Pirate. Water-less Sand Pirates are way cooler than the Watered Kind of Water Pirate. And oh, oops, you can also be whatever you want to be (Besides Makuta, Mata Nui, and any canon character). Take that, Mr. Levacius.Note: Claims of Sand People and Sand Pirates may not reflect final product and can not be guaranteed to make a RPG cooler in any way.

Hey, guys, it's my purely nonprofessional opinion, but I think Kal won this.Not you, Grochi. xDAaaaaaaaaaaaanyway. I was actually planning on entering this one, thinking I'd have enough time over the summer to focus on RPing and GMing...But.Note to self: you never have enough time over the summer.I'm leaving on a two-week trip next week. Then, summer camp strikes. While I might occasionally get on the internet during the trip, I won't be there during summer camp, so.Boom, my GMing plans bite the dust.-Dovydas

Lol yeah it would be. Well, if it was, you know, gray sand instead of normal looking sand. Actually, it might stick out a lot...Plus, who knows, this sand might not be able to be controlled by Earth Toa or Sand Toa. And that may or may not be because I haven't decided what it's really made up of yet. :P

What's the point in normal looking sand anyways? It doesn't have a sentience.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Guys, I'm pretty humble. That means that I'm not going to brag about how Fatal Error gives you the ability to be whatever you want (the species there are guidelines), you can use almost any mask (including immoral ones), you can have up to nine character profiles, and you get to be trapped on a post-apocalyptic world... where you get to fight against aliens. I'm also not going to mention how a particular member called Stormageddon will join it if it wins, and will create an insane Toa of Gravity who lives in a hole, wears a Suletu, and may or may not be called Steven.But I'm not talking about those. Which, surprisingly, leaves me with nothing much to say. Except that there will be a pretty awesome plot-twist in it. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Does it have highly powerful geneticists that can create flying spiders to take out all of their enemies?

Yes. If you're willing to devote the first month of the RPG to creating this disgusting Fikou/Nui-Rama hybrid that you have proposed, I will let you send them out against your enemies. :P

Hey, my RPG has Sand People. You can't beat that. Well, there might be sand people. It might just be the first-person-guy walking around, or it probably is Sand People going in single file to hide their numbers! Plus, water-less pirates. Sand Pirates. That's right. You can be a Sand Pirate. Water-less Sand Pirates are way cooler than the Watered Kind of Water Pirate. And oh, oops, you can also be whatever you want to be (Besides Makuta, Mata Nui, and any canon character). Take that, Mr. Levacius.

But there aren't any Rahi, cities, or oceans in this sandbox. Even if you got control of a square and turned it to only water, do you know what it would be?A sea.Bam.

Plus, who knows, this sand might not be able to be controlled by Earth Toa or Sand Toa. And that may or may not be because I haven't decided what it's really made up of yet. :P

Nanobots. Made of rubber and plastic.EDIT:

Guys, I'm pretty humble. That means that I'm not going to brag about how Fatal Error gives you the ability to be whatever you want (the species there are guidelines), you can use almost any mask (including immoral ones), you can have up to nine character profiles, and you get to be trapped on a post-apocalyptic world... where you get to fight against aliens. I'm also not going to mention how a particular member called Stormageddon will join it if it wins, and will create an insane Toa of Gravity who lives in a hole, wears a Suletu, and may or may not be called Steven.

Please. Waves gives you a massive, open world where you have free reign to go anywhere - there is nowhere off limits (and I mapped as far north as you can travel in the RPGs time space so yeah. :P) and plenty to still explore. There may not be aliens, but there are things way cooler than aliens will ever be. Like pirates.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Does Waves let you play as a pirate Toa of Iron with a cybernetic leg that captains an airship known as the Shadow with his sane rocket-loving Vortixx first mate, grumpy Ko-Matoran doctor and the super cheerful Toa of Lightning engineer with eighteen pistols for the heck of it?

Yes, but your cybernetic leg would be two legs, the two that Toa have by default of being Bionicle characters; your airship would run on Kanoka disks, travel at a rate no faster than a normal ship, and have as many problems as the one in 8-Bit Theater; the Vortixx would be running off of gunpowder based weapons that would have a 75% chance of blowing him up with them, and your engineer's pistols would probably be just as bad. Your doctor would fit in perfectly fine though, no problems there.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

To be honest, I think Frostelus could be allowed in almost any of the current entries. I wouldn't have a problem with them in Transformation. While they may not be on all of the "allowable species" lists, they aren't on any of the the "banned species" lists (except Troubles of the Dawn because that only has toa and Matoran).Since they're not an overpowered species, I don't see why most prospective GMs wouldn't let you play them. Allowing Frostelus in an RPG isn't really unique or a major selling point.

ppg2.png

A Frostelus was my first ever RPG character. In City of Ruins. Then I had the same Frostelus in Lloyd's Darkspace. I also have the same Frostelus in Techna.

Your Frostelus will get to fight aliens, and possibly be in the group sent to recover Keuirce's ship's power source, and he will likely survive it, and be on the ship when it leaves.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Dude, ban the element of sand (and earth, for that matter, seeing as loopholes yay). We must remember the havoc I wreaked as Jontan, and we don't want me to do that on an even more massive scale. =PUnless you do troll us and say it can't be controlled.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Dude, ban the element of sand (and earth, for that matter, seeing as loopholes yay). We must remember the havoc I wreaked as Jontan, and we don't want me to do that on an even more massive scale. =PUnless you do troll us and say it can't be controlled.
Aaaaaaaand troll mode activated. No matter what it might be, the sand will not be able to be controlled by any element. Picked up and thrown in people's faces, yes, but not controlled. But I'm not going to be banning those elements either way, Mr. ToD. Where's the fun in that? :P

My choices:City of the Dead: it's my own RPG, and I also really want to play it. :PThe Shifting Sands: the tournament idea combined with the king of the hill idea is awesome.Surrender unto the Hive: Vahki and Metru Nui for the win. Great concept.The only problem is I really want to play all three of those RPGs. Of course, most likely only one or two of my favorites will win...

Hrmmm... As of now, my choices are:1. Shifting Sands, my own.2. Waves of the South, because, really, it's just too awesome to pass up and reminds me of Ocean Cruise, which hasn't won a contest yet. :P3. Goodbye Innocence, because not only is is well written, the concept and backstory is TOO COOL FOR WORDS.

Frostelus > Aliens.

Waves has Frostelus, of course. Just not very many of them. They prefer living in floating glaciers, and there aren't floating glaciers, so it's just not prime real estate enough to be a common species. :P

Aaaaaaaand troll mode activated. No matter what it might be, the sand will not be able to be controlled by any element. Picked up and thrown in people's faces, yes, but not controlled. But I'm not going to be banning those elements either way, Mr. ToD. Where's the fun in that? :P

It's nanonbots. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It's nanonbots. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Noperuni. Not nano-bots. I have decided that as well. Also, I really have decided what the sand is, so I can say with certainty that the sand can't be controlled by elements either. As for saying what it really is, you'll have to break out in order to gain that information.

So far, City of the Dead and Waves of the South (Probably the last person you're expecting to say that, eh Levacius?) are my two favorites. Shifting Sands is certainly interesting, and probably my third choice, but it seems like it would be just slightly chaotic.

pNNgXax.jpg

The Grey Sand is made from the magic of friendship.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Can it be controled by powers that are not elements? For example, could someone with a mask of telekinesis pick it up and throw it in people's faces, or it it just completely immune to maniplation of any kind?

ppg2.png

I have a feeling that Grochi's idea for an RPG isn't going to go well at all. Six staff and three staff helpers are enough to keep me busy keeping up. Any more staff, and I think I'd go insane from the work needed. You'd think that by increasing staff, you'd have less work overall, but from what I've seen in the preparation stage, the reverse is true. Grochi... good luck with it.So Far, I'll be voting for Kirse and Transformation. The third is still an uncertainty.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

As always I'm disappointed that none of the RPGs allow Makuta, in any form. Because honestly what is the harm in a powerless, guilt ridden Makuta trapped in the body of a deceased Toa?Obviously way too much even if the Makuta is from a parallel world. :(Anyway it looks like some better RPGs are surfacing. I really like the concepts of Surrender Unto the Hive, Goodbye Innocence and The Shifting Sands even if Dreamland and Rust aren't being resubmitted.But the Waves of the South is still my favorite of the current submissions.