The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Events of Halo 1-3 were minor?HELLOARE YOU SERIOUS
Yes, in the greater scheme of things. Especially when you consider the fact that at one point the flood had consumed thousands of worlds, hijacked trillions of ships, and had armies that were as numerous as the sand in the sea. As opposed to an outbreak in High Charity, a small section of earth, the Lesser Ark, and two Halo Rings (three if you count that 07 might still be infected)Now, we have to deal with a potential 400+ Shield Worlds (each containing massive power capable of amazing, but more practical, destructive power), the Greater Ark (yes, there's another one), a potentially revived forerunner Empire, and the shadowy threat of the godlike Precursors and whatever lifeforms they've created or subjugated in the past 100,000+ years outside of our Galaxy, as well as the truth about the flood's origins. Halo 4's theme is a "Universal Threat", not the original trilogies "Galactic threat". I think we've only had a taste of what's to come.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The Precursor theme has been present since Halo 2...
Did they mention them that far back? I do remember t
See this is why Halo 4 is going to be badHalo 1-3 had this whole 'well humanity is hosed', what you described is 'well we made up some stuff now its hosed too' nobody cares about something we can't relate to
What? They long hinted at the precursors, especially in Halo 3, though I know a lot of casual players seemed to have missed the terminals, as well as the books.. Requiem? We've know that such planets exist since 2006's Ghosts of Onyx. And who didn't ask "Where did the Flood come from originally, since they were stated to be extra galactic"?

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

Cortana theorizes that some of the structures encountered on Delta Halo weren't Forerunner soon after arriving there. It's just a throwaway reference, and not explained so we don't know if they were Precursor or not, but it was the first time an ancient force was rumored beyond the Forerunner.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Not if the rumor is true and it's only for ten players. =/Infection is one of those gametypes where the more the merrier applies. Thirteen players, at least (I'm sure we can have the max sixteen in custom games, but still).But the infected Spartan models are cool, I guess.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

See this is why Halo 4 is going to be badHalo 1-3 had this whole 'well humanity is hosed', what you described is 'well we made up some stuff now its hosed too' nobody cares about something we can't relate to
We relate to chief and we fight for the crew of infinity

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Alright, we've seen the one map that they're remaking for Halo 4. If you want it to be a surprise, don't click.

It's called Ragnarok and is a remake of Valhalla.

Also, we've seen gameplay of a new vehicle on that same map. Again, don't click if you like surprises.

In a multiplayer game a Mantis (The mech we've seen Chief getting into) was being piloted and walking around Ragnarok.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

On a minor note, I loved Valhalla and love its new name, especially that the both names are Norse Mythology References. That information on the Mantis seems very interesting though.Anyone else think it would be awesome if Buck was in this game? Or at least Nathan Fillion? Sure he may not be there but it would be awesome if he was.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Oh yeah, I love Pete Stacker too, oh and the Aussie is PFC Chips Dubbo, I hope they are both in the game, but out of the two I want Pete to be in there the most. Wouldn't it also be sweet if they were both Spartan IVs?
Well, seeing as Spartan IV's are made up of former ODSTs and the best of the UNSC forces, it would only make sense. And Ha, did we ever get an explantation for Dubbo's escape from Halo?

Oh yeah, I love Pete Stacker too, oh and the Aussie is PFC Chips Dubbo, I hope they are both in the game, but out of the two I want Pete to be in there the most. Wouldn't it also be sweet if they were both Spartan IVs?
Well, seeing as Spartan IV's are made up of former ODSTs and the best of the UNSC forces, it would only make sense. And Ha, did we ever get an explantation for Dubbo's escape from Halo?
Nope, neither the games nor the books mention anything about how he and Stacker got off the ring (last I checked). Some people have actually debated whether or not he and Stacker actually exist/are supposed to be taken seriously considering they survive everything with little explanation why or how they made it out, granted it could just be something that we are not aware of or never addressed, oh and Stacker was in ODST when he should have been on Delta Halo at the time.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

So many spoilers since I haven't read the Forerunner novels yet etc... :PI'd better skip this thread until I finally read it all, lol.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

^ It should be allowed, some time ago happened the same for Reach.Back onto news, it looks like Halo 4 is finished. Now, what remains are permissions and other legal stuff.

Also, we've seen gameplay of a new vehicle on that same map. Again, don't click if you like surprises.

In a multiplayer game a Mantis (The mech we've seen Chief getting into) was being piloted and walking around Ragnarok.

~U_K~

That's still not sure, as far as I know. That vehicle was said to be available only during Campaign. Interesting fact about it:

it is able to destroy Phantoms.

I was thinking maybe you gut might want to do a Halo Reach Game night the weekend before Halo 4 Drops, to say good bye to Reach, and hello to Halo 4?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Alright, cool. I up for a Halo one as well. maybe that weekend after it drops.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I've read all this, and being a hardcore Halo fan (as wel las my dad) since the beginning, I am quite dissapointed with the comments about Halo 4 being bad or not relating to Halo 1-3.First off, if you truly love Halo then you'll suck it up about the FEW new mechanics that DONT ruin the majority of things that have been here since the beginning. Having our own loadouts, to that I say finally, it allows for more indivuality, and I like that. And dont give me the "its like CoD" crud, because frankly, its nowhere near as OP as in CoD.Not relating to Halo 1-3? Really? Halo is about the Master Chief. That is the focus of the games. The books are just a wider view of space and what lives in it. Halo is not about humans constantly trying to survive, its about a single hero who has given up his very self for one thing. The preservation of mankind AND all that is good.The flood in multiplayer? Yeah, known about it for awhile now, and I think its going to be awesome. Sure, rumor of 10 only is saddening, but still, its karzing awesome.Halo is about the Chiefs adventures, therefore, Halo 4 does not deviate from that, if you have that much of a problem with Halo 4, then turn in your Halo card and GO HOME.I'm down for any BZP Halo gamenights, I already do that every coupla Friday's with The X.Anyway, It looks amazing, and if you don't think so then keep it to yourself. For those of you willing to suck it up, congratulations, life sucks sometimes but you're the ones will get things done.Thank you and goodbye.BTW, canon is what the current owner of Halo wants it to be, so as far as I'm concerned, the only real canon is that of the games.

You are most definitely a hardcore Halo fanGotta ask Xbox Live is by far better than PSN but PSN can handle MAG. MAG, for those of you who don't know, is a game allowing for multiplayer matches of 256 players. Resistance 2 allowed for sixty. Why is Halo sticking with such a low number? It's not like maps like Sandbox [Halo 3 was better than Reach so I don't know many of its maps, but there's that big one, I think it's Boneyard] can't accomadate like twenty or thirty players.EDIT: Reading back I don't think I even fully understand what Precursers are, something pre-Forerunner? Site with inappropriate content removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I think it's because Halo is more about small group skilled combat. I'm an Xbox user, but I've heard enough about MAAg to be interested in it. Borderlands 2 tonight at a friends, he owns 2 ps3's for such things. Anyway, reading the first few sentences of that article makes me think of the C'tan from Warhammer 40k.

You are most definitely a hardcore Halo fanEDIT: Reading back I don't think I even fully understand what Precursers are, something pre-Forerunner? Site with inappropriate content removed. -B6
Cryptum and Primordial Plot spoilers ahead The Precursors are a god-like race responsible for life in the Milky way, and they were personally involved in the creation of Humanity and the Forerunners. It's also believed that they created the Flood. A being that claims to be a precursor, "The Primordial one", is encountered in Halo: Cryptum and Halo: Primordial. Of other note is that they are the origin of the whole "Mantle" philosophy that the Forerunners so revered. It's stated that eons ago, long before the first firings of the Halo rings (Possible several million years before), the Precursors deemed the Forerunners unworthy of guiding the galaxy, and tried to eradicate them. The Forerunners, ironically, somehow defeated them and forced them from this galaxy (The Precursors are said to be Trans-Galactic, so they likely have a presence elsewhere to this day) At a later time, the Precursors, still active from beyond the rim of the Galaxy, sent the flood to test an ancient space faring humanity. The true form of the flood, apparently, was white powder It was discovered in the wrecks of several derelict automated ships. Ironically, the humans were initially very suspicious of mysterious white powder, but the early tests seemed to suggest to them that it was some sort of personality enhancing substance. Used on human livestock and pets, it improved their genetic quality, personality, and appearance. However, some 300 years later, the inert organic molecules in the bodies of the pets and livestock suddenly turned cancerous, and the herbivorous creatures exposed to it suddenly started to mutate and eat each other. Humans unwittingly ate infected creatures, and themselves became infected. *Note*However, it seems that while the flood rapidly manifested itself, humanities lower tech tree seemed to protect them somewhat from a flood spread, as it was isolated to human and "Prophet" owned planets. In a race to escape the threat, the humans and "Prophet" race worked together to invade Forerunner controlled space for resources, and they promptly fought a 50 year war against the Forerunners and lost. However, before they had lost, the flood apparently deemed the Humans in particular as "Worthy" and stopped infecting them, even going so far as to flee the systems they had invaded., hence the Forerunner myth of a secret, human developed "Cure". To sum things up, the humans and "Prophets" got owned by the Forerunners, and since none of the original white powder or any flood forms remained, the Forerunners dismissed the humans as savages and devolved them, forcing them to live on their last planet.... Earth. Most Forerunners forgot about the warning, and hundreds of years latter, the Flood once again returned and mopped the floor with the Forerunners.In the second invasion, it was revealed that humans had in fact been advised about the flood by an ancient being in a mysterious stasis cell, and later on, the Master Builder of the Forerunners releases and allies with said creature, Primordial. Oddly, it also seems that the creature is in fact a Gravemind, but it's not clear if it was an infected precursor, if the flood are actually a stage of precursor, or if it was lying about what it was.As of "Primordial"

The Gravemind/Primordial One was working with the Rogue AI Mendicant Bias (The AI's story is present in Halo 3's Terminals) on the Ring #07. In the end, the Didact "Kills" the thing, but Primordial states that "another servant" will be "Released" to test humanity in 100,000 years.

Edited by Black Six

That has so many religious parallels I'm actually taken aback. The Flood's name now seems more appropriate than ever. Wow. Ok.
Not only that but if you didn't read the terminals in Halo 3 (I don't know if you did but this post will assume you didn't), then there is a part where the Librarian mentions a place she found..."It's Eden."Either way, I know that Bungie at least seemed to love mythology, with shoutouts from everything to Shakespeare, to Greek Mythology, to even the mythos made by H.P. Lovecraft.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

How were Precursors hinted at in Halo 2, Bunda?
I first heard of them in the novel "First Strike" as they are suspected to have made the "god crystal" that they carried around with them from Reach. Though I feel as though the references should be in the games, I can't remember one at this particular moment.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.