Takea Tankards

Well. The crew of the Dream Come True is heading south. The crew of the Azure Thunder is docked on Effrah. You and Emissary have characters working with that. The crew of the Thistle is on permanent hold until Grochi comes back, and I think the Azure Thunder is somewhat stunted a bit, too. Nobody else has a ship, I think... they're all just running around causing problems and being silly.And now Takanuvainika just proposed the single most overpowered character I have ever seen.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

There's a lot of things you can convince me. You can convince me that a witch weighs the same as a duck. You can convince me that 100 years of my life were replaced by the repairing of a time paradox by the Doctor. You can even convince me that the entire universe is a lie conceived by our minds, and that the lady in Inception was right. But you can not convince me to ever allow a character to create, manipulate, and absorb Rahi.Manipulate? Sure. It's called a Mask of Rahi control. Create and absorb? Not. Happening.If you want to receive visions of the future, grab a Mask of Clairvyoance. You're not going to like what you see, though.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

So now would be a good time to explain my hitherto unexplained absence. Thing is, I really don't get it myself.When I try to access BZPower from home I get some kind of CloudFlare message telling me the site is unavailable and it can't find a cached version. I've tried this with three computers at the same IP address, same result. It only recently occurred to me to check from a different IP and find out that, as I'd kind of suspected, this is not a problem affecting the site, but my IP. Hence why I haven't been on at all. I'm planning to contact tech support now I know it's a local problem, but... Yeah, in case anyone was wondering why I've been gone for so long, now you know. Sorry to those interacting with Keran - it's kind of out of my hands.

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

You can convince me that a witch weighs the same as a duck. You can convince me that 100 years of my life were replaced by the repairing of a time paradox by the Doctor. You can even convince me that the entire universe is a lie conceived by our minds, and that the lady in Inception was right.
Lev, no matter what I may say at times, you're awesome. :P

pNNgXax.jpg

So now would be a good time to explain my hitherto unexplained absence. Thing is, I really don't get it myself.When I try to access BZPower from home I get some kind of CloudFlare message telling me the site is unavailable and it can't find a cached version. I've tried this with three computers at the same IP address, same result. It only recently occurred to me to check from a different IP and find out that, as I'd kind of suspected, this is not a problem affecting the site, but my IP. Hence why I haven't been on at all. I'm planning to contact tech support now I know it's a local problem, but... Yeah, in case anyone was wondering why I've been gone for so long, now you know. Sorry to those interacting with Keran - it's kind of out of my hands.
Well, when you finally get the issue fixed, here's a short re-cap of events where your character was involved:-Along with Keran and Kaladin, Alfon as recruited three other members, Lesvera (me), Diomi (D.A.V.E), and Nivigate (Takanuvainika). Alfon is now planning on traveling south and finding some large ore-deposits in order to earn the reward from the Alliance.-We've tried (and failed) to get the Guildmistress of the Traders Guild to loan us a ship for this expedition. We're not negotiating a better deal with a different business owner, Stalva (Basilisk).We're still in Sakrinil, but if things go well, we should be sailing out into the ocean very soon.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

Character Name: Kratos Gender & Species: Toa (Ice)Powers: Elemental power of ice , Kanohi Iden Mask of Spirit Equipment: Two ice-longswords, an massive shield Appearance: Pure white armor, with a few light blue plated pieces. Light blue eyes. Faction: Xankah OrderPersonality: Kratos has a very cold and impassionate personality. He isn’t one to let his emotions get the better of him, and he is not inclined to share how he feels very often. Though Kratos has a very powerful drive to want to protect the Matoran at any cost, even if it means breaking a few of the rules in the Toa Code, which is why Kratos allied with the Xankah Order instead of the Toa Council. Biography: Kratos and the rest of his Toa team, the Toa Ultimus once were all a part of the Toa Council. They followed the Toa code to a letter, and spent their days battling criminals, pirates and protecting the Matoran of the islands.This all changed when they began to work against the Vermillion Dragon. The criminals within the dragon didn’t like this, so they set a trap for the Toa. The Toa Ultimus fell right into their hands, and they were slaughtered. Kratos was left alive by the powerful criminals so he could take a message back to the Council, that they should but out of the Vermillion Dragon’s affairs. Crushed and now alone Kratos returned to the Council to tell them the news and deliver them the message. He then renounced his alliance with the Council and left, not once turning back. Years later after going solo for many years he finally allied himself with the Xankah Order, which seemed to fit his new ideals much better. He could now suspend the Toa Code, and kill his enemies if the situation demanded it, and after loosing his entire Toa team, Kratos felt that killing his enemies was a small price to pay to help protect the innocent.

There's a lot of things you can convince me. You can convince me that a witch weighs the same as a duck. You can convince me that 100 years of my life were replaced by the repairing of a time paradox by the Doctor. You can even convince me that the entire universe is a lie conceived by our minds, and that the lady in Inception was right. But you can not convince me to ever allow a character to create, manipulate, and absorb Rahi.Manipulate? Sure. It's called a Mask of Rahi control. Create and absorb? Not. Happening.If you want to receive visions of the future, grab a Mask of Clairvyoance. You're not going to like what you see, though.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
he dosen't see visions of the future, Mata-Nui just tells him things, mostly things that have already happened, or things that he needs to do.How about a toa of psionics with the Mask of Rahi Control who specializes in telekinetics Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

No contact with Mata-Nui. I'll tell you for certain that the Mata-Nui in any RPG I runs doesn't directly speak to anybody. Or indirectly. He leaves signs that the universe can see, if they're looking.The later suggestion would be allowed.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Ok I altered Inta and decided to give him a Mask of Mutation instead of a Mask of Rahi Control.Name: IntaGender & Species: Male Toa of PsionicsPowers: Elemental Psionics power (he is best at telekinetics, Rahi Control (given to him by a Makuta).Equipment: A small container that is made from the front legs of a Sea Spider, a lot of Sea Spider legs. This container shrinks what ever is put inside it so it can hold a lot. Inta has put in the container various pieces of rahi, and other things he collects. The main weapons he uses are Sea Spider legs to shrink his enemies or other rahi made weapons. He has two birds that perch on his shoulders, these can turn in to much larger birds (big enough to carry a toa) that are heavily armoured in front, so they can smash threw rock even when carrying a toa. Their wings glow with energy like a kahu’s making them fly very fast without flapping. Mask: Mask of Mutation, fitted with a computerized lens that lets him examine things close up, useful for examining rahi without touching it.Appearance: Inta has green and black armour, a stark contrast to his friendly light blue eyes and clear blue energy.Faction: Good. He has travelled to Yheyn to learn how to be a proper toa from the Toa Counsel.Personality: Curious and Kind, Inta wants to be a proper toa and help people. He is inexperienced with his powers. Also he mostly only uses his mask on rahi, finding it immoral to use it on sentient beings. He also is best at using telekinetics rather than telepathy.Bio: Inta was once a matoran on a small island with no toa. After the Brotherhood of Makuta defeated the League of Six Kingdoms; a makuta decided to use the island as a base to keep an eye on the larger islands in the area, he then hired Inta as a rahi tender. (He didn’t enslave Inta, it was just a job with a pay check and everything.) When Inta was having trouble getting some of the larger rahi back in their pens (and after being swallowed by one of them before the makuta saved him) the makuta did a few experiments and gave Inta Rahi Control powers. After many years the makuta began trying to create an artificial toa stone, the result was the Nui Stone. Discovering what the makuta had made, Miserix ordered that the Nui Stone to be brought to another Makuta on Yheyn (or Ampora) who would bring it to Miserix, so the makuta sent Inta to Yheyn with the Nui Stone.Along the way Inta ran into a mysterious storm that destroyed his ship and cast him onto a tiny island, when he awoke he was shocked to discover that he had become a toa! Inta searched the ship wreck for the Nui Stone but could not find it even with his new powers. Walking inland, Inta found a pool of water, deciding to try his powers on it, Inta tried to telekinetically lift the water, to his delight the water condensed into a large ball and floated in the air, however his delight was cut short when a snake that was under the water tried to eat him. While escaping the snake Inta remembered that he had Rahi Control powers and told the snake to stop and it stopped, he told it to lie down and go to sleep and it did. Trying to use his mask now, Inta tried to mutate a Sea Spider, it started to work but then the Sea Spider became enraged and attacked Inta, when it stabbed at him he sidestepped chopped off its front legs with a small knife, surprised at how easily the legs came off Inta stepped back and was even more surprised when the spiders front legs grew back, but by this time Inta had used his powers to put the rahi to sleep. Picking up the front legs Inta discovered that they still have the power to shrink things, thinking of a use for them Inta pulled off a bunch of the legs and made them into his container, then (unmutating it) he sent the spider on its way.After getting a little more experience with his mask, Inta set to work mutating his birds into their present state with his mask, in a few days the birds were finished and he used them to fly to Yheyn to find a toa to train him.Notes: The storm was sent either by the makuta who took the Nui Stone, or by the Order of Mata-Nui who took it.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

No, I'm not giving you a Mask of Mutation and Rahi Control powers. I'm hesitant even giving the Mask of Mutation since it's more up to being abused then... hold on...Yeah. Here it is. The logical assumption that can be derived from "no overpowered characters" is "no characters that possess the ability to instantly and irrevocably alter another character, possibly granting allies new powers or stripping those possessed by enemies". The whole "immoral" thing works and all, other than the fact he already has a mask power - Rahi Control.Not going to have two size changing birds. I once had a character who had a pet bird, and do you know what his pet bird did? They had a telepathic connection, so he could use him to scout out or stuff like that. Like Laserbeak in Transformers G1 (coincidentally, another character had a companion derived from Ravage, and much closer to the original).Those Sea Spider legs wouldn't work, because their powers aren't derived from being legs, they're from the inner energy or whatever inside the Rahi. Just like a Rhotuka spinner gains its power from the creatures inner nature, which is why Toa Hordika gained ones based on their inner elemental abilities.I'm still not letting any characters have past Brotherhood related connections. Your characters may all be a 1 in 100 chance, but meeting the Brotherhood is closer to 1 in 10,000. And most of those are the Toa Hagah who serve them, who fall into that 'better than even the PC's' category.TL;DR - This character isn't happening. Toa have the following powers - Elemental and Mask. That's a character who could single handedly destroy islands already. No additional powers added on top of that unless you can give a really darned good reason. When I look at this character, do you know what I see? Not a good reason. Terrible, typical reasons.Simply Put - Element, Mask. Other powers better have a reason. If you want more powers, they come with consequences. Like, I don't know, a magic sword that grants you powers, but also restrict your elemental ones. And takes up another character slot.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Kratos thought he caught a glimpse of one, a Skakdi with green armor moving through the crowd.
There are still no Skakdi on Yheyn. Let me check my calculations... yes. Another couple thousand years minus 12 hours. So we just need to wait that long.Karz.@ Krayzikk; No idea.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

1. Ok then, no Rahi Control powers, he just is good at taming rahi as a result of his years as a rahi tender.
  2. Remember to use a mask of mutation you have to have a knowledge of what you want it to turn in to otherwise you get something completely random.
  3. I did plan on using them for scouts but they didn’t have a telepathic connection with Inta, instead I wanted them to be able to speak like a parrot. Right now the birds are his only way of fighting, as he is to inexperienced to use his powers in a fight, and he didn’t get much fighting experience as a rahi tender.
  4. I know that is why he was surprised when the legs still had the power, but this is a mutated Sea Spider with its shrinking power in its legs, limbs that come off easily, and the ability to regrow lost limbs. He didn’t know what to mutate it into so he just mutated it at random.
  5. Ok no Makuta, just a group of scientists that invented the Nui Stone and when the Brotherhood of Makuta ordered it to be handed over to them, the scientists sent the storm to destroy it but it survived somehow.
  6. My reasons make sense in my head they just don’t come out right. :)

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

1. Good.2. I don't care, no Mask of Mutation.3. They're flying battering rams, no.4. I don't care. It's the Rahi that makes the limbs have power, not the limbs themselves.5. No Nui-Stone, no weird connections to canonical events, none of that. None. Nil. Nothing. Zip.You suggested just a while back 'Toa of psionics with a mask of Rahi Control', but decided it had to be something strange. Don't get me wrong, I like strange. But this is just an accident waiting to happen.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

If it can destroy islands, it's probably not going to be accepted.
Toa can destroy islands. :PAnyway, Hubert's rule is a pretty good rule of thumb. If a character could, in any obvious way, overpower a Makuta, they're too powerful.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

If it can destroy islands, it's probably not going to be accepted.
Toa can destroy islands. :PAnyway, Hubert's rule is a pretty good rule of thumb. If a character could, in any obvious way, overpower a Makuta, they're too powerful.
A Toa could beat a Makuta if they had surprise and the Makuta couldn't fight back. Anyone with full access to elemental powers could. Especially now, before they're gas. Get the Golden Armor and you could kill 'em all. Of course, Makuta would never let you have the advantage. If you were going to fight a Makuta, they would already have planned on it.That is, if the Toa was willing to kill.Needless to say, the Brotherhood endorses the Council in keeping Toa from rebelling against the Code. Wouldn't want any Rogue Toa getting the idea of fighting them now would they?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Gee, Lev. Way to ruin my rule. :P
Here's a better rule.If you look at the other characters in the RPG, and it looks more powerful than the strongest looking of them, you have issues. It's not necessarily OP, but run scenarios in your head of different situations.Which is why the first character posted in an RPG should always be a Matoran, just to keep everybody else down. Muahaha.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa have enough power that when they use a Nova Blast it is about as strong as a nuclear bomb being able to take out a city or an island, et cetera. That means they have lots of power to use at any given time. So even without going Nova they are extremely powerful and then you add in a great Kanohi mask that essentially gives them a random superpower. Toa as a rule are all overpowered.

That might end up being some sort of weakened Nova Blast like thing. And most Toa tend to be good natured so you don't have to worry about them going all 'I'm gonna destroy the island cause I can' mode.Also, where is the future Torrent crew meeting? Anyone know?

Let's just end this conversation and say 'if your character is more powerful than the average a Toa, stop'.If I was under the expectation that lots of characters would be dying and their masks passed on to the next person, that would be one thing - it would mean some things might be skewed due to the power shifts happening. But I'm not expecting that to happen.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It's because nobody is doing anything. This could be going faster, but it's not.Beating Aloft, though... that's the slow one.Once everybody's ship reaches their location, things might speed up with things actually happening.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: