Waves Of The South

IC (Takea Tankards): Now Lesvera say her opening and checked to make sure that here identity was hidden. As she approached, she tried to remember if any parts of her history would cause complications for employment. She was a rogue Toa, technically, but he didn't have to know that, she had killed a few people but only criminals in self-defense. Most of them anyway...She stopped at a respectable distance behind the Prime and asked, "Alfon? Could I have a word with you please?"

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard) / Dridak (Sakrinil)"Thank you." I said, retreating to a lone table with my mug so my Kaladin, Keran and I could speak privately. But my drink called to me so a good gulp was in order. Like the last drink, I downed this one just as fast, maybe faster but this one tasted just that much better. I was tempted to get another order of it but I didn't want to risk getting drunk."Keran, I hate to disappoint but we'll be sailing north for a week. Any thoughts?""Alfon? Could I have a word with you please?"At the sound of my name, I turned around to find a black female Toa, of water I'm guessing. Just then did I realize I hadn't seen a woman in a long time, too long actually. Don't worry, I'm not a lusty guy, I was simply wowed for a moment by such beauty for a moment, staring blankly into her eyes. That tends to stick out after you've been in jail."Yes, yes you can." I recovered with a welcoming smile. I gave the others a 'I'll be back' look before standing up and leading the lovely lady and I to the other end of the room. "How can I help you?"-"A simple chat would do. In private." his slick voice said, hardly matching the dangerously wild look his eyes possessed. Dridak didn't wait for a reply to step in of his own accord, examining the mansion loftily. "That won't be a problem, will it?" The question concealed a dangerous edge to it.

Edited by Mr. Wade

IC: Evex : Effrah : Docks : Azure ThunderThe Regrian leaned over the railing of the Azure Thunder, ears pointed towards the conversation between the two Toa. Another potential crew member... they did have enough money to get the provisions they needed, right? Evex hoped Song would hear his thought, but he didn't know how to get her attention mentally.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

IC (Takea Tankards): 'Mata-nui,' Lesvera thought as she cringed underneath her hood and the Prime lead her to a far-corner of the tavern, 'This will not be fun.' She wasn't sure about what Alfon was seeing that had gotten him so interested, considering she was wearing a full length robe and her body resembled a charred corpse underneath.* It was probably his imagination if anything."You're an explorer right?" Lesvera half-asked, half-stated, "That implies that you'll be heading far south at some point and it just so happens that I need to go that direction myself and I'm looking for employment."When Alfon's eyes appeared to shine a bit brighter, Lesvera added in an annoyed tone, "As a security guard."OOC: *Hint, hint. :P

"Don't Panic."

IC: Diomi, Sakrinil BeachThe sounds of waves lapping against the shore, and the squawking of seagulls, filled the air, along with the strong smell of salt and sand. A lone figure, dark blue with purple runes covering sections of her lean and attractive body, lay in the sand, only feet away from the inching waves, which were quickly growing closer. The female's, for that was obviously her gender, eyes were covered by her bowler hat, placed there intentionally. Her chest slowly heaved up and down with the slow breaths of her slumber. Crabs scuttled to and fro around her, as she lay there, sleeping, unable to see the people staring and sneering at her, or hear their whispers.OOC: Diomi opened for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: *Good lord...I'll have to solve that now, won't I? :PIC: AlfonActually, now that I look at her, she's not that great...I guess everything looks a lot better once you escape from jail, for better or for worse. And no, I totally wasn't thinking anything of the sort when she mentioned employment! Nu uh."Security guard? No thanks, I prefer friends who've got my back covered for free, like that guy over there." I gestured to Keran. "The other guy's a doctor and I just so happen to need him around so he gets paid. I'd gladly take you south for free, though."

IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, ShipyardsDoriana gritted her teeth. She had the immediate feeling that she wasn't going to get along with Song."One second," she grunted, before turning back to Arkrak."Listen... Arkrak," the Toa began, still getting used to his name, "I'm going after Dridak no matter what. But you have your store... What I'm saying is that if you don't want... Or can't come... I understand. I mean, it's bound to be a long voyage, and I don't want to force you into this..."OOC: God, I love writing socially awkward warriors. :P-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I figured it could be the alcohol affecting his perception more than he realizes. After all, when was the last time he ate something?IC (Takea Tankards): 'Okay that didn't work. Stall, stall, stall...'"But can your friends fight?" Lesvera asked, "Sure your Matoran friend is probably a highly skilled doctor, but can he face off against a ship full of pirates, creatures, I might add, which find the concepts of honesty and fair play completely foreign. And sure your other friend is a Toa, but have you seen him in combat? Whether he might be with the Order or the Council, it doesn't mean that he won't fold under pressure due to lack of experience. When you sail those waters you'll need someone who can look death in the mask and spit on him. I can do that. My rates are reasonable; I need a place to sleep, food to eat, and enough money to purchase materials for a few side projects I have."Meanwhile, Lesvera was mentally running through options, '1. Try to get hired as guard (Failing). 2. Slightly exaggerate other skills in order to earn employment otherwise. 3. Tell him true reasons for wanting to go south without sounding like a complete psychopath.'

"Don't Panic."

IC: Cadrhon, having defeated the Kuma-Nui, continued down the tunnel. He soon came to its end, and saw the sewers in front of him. Great. I have to come to the sewers. He thought to himself. After a pause, he reluctantly went down into them, knowing that was the only way to escape. He trudged through the sewers, which were nearly up to his waist, hoping they would not last long. He continued walking, going through several turns. His leg ran against something moving, and he hurried, not wanting to know what it was. After walking through the sewers for some time, having gone several miles, he saw a drainage tube with light at the end. Asuming it was the ocean, he hurried through, and sure enough, the pipe came out near the ocean. He trudged out of the pipe, finding himself in the sunlight once again.OOC: What now, Lev?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: What now, Lev?
OOC: Just head out somewhere. But you're about to get a bounty placed on your head and have people going after you, so don't make a big scene... like trying to pick a fight with a Toa, for example.Oh, and do what the Stranger said - look south.[GameMaster]IC: Guard Lieutenant ~ Castle Sakrinil"Well miss, I can't help you with that. I'm in charge of the prisoners and taking care of the rabble at gate during the night - and I haven't slept in 38 hours, so I'm about to go to sleep. Take it to the bounty office. Just exit the keep and..."He let out a long yawn. "Go to the west side of the courtyard."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)"Y'know, you act as if I'm unable to spit in death's face as well, which I do on a regular basis, by the way. Whether those two can fight or not, I can so whatever skill set you're offering, I already have. I've been doing this for a long time and the fact that I'm still around means I've been doing it right." I said pointedly but without any annoyance, my tone carrying absolute finality in it. There would be no changing my mind."Why so insistent? I'm but an explorer with no proper ship, you'd find much better employment down at the docks. Surely you've thought of that already, clearly being your goto option so why me instead of them? It would be a lot easier." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. "You don't happen to be a rogue Toa, do you?"

IC (Takea Tankards): 'Danger, danger!'"Because all of those ships at the docks are merchant vessels." Lesvera replied, "I need a ship with a captain who is willing to sail past the edges of the map and who knows what he's doing as well as crew members that won't get me killed while I'm trying to protect them." Even while the Toa was attempting convince Alfon of her sincerity, she was subtly rubbing her wrists, underneath her long sleeves, making sure that her gauntlets were firmly attached. She didn't want to start a fight, but she had learned long ago to always have an escape plan at all times."Look I have other skills," Lesvera insisted, "I'm a competent tinker and I'm a good climber so I could be a rigger..." One look at Alfon's mask quickly dashed her hopes of step two succeeding."Alright, fine," Lesvera said, "You want the truth? About a year and a half ago, someone tried to kill me. I don't know who and I don't know why. I do now is that he was a pirate and jumped on a ship and went straight south the day he tried to kill me. I want to return the favor. Keep me pointed south and I'll do everything in my power to protect you, the crew, and the ship... when you get one."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)"Aha, so you were hiding something from me, after all!" I replied childishly as if amused. "In that case, I can help you. That still leaves my question unanswered: are you a rogue Toa? Your intentions don't correspond well with the Council's rules or the Order's beliefs. I'd also like your name if we'll be working together from now on."

IC (Takea Tankards): "I... well you see..." Lesvera stammered. At that point she had totally lost her composure, actively fidgeting and continually glancing over at the Toa of Air back at the table. There was no point in lying anymore which meant she had to play the semi-pity card."My name is Lesvera and yes I'm a rogue Toa, technically," she said as she lowered her voice, "I'm only rogue because the Council currently thinks that I'm dead and they didn't really bother to prove otherwise. You remember that big foundry fire a year and half ago? I was in it."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)"I see..." I trailed off. "Well, glad to have you on board, Ms. Lesvera, I look forward to your company. Our current plans are to head south to find proper mining land so we can claim money and a clipper ship as our reward, if we haven't been beaten to the punch already. I'll get you south as much as I can however feel free to disband from us whenever you want, I won't rat you out to the authorities."I held my hand out for her to shake, coupled with an honest smile.OOC: So that's why she's a charred corpse of a woman...

IC (Takea Tankards): "Excellent," Lesvera replied as she returned the handshake. She also gave a faint smile, but with her hood up it was impossible for Alfon to see it."However, as much as I appreciate your trust, I hope you have a good story to explain my presence to your windy friend there," Lesvera stated as she gestured toward Keran, "Unless he's also rogue, I forsee certain conflicts with him that I'd rather avoid.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Cadrhon walked toward the ocean. He stepped in, and washed himself adter being in the sewers. He kept in mind what the stranger had said about going south, and he began walking down the shore, going south.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)"I don't." I replied blankly, chuckling shortly afterwards. "He'll have to deal with your presence, just like he'll have to deal with me killing if it comes down to it. Any excuse I can think of is doomed to revelation, long term or short term. Most rogue Toa have a very hard time concealing their identity and eventually get caught but stick with me and I'll call you my assistant. Only these two guys would know.""Want a drink before we decide to sit down again? It's on me."

IC (Takea Tankards): "Whatever," Lesvera muttered under her breath. Once they got out to sea, it would probably be less of a problem. When Alfon asked about the drink she replied, No thanks. I try to actively avoid alcohol, especially this early. Well, it looks I need to meet the rest of the crew. Care to give them an introduction for me?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)In reply, I wrapped my around the back of her shoulders as if we were always good friends and led us to the table, gesturing to her with an open palm."Guys, meet Lesvera, another addition to the crew. Also, I changed my mind about heading north: we'll be heading south."

IC: [Dralack Illu] - Sakrinil, Castle SakrinilDralack suddenly narrowed his gaze, bringing himself up to full-height, and quickly advancing on the guard."Miss?! MISS?!" he roared, his voices echoing across the chamber, "I am Dralack Illu, possibly the greatest inventor in the entire Southern Alliance! AND I AM NOT FEMALE!"IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, ShipyardsDoriana nodded, "So be it."Turning to face Song, the Toa said, "In that case, Captain, we request to stay with you and your crew, until your arrival on Yheyn."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: See, this is what happens when too many characters names start with a D. But the guards not very pleasant when he's not tired either. Like me.[GameMaster]IC: Guard Lieutenant ~ Castle Sakrinil"Sir, ma'am, what's the difference - I don't care, it's high time I hit the barracks. Take your problem to the people who deal with that sort of thing, not a lieutenant operating in the dungeons."His eyes, which looked sullen and tired, flared to life as he said, "Oh, and look down." The guards hand crossbow was point blank to Dralack, and even in his tired state, missing seemed unlikely.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: What can I say, I have a soft spot for the letter 'D'. IC: [Dralack Illu] - Sakrinil, Castle SakrinilDralack spotted the crossbow, before raising his head to face the Guard Lieutenant again. Every muscle in his body was screaming to pull out his sword and finish this properly, but the Vortixx realized that sort of action would only lead to more trouble. He would have to walk away from this particular fight."Good night," the inventor said through clenched teeth, before backing away, slowly.IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, ShipyardsDoriana shrugged, "I can work any job just as nicely as I can fight. Don't worry about me."With that said, Calam held out her hand to the Captain, as if to ask, "Deal?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: "Now why would it be a problem?" Yowrik, "I be just a harmless old pirate long retired who misplaced the use of his legs. I be used to keeping odd company at all hours."Keeping up the sea-dog accent could get a bit tiring when he was doing it at official functions some high-flyer had invited him to, but it came in useful for making people think he was less than he appeared

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: SongSong shook her hand, not the slightest tremor betraying her earlier state. A look of satisfaction appeared on her face. "Good. Doriana, you head onto the ship. When you see the reptile like being, tell him to come down here. Arkrak will stay with me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Raknar (Docks)"Wha happen? Are we home yet?" asked the hapless captain of the Southern Charm, wandering off the Thunder and taking his position beside Song with a yawn. "Oh, hey, Braveheart."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: CadrhonCadrhon continued to walk down the shore, going south. He still didn't know how far south he would have to go, or how he would be able fulfill the stranger's mission. He continued walking, going slightly farther away from the ocean.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"Hm. Well, I was going to wait for everyone to get up here, but I guess we really should set off." Artorre said. He called to the nearest crew member. Within minutes, the ship was floating away from Sakrinil, out toward the wide open sea.OOC: So. Could everyone on Artorre's ship come on deck?

IC (Takea Tankards): 'Don't stab the captain, don't stab the captain, don't...' Lesvera thought as Alfon placed a hand on her shoulder. As much as she wanted the job, she still had some personal space issues. She quickly took a seat at the table and glanced at her new companions. The rather uninterested looks that she received surprised her. 'What a warm reception.'As the Matoran quickly tried to shift the conversation toward his payment, Lesvera kept an eye on Keran, waiting for him to react. She didn't recognize him, which meant that if he was part of the Council, he was rookie and unlikely to know who she was. In theory at least.IC (Moroni, island of Smuggler's Peak): Crentis hummed a sea shanty as he slowly rowed toward the largest island of Moroni. It had taken him more than a week to travel from the sand dune of an island that his former crew had tried to maroon him on, but he had survived worse. He had been able to salvage enough rations and water from the remains of the ship, as well as the provisions already in the lifeboat. A makeshift mast and sail had carried him most of that distance, but now he was rowing in order to safely navigate the island's shallow reefs and unpredictable currents.After almost an hour, the Carapar Prime made it to shore and jumped onto the rocky beach. Placing his tri-corner firmly on his head, he could see Smuggler's Peak glaring back at him only a short distance away. Hefting a small footlocker onto his shoulder, Crentis began to walk while still humming and with a smile on his mask.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard) / Dridak (Sakrinil)"Name your price, Doc and you've got it." I replied enthusiastically although I don't have the intention to break the bank. I have limits."Glad to hear." Dridak replied calmly, pacing himself around the area slowly, stopping to observe a painting of the Shimmering Palace hung on the wall. "What a lovely picture. The artist is quite skilled with the brush, being able to capture the Alliance's seat of power so well. A beautiful sight, isn't it?"

IC: Song"Yes. Evex." Song said to Doriana, turning back to Arkrak."Yes. This is Raknar," Song pointed to Raknar behind here. "Evex is on the ship, the Vortixx scholar's name is Fenrir, Myr on board somewhere, and my first mate is a dragon named Aclaraung."IC: Kiarak"Actually, I was being mostly honest. So maybe you will get your ship back." Kiarak shrugged, and took a sip of his wine.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG