Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC Kayzata - East District Streets - Fighting Beast: "Shoot." Kayzata quickly dove to the side, rolling into a crouching position as he stared at the beast that had lunged for him. "Interesting..." he said to himself, this thing had attacked without being provoked, so it was obviously hostile toward anyone and anything. He wondered where it had come from, though... perhaps an old creation of his back from the dead? He decided to let it attack him again(in the interest of seeing its full potential), instead of launching a barrage of unavoidable blasts that would surely end its life. Standing to his full height, Kayzata pointed his right hand sword at the beast, speaking to it, "Let's see what you can do, monster." -Kayzata

IC: Calik Raktu - Kai-Nam/Day Run/ArenaCalik screamed as the lava gushed over his feet. The pain seared his flesh, sending bolts of pain racketing through his body. his whole body stiffened, and an unearthly shriek pierced the air.Yet, somehow, the pain sharpened his mind, made it quicker. Cleaner, a starker contrast.He wasn't even sure what he was doing. Maybe in his sub-conscience triggered some sort of reaction in his body, maybe it was out of sheer habit. Maybe it was dumb luck. Whatever it was, somehow, his arms struck out to the sides, and a massive wave of thermal energy rippled out of him.It washed over him, cauterizing his many wounds, and soothing his emotional trauma. Slowly, he began to rise, until his feet were free of the molten laval, and his body was suspended in the air like a rag doll. Calik couldn't be sure how long he could last like this, but he sure as Karz wasn't about to waste this chance.'Bring it!' he shouted.OOC: 500 posts! :happydance:-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan's eyes widened as he saw the being launch an energy blast at him, and then ran to the side, and rolled out of the way to avoid being destroyed. Kairan then looked back toward the being with a frown, as he gripped his sword.How can that thing be destroyed, if not by electric attacks? Kairan thought, as he ran forward once more.

IC: Marx watched as a beast rose from the lava in the arena. It was massive. And it appeared to be hostile. Marx launched a large blast of red electricity at the beast. Instantly gravity increased greatly in the things proximity and the rest of the electricity turned into a giant fist that swung down at the creatures head. The fist only big enough to hold a full size Toa might not hurt it but it may distract it thought Marx.

Alan and Eryn/ArenaIC:

"Well, this looks bad," muttered Alan as he saw the proceedings in the Arena. Unfortunately, it seemed that all the Recorders were dead or had been disconnected from the system. Thus, he was now left in the dark about anything outside the Infirmary. Or, for that matter, most of the things inside said place. Thus, he stood, ran outside the doors, and used slight amounts of his element to part the crowd enough for him to get through. As he ran into the stands, he saw Kairan, a massive... thing... and a wave of energy. Thankfully Kairan was able to dodge, as was the kasuba.Running to his teammate, Alan yelled, "Any idea what that is, besides a nanobot-sucking monster?" He tried probing it with his mask and element. Maybe there was a useful power that this thing had... something... anything...As Eryn and Kerid neared the Arena, Eryn began to receive dozens, if not hundreds of messages from the Day Run systems. Of course, something was also obviously wrong, as the arena was quickly being emptied. Putting her main body on autopilot to follow Kerid, she transferred to her secondary body within the control room. "Master Ehjoras! What the karzahni happened? What's that thing?" she said as she stood and her hands immediately flew across the control panels, trying to find what was happening and how to fix it.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak yelled to Team Comet when he saw the Beast emerge from the lava, and then the fialure of the attacks unleashed upon it. Hoping his Recorder would stay alive for awhile longer, he yelled this:"Hexxon! Kaytana! Get over here! I have an idea!"Turning to Rhindon, he swore softly."My attack drained me, only for this to happen. I don't know how much of a help my gravity would be right now as it is, but at least I wouldn't have to rely on everyone else to stay alive."He spotted Calik in the lava, managing to stay alive-barely. Oh Mata-Nui. If the systems are down, he's gonna die down there if we don't save him. But for that, I'm going to need Team Comet's cooperation.-ibrow

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-"You want the truth? I have no clue." Kairan admitted, as he gripped his sword with two hands.I need a shield sometime. Kairan noted, but brushed off the thought for now, as he kept his eye on the lava nanobot thing."It caught my attention by starting as a swirling lava whirlpool, and then this started. It's ignored my attacks, and just sent back a more powerful energy attack that nearly fried me." Kairan reported, a frown on his face, as he readied himself for whatever happened next.

IC - The Beast - East District Streets: The beast slid to a stop as Kayzata moved out of the way. It righted its large body, moving around Kayzata in a circle, snarling and snapping its jaws as it moved, scanning him for a weak point. A soft fog had begun to envelop the area, seeming to have been summoned by the beast's presence.The beast stopped moving, staring at Kayzata, continuing to drool. Then it broke apart, seeming to disintegrate. The metallic sliding noise made it obvious that i hadn't left; it was emanating from the fog, which had suddenly thickened all around. A moment later, the beast shot forward, almost too fast for the eye to see; it launched from one spot in the fog to the spot immediately opposite it, leaving a trail of darkness in its wake and slashing at Kayzata each time it ran past. It did this several times before ceasing its attack, waiting to see how Kayzata would respond.IC - The Construct/Rhindon/Ehjoras/Engineers - Arena: The construct, for its part, still seemed to ignore each of the attacks; MArx's, however, seemed to have the most effect, though didn't seem to truly damage it. While energy bounced off of its armor, the electrical fist knocked it back from the sheer force, the gravity helping to slow it down.Recovering, it raised itself to its regular height again. The lava level below began to lower slightly again; a moment later, Rhindon knew why. Turning its head in Marx's direction, it launched a cross-shaped burst of energy from the mark on its face, which narrowly missed the Team Superior member; it did, however, hit the ceiling, burning a cross-shaped hole through the Arena's armor -- much to the engineers and, especially, Ehjoras's surprise and alarm."That... that's ten layers of Protosteel... gone in.... one attack... one...." an engineer said, eyes wide in shock.Ehjoras's jaw had dropped at the sight, though he shook his head. He was startled by Eryn's sudden activation, as well as by the keyboard she was using catching fire. "We've tried that," he told her as another Matoran extinguished the flames, his usually loud voice eerily quiet. "Nothing's responding. Something's affecting the system, but we can't locate its source." He looked at another pair of engineers -- those who monitored the Recorders."Activate the Recorders' defense mechanisms," he ordered. They nodded. Luckily, the camera bots -- a fair number of which remained in the Arena, temporary unable to act -- had not all been deactivated. As they input commands in, the Recorders suddenly shifted, deploying weapons of various varieties -- elemental launchers, primarily.Taking aim, blasts of light, fire, plasma and other elements struck the construct's body, attempting to destroy it. The thing merely shrugged off the blasts, powerful as they were; a series of energy bolts from its face mark destroyed several at once, causing them to plummet into the lava below."Power doesn't win battles," Rhindon answered Vertak. "Strategy does -- and from the looks of it, this thing is going to require a lot of strategy to take down."The sword shifted his attention back to the construct as it turned to look at the Control Room, where Ehjoras, Eryn and the others were. If he had had eyes, Rhindon's would have widened as the face mark began to glow again. Using as much power as he could, the sword forced a large portal of darkness to open -- and just in time, as the energy blast launched into it. The portal closed, another opening right in front of the monster; the blast shot out of it, striking its midsection and knocking it back, though, to Rhindon's disappointment, not destroying it as he had hoped.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan frowned as he saw everything that happened."We need to help them, though that was an interesting technique that portal wielder used." Kairan said, as he stepped forward again, held his sword up, and then slashed downward, as he channeled another circular lightning arc at the being again, this time aiming for that face mark.

IC: Team Comet: the Arena:The beastly creature of lava looked highly dangerous, the power it displayed made even Kaytana nervous. It had to be taken care of, enforcements would need to be called, but now there was only the other opponents, the engineers, the announcer, and someone in the stands, from what the team could see.Shadow energy engulfed the pair, transporting them to Vertak and Rhindon's side. A tendril of darkness slithered down to Calik, the end of it becoming a scaly-looking claw. It didn't seem to attack the Toa of Fire like all the previous ones, but reaching out for help. Up above, Hexxon could keep Calik floating and intangible, a safer way to defend himself and attack.All of them had hurt eachother in some way, and Team Comet didn't feel like working with Vertak and his sword after their battle, but that was before and for training and fun. This was a serious matter.

IC / Day Run / Almost with Kerid and Eyrn:Swerv had begun to walk back to the Arena to see the end of the match when he heard the unencrypted announcement from Ehjoras. The robot always was scanning the unencrypted radio or wireless channels around him, and if Agony, Swerv’s almost half AI that ran some of his systems, deemed a communication important, he would inform Swerv.Looking at the Arena, he saw Kerid and Eyrn suddenly surge ahead towards it as they must have heard the news as well. He needed to go help Ehjoras with whatever was wrong. What a perfect time for Draxion to hit the sack. Swerv shook his head and began to run.IC / Day Run / The Infirmary:Waiter nodded to the nurse, “Thanks. And you might want to turn off a few lights, you’re electrical generator is about to overload.”Heading outside, Vronx noted that everyone was leaving the Arena, so the match must have ended. Jogging to the Garage, he found a guard that was able to help him locate the small airship. Making sure the bodies were in the back, Waiter began his own inspection of the ship.Everything seemed in order, at least to his eye. The repulsors for ground travel were ready to be changed out but wouldn’t be a problem. Flicking on the power, the Toa checked all the gauges and wiped off some grime that was over the height indicator.Grabbing the controls, Waiter eased the airship out of the Garage and started south, almost southeast, taking the airship into a few gentle maneuvers to see how it handled. With this ship, he would be at the Guild in no time.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC - The Construct - Arena: The nanobot construct raised a hand to block the bolt, protecting its face from the electricity. Turning to look at Kairan -- and, by extension, Alan -- it reached forward, aiming to crush them. As the massive three-fingered hand moved, a large mouth opened in its palm, completely circular and lined with razor-sharp teeth.Its head twisted unnaturally to fire a blast at the Control Booth again. The room in question, however, had vanished form where it had been before. The thing's head twisted on its body; finding the room on the opposite end of the arena, it shifted its body's configuration, turning everything but its arm around and moving toward the other side of the building. Its arm continued to stretch toward Kairan and Alan, threatening to devour or squash the pair.IC - Ehjoras - Control Booth: Ehjoras's arms were crossed into an 'X' shape, and his eyes were closed in desperate concentration as he held up the illusion around the Control Room. Normally, in times of this kind of danger, the booth would have retracted back into the arena walls; however, given that the system wasn't responding and the thing could blast through Protosteel, anyway, there was little point in trying that.His illusion power, recently recovering as he had rediscovered his identity as a Pha-Matoran, was the only hope he could thing of at the moment. The problem was that it wouldn't last for long; he wasn't skilled enough to hold up an illusion forever, and it wouldn't take long for the construct to realize what was going on."Everyone, out," he said. A number of protests rang out behind him at the command, almost making him lose his concentration. He looked around, his calm demeanor completely gone at this point. "That's an order! We can replace the control booth if it gets destroyed; we can't replace it or you if you all die!"That silenced most of the engineers, who, reluctantly, hurried out of the room. Only a few -- those willing to mutiny against Ehjoras in this kind of situation -- remained.IC - Zanth - Day Run: The Seeker had picked up on the announcements from the Arena; Zanth looked at the radio in concern, shifting his gaze to the arena as his vehicle neared the building.Exiting the vehicle, he watched as a group of guards hurried into the building. Something was definitely going down... Cautiously, Zanth followed after them, summoning his maces into his hands.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan growled, and ran away from it for the moment, as he attempted to get to a higher level."Come on!" Kairan called to Alan. He had no plan; but even if he did have a plan, he wasn't quite sure how he could enact it. Given that the Construct actively trying to defend that face-mark, however..."Aim for that mark; try your hardest to hit it, I think it's a weakness." Kairan told Alan, as he ran from the hand.

OOC: It was not an electric fist. He sent out red electricity which was his unique way of combing gravity and shadows. The fist was mostly soldified shadow.IC: Marx felt the heat and power as the things attack nearly hit him. He barely dodged it or it missed, he did not know which. He looked up as it hit the ceiling and completely destroyed part of it. Marx felt terrified. He shadow jumped above the beast and pelted it cubes of solidified shadow. He then shadow jumped again to another spot and looked around for anyone else. But he could not see very many people left in the arena.

Edited by infinitus

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak felt for a second a bit of frustration that Hexxon had saved Calik before Vertak could suggest it; the guy seemed to one-up him even when he wasn't trying to. However, then the Recorder Vertak was standing on suddenly began to open fire, sending him toppling off.Vertak cursed under his breath as he tumbled through the air towards what was left of the lava, which surely meant his death. However, though he hadn't noticed it, he already felt a little stronger than he should have- and then he remembered.Rhindon's aura... it gave me power when I faced Brother. He realized. I've gotten used to it- maybe my gravity is back!He concentrated, and with less than five feet between him and the lava, he managed to stop. Shaking, he turned himself into a standing postion, facing the nanobot construct. Thankfully, it was distracted. He tapped his Team Zero badge, speaking into it."Zanth? Suya?" he asked. "Uh... I might need help in the arena. Something might have gone just a little wrong, and I and the other fighters may or may not be about to die."With that done, he glanced up to where Team Comet and Rhindon were, beginning to wobble a bit. He had enough of his power back to sustain it for maybe a minute longer, before he'd fall to his doom.-ibrow

IC - The Beast - East District Streets: The beast slid to a stop as Kayzata moved out of the way. It righted its large body, moving around Kayzata in a circle, snarling and snapping its jaws as it moved, scanning him for a weak point. A soft fog had begun to envelop the area, seeming to have been summoned by the beast's presence.The beast stopped moving, staring at Kayzata, continuing to drool. Then it broke apart, seeming to disintegrate. The metallic sliding noise made it obvious that i hadn't left; it was emanating from the fog, which had suddenly thickened all around. A moment later, the beast shot forward, almost too fast for the eye to see; it launched from one spot in the fog to the spot immediately opposite it, leaving a trail of darkness in its wake and slashing at Kayzata each time it ran past. It did this several times before ceasing its attack, waiting to see how Kayzata would respond.

IC Kayzata - East District Streets - Fighting Beast: The beast only had to slash Kayzata once for him to react; he leaped up, spreading his wings and taking to the skies high above the fog. He could see that the entire street had been clouded by the beast, so he began clearing the fog away as best he could with blasts of shadow. He caught a glimpse of the beast, waiting in the fog, and created a large shadow hand (similar to the hands of shadow the Makuta would create), pinning the beast down with the force of the hand. Communicating with the beast was not an option, so he didn't bother trying. Though, he was curious about the beast's capabilities, and that was why he did not attempt to destroy it. -Kayzata

Alan and Eryn/ArenaIC:

"I would assume so," responded Alan to Kairan's statement as he telekinetically shoved the hand back. He then reached past the limb and aimed to elementally stab the mark. Maybe that would stop it... If it didn't, the kasuba was following his teammate.Eryn felt that she wasn't included in "everyone" - karzahni, she was a robot with plenty of backups. Thus, she made sure that everyone exited the Control Booth. Whether she shoved them out the door or they went of their own accord was their decision. Either way, she would do all that she could to keep everyone alive. "Master! You need to leave! I'll do anything that needs to be done! I'm disposable!"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

OOC: Infinitus: Mm. Your narration made it sound like it was a hand of electricity. My bad. Either way, though, it still has the same effect.IC - The Beast - East District Streets: The Beast merely split and shifted again, freeing itself from Kayzata's hold on it. All around, the fog was starting to replicate, appearing again where Kayzata cleared it.The beast looked up at the titan. Then it burst again, a cloud of what seemed to be dust surging toward him in a spinning, black and red vortex.IC - The Construct/Guards - Arena: Given the sheer size of monstrosity, Alan's attempt to stop the hand in its path utterly failed; the construct slammed into the stands where Kairan and Alan had been before, missing the pair. Ignoring them further, it continued to walk toward the illusionary control room, its hand sliding lazily off of the stands and slamming into the lava around its shins, causing a large splash of nanobot-made molten rock.At the same time, a group of guards had emerged, weapons in hand. While shocked at the sight of the construct, they were quick to act. Taking aim with a fair assortment of launchers, they, too, opened fire on the beast, aiming to disable its arms and legs.The attacks from around it merely bounced off of its body once again, however. It was beginning to become fairly obvious that a single-powered attack wasn't going to do much good against this creature. Ignoring the bursts of energy on its body, it continued to lumber forward.IC - Zanth - Arena: Oh, dear. That's not good.Zanth had arrived, entering the stands through a different entrance than the guards. He had emerged out of a hallway to the construct's right, just as it was passing by. Curious, he watched it move, prepared to move if it attacked."Zanth? Suya? Uh... I might need help in the arena. Something might have gone just a little wrong, and I and the other fighters may or may not be about to die."The Team Zero leader looked down at his Crest as Vertak activated his comm. Zanth didn't respond, instead searching around for the Matoran. Spotting him floating in the air, he reached out with his power, willing a platform of earth to rise up underneath Vertak from the synthetic ground, lava spilling off of it as it rose and rapidly cooled.IC - Ehjoras - Control Booth: Ehjoras ignored Eryn. Focusing on keeping the illusion active -- and, actually, moving the illusionary room to a different spot once the thing got too close -- he moved over to the master computer, attempting to enter the system again."This is the only computer that has a chance of getting control of the nanobots back," he said. "If you're going to ignore me and stay, then help me locate the source of the rampancy. Now."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Day Run Arena==-Kairan frowned, as he ran to the upper seats, as he continued to attempt to get a good shot at the construct. He thought it might either come down to one very large attack at the face... Or...What if this needs multiple strong attacks aimed at the face?

Alan and Eryn/ArenaIC:

Alan grimaced, seeing what would have happened if he stood still. Good thing he decided to move. However, it wasn't good that his telekinetic tearing at the mark seemed to be doing nothing, and, furthermore, his mask wasn't picking up a power to copy."Yes sir!" replied Eryn; a few dozen wires shot from various places on her arms and chest. These plugged themselves into any open ports - whether they worked or not - and immediately connected her to the systems that were still transmitting data. "Nothing pointing to what's happening yet... tapping into password encoded systems."

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

IC / Day Run / The Arena: Swerv burst through the doors into the Arena and immediately headed towards the stairs, since the elevator seemed to be fried. At least, the lack of glowing keys on the control pad made it seem that way. On his way up, he past almost all the engineers he had seen earlier, but Ehjoras wasn’t with them. Shutting down several non-necessary systems to free up needed computing space, the Robot put everything extra into his enhanced reflexes. Now he was able to run up the stairs without worrying about taking a misstep or running into more engineers and he didn’t even need to consciously think of it. Strange how there were no guards around, though.

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak sighed with relief as he allowed himself to drop down to Zanth's platform, spotting his Team Leader in the stands."Thanks." he said in to his crest. "Nobody seems to be able to hit the thing, though; the Nanobots in the arena have been completely messed up. Not even Rhindon can do anything to it on his own. We need to find a way to get them all to work together... I won't be of much help, though."The use of his gravity powers again had weakened Vertak almost as much as the original volcano explosion had, and he dropped to one knee, trembling a little bit. His vision also turned blurry at the edges- yes, the best he'd be able to do during this fight would be to try and guide the others.-ibrow

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructCalik closed his eyes, trying to clear his thoughts as best he could. He needed a blank mind if he wanted to do this.Hexxon, he cried out in his mind, praying that his opponent/ally would hear them, If you can hear me, listen now! We need to find as many Toa as we can to create a Toa Seal! I don't know how much longer I can stay up, so we need to hurry.Calik could feel his reserves depleting, and he grit his teeth, trying to maintain elevation for as long as possible.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Hexxon: the Arena:The claw of Shadow tapped on Calik's shoulder to indicate its presence. It then held itself out, ready to grab on to his own and pull him to safety.The Toa of Fire's mental plea was picked up perfectly by Hexxon.Find Toa? Where am I supposed to find Toa? he thought to himself. Oh, right. Thery're everywhere. They are not! Where were they for me when my people were in trouble?Shaking away his mental argument, Hexxon projected a message to Calik's mind.First, take the hand. You'll be safe up here. Then try absorbing the heat of the monster's lava. Even if it's made of tiny robots, it still has the qualities of molten rock. Let's see if you can turn it to stone.

IC - Zanth/Rhindon - Arena: Zanth willed the platform to move toward him, watching the fight as he did so. "It doesn't look like a matter of not being able to hit it," Zanth said; as he spoke a multitude of attacks from the Recorders and others hit the Construct, though they merely bounced off of its body. "it's that their attacks aren't powerful enough to do anything to it."He looked around the Arena, taking note of the damaged sections. He doubted the building had ever been in such a state before. Taking out another comm device, he clicked it on, contacting the guards scattered throughout the stands. "This is Zanth of Team Zero," he said. "To anyone who hears this, focus on repairing the Arena and not on attacking the Construct, at least for now; we need time to figure out how to beat this thing, and we aren't going to get it if it brings the building down."IC - Ehjoras/? - Control Room: Ehjoras, too, worked to get into the system, trying as many tricks as he could, though none of them seemed to be working. As he and Eryn worked, one of the screens flashed; a picture of a deformed, sickly green Kanohi appeared on it.The next moment, electricity of various colors surged through the cables and into Eryn's body. The robot would feel a rush of pain and insanity as the virus affecting the nanobots began to transfer into her systems."Eryn!" Ehjoras yelled, jumping toward her to unplug the cables.At the same time, something began to happen with the Construct...IC - The Construct/Guards - Arena: The Construct stopped for a moment, red electricity jumping across various spots on its body. Then the mark on its face turned from yellow to red. It turned around, aiming at one of the many groups of guards. Tiny orbs of energy flowed into its facial mark as it prepared an attack; then it launched the blast, striking the six guards below it. Their yells were cut short as they, along with the portion of the stands they were on, disintegrated on the spot.Eryn and Ehjoras's attempt to deactivate it had put the Construct onto the offensive, on top of putting Eryn's life in danger.The remaining guards quickly recovered from the attack. One of the living captains placed on a hand on his helmet, receiving Zanth's message. He nodded. Turning to the others, he yelled, "Fire repair disks! Do not let the damage to the arena build up!"The guards shifted their weapons. Instead of aiming at the Construct, they aimed at the destroyed parts of the Arena, firing a series of disks at each. The combined powers served to quickly repair the Arena. That would buy the others some time as they fully coordinated an attack on the monster, so long as their stores of Repair Disks didn't run out.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Day Run / Arena Control Room: Swerv reached the top of the stairs, still at a run. He ran down the short hallway and barely turned as he used his foot to bounce himself off the doorframe and jump in the opposite direction, allowing him to keep his speed without slowing down to turn fully. The robot landed lightly on one of the damaged consoles and immediately paused in mid crouch. What. Was. That?Without needing to turn his head due to his unique field of vision, Swerv saw Ehjoras and what he assumed was another of Eryn’s bodies. He assumed this because the Pha-Matoran was yelling the robot’s name as he unplugged several cables. With his enhanced reflexes still running at maximum, Swerv took this in all within a few seconds, even as he flew into the room. Immediately, he asked, “Is it the nano-bots?”

IC Kayzata - East District Streets - Fighting Beast: Kayzata grunted as he quickly avoided the attack, looking back down toward he ground to spot his opponent. It definitely wanted him dead, that was certain, but who created this monster? Was this the only one? Kayzata needed to slay this beast, and examine its remains. -Kayzata

Alan and Eryn/ArenaIC:

"Alright, then. First, cut off its power source so it causes less destruction," muttered Alan to himself, using his element to sweep the nanobots away from the construct. He then poured them into a pit on the other side of the Arena, large enough to contain what was left. Through with this, he began to raise fall pillars back to their former positions. The usage of his element was draining, but he felt he could use it for the better of all. That, and himself. He didn't want to die. ...That sounded like Zanth... Indeed, he's here... That makes my job easier if we both live through this.Eryn lay on the floor, twitching from the virus that had just been transferred into her systems. "SySSStemmm bacK-KKup SuCcc-ess-essfullLL... TUse34FG5567NannnobotttM76TG42FKQDeeeeacTTivaTTion3475QAOPNBV43PrrrrrrrOTooooC-Col3788GH42XD9FiFftyy-S-s-Seeeveeennn..." she managed before her systems died.The much larger body outside the Arena, blocking the virus's attempt to enter, came fully online. "I apologize, Mistress, but I must go in there. I've backed myself up to Emergency Drivers 38Q29 and 47S69. Just in case I get destroyed," said the AI before carging forward, opening a pathway for herself as she went. Very few entrances that were large enough for her, and fewer were still functional. However, she was able to enter through one of the waiting room, emerging on the field of rock to see something massive... as big as or bigger than her.

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak stumbled down from the platform to stand beside Zanth as Rhindon approached them from his former position. Vertak doubed Zanth would fail to notice the lack of his cloak, dagger, shield, and old sword, or the fracture in his Kanohi, but he didn't bring the subject up."Any... ideas on how to destroy this... thing?" he asked. "If... if I had my gravity, me and that other gravity guy might be able to hold it down... but then, I guess he could try it on his own, too. Might... make it a little easier to form a... larger attack on."-ibrow

OOC: mm.... ToD? Alan's attack doesn't really... work. At all. For one, there aren't any pits in the field for him to dump the nanobots into. Not to mention... you do realize how big the field is, right? Bigger than a football stadium and filled with enough nanobots to not only make a 60 foot construct, but a 20-foot deep sea of lava on top of it. There's no way that Alan is powerful enough to move all of them that quickly or at once -- especially since it's already been established that they're a bit rampant and would be fighting against the push the entire time. Then there's the fact that there's still lava on the field, not rock, and even if all of those nanobots were somehow moved, it wouldn't do anything to the Construct's power supply, considering it's... you know... made of them.So... yeah. Basically, Eryn is standing in a sea of lava because if Alan was powerful enough to do what he just tried to do, then this fight would have ended with his first attack. Everyone has limits to what they can do. ;3(also, for a description of the Construct, see here.)Quick question for everyone... would it help the fight, by chance, if I described the measurements of the arena and what was currently going on with the field, stands and dome?IC - Ehjoras - Control Room: As Eryn transferred to another body -- currently unaware of the fact that the virus had served to sever her connection with the Day Run systems, so subtle had the action been -- Ehjoras looked at Swerv, who had just arrived. "Yeah..." he said grimly, lost as to what to do at this point. He looked at the computer. Well... Eryn getting attacked had shown where the virus was at, so he supposed that was good. Moving back to the computer -- which, having the Day Run's top defenses, was virtually immune to virus attacks like that last one -- he began to try and force his way into the system again."We need to locate the virus that's causing them to malfunction and destroy it," he said. "If you want to help... don't do so by connecting to the computers." He cast a short look at the lifeless, robotic body next to himself.IC - The Beast - East District Street: The cloud of dust was still in the air, behind Kayzata; the beast wasn't on the ground because it had personally attempted to devour him in its essence. With him... preoccupied... with finding a body that wasn't there, the cloud flew toward him again from behind.IC - Zanth/Rhindon - Arena: "Hm..." Zanth didn't answer. One of the clawed 'decorations' on his back, however, reached for Vertak, grabbing his arm. Reversing his power draining ability, Zanth infused some of his own elemental energy into the Matoran, enough to invigorate him and make him useful, before letting go. "No. Not right now. Nanobot constructs always have a unique weakness; we need to watch this one for and learn what that weak point is. Unless you've already noticed something odd about the way its reacted to attacks.""It doesn't like attacks on that face mark it has," Rhindon said quietly. Zanth nodded. "I presume that would count as a weakness?""Yup," the Team Zero leader answered. "Most likely, considering it seems to just take every other attack on it. Have any attacks had any actual effect on its face?""Not that I know of," the sword said. "I detected a telekinetic stab earlier, but it did nothing.""Hm... now there's that 'not powerful enough' problem again," Zanth said. "It's a shame we don't have a pair of Skakdi fighting this thing..."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Day Run / Arena Control Room:Swerv glanced at Eryn’s now disabled body and said, “I have something better than that, but first, can’t we cut off the signal controlling the nano-bots? Something tells me you didn’t manufacture them to act independently, so they still need the virus to control them from a central station. Cut off all the frequencies that the nano-bots are using and then they should deactivate and we can have more time to find the virus.”Coming up to the computer Ehjoras was at, Swerv asked, “Make sense? Do they work that way?”

IC: Calik Raktu - Day Run/Arena/Fighting ConstructCalik grabbed hold of the shadow arm, hearing Hexxon's instructions quite clearly.Absorb the heat from that thing?! he thought, Is he crazy?!He sighed, and readied himself for the coming ordeal. Calik had never been a religious man, but right now, he prayed to any deity, anywhere for this plan to succeed.He raised his free arm, slowly willing every iota of heat he could to flow into him. The Toa couldn't find words to describe the feeling. He could feel intense power coursing through him suddenly, but it was wild, uncontrolled. Much like him...Alright heat, he cried, listen to me. We've got to work together here, or we're both going to die. Loan me your strength. Please.More and more energy was being channeled into him, until he could feel himself glowing. Only time would tell if it had any effect on the thing.OOC: Parugi, I'm leaving it up to you to say what effect it had on the Construct.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: k.Unrelated -- any preferences in regards to my question, guys?IC - Ehjoras - Control Room: "I've tried that," Ehjoras pointed out, slightly annoyed that Swerv would think otherwise. "The virus, whatever it is, has taken up residence in the main computer system for the Day Run; how, I have no idea. Regardless, it's shut off anything that it knows could be used against it and the nanobots -- I can't shut off those frequencies with all access blocked to the nanobot driver." He continued to try and get in, to no avail."If I could find a system that wasn't locked, I could get in..." the Matoran murmured. Outside, his illusion began to flicker as he lost concentration on it.IC - The Construct - Arena: Calik's absorption of the heat had done a fair job. A fairly large portion of the lava -- mainly around the Construct's knees and wrists and at the edges of the Arena -- cooled off first, becoming solid rock.It didn't hold the monster still for long. Noting the sudden lack of an ability to move, it pulled, breaking free from the rock that held it. Sensing the source of the heat pull, the Construct turned its head toward Kaytana, Hexxon and Calik, firing another blast of energy at them.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Sure, Parugi, I think I'd be helpful.IC: Team Comet: the Arena:Upon seeing the energy blast, Hexxon teleported himself, Kaytana, and Calik - who, now in contact with the shadow claw, could follow - to the stands away from the Construct. Of course the attack wouldn't have hit them, being intangible, but now he wouldn't have to deal with floating over a lake of lava.It's working! Hexxon cried in Calik's mind. Try doing that at its head.Now that something seemed to have affected the monster, they had to think of other ways to stop it in its path.

IC: Vertak, Day run Arena:Vertak mumbled a thanks to Zanth as he felt his strength return enough to be useful."Rhindon's right." he put in. "And one of the Team Comet members here is a Skakdi... I don't think there's any others, though." He watched in silence as Calik's attack had a minor effect on the Construct, thinking."If we could get him to do that around the head...." he thought aloud. "And me and that other guy concentrated out gravity on it, Rhindon could probably attack its face."-ibrow

OOC: It's not like describing it won't help, so why not?IC / Day Run / Arena Control Room:“You may have tried,” Swerv said as he opened up a compartment on his chest and looked for something, “But you tried with the bugged out computer system, I meant an outside jammer.”The yellow robot pulled out a small memory stick and mumbled “sorry” to Eryn before hitting the lifeless, robotic body with the tiniest fraction of his EMP before inserting his memory stick into one of her ports. As the systems began to come online once again after the small EMP, the program on the memory stick began to purge Eryn’s body’s system of everything before anything could respond, since it wasn’t capable of eradicating the virus itself, and definitely not in a head on fight.Basically it wiped all latent memory and all the programs installed. The only thing left intact was the hard drive and the coding for reinstalling the operating system, which might still be bugged. As he hooked up his cables to the now repurposed robot, Swerv asked Ehjoras, “Are the frequencies broadcasted from here? If not, do you have any amplifiers lying around?”Swerv paused a moment as he took control of the robot before him. It came online under his control and got to its feet. And only his control, he was not letting it even power itself in case some untouched remnant of the virus remained locked in the hard drive. “There,” the former Toa said, “This robot is now a giant frequency jammer. If we have to cut off the frequency from around those nano-bots instead of just from this booth, then I will need those amplifiers. If that doesn’t work, I have plan B.”

OOC: K.Basically, the entire arena is a large, circular dome, yes? Yes. Since I'm not terribly great at measurements, I won't give specific floor space; but if you have an idea of how big the May Day Stadium is, it's around that, though more space is devoted to the field than the stands. In its standard configuration, where everything is flat and the seven rings of the field are all aligned on the ground, the stands rise about thirty feet off of the ground and run in a circle all around the field; the wall that marks where the stands start is completely solid Protosteel in front of electronics, with the exception of about a dozen entrances that are used for staff and contestant purposes. The dome itself, the roof of the arena, rises about 200 feet into the air from the middle of the field, and consists of ten layers of Protosteel plating along with the electronics that run through it.At the current time, the Construct is standing on the field, which has been transformed into 20-foot-deep sea of lava -- nothing else -- that completely covers its legs up to its knees; if you were standing in the front row of the stands, the bottommost row of seats, then you would be level with the middle of its waist. A few areas of the stands have sections missing from them where the Construct tried to hit or managed to disintegrate either PCs or guards. Likewise, there are two holes in the dome, one that is repairing itself and one that was just made. The guards are focusing on keeping the arena from collapsing through the use of Repair Disks.As for the Construct and virus themselves -- single powered attacks won't work on it. It's currently in attack mode. It seems to be targeting the Control Room. Its powers -- specifically its disintegration beam -- cannot be emulated. The cross-shaped mark on its face appears to be a weak point. Due to its adaptive nanobot nature, it can change its body to accomplish virtually whatever it wishes, be it by absorbing energy, creating mouths or stretching its arms to attack, and changing the configuration of its body. The virus is not like a regular computer virus. Through taking over part of the Day Run mainframe, it has essentially sent the deployed nanobots into a rampant state and disabled the majority of computer functions that could be used against them. Its origin is not known.That help at all? :P I think I may have inadvertently spelled out how to defeat it. :3Anyway, hope you don't mind, Emissary and Greel, but since you put yourselves into a perfect position for me to do something, I'm going to take my chance and steal your characters for a bit. :PIC - Zanth/Rhindon/The Construct - Arena: Zanth frowned, thinking, watching as the Construct reacted to Calik's absorption of heat. The building shook as it retaliated, launching a burst of energy that disintegrated another hole in the ceiling. Perhaps that had actually worked?No. The Construct hadn't finished its action, the Team Zero leader realized -- as Team Comet was about to find out.The rampant nanobots were a collective mind, full of their own sort of knowledge and capable of making incredibly accurate guesses and calculations. That was why, as Team Comet reappeared, the Construct had swung around to where they had emerged, arm swinging up and, by manipulating its density to match that of Hexxon and the others, catching them in a claw, no doubt surprising the trio. The monster -- which was not made of lava -- pulled them toward itself, bringing them in front of the mark on its face.As they watched, a mouth began to form, the 'skin' around its jaw seeming to melt and tear as it opened its maw. Slowly it brought them forward, aiming to devour them."Not good," Zanth said. Willing another platform of earth to appear, he climbed on, gesturing for Vertak to follow. He planted his siphoning claws into the ground. "Rhindon, I'm going to need your help to try something; if it doesn't work, then that Team Comet is doomed. Understand?" He aimed a mace at the Construct; Rhindon aimed himself as well. "In three seconds, launch a beam of shadow, as powerful as you can make it, at that thing. Got it?" He didn't wait for a confirmation. He waited for three seconds; then both fired, a merged beam of plasma and shadow shooting toward the Construct.It was upon the nanobot's arm in seconds. Powered by the energy of the nanobots themselves and by Rhindon's ancient stores of power, plasma and shadow chewed through the thing's arm with ease. If it could have shown surprise, the thing would have, as its own hand let go of Team Comet and fell into the lava fifty feet before. Within seconds, a new hand had formed, though by that point Team Comet had vanished.OOC: I'll respond to Swerv in a moment.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Vertak, Day Run Arena:Vertak watched with his eyes narrowed as the arm fell off and was almost immediately replaced.There was a moment before it replaced itself. Perhaps if we could tear it apart- and scatter it far apart- fast enough, we might stop it. Repeated attacks like Rhindon and Zanth's just now to the cross could help do that. He thought. Our Team Crests are made of nanobots; if that thing made of nanobots can do all this stuff and absorb power, could we do that with our nanobots to power up?That thought sounded extremely appealing to Vertak as a way to retrieve some more of his energy, but he had no idea whether or not he'd lose the ability to use the nanobots as a Crest ever again.If we got those in the control room to find a computer function that does work on disabling it, we could use that. Then while some of us focus our power on the cross, Zanth and Rhindon could tear it apart. He mused. Might be worth a shot.He spoke up to both Zanth and Rhindon:"I might have an idea." he told them. "How about this...."When he was finished explaining it, he waited expectantly for their response.-ibrow

IC: Marx had trouble believing what was happening. If he were back in his home dimension on his home planet and he was with his brother then maybe he would be powerful enough to damage something like the monstrous construct currently in the arena. But he wasn't. He was outmatched. He had to let up on his gravity attack. It had taken a lot out of him. His gravity energy reserves were nearly depleted. He still had plenty of shadow energy left but that did not seem to work on the massive monster. He needed to find others maybe teamwork and multiple powerful attacks from multiple beings would work. He looked around for others.

IC - Zanth/Rhindon/The Construct - Arena: Zanth nodded. "So we use the Crests to our advantage," he said. "Nanobot against nanobot... not a bad idea, Vertak." He turned his attention back to the Construct -- and immediately, leaped out of the way, pulling Rhindon and Vertak with him and onto another platform, as a blast of energy destroyed the earth structure they had been standing on.Zanth landed against the wall of the field, his clawed tentacles weakening the Protosteel walls enough for him to latch on. He looked at Rhindon and Vertak as the Construct prepared to attack again."Get the others together and put that plan into action!" he yelled. "I'll distract it!" As the Construct reached toward him, he fired another blast of plasma at it; this time the attack bounced off of its body, just like those before, though it kept the thing's attention on him while Rhindon teleported Vertak to a safer location. Zanth, meanwhile, pulled himself back into the stands, activating his mask. Transforming his body into what was essentially rubber, he took off, diving and rolling underneath the Construct's arm as it tried to crush him.IC - Ehjoras - Control Room: "No; I don't feel the need to keep amplifiers in here usually, considering this has never been a problem or concern before. The nanobot generator is in a maintenance room underneath the Arena," Ehjoras answered. "It's designed to withstand outside interference, though; even with amplifiers it's going to be next to impossible to jam the signals being sent out, assuming the virus isn't already operating from the nanobots themselves.""Ehjoras! What in Karzahni's name is going on?" The Pha-Matoran lokoed at the doorway. Kerid stood there, an irritated expression on her face from what she had heard."Sorry, Kerid," he said. "I don't know how, but some sort of virus has gotten into our systems; we've traced it back to the mainframe, but it's locked us out. We're working on sorting out the issue," The room shook. Kerid shifted her gaze to the window that overlooked the field, eyes widening slightly. Ehjoras shrugged helplessly. "It's affecting the nanobots, mainly.""Indeed it is," the Tournament Organizer growled. Turning around, she shouldered her ax, heading toward the field to help.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png