What is Your Ideal First Date?

Trevsky

This is more of a fun quirky topic for you guys to answer the inquiry posted in the title. Feel free to sound away.Obviously, there is potential for this to veer into areas that are not so good for BZP. Avoid that as you normally would under the BZP rules, or the report hammer shall fall upon thee without mercy.

Edited by Derpman!

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

I'm kinda boring. I'm the kinda guy that would just sit there and talk to you. Ideal first date? To get to know the other person better. I'm not much for formalities. Restaurants don't impress me nor do I want to go there, going to the movies won't allow you to have a conversation with your date etc. I think I'd love to drive around, drive anywhere for hours on end, not knowing where we're going and just talking. And if you're hungry you could stop by a gas station or a store and get something to eat. Nothing fancy, not a huge meal, just something to eat. And then you can continue the deep conversation. Am I the only one that thinks that's a wonderful evening?

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I'm kinda boring. I'm the kinda guy that would just sit there and talk to you.Ideal first date? To get to know the other person better. I'm not much for formalities. Restaurants don't impress me nor do I want to go there, going to the movies won't allow you to have a conversation with your date etc.I think I'd love to drive around, drive anywhere for hours on end, not knowing where we're going and just talking. And if you're hungry you could stop by a gas station or a store and get something to eat. Nothing fancy, not a huge meal, just something to eat. And then you can continue the deep conversation.Am I the only one that thinks that's a wonderful evening?
Oh god no no noI can't force the relationship, it needs time to grow and nurture. If we get along fine it doesn't matter much how much we have in common or anything [and hey, I'm a BZPer, she doesn't have anything in common with me anyways]Anyways Ironheart is winning the threadBut me naw I'm old fashioned I like just a dinner and a movie. If dinner goes good then the movie goes great, but if dinner goes bad then the movie is just two hours of black so its ok

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

A first date would usually be something simple like going for a coffee or just walking through your town centre or a park. As long as communication happens!Basically, depending on what kind of woman you're with, you may either have the make the commitment of pretending to give a toss about animals, smiling a lot and/or forcing an interest in women's clothes.But to be honest, I've encountered very few females like that that I've been interested in. Basically, as long as you talk easy, and you like each other, then you're good to go! The last person I went on a date with was an attractive Punk/Goth girl, and a recurring aspect of conversation revolved around people she thoughroughly disliked, and whom apparently "need to die". She didn't like the word "Awesomesauce", she had a #####y relationship with her step sister (who is my friend and how I met her), and I keep wondering to this day if she's a tad racist. She was a fine example of the phrase "It's not all about looks".Basically what I'm saying is, get to know them. If you find them attractive but don't like their personality, then get a jetpack and escape their world...!

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

I think going to the movie theater or somewhere similarly casual would be a good first date (or first pre-date, or hangout, or whatever you young folks call them nowadays). The film would give you something to talk about and perhaps even start a discussion that leads into more personal territory that lets both of you learn more about the other.

My ideal first date is probably a bit too poetic and high-budget (aside from the last part of it not being suitable for BZP at all).
...I was afraid someone was going to bring that up.I've always wanted to have a date which ended with the two of us having a lively, philosophical debate.-Void
YES!!! philosophical debates are awesome. plus if you can disagree on something and not hate each other, that's a good start.as for me... um... yeah..... that would require asking a girl out.... and i can't even accomplish that.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

One where I don't turn into a stuttering, blushing, quivering wreck. That'd be nice.Or one where she doesn't turn into a bear or Lovecraftian beast from beyond the stars. I hate it when that happens.
Ironically, these are the two ways I suspect any date of mine could go. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ah, good to see I'm not alone in not having had a first date. I was kind of vague on that in my first post on purpose. But seeing as I've now posted twice in this topic, I may as well answer properly. One where there is actually something we both enjoy to talk about. A movie would probably make things less awkward and give me an excuse to put my arm around her. XDAssuming she doesn't call sexual harassment and smack me, which has luckily never actually happened to me.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

looking through some of these replies, I'm beginning to suspect that everything these kids know about dating comes from radio pop and/or MTV..

I'm kinda boring. I'm the kinda guy that would just sit there and talk to you.Ideal first date? To get to know the other person better. I'm not much for formalities. Restaurants don't impress me nor do I want to go there, going to the movies won't allow you to have a conversation with your date etc.I think I'd love to drive around, drive anywhere for hours on end, not knowing where we're going and just talking. And if you're hungry you could stop by a gas station or a store and get something to eat. Nothing fancy, not a huge meal, just something to eat. And then you can continue the deep conversation.Am I the only one that thinks that's a wonderful evening?
this post I largely agree with, although like Bfa below it'd be preferable if I already knew the person to some extent before going out with them.honestly just chilling and hanging out, talking and such is all I'd really ever want Edited by Orino Ryuujin

Hanging around, chatting, maybe watching a movie or playing a game. Ideally I'd already have known the person for a while so the "getting to know them" would have been mostly taken care of, since jumping into a relationship with someone I've just met isn't appealing to me.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

looking through some of these replies, I'm beginning to suspect that everything these kids know about dating comes from radio pop and/or MTV.
For what it's worth, I don't listen to pop radio, nor have I ever laid eyes on MTV for more than about three seconds at a time. Though as I'm not entirely sure I count as a "kid," I suppose the jury's still out on whether I should be responding to your comment at all :PStill, I may as well clarify that my earlier post did indeed come directly from my head, based upon the fact that I already enjoy going on lengthy strolls in the dead of night, so a lady who also enjoys going on lengthy strolls in the dead of night is probably someone I could get along with fairly well.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

looking through some of these replies, I'm beginning to suspect that everything these kids know about dating comes from radio pop and/or MTV.
For what it's worth, I don't listen to pop radio, nor have I ever laid eyes on MTV for more than about three seconds at a time. Though as I'm not entirely sure I count as a "kid," I suppose the jury's still out on whether I should be responding to your comment at all :PStill, I may as well clarify that my earlier post did indeed come directly from my head, based upon the fact that I already enjoy going on lengthy strolls in the dead of night, so a lady who also enjoys going on lengthy strolls in the dead of night is probably someone I could get along with fairly well.
oh nah I actually thought your post was one of the better of the bunch, if a bit unusual at the same time Edited by Orino Ryuujin

Ha, I would've said 16 and under :PAnother 'first date' idea I had, incidentally, was to climb a tree. And then stay there for a while. Maybe drop some twigs and leaves onto the unsuspecting passersby below.Gosh, I'm cheap xD

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Well... I've dated quite a few girls(I know, shocker!), I'm just not good at holding long relationships. My ideal first date? Probably just hanging out at one of our houses, playing my guitar and piano for her, just getting to know each other better before things get too serious.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Another 'first date' idea I had, incidentally, was to climb a tree. And then stay there for a while.
I want to change mine to this. Sitting in trees is an underappreciated pastime. And I've often found sitting around and doing absolutely nothing, not even talking, to be an incredibly enjoyable experience if it's alongside someone you like spending time with.

OpAXNpl.jpg

looking through some of these replies, I'm beginning to suspect that everything these kids know about dating comes from radio pop and/or MTV..
this post I largely agree with, although like Bfa below it'd be preferable if I already knew the person to some extent before going out with them.honestly just chilling and hanging out, talking and such is all I'd really ever want
I agree with this largely, but there is a difference between knowing someone and being friends with them for a while and being their significant other. I've had several good friends who ended up being poor options for girlfriends. It all depends, so that's why the first couple dates are a trial period of sorts for me.But yeah, just talking, maybe a casual dinner, a movie - depending on what's playing - and then just chilling out for the rest of the night and taking things easy. The last first date I was on ended in an innocent cuddle, and it ended up being the best relationship of my life.Yes, I'm a cuddler. No shame.-Teezy Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hanging around, chatting, maybe watching a movie or playing a game. Ideally I'd already have known the person for a while so the "getting to know them" would have been mostly taken care of, since jumping into a relationship with someone I've just met isn't appealing to me.
This. So much. I met someone recently and although we hung out on three-four separate occasions and talked, I truly did not know her. While I did like her, she wanted to move things too quickly and I wanted to be friends first. There wasn't any spark for a relationship. I didn't feel anything between us, yet she wanted to be in a relationship. I simply liked her and wanted to get to know here because she was awesome. I can't justify being in a relationship with someone I've just met, and especially if there isn't that feeling when you really like someone.
Another 'first date' idea I had, incidentally, was to climb a tree. And then stay there for a while.
I want to change mine to this. Sitting in trees is an under-appreciated pastime. And I've often found sitting around and doing absolutely nothing, not even talking, to be an incredibly enjoyable experience if it's alongside someone you like spending time with.
See. This is what needed to happen.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I've never actually been on a date. Nor have a ever asked a girl out. But if I ever did, my ideal first date would probably consist of seeing a movie, eating at a fast food restaurant, and then playing a video game or two at either her house or mine.Yeah, probably not the best first date ever, but that's what I would plan to do.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

this post I largely agree with, although like Bfa below it'd be preferable if I already knew the person to some extent before going out with them.honestly just chilling and hanging out, talking and such is all I'd really ever want
I'm just assuming that wasn't directed at me. as my tastes in music are definitely not that. and i do not watch MTV.though i will admit if I ever find a girl that shares my taste in music... A guy can hope right?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group