Team Fortress 2

JiMing

I have discovered one simple and obvious fact.The Spy is the most fun ever.It really does make you think differently, instead of charging blindly at the enemy, the Spy makes you try and maneuver around the main battle using your cloak smartly, and makes you try to pick the right disguise at the right time while trying to blend in. It's quite refreshing.I have to say, I love my Diamondback, the sapper crits can effectively stop anyone trying to kill you after you successfully sap a building. I don't see why more people use it.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I have to say, I love my Diamondback, the sapper crits can effectively stop anyone trying to kill you after you successfully sap a building. I don't see why more people use it.
For me, it's because the Ambassador lets me have crits at any time with a carefully aimed headshot. After using it for a while, I've gotten quite good at it.

I'm a fan of the Diamondback myself, but I can think of a few reasons why people don't use it.1. Its upside requires the enemy team to be using a certain class. Until that class is present, you're wielding a weaker Revolver.2. Said upside requires the successful sabotage of that class, something that isn't always easy to pull off, especially if they're wary.3. If people wanted to shoot crits as Spy, they'd use the Ambassador. It has less reliance on who the enemy is playing as and can crit whenever. They just need to aim.4. If people just wanted to shoot everything as Spy, they'd use the Enforcer. It has minimal prerequisites to use a damage bonus that ticked people off for almost a year.It's a nice revolver and certainly has its uses, but it's outshined by its alternatives.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I usually use the ambassador, as most of my games take place on 2fort. If I'm a bit lucky, I can go on a Spy rampage and dominate the other team's snipers with the ambassador and my knife (silly razorbacks thinking they are safe) until they finally switch classes, at which point I leave.Because without fail they become a soldier that can sense my location, or a Pyro that just shoots fire EVERYWHERE.-ibrow

Mann vs Machine update today!New tours!New Botkillers!New Bots!New maps! New matchmaking stuff!I've only played a couple missions of the easier ones, but I've already encountered Scorch Shot Pyros, giant Huo Long Heater Heavies, and perma-boosted Concheror Soldiers. I've also heard tell that the Pyros are ligthing the Bowmen's arrows now. The new Botkillers look pretty tight, too. I'm excited for MvM's future!

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I haven't played MvM in a while. A lack of time and a lack of people willing to play. I really want those Botkiller Mediguns (for my Medic weapon collection), but since I'm unwilling to trade for/buy Mann Up tickets, I don't think I'll be getting them.New bots are cool, but that Fan O'War nerf makes me very upset. It was fine. Leave it as it was.As for Spy, I play Stock Spy. Knife, Revolver, Invis Watch. Sometimes I use the Dead Ringer but I switch between the two so I can practise. I'm an awful Spy though.

So, anyone thinking we'll get a Manniversary update later today like last year?I'm hoping so, because there are rumors abound that the combustible lemon flare gun for the Pyro in the TF2 workshop is going to be included as a promo item of some sort.I need that combustible lemon launcher.-ibrow

Is it your only YER? If so, you then have to consider what you prefer for your Spy.Do you like having silent kills and instantaneous disguising at the cost of your disguise kit or would you prefer temporary Pyro immunity at the cost of backstabbing and leaving cute statues everywhere?Both are very useful knives and make for some interesting Spy gameplay. I'm more keen to use the Spy-cicle since I like the ability to disguise whenever, but I always fumble around with my weapons when a Pyro appears and I end up dead anyway. So I just use my Black Rose. It's pretty.Or was this more about how you now have 1 refined and want to save it for something other than weapons?In other news, the second Manniversary is upon us! Prices reduced for a lot of things! Including the wedding rings! NOTIFICATIONS EVERY 30 SECONDS!!! :plain:

Edited by ShenanAgain
There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I meant one reclaimed metal, sorry.I really cannot imagine not being able to disguise manually, at least with the default Invis Watch. All I'm wondering is because I have one reclaimed, which weapon could I craft? I looked up recipes, and the Spy-Cicle came up. I'm just asking whether I should toss together a reclaimed and a YER.And yes, I only have one YER.

Edited by XIV. Xion

Are you rubbish at Spy, or just learning the class? If so, I'd recommend the spycicle as it'll allow you to better adjust to the class, since you'll be able to disguise whenever. With YER, it's far more challenging and you need to make the most of every opportunity.I gotta say, the Manniversary was rather disappointing compared to last year.-ibrow

Sorta both. I'm new to the game overall, so I barely know how to play Spy.Also, which Revolver should I use for Spy? Besides the vanilla Revolver, I have the Ambassador, the Diamondback, and the L'Etranger.

Last time I played tf2 was a few weeks after MvM. I played a LOT of MvM with friends.I was playing today while running around being a demoman. I'm still half-decent. Though I find the new steam match making service seems to really suck for me. Looking for games manually seems to work well once you overlook all those achievement/idle servers.

Majhost sucks

Manniversary SUCKED. I counted 22 marriages yesterday. And no new Medic weapons. Still.As for Spies, stick to normal knife. YER is okay, but you need to be a GOOD Spy to use it. The Spycicle is okay, but you often overextend yourself with it, and then you die anyway. Revolver-wise, if you have good aim, use the Ambassador. Otherwise use the normal revolver.Trust me. I have a friend who plays Spy in competitive Highlander.

Indeed! I'm all hyped to lead a raccoon army against the legions of the undead now!The relationship between Soldier and Merasmus is becoming one of my favorites in TF2, up there with the (mostly hypothetical) awkward interactions between Scout and Spy. Though, I'm a bit miffed that this year's Halloween event is basically "Soldier angered a magician" again.

Edited by ShenanAgain
There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

Scream Fortress is LIVE! We've got new MvM, zombies, a huge angry scary wizard boss dude who will kill us all, a booby trapped control point (wut), spells with pain effects for our weapons that I hope aren't limited to Scream Fortress, and private gifts that we don't have to race everyone for!-ibrow

The site says it ends November 8th, so no worries.But oh man, L4D2 free weekend, SMNC Halloween gear, and the Scream Fortress update dropping today; so much for being productive :biggrin:

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

Officially comfirmed by the looks of it - Lakeside is the lucky KOTH map getting a reskin this year! Aw, heck yeah! Called it.Also, probably the best one too, and not just because I knew it was going to happen. I wouldn't mind a reskin of Coldfront for next year's Halloween though.-ibrow

"YOU! ARE! GODS!... wait, nonononono!"I'm loving Merasmus in this update! Just wish he was a smidge easier to kill, though; I've only seen him die twice in the many encounters I've had. Still more fun than MONOCULUS.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I've only seen him killed once, but at the same time, I can't seem to find a server where people aren't too busy killing each other as well. =P It probably doesn't help that I was Engineer for a few hours, gunning the entire enemy team down by accident with my sentry gun.That said, I have the skull island hat, and I also have two of the zombie skins - and my Demoman one is haunted quality! I'm really liking Lakeside, as usual, but I think I preferred Monoculus. Viaduct is one of my favourite maps in the game, and Eyeaduct was even better, since every time Monoculus teleported you could go to the Underworld. No Underworld with Merasmus. :|-ibrow

I gotta say, when I'm playing Pyro and Merasmus forces everyone to do the thriller taunt, I am in heaven. You have no idea how satisfying it is to set every single player on the other team on fire, and then get an assist or kill on every single one of them.Also, eerie crates are freaking rare, geez. I've only found one so far.-ibrow

I've got a couple updates that no one cares about.First of all, I've crafted an Enforcer! I am happy! Second, I've received a Seal Mask and a Tail from the Crypt. I just attached the tail, which is hardly noticeable, and the Seal Mask too, so that I now look awkward forever. HahahahaIS FUNNY TO ME

Well, I'm ShenanAgain. As far as I know, I'm the only ShenanAgain, if you're wondering who just attempted to add you earlier.If anyone else cares, they can add me too.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down