What Grinds your Gears?

This is a place to talk about all the stuff that is currently making you angry, ticked off etc. Some people need to vent their problems, and physically writing them down can help.So... What grinds your gears?For example you can put GMG? then go into what your problem is. This thread is not for slandering other people due to their problems, keep it clean, and follow all of the rules of BZP.I'll start. GMG? The fact that I have to go back to class in a little bit.

I'm not sure if this kind of topic is allowed. It's kind of an of the moment thing, and people bringing their personal problems onto a forum will cause others to give advice and such, which I know isn't allowed. lol

Edited by Quote (Mr. Traveler)

I'm not sure if this kind of topic is allowed. It's kind of an of the moment thing, and people bringing their personal problems onto a forum will cause others to give advice and such, which I know isn't allowed. lol
Giving advice isn't allowed?You know what grinds MY gears? Mini mods. Indecisive mini mods at that.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Why would be giving constructive advice not allowed?Anyways if this topic is not allowed then sadface, but if it is then cool.GMG? Closing at work. It's the worst thing ever. I have to do everything by myself, its very stressful, especially if my drawer is short on money, and I have to clock out early because they will yell at me if I take too long to close, and I end up doing an hour of work for NO money.

School. No, I don't have a problem with homework or teachers or getting up in the morning, I'm not 12. What I do hate however is that schools are supposed to, quote, "encourage free, creative, critical and independent thinking". The American school model which is founded on the belief that competition, discipline and drinking the kool-aid. That is no way to teach individuals how to learn. Schools don't reward intelligence, it rewards hard work. Work you better do with your eyes closed, ears sharp and mouth shut. No questions, no thinking, no nothing. Just listen to the authority. Don't resist, just surrender. I'm a smart kid, but I don't deserve to be treated like a low-life just because I actually want to do real work. Work that actually promotes free thinking and intelligence. People should be encouraged to do what they're good at, not be forced to be good at something they clearly don't master. You wouldn't tell J.K. Rowling to stop writing works of art just because it's not on the school's agenda to write revolutionary pieces of literature. But sadly, this is the world we live in. The modern society. The free society. Thank you for letting me vent this.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

The fact that being a nice person is still not a social norm, and random niceness is seen as something used for personal gain.
I'd blame modern greed, but it seems everyone's greedy anyway.Anyway,wrgmg.jpgThat since I'm about as much a procrastinator as Leonardo Di Vinci, I can't get anything finished at home.

I have a few.-In America we have this joke about the current generation where "everyone gets a trophy". It seems like everytime someone wins something, it seems as though you have to downplay it. There was even a time during a school basketball game where the end score was 100 to 2, staggering victory right? Well guess what, people attacked the couch of the winning team for being "too hard" on the other team. Or sometimes people will rig a system to be easier in such a way that you can't really say you won legitimately.-Political Correctness, I really don't care if people want to be offensive or be honest, I actually prefer that. But even then it is taken way too far to the point where even some words or ideas are censored, or at least attempted to be, because it will cause a disturbance in the status quo, or might offend someone even 1 person (I have heard of long established and harmless things being stopped altogether simply because literally 1 person complained).-People who will not recognize an argument as valid because of the way it was presented, even if it was factually correct.-People or organizations who will try and "solve" and/or "cure" something they might call a "disorder" or similar even though the problem is really only social.-People who believe they are unshakably or undoubtedly correct and then decide to act on it as though this perspective is grounded in some sort of objective morality, at least this applies to every example I can think of at the moment of this post.-People who will take something and twist it to an agenda.-Any action or law that in any way censors freedom of speech.-People who will take great offense to/label you stupid for being wrong about something that really is not that important. Then they act like not having the correct answer to this unimportant question is somehow a measure of intelligence.-People who seem to think they know you better then you do or "know" what you are thinking, and/or those who think they can "read" you.-I know this can possibly be arbitrary in some cases but, people who will look for discrimination in something that was never intended to be discriminating or trying to make it seem like it is no matter how ridiculous (For example, "What's this!? A female soldier is taking orders from a male officer!? SEXIST!").That is all I have for the moment.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

GMG? Being injured, in any way shape fashion or form. When I'm feeling my physical best, I can indulge in all of the freedom and movement I want, but being forced to sit and allow my body to heal from some injury that I gained for whatever reason just irks me. I'd rather just keep moving through the pain, but I have to think of 40 year old me, who will look back and hate me for being so foolish. It's particularly irksome when the injury just sounds ignorable, like an injured big toe. But soon enough, you realize that the little injury is a huge hindrance. Instant fury.Also? Comic-Con prep work. So much to do, so little time.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Come to think of it, people who are overly critical of pop culture. Like if someone votes Romney and you're an Obama guy, I can understand wanting to debate somebody there, but if I like LMFAO and you're one of those guys who only listens to stuff their parents listened to, it's uncalled for for you to call me an inbred and say you have no faith in the human race because Justin Bieber is popular.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Come to think of it, people who are overly critical of pop culture. Like if someone votes Romney and you're an Obama guy, I can understand wanting to debate somebody there, but if I like LMFAO and you're one of those guys who only listens to stuff their parents listened to, it's uncalled for for you to call me an inbred and say you have no faith in the human race because Justin Bieber is popular.
dis guy got itbutthurt in general bothers me. stop caring about insignificant things, it makes u a weenie
nhsYE.jpg

Most of the football player at my school. I play for a different team then all the others, so it's like I'm an auto-target for all of their insults. It's not like my teams doing well, were 2-3 and their 4-1, but they don't have to rub it in. I'm able to roll with it, but im not sure how much longer i can.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Strange music (covers most music these days), hypocrites, people in authority who make you obey as if their authority alone is any reason to do what they're saying, snooty people, bossy people, bad-tempered people, dietary extremists, money/politics obsessed people, overly radical people ("This system sucks. We must uproot it and bring in CHANGE NOW."), people who don't at least listen to what you say whether they agree or not, activists against certain movies, videogames, and toys, making merchandise and media with the potential to be epic "suitable for children" (And I mean in terms of action and plot. I do not want loads of sexual content in my movies.), living stereotypes, and...I seriously slaggin' hate it when I get really good at something, and everyone takes notice, and then wait one week to do it again. Do it again, and I somehow have lost most of my skill. What the karz.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Sitting next to Abas. He fiddles and talks and winds up even our teacher, Mrs Adae. Even Christine agrees.In fact I get so annoyed that I get into trouble.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 weeks later...

School. I have no problem with homework or anything like that. I just hate how some teachers can be complete ######. I just got a scratch on my permanent record because I refused to get in trouble for something that i didn't do. I DID lose it and start swearing at him, but he just used my referral as a threat to the other students to stay in line, or else they will end up like me. That is just an abuse of a teacher's power and I absolutely cannot stand when people do that.

Edited by -Windrider-

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Hmmm...-People who try to get others to make their literature more acceptable-People who think movies/TV/video games/books should have more/less violence, sexuality, or language. Take it the way it is, unless used completely unnecessarily it does not make or break a story.-People who say stuff like "I don't know much about Zelda. I just know he wears green and has a sword."-Fearing for the lives of my favorite Walking Dead characters (hang in there guys!)

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

snapback.pngKanye West, on Oct 19 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:snapback.pngThe_Shawn_Legend, on Oct 19 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:When people act like tough guys over the internet.I'll have you know I'm a Navy Seal who's been on numerous raids to Al-Qaeda and have over 300 confirmed kills.I fought off a tiger using nothing but dental floss to protect myself. nbd.
Prepare to be amazed, I once defeated 30 ninjas with a blindfold while climbing Mount Everest with nothing but shorts and some tennis shoes.

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.