Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]

Faraxa watched Jaron leave untill he was lost in the crowd outside the building, and even then, continued to stare in that direction for a time longer. Now she had to think. To make a decision. To stay or to go. To take a chance or be certain. Almost immeadiately she knew exactly what she wanted to do. It was a simple decision. But that was the problem. What if it was too simple? Was she not thinking it through enough?

Would it actually be better?

There was too much uncertainty. Too much she didn't have time to plan for. With a sigh, Faraxa dropped back down into her chair, running a hand through her hair. It wasn't like she had anywhere else to go, the Jedi Temple is- was her only home. But it could be again. It could go back to normal.

But the Devaronian knew, deep down, that it would never be the same again. Not after what happened. But it would still be the Temple, right?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Alright. Apologies for my sudden absence. I had....things to deal with.*

*Some people tried to step in on my interplanetary smuggling business. Had to deal with them. The Martian Communists are so very accommodating about this sort of thing. Good folk. If you want to make an arms deal, go to them. :P

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)

The Kaleesh were swift and sure as they maneuvered between the trees and vines that made of this part of their home world The mingled cries of hundreds of animals sang throughout the forest, testified to the high concentration of life this part of the planet entertained. The Kaleesh, despite how close and vicious some of those cries sounded, were unconcerned, leading the bounty hunters on a merry trip throughout the jungle without so much as a hint of concern. It was suddenly very easy to understand how a relatively primitive and ill-equipped group of guerrilla fighters had managed to hold off the Huk and even take back ground on a few occasions. The Huk were conventional fighters, used to operating with armor support and fleet support....and this was not that kind of war. The Kaleesh were making sure of that with every dirty trick they could think of.

After an hour of brisk travel, the Kaleesh group and their charges halted in a seemingly empty clearing. Chianu held up his hand and gestured for silence, bringing any conversation to a swift end. Then slowly, with great precision, he walked up to a tree...and opened it. Revealing a control panel built into it. With a few harsh words whispered into the radio and a few code phases, a small door opened in the side of the hill. It was suddenly quite clear how an entire army had managed to hide from the Huk. There was series of underground bunkers running throughout the jungle, it was the only thing that made sense at this point. The Kaleesh were a canny race indeed.

Chianu gestured to the door. "Quickly. Quickly. We must hurry."

IC (Trade Federation Rep)

The Dug shrugged and gestured to the droids on either side of him. "If I might do a poor imitation of sales rep...the new B1 model is supposed to be a vast upgrade to the battle droid market in general. Cheap, easy to produce and undeniably effective. It has performed beyond all expectations in livefire exercises and against pirates...but we both know that that is not a true test of a warriors mettle. Yes. We are going to field test them....and..." The Dug's eyes flashed, revealing their cybernetic nature. "If you are who the database says you are, you might be fighting besides them. Pre is very adamant about that."

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)

Talivu grinned. "The war goes well. The Huk founder like children against our warriors. Their patrols are not prepared for the kind of war we bring them and our soldiers claim many trophies." The grin faded however and in a slightly sullen tone of voice he went on. "Unfortunately, they have begun to send in armored battalions. We don't have the firepower to stand up to them....yet."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Cyare

Cyare's eyes narrowed. "That would mean that there is a database entry on us. And a detailed enough one to make a guess at our abilities."

I don't think I like anyone having that much information on me.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Trade Federation Rep)

The representative shrugged. "You did work for the bounty hunters guild at some point yes? They keep profiles on everyone. We purchase them before we hire anyone on...background checks and such as. Wouldn't do to hire a vicious anti-corporate hunter now would it?" The Dug clearly thought this was of little importance, more of an everyday event then anything else. Information was always for sale, just a matter of finding it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Cabur:

"And yet the knowledge is of our work, and only of our work. Nothing personal." Cabur placed a firm hand on Cyare's shoulder, a simple gesture that would hold greater meaning than the usual for any hunter or mercenary.

"Which means we can remain calm and not worry about it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Ahem. *begun. *went.

...A grin would probably also not be visible on a Kaleesh, unless they've relaxed the 'wear a mask most of the time' thing.

IC(Kalee, Day Eleven): The leader of the warriors from the desert bowed his head, acknowledging the news.

"If that is so, then we must pray that the Khagan has a plan to change that fact. What do you know of what is planned?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Cyare's expression relaxed, morphing from the look of a hunter narrowing in on a target to her usual emotionless mask. The slight tensing of her muscles relaxed, her overall body language assuming an almost bored stance. But in the depths of her eyes, a wary gleam remained.

"Of course."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Glekru, TF NPC)

A look of concern crossed the Dug's face, though the expression wouldn't be recognizable by any human standard. "I have offended you. Apologies." Glekru didn't understand the people of this world, he freely admitted that. He had been a commander in the Dug Royal Guard, a soldier in countless minor corporate wars and finally, he had earned his position in the upper echelons of the Trade Defense Force. He was practical pragmatic...in his line of work, he had to be. These Mandalorians were a different sort. A very different sort. He found he had to walk on eggshells far more then he would like around them.

IC (Talivu)

Talivu gestured to the stripped shuttle in the clearing below. "Heavy weapons with compliments from the Trade Federation. They take their code of conduct....seriously. Much to the benefit of our warriors."

IC(Kalee, Day Eleven): The desert Kaleesh looked at the shuttle, noting several prominent places where important things used to be attached to the shuttle.

"Ah. And this will, you think, be sufficient to deal with the new forces the Huk have arrayed against us? What role are the bounty hunters to play? There is much, it seems, that one does not hear in the desert."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)

"Perhaps. The great Khagan believes it will....he has said, on many occasions, that this conflict will be coming to a head soon. The divine one feels that he has stumbled upon the key to winning this conflict....though he has not seen fit to enlighten us as yet. The hunters are representatives of the Federation, observers, they are here to prove the Huk have violated the code of conduct....and, if I have understood what little I have read of this code correctly, a violation of sufficient size can be met with...a degree of force."

"There is nothing to apologize for. Logically, it is obvious you would try and obtain as much information as possible. I have some personal opinions on the matter." There was a pause for a moment. "Said are irrelevant to the topic at hand, however."

How long does this lift go for?

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Hint taken. :P

IC (Glekru)

The Dug was about to reply when the turbolift screeched to a halt and the doors slid open, revealing a spacious dining room stretching beyond it. Small displays of art and scenes from the history of the planet made up most of the furnishing but at the end of the room, beyond a large table laden down with food and silverware, was a large set of windows that seemed to take almost the entire wall. For the security-conscious Pre to have such a weakness (or seeming weakness) in his defense was somewhat shocking. The view however, from the windows was spectacular, the entire countryside stretched before the tower...and one could see nearly all of it from the windows.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: Hmmm. It seems my subtlety is lacking when sleep deprived. Have to analyze this phenomenon when I'm not about to crash and burn. :P

Cyare stepped out of the lift slowly, eyes scanning the room. The windows drew her attention most, a jarring difference from the paranoia laden atmosphere of the estate. Such a difference, in fact, that it was almost certain there was something at work to compensate for the security's weak point.

Her attention shifted quickly, however. The windows were not her concern. What was her concern, was their new client, who was not immediately evident. On the other hand, the table's state indicated that he was not far off.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Emulating the Vietcong is almost always a wise tactic. Unless of course your enemy is the Locust. Then they can outdo you in the tunnel department. Do your best emulate the Space Marines then. Oh. And pray. Alot. It won't help, but it might make you feel better.

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)

It soon became apparent this bunker was just a solid nexus, most of the tunnels were dirt and timber affairs...able to be dug and collapsed quickly. The Huk would have a heck of a time pinning down the Kaleesh even if they located the tunnels. The Trade Federation hunters would be guided through the small complex, which was teeming with activity. Weapons being repaired, medics tending to the wounded....and most interestingly, a few Hunter-Seeker Droids being repaired and assembled into....something else. If one of the hunters knew their bombs, they'd recognize miniaturized nuclear warheads if they saw them.

OOC: Pre post coming up next.

OOC: The holidays have been rough on this RPG, With the new year coming up, I'm of the belief that an upswing is due. Gonna try and update this post later today with furthering of plans.

IC: Levi, Coruscant - Jedi Temple, Day One

"Your praise is most appreciated, Erif. I thank you for being willing to teach me." Levi responded, head bowed humbly.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: (Erif, Day One)Erif nodded. "My pleasure." The Knight looked thoughtfully at the swords, picking up his beaten, but still very sharp, blade and sheathing it at his waist. "I'm gonna go for a walk. I need some time to think." The Twi'lek walked out of the temple, toward no where in particular.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Name: Lert Grotar

Species: Skakoan

Home Planet: born Unknown, assumed Mechis III, current residence: Planet of endless wastes within the Unknown Regions

Occupation: Rogue Prospector, Engineer/Scientist, former starship captain, Income: Nihil

Abilities: Expert Survivalist, Master Mechanic/design, Master of Planetary studies/anthropological,geological, Chemical Engineer,physicist, Rudimentary Physician (Former) except for survival, plays the Omnibox

Force Abilities: Not aware but prevalent in very small degrees

Equipment: Pressure suit with built in fusion cutters/ repair items and (faulty) flamethrower

Weapons: faulty flamethrower, outdated heavy-blaster rifle, collection of Pulse grenades, personal droids for defence

Personality: Construed to be insane, erratic, avoidant, anti-social, distant and silent

History: Lert had once been apart of an elite group of scientists/colonists who had been dispatched by the ancient Galactic Republic to survey, map and give complete anthropological studies of planets within the "Unknown Regions" in order to get into contact with new species/ minerals/ energy sources and plants. He had been the appointed director of the expeditions technological/engineering/exploration studies along with outfitting, designing new exploratory equipment and vehicles/ships. He had also designed enhanced life support systems for his compatriots in exchange for a hefty payout. The name of his rather large freighter/exploration ship had been: Wandering Duros. After one particularly excrutiating expedition, the crew of the Wandering Duros had contracted a highly infectious fungal virus that had slowly gripped the vessel even for time affecting Lert himself. All those at the beginning of the journey had passed except for Lert who had at the 11th hour discovered a temporary antidote to reduce the fatal effects of the virus. Soon his ship had run out of energy and he was force to land on a barren planet/system of the unknown regions he had dubbed the Firdia system after his daughter he had left behind him. On this planet "Firdia" he has stayed for over 19 generations and continues to live to this day, partially debilitated with harsh breathing and a lost leg (replaced by a bionic one he had built himself) building up a crude outpost at the base of mountain were he stays hidden away meditating and biding his time scavaging, building and designing and experimenting profusely on local fauna.

Name: Wandering Duros

Model: Exploration of his own design model numbered: W-EX300 experimental exploratory transport

Function: Exploration, Transport, Heavy Freighter

Weapons: Outfitted with two forward Dual laser cannons and rear laser chain gun

Modifications: none completely custom

History: She had been outfitted with an advanced custom hyperdrive, communications and information/datagathering system, complete with full mapping system and starcharts and a thick 1 kilometer wide hull making her a very slow ship, current status: refitted into Laboratory, forward station outpost with all transport capacities disabled.

OOC: Sorry to raise everyone's hopes-no IC this time-but I do have a plan. The ambition of this RPG is that it will react organically to player choice. Nothing set in stone and all that.

That said, it is dying. I'll say that right now, for whatever reason people are losing interest. This is my fault, not the fault of any player or my staff, who have been invaluable to me in these times. That said, I have not been idle. The galaxy is a powder keg right now, anything could push it over the edge and there is no need to stick to canon events. That said, I won't make this step without first consulting you, the players. With your permission, I will set in motion a series of events that will make the galaxy....much more interesting. These won't be immutable, it is always possible to step back from the brink, but it is evident this RPG needs something else to center around. A central conflict.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Seems alright. Approved.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: Hurgle blurgle, I had perfectly valid reasons for disappearing. What do you say I go ahead and timeskip past the cargo-loading with the Credit situation and get straight to ferrying the crew to where they were going?

...Also, I would like some idea (via PM, please) of what your plan is before I cast my vote (Yes I know this is not a democracy) on it. Some of your plans are brick-eating crazy/inappropriate for the setting and feel of Star Wars and better suited to something with significantly more Lovecraft.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Hurgle blurgle, I had perfectly valid reasons for disappearing. What do you say I go ahead and timeskip past the cargo-loading with the Credit situation and get straight to ferrying the crew to where they were going?

...Also, I would like some idea (via PM, please) of what your plan is before I cast my vote (Yes I know this is not a democracy) on it. Some of your plans are brick-eating crazy/inappropriate for the setting and feel of Star Wars and better suited to something with significantly more Lovecraft.

OOC: You know, you can get some pretty creepy, Lovecraftian stuff in Star Wars. Look at Mnggal-Mnggal. Or Waru. The Blackwing virus, and other things possible in Star Wars.

Though, as you probably already know, it isn't anything like that at all. Compared to Lovecraft, one might call it mundane.

profiles i guess

OOC: I know this. Basilisk considered having Mnggal-Mnggal play a larger role in this RPG. As there was already some concern from prospective players about the game not having the Star Wars feel (some felt that it had drifted too far into Firefly territory), such ideas were scrapped.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Alright. Having chatted with a few people by PM, I'm going to go ahead with this. Is everyone alright a timeskip to the time of the hearing? I promise you'll get that battle with the Death Watch Otter. We'll just say they were harder to track then expected.

OOC: You still haven't answered my question regarding the whole Credit/Albatross situation. Otto's got a job to do, and until the galaxy explodes he's going to keep doing it. He'll keep doing it then, too, he just won't get paid.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yes. Of course we can time skip that.

I'd like to stress that when the centeral conflict happens-there won't be any 'right' side. I hope for an even divide of characters on both sides.

Which probably isn't going to happen. But eh. I can dream. :P

OOC: Well I tend to fall mostly on the side of 'chaotic awful,' because it's fun, but yeah, I'll try to represent all sides.

I'll be getting to the other thing tomorrow-ish. Just wanted to verify that I could get to that when I needed to. Err.... where was the Credit going?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Alright. Having chatted with a few people by PM, I'm going to go ahead with this. Is everyone alright a timeskip to the time of the hearing? I promise you'll get that battle with the Death Watch Otter. We'll just say they were harder to track then expected.

OOC: Kill kill kill

fire and blood

rawr

profiles i guess

IC (The Hearing, Coruscant)

It had been, by the standards of such things, a short battle. Dooku had spared no expense in this appeal. Lott Dod himself had taken charge of the case, bringing the years of legal experience he had gained with him. There had been an outcry about a corporation becoming involved in the private affiars of the Jedi. Who did these corporations think they were? Why did they think they had the right to interfere in a private Jedi matter? The controversy was still going strong. It had become evident during the course of the hearing that Yoda was still very much against allowing Faraxa back into the Order. Indeed a very reactionery front had emerged in the Order, claiming that had become vulnerable to corruption by the Dark Side. It was one thing to speak of tolerance but the Sith, every time they had emerged, had torn the galaxy apart. They were an enemy to be engaged, not a minority to be tolerated. This was the crux of Windu's arguement.

Lott Dod for his part, had appealed to legal codes and various precedents throughout Jedi history, rightfully pointing out that beings had been welcomed back into the Order after falling to the Dark Side. Surely Faraxa had not done anything so extreme....so why was she being singled out? It was a good arguement. Brillant at times. It appeared to be futile however. Today it would all be decided and judging from the looks on the faces of the various Trade Federation hangers-on, they knew which way the wind was blowing.

The court room itself was an ill-used part of the Temple. It was of the same make as the rest of it-pillars, soft edges and a style that echoed back to the founding of the Republic. A the front were two rows of chairs, seating the Council as they judged this matter. In front of that were two tables, from which both sides (pro-appeal, led by Lott Dod and Dooku who had excused himself from ruling on the matter to take a more active part in the appeal and anti-appeal, led by Mace Windu who had done much the same) made their arguements and points. Behind these were rows of benches, seated within these were various beings who had an interest in the hearing or who had simply bought their way in. Temple security as it turned out, wasn't free of material urges the code deplored. Beings waited with bated breath as Jedi Master Yoda rose slowly fromt his seat and hobbled his way forwards to address the court room.

"Closed this matter is. Done we are. Made a choice the council has." Yoda gestured to the other members of the council, all of whom looked grim. "Majority opinion it is. Interesting points Dod has brought. Dangerous Faraxa could be. Let a Sith Lord escape she did. Fallen she may have. Corrupted Solei was. Hide this she did. Aid she had." Mace Windu nodded. The idea of a dark sider hiding under all of their noses and then breaching security to steal such a holocron was absurd. She had to have had help. Faraxa had allowed them to flee. The logic added up. "By our authority, arrest Faraxa we do. Examined she must be."

Dod was on his feet as soon as the words had left Yoda's mouth. "This is an outage! The Federation will not stand for this!" Dooku's hand, noticeably, went to his lightesaber.

It seemed a time of truth had arrived. The fate of the galaxy hung on a knifes edge.

OOC: Any Jedi/people who happen to be on Coruscant can be present at the appeal. I plan to add in equally extensive posts for Mandalore and Kalee. Not to worry.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Arcturus, Levi - The Hearing, Coruscant

Arcturus' hand stroked pensively at his chin as the decision was pronounced. The hostility that had suddenly filled the room near immediately was quite noticeable, even without force sensitivity. Or at the very least it seemed that way to Levi, who turned to watch his master's reaction, trying to gauge the urgency of the situation.

Arcturus, for his part, had let no emotion slip onto his face, but inside he was not so collected. 'What strong reactions. Admittedly, I expected some dissent, but this open opposition does not bode well. This is the best choice, it should be obvious. It's not as if the girl's death has been ordered. At most, this only qualifies as a strong investigation, one well warranted if the events that have passed are anything to go by...'

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: I'm quite interested in this. Do unnaligned force-sensitives not count for the five-paragraph rule? Or are they just lumped in as Sith? I'd assume not, considering they would have no training, and barely even any experience. I ask because I'm too lazy to write that much before I even start playing the character. =P

Also, what types of ship might a bounty hunter own?

OOC: Any ship that fits the time period, Jason.

Also, about un-aligned force sensitives: If you want them to be trained and able to use the powers, instead of just being mildly sensitive, you have to write out the paragraphs. At least, that's what it's seemed like to me. And no, they aren't just lumped in as Sith/Dark Jedi.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess