Custom Kanohi

I've got... quite a few, actually.Kanohi Abaro, Mask of Rage- turns wearer's anger into speed and strength.Kanohi Khoto, Mask of Animation- allows user to animate and control nearby inanimate objects such as trees.Kanohi Tekean, Mask of Division- allows user to split thenselves into multiple copies, which decrease in size and ability the more copies are made.Kanohi Varod, Mask of Combustion- allows user to cause nearby inorganic objects to detonate violently; hard to control, large recharge time.That's just a few of them, some of my personal favorites. These and others are likely already eclipsed by the Expanded Multiverse Kanohi list, though.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Wait, is this topic asking if we've designed and manufactured/painted/whatever a custom kanohi mask, or if we have just made up our own imaginary ones?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Kanohi Yami- Mask of CurseThe opponent's abilities all become this ability Kanohi Coali- Mask of JustificationThe user's power increases if hit by an unfair attackKanohi Movolt- Mask of NullificationThe opponent cannot use KanohiKanohi Eseo- Mask of BounceIndirect attacks are reflected back at the opponentKanohi Gyabo- Mask of IntimidationThe opponent sees the user as far stronger than they are

aouROFb.png

Kanohi Yami- Mask of CurseThe opponent's abilities all become this abilityKanohi Coali- Mask of JustificationThe user's power increases if hit by an unfair attack

Wait, so all the opponent can do is cause their opponent (the Yami's wearer) to only have the power to cause the power to... et cetera.

And, what defines an unfair attack for the Coali? Using a weapon or ability that the wearer of the Coali wasn't aware of shouldn't count. Backstabbing (Strakk-style) or "bringing a gun to a knife fight" (e.g. illegal weapon use in a 'fair' duel) would be unfair. But there's a fine line there.

but their spirits

Well, I've got my fair share of these, most of which I've put in our very own Official Expanded Multiverse. For those of you who are too lazy to scan the Kanohi post for these:

Mask of Split DuplicationThis mask allows the user to manipulate reality in order to split their physical form into several copies - essentially the opposite of a Mask of Fusion in effect. The split beings can maintain a limited hive-mind, and require no focus to remain split. However, if one being loses their mask, they will be unable to re-join with their original form unless the mask is replaced within a short time..Each split duplicate has a fraction of the Elemental Energy, willpower, and physical stamina that the user had when they split - this amount decreases when more duplicates are created. If within a small area (approximately two Bio), any two split beings can re-form at any time, however, only duplicates within the radius of the merging will actually merge. However, any duplicates killed will be permanently unable to re-form, leaving the user crippled, and the mental backlash may have permanent effects. The Noble form of this mask only allows three split forms to be created at once, whereas the Great form allows six.

Kanohi Robus, Mask of ResistanceBy using this mask, the user has the ability to make any targeted object tougher and better-reinforced. This can be used on a being's armor, though it will have a hampering effect on movement. The radius for this mask's effect varies with type: the Noble form can reach objects approximately two and a half Bio away, whereas the Great version can reach and affect objects up to five Bio away. This can also prevent objects from rusting, corroding, or (within a limit) melting. The Noble version, however, cannot actively stop objects from melting, decaying, or vaporizing.The effects of the mask will cease when the user stops focusing on the target, though the target will still have a very slight increase to durability after the mask's effect wears off. This mask is less effective on naturally tougher substances, such as Protosteel.

Mask of VoidheartThe Mask of Voidheart creates a small aura around the user that saps environmental energy, usually in the form of heat, static electricity, and light. The user will regenerate Elemental Energy and stamina at a slightly faster rate than their usual whenever the mask is active. Skilled users of this mask can intensify the aura to physically harmful levels, freezing opponents solid and deactivating most electronics with a touch. More talented users can also drain a type of energy through any substance capable of channeling it.

Obviously I've envisioned some different designs in the past (for example, a Mask of Fragmentation), but these are the Kanohi I've actually thought about and put some time into developing. As a side note, the third was actually designed for a character in the BZPRPG.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

The Mask of the Warrior which was made by a Great Being by combining the powers of the Calix, the Pakari, the Kakama, and the Rode. This basically makes the user the ultimate warrior.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that I look back at it, this is kind of a 'post-it-here' topic. I mean, it's good if you're contributing your own ideas to the discussion, but a thread where you'er just saying "keep posting here", in a sense, wouldn't really be allowed, as far as I know...

but their spirits

I have another idea the mask of faith it makes all who you come in contact with trust you and belive in you.

Now that I look back at it, this is kind of a 'post-it-here' topic. I mean, it's good if you're contributing your own ideas to the discussion, but a thread where you'er just saying "keep posting here", in a sense, wouldn't really be allowed, as far as I know...

sorry pretty new here

All aboard the HypeTrain. We Leave Bionicle Station Jan 1 2015.

I have another idea the mask of faith it makes all who you come in contact with trust you and belive in you.

Wouldn't that be like the Mask of Charisma?

not exactly the mask of charisma makes people follow you but this lets your allies and the "neutral" people follow and trust you and they will do things they would not normally do but it is useless against your enemies. Think of the Huna, and the Voltick or the Rura and the Akaku.

All aboard the HypeTrain. We Leave Bionicle Station Jan 1 2015.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought up the mask of mimmicry (no name, but it looks like a faxon without a visor, headlamp, and tubes) and it grants the power to use someone else's power or skills if that being has been studied long enough, and wearer fully understands the power or skill.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Guest PrometheusLKR

I actually designed a mask for this one. The concept is relatively simple:

Kanohi Paitin: Mask of Immunity. Grants a user immunity to any poison, venom, toxin, or disease (including the Makuta virus or the waters of the pit). A shadow leech could still drain a user's light, but would not cause any mutation. The noble version gives resistance but not complete immunity.

Set-wise, for the Noble version I just used the helmet off of Hero Factory's Rotor, and for the Great version, the image is here: http://s1256.beta.photobucket.com/user/prometheuslkr/media/STA78583_zps3817db30.jpg.html

I basically just combined one of the clear blue pieces from the Mahri heads with one of the ankle armor pieces from Ackar or Mata Nui.

I thought up the mask of mimmicry (no name, but it looks like a faxon without a visor, headlamp, and tubes) and it grants the power to use someone else's power or skills if that being has been studied long enough, and wearer fully understands the power or skill.

That seems quite redundant. A mask that enables you to be able to do something, but only usable once you've learned the skill? Unless it covers powers such as teleportation or elemental control (in which case the learning bit would be useless) then it is pointless. :lol:

I know this is just for people to post their ideas, just felt like adding some concept review. :P

but their spirits

Kanohi TARDIS, mask of wibley-wobley, timey-wimey... stuff...

couldn't resist. user can travel through space, time, dimention, sanity, et cetera. side affects include British accents, bowties, Star Trek Shakes, and EX-TER-MINATE!

sorry, being serious now.

Kanohi Nui, mask of spirits

allows user to detect ghosts, people using masks of Astral Form, invisible/incorporeal foes, et cetera.

Kanohi Ashhpd (no, i cannot pronounce it either)

this bizzare mask can produce two connected portals, one orange, one blue. side affects include bizarre puzzles, weird science labs, evil robots with creepy monotones, and SPAAAACE!

Kanohi Satirum, mask of parody

truly a powerful mask, allows its user to alter the fabric of reality itself in strange and rather humorous ways.

Here are a few that I've made. And some of which I've actually made into repaints/customs of other masks.

Kanohi Galvex, Mask of Transfiguration. It works like a combination of a Mahiki and a Mask of Mutation. The user can use this sort of power on themselves or on others. The user wants to be a tree? They can be a tree until they have the mask change them back. They want to turn someone they don't like into a tree? They can do that until they have the mask change them back as well. Or not. And why am I talking about trees?

Kanohi Athura, Mask of Molecular Disruption. This mask can work on either the user or the user's target. The user can temporarily disrupt their molecular structure and even escape traps and imprisonments by phasing through them. The user can also have the mask do the same thing to their target. Depending on how they use the mask, the effect can even be permanent, although it takes a lot of concentration and will power.

Kanohi Charr, Mask of Absorption. This mask turns the user into a living power magnet. The user can temporarily absorb power from their target, weakening said target and strengthening the user. While the effect is temporary, it can still be enough to get the job done, especially for those who enjoy stealth.

Kanohi Mirha, Mask of Knowledge. Somewhat related to the Kanohi Charr. This turns the user into a living "super computer," so to say. The user becomes intelligent to the point the mask aids them in calculations, crafting plans, and being able to make decisions while taking all possibilities into account. A very rare mask, to the point there was only one in existence. Was. Not anymore. The only one made became mutated to the pictured user's face into an unrecognizable shape, although it still works and the user has gone insane.

Kanohi Elitha, Mask of Death. The mask itself has no name. It is synonymous with the name of the user, as both function as one. The mask was crafted by an Av-Matoran named Elitha, who was taken and enslaved by Makuta Teridax. It is a weaker version of the Ignika, its polar opposite, yet it can still do almost anything it can do, but to a lesser extent. It can change, create, or destroy things as per the user's wishes. However, it is limited on other things. It can't "instantly kill" an opponent, as it only as a 1% chance of working, otherwise it would only cause the intended target harm. Teridax ordered Elitha to create this mask after her failed attempt at making the Vahi, as a punishment, thinking she would torment herself in pursuing a while rahi chase. Yet, she succeeded and rebelled. After suffering, the mask became her salvation and turned her into a Toa of Shadow, as a symbol of her burning hatred for Teridax, even wearing armor similar to his. She can't use the mask to its fullest extent, but she can still be very dangerous. She has even learned how to take on a "spirit form," and retreat into the mask. This has caused many to believe she is a personification of the mask, like how the Ignika created a body for itself, but this is entirely false. Elitha can exist without the mask, but it would leave her severely weak. There is only one in existence, and it has an identical appearance to the Ignika, except it is all dark and weathered.

Mask of Dinner. This mask is a bit of a joke from some of my earlier comedy work. This mask only existed in an alternate dimension. It has the power to turn whatever the user wants into food. It can also unleash a "nova-like" attack called "Ultimate Dinner." The Mask of Dinner is a smaller mask and can fit over a regular Kanohi. Little is known about it, even if it has an actual name. The mask itself looks like it is in the shape of a "pouty" face with mean eyes.

I've made quite a few. The first I made was the Kanohi Vahkama, the Mask of Time and Speed, which is worn by my character's Toa form. Basically, it is a fusion of the Vahi and Kakama that allows the user to use both abilities at once. The Vahi half is very difficult to control, like the original Vahi, so my character rarely uses it except in dire circumstances.

I've also created quite a few EM masks:

Mask of Acid StrengthAllows the user to adjust the strength of acids or acidic substances.

Kanohi Uah, the Mask of Ambush ProtectionProtects the user from sneak attacks and ambushes, but is useless against attacks the wearer is aware of. If the user is ambushed or sneak attacked, the mask delivers a counterattack at about twice the power of the strike, making it a complement of the Kanohi Hau. The mask is always on at a low level.

Kanohi Bartow, the Mask of Subliminal RetentionAllows the user to see parts of the past of a living being by looking at them, and can also temporarily grant the user an ability - such as martial arts or marksmanship - after watching an example of it. However, the mask always works passively and cannot be forced, and as such is very unreliable in a combat situation.Also the amount of information the user receives varies is also unreliable. The Noble version only allows the user to see the pasts of beings. Works kind of like the Intersect in Chuck.Kanohi Laungh, the Mask of LogicSometimes called the Mask of Strategy. Lets the user think more clearly and concisely, and better know the steps in reasoning. This allows the user to form strategies, a common use for the mask, as well as solve puzzles and riddles. The mask is often referred to as the Mask of Strategy on Barrawahi, as it is popular for use by generals. It is distinct from the Mask of Understanding, as that one provides a more intuitive understanding without clear knowledge of the steps involved. This one provides all the steps and thus is slower but the steps often have other importance, especially in tactical situations.

Mask of AfterlifeWhile worn, it takes energy from the user and stores it, and upon death, it uses this energy to allow the user to continue life in spirit form. In this spirit form, the user is able to communicate to living beings, as well as to appear in a ghost-like form. The user cannot use any powers they had, or physically interact with the world, but they are capable of all things the Iden allows, except possessing robots.The time the user is able to spend in spirit form is roughly double the amount of time they wore the mask; when they surpass that point in spirit form, their spirit fades away and dies. The mask is not viewed as taboo/evil by Toa and other 'good' beings, and is primarily used by HoF on Warzone to have temporarily unkillable spies and generals.Mask of Environmental AbsorptionAutomatically absorbs small amounts of energy from nearby plant life, which can increase strength as well as decrease hunger/fatigue. Although the mask does not absorb enough energy to actually kill plants, it is still controversial.

Kanohi Triniken, the Mask of Matter/Energy ConversionAllows the user to change matter into a energy “ghost” that they have no control over (unless it is energy of their own element) and back. Most people call it the Mask of Object Ghosting.

Mask of UndetectionPrevents the user from being detected by any artificial means. This prevents the user from being able to be detected by an Elda, Arthron, Mask of Sonar or any other Kanohi, as well as by any mechanical object or use, such as Sonar or Radar. However, they are still perfectly detectable by smell/energy signature, sight, and thermal detection, provided they are not using a machine or Kanohi to do so.The Great version can stay on for 30 minutes at a time; the Noble version for 5 minutes; both versions have a 30-second 'recharge' period afterwards.

Mask of Pain ResistanceGreatly increases the user's threshold for pain. Does not actually make wounds less deadly, but it does allow the user to shrug off attacks that might otherwise leave him in horrible pain. The Great version allows resistance to both physical and mental pain; the Noble allows resistance against physical pain only.Mask of DiscomfortAllows the user to induce uncomfortable feelings resembling nausea, sickness and/or vertigo in beings he/she touches. The mask does not actually induce sickness, but creates the illusion of nausea, sickness, or vertigo in beings the user is in physical contact with. The sensation ends almost immediately after the user breaks contact with the target. The Noble version gives a much weaker sensation in beings than the Great version. Considered immoral.

Mask of Elemental AccessAllows the user to access more of their pre-existing elemental energy reserves than they normally are able to, as well as have greater and more precise control over pre-existing elemental samples. The mask does not grant the user special abilities that the user does not already possess, and does not increase the user's elemental energy reserves or the recharge period if they run out of elemental energy.The Great version of the mask allows the user to create and control their element with the approximate power of a Toa Nuva, and the Noble version allows the user to create and control their element with the approximate power of a standard Toa. The mask is always on at a low level.

-TN05

Good mask power idea- bullet time. Not speed, not freezing time, but slowing time down (to the point where it's almost stopped) in short bursts, during which the user can do everything at normal speed. Ripped shamelessly from video game mechanics. :lol:

but their spirits

Good mask power idea- bullet time. Not speed, not freezing time, but slowing time down (to the point where it's almost stopped) in short bursts, during which the user can do everything at normal speed. Ripped shamelessly from video game mechanics. :lol:

How about the Mask of Lag, which randomly stops time to confuse the opponent? :P

-TN05

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is bumping a dead thread, but I have one!

Kanohi Citasa

The Kanohi Citasa is the Mask of Velocity. It's sorta like a Kakama, but it can also slow down, and it can only be used on items, not living beings. For instance, if there were a Zamor Sphere launched, the user could slow it down to dodge it, or they could speed up their own.

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

How about the Mask of Lag, which randomly stops time to confuse the opponent? :P

-TN05

Lol that would be soo irritating! :P