Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

While it might be odd, one can speculate that if Breakout continues, we'd end up seeing Bulk and Nex, both of whom use orange to a certain extent, and maybe Lego didn't want to have three orange heroes in a wave.

But they were all in the Savage Planet wave together, why couldn't they have kept Stringers secondary color Keetorange?~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

While it might be odd, one can speculate that if Breakout continues, we'd end up seeing Bulk and Nex, both of whom use orange to a certain extent, and maybe Lego didn't want to have three orange heroes in a wave.

But they were all in the Savage Planet wave together, why couldn't they have kept Stringers secondary color Keetorange?~ELM~
Because at times, Lego is odd, I suppose.

plop

Blue Stringer is cool....no, not cool......AWESOME!!As for Stormer, the only reason he's normal sized in the show is because they can do that w/ some computer magic.Same can't be said for an actual titan-build set which he may be given the appearance of his build in the video.Therefore, LEGO would have to go w/ XL on the box if said set were a Hero.

Edited by Kamen Rider OOO

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Bulk would have very little orange, and not wanting too many orange sets didn't stop LEGO before.Besides, they could make Stringer keetorange like his 3.0 version.3.0:Red, Orange, Orange-Yellow, Gold, Orange core, ...and, uh, white.Also all the villains had red except for the yellow one.2.0 Villains:...Yeah.

Just got word from Customer Service that Breez and Thornraxx are expected to be available for purchase on January 1st.So for some odd reason, they withheld those two sets from US shipments and their website until the beginning of the year, while releasing the rest of the wave weeks ahead of schedule. Whatever, at least they'll be available soon.-Mesonak

Will the sets be availible online, or in stores?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Just got word from Customer Service that Breez and Thornraxx are expected to be available for purchase on January 1st.So for some odd reason, they withheld those two sets from US shipments and their website until the beginning of the year, while releasing the rest of the wave weeks ahead of schedule. Whatever, at least they'll be available soon.-Mesonak

Will the sets be availible online, or in stores?
No idea. I would assume both, but they've yet to be added to the US Shop at Home website, so I'm not sure anymore. =/-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

The sets will probably become available in the US tomorrow which is Monday. No way there was anybody working at LEGO today to update the site, being January 1st and Sunday above that. ;) Anyway, a Spring release would make little sense as they have always been available in Europe along with the rest.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Where did you get those pics from? And does that mean that they're availible in the US?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

Wasn't someone complaining about the lack of orange armor in sizes other than 3? It's cool that Thornraxx has a 5 anyways.With that, the wings, the azure, black Furno wings, the Waspix piece, head and remolded thornax launcher...is there anything not good in that set? Well, except that gray technic bean that sticks out of his back. That's just okay.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Black Phantom is buy-worthy for syre. The armored him far better than the prelim.Also, I'm wondering why most of the heroes are $13 now. The whole "more" pieces thing?

Yes, they're more expensive because they have more pieces and larger pieces. They're all fully armored (contrast 2.0 and 3.0 heroes, especially Bulk), have longer limb pieces, armor in new places (e.g. Breez's Samus armor and back armor), and have more weapons. Also, Furno has a propeller pack.The "sarcasm quotes" imply you believe they're the same size, which they aren't.I'm glad that they're increasingly dispensing with the gratuitous asymmetry. At least on Two-Face, it's a deliberate stylistic choice, rather than totally arbitrary as on all the 2.0s and some 3.0 heroes.Also, so much iron grey. It's becoming almost as bad as silver was during 2008.Rocka, Evo, and Two-Face all have it as their secondary color, and Makuta, Breez, Furno, and Surge all have a few iron grey parts.I'm still worried that Makuta's Thornax launcher will be pearl grey. That color was an abomination and a blight upon Lego.
Makuta?

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

Does anyone know when HS01 will be updated with the 2012 sets??On a seperate note, I just bought Splitface from the LEGO shop in the London Westfield and I can thouroughly recommend it as a set!

You're welcome to start doing that now =P. It's difficult to make pages for the villains, because we know so little about them (especially Thornraxx) but I've made a little headway by starting a page for the breakout itself, as well as for the most recent comic.

Black Phantom is buy-worthy for syre. The armored him far better than the prelim.Also, I'm wondering why most of the heroes are $13 now. The whole "more" pieces thing?

Yes, they're more expensive because they have more pieces and larger pieces. They're all fully armored (contrast 2.0 and 3.0 heroes, especially Bulk), have longer limb pieces, armor in new places (e.g. Breez's Samus armor and back armor), and have more weapons. Also, Furno has a propeller pack.The "sarcasm quotes" imply you believe they're the same size, which they aren't.I'm glad that they're increasingly dispensing with the gratuitous asymmetry. At least on Two-Face, it's a deliberate stylistic choice, rather than totally arbitrary as on all the 2.0s and some 3.0 heroes.Also, so much iron grey. It's becoming almost as bad as silver was during 2008.Rocka, Evo, and Two-Face all have it as their secondary color, and Makuta, Breez, Furno, and Surge all have a few iron grey parts.I'm still worried that Makuta's Thornax launcher will be pearl grey. That color was an abomination and a blight upon Lego.
Makuta?
Black Phantom looks sort of like the Makuta built with the Fire Lord build. I'm not completely sure why I thought it would be a good idea to call him that, though.

Because the set designers are silly. Seriously, only Stormer and Bulk have kept consistent color schemes through all their forms, and if Bulk is a summer set, that'll probably change too.This is a sad truth, and it is the reason I think people who complain about Evo's lack of purple are silly. It was bound to change, just as everyone else in the Breakout line. There really is no way they could have made him purple short of recoloring the Glatorian head, and as awesome as that would have been, it just wasn't going to happen.Wait nobody even mentioned Nathan never mind.

The thing is, all of them kept a major feature of their color scheme the same except for Surge and Stringer. Both of them started with an obvious primary (Blue/Black) and secondary (Silver/Orange), as well as their core color (Yellow/Orange). Now, both of them have two equally prominent colors, one of which as their original primary color (Blue/Black) and the other color (Lime/Blue) was not present on the original set.Evo's only color change was losing the purple, which was never a major part of his color scheme. Other than his core and head, he used yellow, black, and gunmetal in both incarnations.The other sets have kept largely consistent color schemes - Breez and Furno are both obviously mostly their original primary color, in addition to several other random colors. Stormer used to be white and blue, now the blue is restricted to his Hero Core and head, so his color scheme isn't nearly as consistent as you claim.
At the same time, Surge's color scheme will have stayed a little bit more consistent than Stringer's if the Stringer set does in fact have blue as a secondary color. After all, the only real change to Surge's color scheme between his 1.0 and 2.0 appearances was that his head color was approximated as lime rather than yellow, and his Hero Core changed to match. Since his head color was a yellow-green color to begin with I see no problem with this, and truth be told I prefer the systematic 2.0 color schemes to the 1.0 color schemes.Stringer, on the other hand, kept his colors close to consistent between his 1.0 and 3.0 appearances, but the new Stringer's color switches to the complete opposite side of the color wheel. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, but after so much effort to keep the other heroes' color schemes consistent with only minor changes, it's a shame to see one where such great care isn't taken. The set will hopefully look good enough that this doesn't make much of a difference, like Evo.Speaking of Evo, a person on another site created a revamp of him where they (among other things) gave him his 2.0 chestplate and Hero Core, changed his head and Zamor Sphere colors to blue, and added his purple spikes to his tank arm. These changes give him a much more "classic" look.
Surge's green is definitely in-character. However, there's so much of it that he's equally green with blue as he is blue with green. It's also a surprisingly bad color combination.Stringer's blue, while it looks better than most of the other Breakout color schemes (see: Breez, Furno, Surge), is also the most out-of-character. As such, I rank Surge and Stringer's color scheme problems roughly equally....Odd. I gave my Evo a 2.0 chestplate and made his head and zamor blue. I guess it's an obvious change.
How can a color scheme be "in-character"? Usually I only see that term being used regarding personalities and actions of characters, not their appearance (unless, of course, it's a franchise where a character has to wear a costume that they might or might not be likely to wear, in which case it does become an action).Blue doesn't really conflict with Stringer's traditional theme (sonic/musical powers), and doesn't convey the idea much better than orange. And as far as personality is concerned I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It's just a bit jarring after other characters' color schemes have stayed close to the same after many different appearances in sets.
In-character was being used metaphorically. It wasn't technically accurate, but I wanted a concise way to refer to how Surge's color scheme still made (some) sense as being the same character.Since color schemes are the main way to tell who's who in Hero Factory, changing an orange character to blue is a slightly problematic change.
That's true. However, I anticipate that another way of telling the character is Stringer, besides his primary color and helmet, is that hopefully he has a "sound wave" pattern on his torso, just as many of the other characters' torsos reflect the theme or power they represented when they were first introduced. On a related note, I also wonder what Nex's chest pattern will resemble, since he and Evo sort of shared their "tech" theme. Perhaps it will diversify them by relating somehow to Nex's more specific theme of communication and networking.

Quick, kind of random question. How might one go about extracting those super hi-res pictures from the legoshop site? The really big one that shows up in the sidebar when you roll over.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####?&wid=2400&hei=1800
Replace the #### with the set number for the main image. The alt images follow a similar pattern:
http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####_alt1?&wid=2400&hei=1800http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####_alt2?&wid=2400&hei=1800
...And so forth. Some sets have more than ten alt images, so continue increasing the number after "alt" until you see the "image not found" image (the one with various minifigures puzzling over a computer). Hope this helps. :)

I just got Furno and Splitface on the mail a short while ago. With some minor part replacing to fix color issues, I find both of them are really awesome sets. Splitface in particular has to be one of my favorite HF villains overall. He's just really well made. The face parts are just so good. The fact that he has a trans green head doesn't hury, either.

AXKP5KC.png

New Stringer image found!pic263BD98B7BE2A959ECE92E780BCB4209.jpgIt looks as if he may have a new shoulder armor mold.

That is absolutely excellent. But why is Lego Revealing him so early, assuming he is a Summer release?And on the HF Website, the background is epic, and I like the layout. I am still disappointed that they are advertising Breez and Thornraxx, and have yet to list them at Shop@Home-Star Edited by Starparu

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

New Stringer image found!pic263BD98B7BE2A959ECE92E780BCB4209.jpgIt looks as if he may have a new shoulder armor mold.

That is absolutely excellent. But why is Lego Revealing him so early, assuming he is a Summer release?And on the HF Website, the background is epic, and I like the layout. I am still disappointed that they are advertising Breez and Thornraxx, and have yet to list them at Shop@Home-Star
No clue. But they revealed Stormer "XL", right?

aouROFb.png

They revealed a version of Stormer which looks to be a standard Hero design with a Hulk design, far different than what you're referring to, but yes, they revealed "Stormer". ;)-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Has anyone played the breakout game yet? If so, what was it like?

I've only played the beginning. It's pretty straight-foreward. In the beginning, you enter as Rocka, you get 50 free gamepoints, and then you have to go on a mission. That's all I know.

jimistringer.png

I played the Breakout game, and it actually impressed me. While the graphics are sub-par, the combat is simplistic, and the camera control is horrendous, I was slightly taken aback at the wide variety of collectibles and secrets, which unlock customizable upgrades for your hero. I'm looking forward to being able to play it more.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Combi instrutions!

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Hm. Looking at that pic of Stringer.That doesn't look like blue on him.Are my eyes decieving me or is that purple? I could totally be wrong. Since there already is a blue Glatorian head, it's possible Stringer's secondary color is blue. However, with the new color head included in this wave, it's possible a purple re-color could be made. This not only would be awesome, but it would give us more purple pieces.Or maybe I'm just getting a tad overexcited.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Hm. Looking at that pic of Stringer.That doesn't look like blue on him.Are my eyes decieving me or is that purple? I could totally be wrong. Since there already is a blue Glatorian head, it's possible Stringer's secondary color is blue. However, with the new color head included in this wave, it's possible a purple re-color could be made. This not only would be awesome, but it would give us more purple pieces.Or maybe I'm just getting a tad overexcited.Kalhiki

He definitely has purple accents on his Helmet and core, but alas, his Chest plate is Blue.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg