BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

True. Prisoners wouldn't know anything about what is going on beyond what they were told on being broken out, which wasn't much. It basically amounted to "We're attacking the village and doing you the favour of setting you free, so some help would be appreciated. Makuta Rules!"

They would need to have some reason for wanting to go towards the hospital, and only when they get there find that there was a fight going on.

ppg2.png

Oh, not this again...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Since the hospital is actually a ways outside the village, the only prisoners that would find it in their path would be ones escaping the village completely.

Anyone doing that probably isn't looking for a fight, not to mention that no baddies actually know any of their own people are at the hospital. :P

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Do you think that some of the prisoners could possibly help a certain ta-matoran and a certain vortixx at the hospital? :P

I've actually got a trio of Dark Toa who helped with the prison break heading that way right now. They aren't there to help anyone, though. They're just coming to blow up the hospital and leave. Sorry. :)

But hopefully they'll do a better job than Dayeth or Mortem managed? 

EDIT: Actually, on that note. Could the Toa Shaydas gather up some of the prisoners and lead them to the hospital? 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Also, The Outsiders have interaction.

Wait.

Isn't Ko-Koro surrounded by massive walls of ice on all four sides, with only a bridge and a tunnel connecting it to the outside? How would anyone sea anything outside the village unless they were on the bridge? Like this: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:Ko-Koro.PNG

Also, last I remember, Forger's group was still a long way off from Ko-Koro, even with the sled ride, and they stopped to eat. Shouldn't they be so far away that they only appear as black specks, if Kitabo can even see outside the village at all?

How far exactly is it from the village to the hospital? The wiki says it is a short walk from the walls, but I often see it portrayed a a lot further than that, perhaps out of sight of it even.

A mile.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

He only found Forger, who had gone ahead. The others are still a little ways off.

(but they should start moving to possibly save me)

If Forger uses his brain, he shouldn't need saving.

A mile.

-Tyler

Thanks.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

I've sent Judge to back you up, and the rest of us are moving down towards you now. 

I don't know exactly how long the walk will take, though, so... yeah, you guys are on your own for now. 

But beware cheapskates: The Outsiders are coming!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So, regarding antidermis.

Does the good/evil meter it effects you based off of have to do with actions, thoughts, mindset or what?

How does it affect people that truly believe themselves to be good, but are evil in their actions? Or people that willingly do evil things because they think the (good) end justifies the means? Or some other permutation of that. Basically, how does antidermis effect an anti-hero or anti-villain?

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

So, regarding antidermis.

Does the good/evil meter it effects you based off of have to do with actions, thoughts, mindset or what?

How does it affect people that truly believe themselves to be good, but are evil in their actions? Or people that willingly do evil things because they think the (good) end justifies the means? Or some other permutation of that. Basically, how does antidermis effect an anti-hero or anti-villain?

This is how Nuju described it to me (since well Joske almost took a dose in the face):

While not sentient, it seeks out the most efficient way to either corrupt or destroy so, if we go to the scale going backwards

- If you're Evil, Antidermis sees opportunity to make you more useful (and therefore more powerful towards its goal of corruption and chaos) and at the cost of whatever inner light you have left (and possibly some sanity) it mutates you into something more... vile.

- If you're more Neutral, it will seek to corrupt you and therefore turn your alignment TO evil. Cool powers not promised, but still potentially there since it is using it's energies to completely corrupt you since you weren't quite there yet.

- If you're Good, and I mean like the high-and-mighty moral type where it cannot corrupt you (or at least not easily) then it will simply destroy you since it cannot turn you into something useful. And it's a very painful death as it literally destroys you from the inside out, melting you into a pile of... goo.

Also, in this universe as much as there may be debate on the good/evil issue, we're still sticking to there is still some sense of absolutes in that regard, so even if you're character thinks he's doing good, but actually isn't, he is still doing evil as you described. The best I would say is that with and anti-hero/villain they lie more in the Neutral to Neutral-Evil category, so see above as to what would happen to them.

In other words there IS a type of absolute scale and Antidermis does understand that. Whether your character does or not is up to you :P I would go by that unless another staffie with more intimate knowledge of the stuff says otherwise.

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 3

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

So, antidermis gauges "goodnes/evilness" based off of consequences, not intentions? So even if it came into contact with a being that had a code of morality so out of whack with the rest of the island's and could be best described as "blue and orange", it would still find a way to shoehorn them into the good-evil dichotomy based on what effect they've had on the world?

Also, when it corrupts or enhances neutral characters, does it also instil some loyalty into Makuta into them? It's possible that there are evil characters running around that hate Makuta as much as they hate civilized society and could cause great damage to the "mainstream evildoers"; what about them?

Edited by namcurtsnoC
  • Upvote 1

So, antidermis gauges "goodnes/evilness" based off of consequences, not intentions? So even if it came into contact with a being that had a code of morality so out of whack with the rest of the island's and could be best described as "blue and orange", it would still find a way to shoehorn them into the good-evil dichotomy based on what effect they've had on the world?

More or less. But don't get me wrong; I didn't say "island's moral code". I'm going off a much more general idea here, where things like murder, theft, lying, etc, are considered bad and evil acts. But yes, even if someone came from such a mythical place as you described and their actions caused negative results on the world then yes, that would be generally considered "evil" whereas positive actions would generally be considered "good". I am really simplifying this, but in the end that's the easiest way to deal with it. There needs to be a scale somewhere otherwise the whole convention fall apart, and from what I have seen Antidermis is a good distinguisher of it. But seeing as this is a staff-related item and powers usually granted by Nuju, you would have to take it up with him as to the details.

Also, when it corrupts or enhances neutral characters, does it also instil some loyalty into Makuta into them? It's possible that there are evil characters running around that hate Makuta as much as they hate civilized society and could cause great damage to the "mainstream evildoers"; what about them?

That is a good question and I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Just because Makuta is the symbol of all things evil it does not mean you can't be evil WITHOUT reverencing him :P There are plenty of evil characters that could care squat about Makuta and his minions.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

so no antidermis poweruped batman?

Does beating up criminals count as evil if you beat them hard enough?

Probably not.

Maybe torture or even cannibalize them for that extra touch.

Ok, now you're TRYING, and really hard may I add :P I don't think I need to answer that.

I personally have been playing Skorm's Antidermis-induced psychosis as the disappearance of all morals, and a strong desire to turn on who he used to call friends.

And by turn on them I mean tear their masks off of their faces, then crush their heads/decapitate them. I have also described him as 'hopped up on Antidermis rage-steroids'.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

The hospital is about to get explodey. Any time now...

I've sent a group of six NPC's to attack it. They will soon be joined by three PC Dark Toa. 

Oh, and The Outsiders are heading that way as well, so this could get very confusing, and very messy, very quickly. 

The prison. I just spent the better half of the week fighting other NPC's to help bust them out, so I felt entitled to claim control of a handful of them. 

It is brewing most violently...

Little announcement:

I decided I am not going to continue the fight in Kini until there is either a Sulov or Reordin post. I know things are busy for everybody but it is just not fun anymore and I am getting the feeling that Leah is the only one drawing aggro right now while her attacks are being treated with less effect than they should have.

It's just not fun right now to feel like facing a dozen opponents alone.

A pity, it looked like the Maru were almost picking up momentum again. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I understood that.

I'm going to go sit in a corner and think about my life.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much for a few days. My schedule's been crazy busy, and I've been a little sick. I'm going on a trip this weekend, but I'm going to try to have all my big posts done before then, so I can just keep up over the weekend.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There's need for a trial in Onu-Koro, but is there anyone specific who should be the judge or would anyone technically be allowed to have a character (either PC or NPC) in that position? Basically, do we need to involve Nuparu or not? Has he even been played with recently?

Edited by Toatapio Nuva