BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Depends what it is I guess.

Laser vision travels at the speed of light, heat vision travels at the speed of...heat :P

Nooooope. Laser Vision, contrary to what physics might say, does not travel at the speed of light. Not even close. Substantially slower than that. Still quick, but it isn't an unavoidable speed of light strike. 

That would be very OP. :P

So.... Maser vision? That just makes it more powerful!

I'm curious about the thought process that led to that response.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Hmm, spacey-timey distortions make me wonder if gravity users can make themselves invisible in some way.

Some sort of bending space-time to reflect electromagnetic waves.

EDIT: Although I doubt anyone understands this IC >__>

But if anyone, gravity, magnetism and electrical elementals probably have the most science knowledge.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

On the subject of gravity users, BS01 says they can create Black Holes.

Is that still doable in the RPG, or was it removed for being too OP? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A Toa of Gravity can only effectively create a Black Hole by way of a Nova Blast. Nova Blasts are banned, so no black holes.

Any other species with elemental powers (Skakdi, Turaga) probably wouldn't be powerful enough to pull it off anyway.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

No, a gravity user can create black holes, I aksed earlier in the thread. They are small and controlled, but it is possible. I was under the same impression; I just don't want to consider what a nova blast's destruction is like.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Black holes, as far as I'm aware, are banned. What is permitted, though I had to do some chatting with my colleagues to verify, is a bit more along the lines of what the Snowshoe Lord did back in Ko-Wahi. Make gravity, within a certain area, pull towards a certain spot. Similar to a black hole in effect, but there isn't an event horizon to be concerned about. And it can be resisted, though with difficulty.

Anyone tries to pull a black hole, though, I'll be watching very carefully. :P It happened once, but it was a whole team of Ba-Toa, and it was part of a staff smite, not everyday use. 

So, as far as I'm aware, no, it is not permitted.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A staff smite? That sounds delightful. :)

Thanks for answering my questions; it seems my dead-but-not-dead-cuz-I-read-something-wrong Dark Toa of Gravity will not be sucking anyone into any black holes anytime soon. Oh well.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't remember asking any of you.

Stop.

Thing 1 is right, and black holes aren't allowed out of the sheer reason that they're black holes. It's not our job to inform you of common sense ruling. Anyone who contests it can come to me. I encourage you.

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

*contemplates testing the black hole rule*

*thinks better of it*

(yes, I am aware of the irony)

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Most people tend to enjoy close range combat more. Masks like the Sanok have somewhat limited usefulness at that range.

It could also be because it's kinda ugly looking.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Ah, staff smitings.

Heeelllo random castle in Ta. Been a while.

Eh?  What's this about?

Ah! No one go nuking The Outsiders base! We had permission from Nuju to put it there!

These examples make me glad my mercenary is homeless.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.