BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Sorry for the Vezon joke. Couldn't resist. I'm done now.

OOC: Is it against the rules to make a second Skakdi so they can use elemental powers, for this group mission thingy?

No rule agaisnt it, but it's usually more fun to interact with another player's character than just make up one of your own. And since it is a group mission, there will more than likely wind up being at least one other skakdi for your character to work with. 

Unless you wind up interacting with a character like Grokk, who wouldn't combine powers with another skakdi to save his life. 

Literally... he's dead now...

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I would say the best way to pull if off and not look like you are power gaming is to make a pair that play off each other nicely, and present new opportunities when interacting with others. A connection beyond 'lets hook up so we can use our powers together!" I've seen this played well, with Nato'a Mirra/Wisp, and Tyler's handling of multiple Piraka. It's hard to get introspective, but it can be easier to write when you have some control over reactions to a character.

The Kalta didn't even start as a team, the concept didn't exist until Kalyss. I come up with lots of combos for them, but a I do that for lots of character interactions. Vakua is still slightly interested in seeing if Dasaka armor is harmonic enough to carry a vibration, and use it as a focus for distant attacks.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Duos (or more) of characters played by one player for the purpose of abilities or combos is very discouraged. This is an interactive game, the whole point is to interact with other people. And that's setting aside the actual aspect of fairness.

Short answer: you technically can, but you're not doing yourself any favors.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In my case, I've tied the backstories of all my characters together, but they all depend on other players to function. Halyx and his merry band of adventurers are starting a new plot to head to Ko-Koro to stop Adomai from unleashing some death on the island, he wants to kill the Akiri because they made no effort to save him after he was abducting as a Matoran by the pirate Tallix, and all of them have met (and in Halyx's case, used to be friends with) the assassin Jorik, who is making a great effort to stop Halyx from regaining his memories.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I would say the best way to pull if off and not look like you are power gaming is to make a pair that play off each other nicely, and present new opportunities when interacting with others. A connection beyond 'lets hook up so we can use our powers together!" I've seen this played well, with Nato'a Mirra/Wisp, and Tyler's handling of multiple Piraka. It's hard to get introspective, but it can be easier to write when you have some control over reactions to a character.

Aw, thanks. But I have to say, I think the best example I've seen of a character combo who work really well from a characterization perspective is timeagness' conjoined skakdi twins, with the names I can't remember of the top of my head. The fact that their personalities clash is what makes their situation all the more interesting. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

RIP Grokk.

Or is he?

Grokk is dead. He fell into a coma, resultant of the serious injuries Dorian dealt him, and died out of it shortly thereafter. The Ta-Koro Guard cremated his body.

Sounds pretty dead to me.

I think at this point there may be nobody the player base at large would trust less re: Grokk's current status than you. 

Also, apologies for my absence the last few weeks; been a busier-than-usual holiday.  On the topic of dead(?) people in Ta-Koro, anyone need a coroner?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

RIP Grokk.

Or is he?

Grokk is dead. He fell into a coma, resultant of the serious injuries Dorian dealt him, and died out of it shortly thereafter. The Ta-Koro Guard cremated his body.

Sounds pretty dead to me.

Yes, he's dead. But for some reason, that hasn't exactly stopped him, has it? I mean, he argued with you in OOC

I aint seen a dead guy do that before. 

Bad Nato. No Vezons allowed.

I still have no idea what I want for Kotak. 

besides to make him tragically evil.

can Antidermis do that?

The chance of tragedy is always 100%

Anti works to create more evil and destruction in the world. Morally grey or anti-hero type characters would have their mind corrupted first. So batman would start killing criminals, etc etc

...but close to it

Tyler is... Well, I don't want to explain exactly what he sent to me in his last communication. But he'll be back.

Honestly, I've been bummed all day... This is, like, Grokk's biggest moment ever and his #1 fan is missing it. And I'm offended that Ty didn't send me this scandalous "last communication."

Rob bb, when you see this, we need to have a talk.

• Upvote 4

test2.png

And my guess is that Grokk is wherever Makuta got shuttled to by the Hiripaki. But I could be totally wrong. 

Well, I suspected the same thing.

But then, I also predicted that Grokk would come back as next arc's Big Bad, so perhaps you're all better off ignoring me...

Speaking of sight, since Grokk is seemingly defying all of the preexisting ideas regarding death in this game (not to mention the fourth wall), is it possible that an Iden or Rode user would be able to see Grokk? Not that they'd want to, but still...

So, so far, in the Big Bad department, we've had Teridax (sorry, MAKUTA) and Echelon, and if I'm not mistaken, the Piraka.

Okay, the problem is that if the Piraka were Big Bads, that means we now have seven Big Bads walking around. Logic dictates that they are no longer Big Bads, but several Small Bads.

Unless I'm wrong. Which I usually am.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

There isn't one Big Bad anymore. There's an army: the Mangaia Pact. 

Eh. I still just collectively think of them all as "team evil". 

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Grokk returned via a classic Iden mix-up.

Or if he started possessing his gold tooth to go on supernatural adventures with Dorian.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I hear there's a growing club for people who've had their lives messed up by Idens...

I half expect Grokk to come back in the body of a woman, but that's been done before. I do think it'd be absolutely hilarious if Grokk somehow wound up in the body of say, a Matoran. The sheer frustration of it all...

Aw, thanks. But I have to say, I think the best example I've seen of a character combo who work really well from a characterization perspective is timeagness' conjoined skakdi twins, with the names I can't remember of the top of my head. The fact that their personalities clash is what makes their situation all the more interesting. 

You mean Taranis and Tenjin?

I'm going to be frank and admit that the conjoined bit probably did stem from the whole "we have to be together to use our powers" thing, but what really sold me on making them was the irony that they were constantly at odds with each other yet they were forever stuck to each other. The inspiration there was how the canon versions of the Piraka were always bickering amongst themselves in the comics; I just decided to make the situation slightly worse for them.

The fact that their signature move is called The Thunder Clap was just icing on the cake.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

You mean Taranis and Tenjin?

That was them.

Seven big bads?

Yeah... Six Piraka and one Echelon. 

Eight if you count Larikon, since he's the Grandmaster of The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an.

Even Zenithex won't post until word's out on what he's up to. Speaking of which, I'd like to know if we're holding our sacrifice IC or if it was done during the time-skip.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Who controls the guards in Ko-Koro now? My character is trying to hand someone over to them for interrogation.