BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Korru (Po-Koro)

"You have got to be joking" Korru mumbled to himself as he listened to Exa's inane yelling. The De-Toa was trying the same move as before, but this time Korru was prepared for it.

Using his opponent's momentum, Korru squirmed out of harm's way, letting his opponent rush past him, by a hair, and aimed a punch at Exa's back.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

This was awkward.

Picture the scene: in the space of five minutes, a hot guy had me pinned against one half of the darkest, rankest alleys the Lost Koro had to offer and pulled out the sword that had not only once belonged to Makuta's most dangerous lieutenant, but also held the dubious title of the very flamberge that had run me through like a skewer spears through cooking meat on a grill a little more than a year ago. Upon this little epiphany we left the alleyway and had bounced over to the Akiri's office; the Toa of Fire was inside even now, conferring with Hewkii on how to get the next Charm so he could use it to finish his soul-searching quest, but not before leaving me with a little bit of logic to piece together in the waiting room. So far, what had I learned?

That if you held a competition for the Toa most likely to have a portal to Candy Land in his closet, Joske Nimil would not only be the victor, he would comprise of the entire list of nominees, present the award, create the montage to go with the announcement, and even be in the audience cheering for himself. He was that kind of noble.

I was sort of crouched down in the lone chair outside Hewkii's office waiting for Joske to wrap things up, one hand behind me because the wall the chair was propped in front of was so hard against the back of your head and I was dying for a pillow, and the other on the right armrest, tapping a finger every now and then. Briefly I wondered what Tuara was up to, whether she'd found where the rest of Joske's crew was staying. Tossed around the idea that maybe they hadn't, and I could intercept her and the two of us could have lunch with Joske, explain that our relationship wasn't a sham and that we were serious about each other. Maybe we could bring along Joske's 'betrothed' if she wanted in. Double date. What was her name again? I know Tuara had said it...it was way too loud in here, hard to concentrate...

Oh, wait. That was my fingers, drumming into the arm of the chair so loud that the miniature booms the digits made against the wood echoed through the waiting room. In the sheer impatient anger cultivated by the moment, I realized that my other hand had balled up into a fist to try and simply move it; my veins pulsed inside the arm so loud that I could hear that bass throughout the room, too. The mixture of sounds combined into one homogenous auditory siege against the ears that wasn't subsiding any time too soon. Again, for the third time in two minutes, i was wondering what was up with Joske. How much longer could he be? Not much longer. Hewkii had other things to do, and so did Joske and I.

I just had to wait a second, try and get over the impatience you'd usually except from a Toa of Fire until I was on my feet again. With that in mind, I looked around the waiting room outside Hewkii's office - I was alone; figured that for once when I wanted someone to alleviate my boredom, they had all bailed - and moved both my arms out front and clasped my hands, not putting either arm on the polished armrests. No time.

Yep.

Annnnnnnnnnnny minute.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Jin)

"If this Esao tried to stage a coup, then he's probably got a bit of a following. If we can play the two sides against each other, they could do the work for us."

That was my rational side speaking. The other half of me wanted to barge into Pala-Koro and cut through everyone I saw until I found Kethrye and did him off. That would be exciting. Thrilling, even. Dancing on the edge of the knife. Do or die. Forget about everything, and live in the moment, doing what had to be done.

But Bry didn't pay me to have fun. He paid me to do the job, and do it right. And, like it or not, doing it right meant playing smart.

Playing smart like killing civilians.

"We should do some intel to figure out how much of the ILF is loyal to Kethrye, and how many would follow Esao."

I paused. "And didn't the ILF fight Makuta? What're their goals now that the big guy's gone? Give 'em an enemy -even if it's an internal one- and they'll go to town just for something to do."

Ic: "The ILF fought the Makuta, but now that their enemy is gone they are rogue and seen as a threat. They haven't adapted a new directive yet, especially under Kethrye," Brykon elaborated, reclining on the floor against the furniture and pulling one of his cigars out. "As it so happens, however, they're main objective right now is rooting out whoever was guilty for destroying their village a few months back. They're been targeting Ambages for it, apparently not without reason."

He unwrapped his cigar and crumpled the gold leaf to dust and let it fall to the sandy floor as he struck a match on his abs and lit the roll that then dangled between his teeth. "That's fine, but they also barged into the architect's home without warrant and just on suspicions. Ambages wants Kethrye killed because he just ###### him off, apparently." He puffed on the cigar, lighting its tip up like the Red Star at night. "There's already infighting. We're there to stabilize them and make them go in a different direction -- Esao's direction. The man has all the beef on Kethrye and nothing on Ambages.

"Your suggestion for intel gathering is wise, though," he said. "Why don't you handle that -- here, read up while you're here. As soon as you're done getting the inside scoop, meet with the rest of us in Le-Koro. I'll get the other three operatives. I have a trick I've been wanting to try for a little," he said with a devious little grin.

Knocks at the door interrupted Stannis' conversation with Cael in the kitchen. Who could that be? he wondered. Joske with a pie in hand? He dreaded it a little as he stepped up and opened the door and saw--

"Lekua?" he breathed.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC

'I'll be the king of this island!' blazed Exa. By now he was twirling his mic in his fingers, and his simple shouts were amplified, nothing loud enough to do damage but enough to annoy.

Then he came again, using a few steps of high friction to easily reach a high speed before removing traction to easily slide across the rough desert ground. He tried the same trick again, swinging his tripod into Kurro's abdomen!

'Hear....the screams of my passion!!!'

IC (Manuka): A madman screaming nonsense in the middle of the village and assaulting a sentinel was bound to attract some attention, probably the kind that Exa wouldn't want. There was more than one sentinel in the village, after all, and sentinels stuck up for each other. If you messed with one, you messed with them all.

So when Manuka saw what was going on, he didn't yell and charge into the fight, he didn't scream back at the lunatic. Instead, he calmly raised his Vortixx rhotuka battle axe, carefully aimed at the toa's back, and quietly fired off one of his power-draining rhotuka. Maybe that would make him put a sock in it, at least temporarily.

ppg2.png

IC:

"Likewise, Toa Merror."

I took the offered hand and shook it. The contact was short, but firm, a sign of confidence. Despite having met before, Merror was right. This was technically our first official meeting; which also meant is was the first official impression we got off of each other. And what I saw was a fellow veteran Toa of fire. He had several decades on me, that much was certain, maybe even a century or two, but it was hard to guess how many years exactly.

I blamed it on his eyes. Their glow was sharp, showing no sign of age, but the kind of wisdom that comes with it. I briefly compared it to the previous day, when I had first laid eyes on Dorian and that, despite outward appearances, he seemed haunted. Merror was nothing like that. He probably had ghost of his own (Who doesn't?) but if they were there, they could not be seen. In any case, he knew what he was doing and didn't hide it behind his mask - which coincidentally happened to be a Calix as well. Somehow, that was not surprising. A Toa of fire wearing a Kaukau - now that would have been something; but I digress.

"And yes, I remember you from that intervention in Ga-Koro. You saved them a lot of widgets in property damage that day. I hope this time you and Joske got off on a better foot."

His change of expression was all the response that was needed. I let out a long breath. Kid, what am I going to do with you... I though, while placing my hands on my sides.

"Well, I am glad to see some things are still the same these days. Speaking of the speedster, where is he? I sent Dorian to find him and I want to make sure the kids get along."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Echelon and co from Ko-Wahi. Nice evil jam courtesy of Floridian Citrus, Indecisive Individual et moi. IC (Echelon, Onuzek, Aerus) A collection of five beings, three Matoran and two Toa, walked along the dunes in the shadow of one of the huge outcrops of sandstone that dotted the otherwise featureless desert. The lack of roads was no issue for them; their destination had never lain on the beaten track. Slowly at first, than with a rapidly increasing speed, a collection of Toa-sized stones came into view. They themselves were of not significance, but rather the fact that they lined the entrance towards a gaping hole in the side of the sandstone wall. The stalagmite-ringed maw was easily over twenty bio across, and nearly half as tall, like a giant pair of jaws placed in the red rock. It appeared natural enough, though the darkness seeping out, far more evil than the shadows within, was not in any way. Shadows seemed to cling to the area in a cold, velvety grip, threatening to suffocate those within their grasp. Sounds of screeching and slithering faintly emanated from the mouth of the cave, hardly an inviting greeting. Things have changed since my last visit. There's a presence that the cave once lacked, a chill breeze blowing in the desert, like the heat is being sucked away by the black hole that makes its entrance.The mouth of the cave stands, wide and gaping, the shrill screeches from within drifting toward us like echoes on the wind. I have a vision of it shutting the moment we're through, coming alive and swallowing us. Of course, it won't, but in metaphorical terms it's close, because it's taking us the same way: into the belly of the beast. Echelon strode up to the black maw, pausing as he stood in front of it, gazing into the void-like darkness within. Faint echoing sounds that Echelon identified as either Kraata or Parakuka emanated from it. A smile crept onto his gaunt mouth. What a fitting meeting place to breathe life into the Legacy. There was a lip of rock below the mouth of the cave; the hole did not extend all the way down to the sand. Some beings would have hoisted themselves up over this stone lip; not Echelon. Raising his hands, he called upon his elemental powers, and all five beings rose into the air and levitated into the cave. Echelon, at the spearhead, moved gracefully into a purposeful walk as his feet made contact with the stone. Behind him, the undead and Utu dropped heavily, knees bending to absorb the impact, and Aerus landed in a nimble crouch. A faint and eerie green light was given out by the jewel that topped Echelon's staff, the only light in the passageway save the glow of their eyes. For a time, nothing else but the unnatural hisses of creatures dwelling in the shadows greeted the company as they walked forward through the all encompassing darkness. That is, until a voice sounded from the inky black shadows, resonating off the hidden walls of the cave, causing it to sound like a multitude of beings speaking, rather than a single entity. The voice was deep, rumbling as if an entire mountain were speaking, though still carrying with it a refined edge that hinted towards a hidden intelligence. “Welcome, Echelon, to this humble abode,” It said, coming from slightly deeper within the cavern. With that, a shape began to resolve itself in the faint greenish glow of the Toa of Magnetism's staff. A massive form that made deceptively little noise as it moved towards the group. It was then, that one was able to distinguish the form of a Toa, though one that was in stark contrast to the necromancer before it. The being was hulking mass of muscle, broader in the shoulder and thicker in the arm and chest than even the gigantic Toa of Ice standing motionless behind Echelon, though his misshapen posture, which was hunched and squat like that of a Toa of Earth, brought him below the former Mark Bearer of Fear in terms of height. Twin points of bloodred light burned from beneath a purple Kanohi that was pitted and scarred from Infection. The Toa lowered his head in greeting, spreading two mammoth arms out from his sides, palms forward, as he bowed. “Your visit has been highly... anticipated.” The shadows move.Shadows don't just follow rules, sometimes they move as they wish to, and this is without doubt a case of that. As the gargantuan being approaches, the shadows twist around him, obscuring him, his blood-red eyes piercing them, two pinpricks in an indistinguishable mass of darkness. When he speaks, his voice is low, rumbling and echoing. But what would you expect of a mountain's speech but an avalanche? Slowly, he moves into the eerie green light, his pitted purple mask made further malevolent through its glow. At last, he bows, his gigantic arms spreading as he lowers his head and gives us the clichéd message that could only come next:He's been expecting us. Echelon knew of Onuzek's presence even before he had started speaking. Even in the blackest shadow, nothing could conceal metal from magnetism's invisible touch. As the massive infected Toa bowed, he returned the greeting with an inclination of his head, though his eyes never left their mountain-like host. "And not only by you, Onuzek," he replied. "Today, the Legacy will rise. The shadows will flock to our call, and the great work shall begin. The threads of the web draw together." The Necromancer walked past Onuzek and continued out into the middle of the pitch-black cavern, looking around into the empty darkness - and while his eyes could make out nothing whatsoever, his magnetic senses located several metal objects around them. Exactly as specified, he thought approvingly. He raised his staff. There was a brief hum of magnetism, and several mechanisms in the shadows sprang into life, flicking sparks into pans of oil - And flames flared into life along the walls, illuminating the shadowy cave with flickering orange light. The shadows they cast danced across the natural stone pillars that held up the massive ceiling and revealed to the gathered beings' eyes the scale of the cavern in which they stood. Echelon turned back to Onuzek and the others. "Sometimes even light can be a necessary tool," he said. "I like to think of it as...bending an enemy to one's will." Utu and the undead were the unspoken signs of Echelon's favour for that particular concept. "Of course, for an enemy is especially useful when they can work towards one's own goals," The monolithic Toa agreed, his features jagged and harsh in the flickering shadows provided by the fires. In the orange glow, even the purple sections of his spike-studded armor took on a black hue. "And it would be a shame to waste such potential." Onuzek didn't seem to notice the beings that had accompanied the dark necromancer, this his bloodred gaze had flicked towards Aerus, holding the Vo-Matoran in his sight for the briefest of seconds. It was simple enough to tell which of them weren't reanimated corpses or husks of their former selves. "Indeed."The threads of the web draw together.The threads of the web, drawn together at last.Echelon's words are my own.Or are my words Echelon's?The similarity is intriguing. Great minds think alike, someone once said, and Echelon's is truly a great (if twisted) mind. Perhaps we're not as different as I'd like to think. An exciting thought. A disturbing thought.I'm jolted out of my thoughts as the giant turns his gaze to me, in response to Echelon's comment on the manipulation of his enemies. Funny. I'm not an enemy.Not yet.As Echelon speaks again things come to silence, and as the dancing flames cast their flickering light on my dark companions I realise it lies on me to make things move. "So what happens now?"My dark companions. Yes, they are dark. But as the orange light turns my blue armour to a soulless black and my empty shadow stretches across the ground I realise I might be just as dark as they are.

"Now," said Echelon, "we wait. The others will soon arrive. And when they are here, we can begin."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Karemo and Kitano): The exit from the Dark Walk was guarded by two Toa and three Matoran, but they weren't too much trouble for Karemo and Kitano. As soon as they peeked around a corner and saw the bright sunlight streaming in and rocky cliffs far in the distance, Kitano was able to move across that distance with his mask of quick-travel. He blinked quickly on top of the cliffs, trying to adjust the the bright desert sunlight after the deep darkness of Mangaia. Still he was out and far away, so that the guards saw neither his leaving nor his arrival.

Karemo didn't have the luxury of remaining unseen, so he had to rely on speed and getting out of reach quickly. He went a long way back down the tunnel before activiating his mask of flight and taking to the air. With his body horizontal, he zoomed forward, gaining speed all the while, before he hit the last corner like a huge, iron bullet. His speed made him almost swerve into a wall as he made the turn, but he avoided it and then he was going up, up and out, into the bright blue sky. The guards below gave startled cries and one hurled a boulder using his mask of strength, but the shot was fired too quickly and arced past Karemo's left side. By the time the other guards had raised their disks and other projectiles, he was too high up for them to reach him. His ears popped as he quickly gained altitude, soring a hundered bio up, two hundered, before finally levelling off at three hunderd, where he was no more than a tiny black speck in the sky. From there, he pointed himself east towards where Kitano had teleported.

The two met up there, on top of the cliffs, before following the directions they had been given to find the cave where the Legacy would hold its first meeting. With the help of their masks, the journey did not last long, and soon both touched down outside the unnaturally dark, hungry-looking entracnce. They had been here once before, when gathering for the battle at Pala-Koro. All going to plan, their second visit would lead to even more success.

They moved slowly inside, feet softly crunching on the sandy floor. By the light of the flames, they saw that others were here, including the one who had called the meeting. "Echelon" Karemo said simply. "We have come, as you asked."

ppg2.png

IC: Pae - Po-Wahi - Meeting PlacePae crossed through the darkness with perfect silence. His feet were swift and precise and made no sound as they padded the floor beneath him. His jet black armor blended in perfectly with the darkness, and it wasn't until he had approached the masses his presence was known. Hands on his protosteel hammers he had gained before the siege on Pala-Koro, he scanned each party member individually, taking note of their body language and and posture. He timed the breaths they were taking before blinking away the information. He had been increasingly agitated, and had begun to let his ruthless efficiency creep into place when it wasn't needed. Pae might've been at the top of his game almost always, but that didn't mean he needed to exert brain power during a moment such as this. He had problems to worry about, how quickly each person around him breathed wasn't important.The toned Toa stepped into place, his distance equal from the beings on both side. He, per usual, stood and watched, making eye contact with Echelon. No nod, no words.IC: Tuara Drigton - Po-KoroTuara, having done a circuit in the small shop, walked outside again. Agni and Merror were just about finished their conversation when she returned to them. She wasn't too sure about meeting Joske again.Whatever, it shouldn't be a problem. Tuara was different now. There was control. And as long as nobody got breakfast foods involved, she'd do fine.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Exa

As I swing my weapon, suddenly he twists around. How the heck to big massive people twist? Awkward how they must sleep. Still, I couldn't balance my inertia to swing around, nor did I think of using my element.

*Whump!*

I wasn't necessarily sent flying but I definitely did land hard on the ground. I lay there for a second, before a random rhotuka flew right over my head. 'Oh come on!' I shouted, 'That guy attacked me first!'

IC: Aurum

As the guards shouted and fired off disks and whatever weaponry they had that simply didn't manage to hit Karemo, they didn't manage to see the footsteps leading away from behind them, belonging to a near invisible Volitak user who started to walk in the direction of Karemo's flight path and where it would end. From there, he would know the way towards Legacy's cave.

Still, it was #$&*@^$# how he had been left behind. While he didn't really see why Karemo would have had to babysit carry him, it did feel annoying knowing he'd be late. Not that he cared, but some courtesy would have been nice.

Aurum continued to walk eastwards.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Hewkii's eyebrow raised. "Interesting." He said. "I won't question why you're collecting charms, though I admit I'm curious. In any case, I would not be averse to giving you mine. It seems harmless enough." He leaned down and pulled it out from a small drawer, handing it to Joske. "Before you leave," Hewkii said, "What do you think of the Dasaka?"

:w:

IC

[Hewkii's office, Po-Koro - late morning]

"The day-sook-what?"

I butchered the term he had just spoken as I fumbled my words, racking my brain for anything that might help me answer that question. Anything. Come noggin, come on...

Nope. Nothing but a big, huge blank. Despite myself I started laughing at it all, eventually regaining my composure.

"Forgive me Hewkii, that laugh was not aimed at you. After the events of Kini-nui I went straight to the Massif in Ko-Wahi, cutting myself off from people, news, civilization... pretty much the world at large as I went over and dealt with everything that happened there. I literally have no idea how much the island has changed in the last three months, including not knowing that you took measures to better hid this Koro. I didn't even know about the Dark Walk and how to use it to get here until Toa Merror was kind enough to show me and explain it's existence! An army of Rahkshi... amazing. Oh, sorry. So, anyway, I regret to inform you, but the term 'Dasaka' means nothing to me; as far as I am concerned it could be anything from a rare fruit to a new type of machine. There is a lot I need to catch up on, but I'm looking forward to it."

I held the Charm of Creation up, taking a moment to study its features. Unless I was mistaken this was the last one I needed; already I could feel the butterflies starting to make their presence known. I looked back at Hewkii.

"Thank you Akiri; this means a lot me. I wish I could give you the information you seek, but as I have not been part of civilization at large for the last three months I am fairly ignorant of current affairs. Unless there is something else you wished to speak of... ?"

I stood, giving a respectful pause.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Hewkii shook his head. "If memory serves, they're a technologically advanced race that puts Onu-Koro to shame, recently arrived here from their home islands in something they call a 'sub-marine.' They do not share much information, and I thought the mystery might interest an explorer like you. However, it is of little consequence at the moment. I am pleased to help you, Joske. Good luck on your travels and may Mata Nui guide you."

:w:

IC (Manuka): His first spinner had missed, but now the troublemaker was on the ground, where it would be more difficult to avoid more of them. Manuka took the opportunity to move a lot closer to his target before lining up his next shot, then shot another rhotuka towards the toa where he lay on the ground. He ignored his words about having been attacked first - he trusted a fellow sentinel over a self-proclaimed "King of Mata Nui" any day of the week.

ppg2.png

IC

I pushed myself up. I was by no means tired, but if there were two of them this changed things. Of course, I can easily beat them, but a Hero doesn't harm others. However, when I was kneeling, I caught the sight of movement in my peripheral vision, and quickly launched myself forwards, letting myself slide on belly with the power of my mask. As I did, I maneuvered my body to twist around, somewhat like a skater swiftly getting up from the ground, except without standing up.

And so, on the floor, still sliding, I stuck my tongue out and wagged my hands, mocking the both of them as I shouted, 'Have fun being jobless!' And then I leapt up, and started to run to report the crime of assault.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC

[Hewkii's office, Po-Koro - late morning]

I bowed in respect to the Akiri. "Same to you Hewkii. If I happen to meet one of these beings I'll keep what you said in mind; perhaps I'll meet up with them one day... if they're still around. Thank you again for your time and generosity."

With that I took my leave, letting the village leader to resume his daily duties. As I stepped into the lobby my eyes were immediately drawn to the single standing figure, a Toa that looked...

"Impatient much?"

I chuckled dryly as he whirled around to face me. I couldn't of been gone for more than five minutes, yet he already was acting like a little kid who was separated from his mother in the middle of the Bazaar. For being a Toa of Iron he had many Ta-Toa qualities, something that intrigued me. He intrigued me in general, a very complicated type of person with many layers hidden beneath a thick cloak wrapped tightly in a robe. I could already feel a type of connection with our personalities, but knew it would take some time to sort him out completely. It would seem as though the fates conspired against me for the one act of bringing Cael back.

Kara was a cruel mistress.

"Sooooooo... "

I gave a sad face and held out an empty palm. I closed my fist, then opened it... only to have the Charm of Strategy between two fingers. In closed my fist again, and in continuation of my slight of hand when I opened it there were two charms, the second the Charm of Creation. He stared at me as I closed it one last time... and when I opened, they were gone once again; except that my sad face was now replaced with a suave grin.

The Kakama was an amazing mask if I do say so myself.

I figured Dor was smart enough to put two and two together, but that didn't matter. The best kind of magic trick is the kind that you know exactly what and how the magician is doing it, but you still can't spot him doing the trick. What I did was relatively simple, a mere slight of hand, one of the oldest tricks in the book. But what made it so spectacular was my ability to keep everything else perfectly still and when I moved my hand back, it was in the exact same spot when it left, making it look like it never moved at all. This is what happens when you devote a four months of you life perfecting the traits of a single ability... not to mention I was an astute if not gifted student, as Agni would attest. The few times I would venture out into the occupied areas of the Massif I would practice and entertain these simple tricks with the children there, and they simply ate it up. Being a street magician may be a bit mundane and possibly a waste of time to some people, but it had proven to me to be highly entertaining if not a delightful diversion to my constant depression. It had its uses.

Like right now.

Without another word I sauntered up to the standing Dor, my eyes closed, a satisfied half-smile playing on my lips. Even without looking I could feel his presence, for an attitude and ego like that was hard to ignore. With the lightest of touches I tapped him on the side of the face, as my fingers withdrew between them was my newest charm. For all intents and purposes it appeared that I had pulled it right out of his cheek, somewhere between where the mask and jawline met. My eyes never opened, but my smile grew wider, my spare hand resting casually on my hip, and with a snap of the fingers it vanished. Only now did my eyes open, and only halfway as I gazed at him.

"Honestly I don't know who is unluckier with this pairing; you or me. In any case I got the charm, and from what I can tell I do believe I have the full set - I think I got Hewkii in a good mood."

I turned to face the door, arms crossed. "I think it's time we bust this joint and make our way back to the party... after all, we have a Temple to locate and a door to unlock. Not to mention breakfast to eat. I'm famished! TO FOOD!"

With that I pointed and marched out the door into the blazing sunlight... despite the fact it was closer to lunch than it was breakfast at this point.

But my stomach didn't care was time it was; it hadn't eaten all day. It just wanted sustenance and I didn't practice cannibalism.

I could really go for a pancake wrap right about now...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Korru (Po-Koro)

"How the karz does he do that?" Korru asked in frustration, referring to Exa's strange "sliding" abilities as he took notice of the Vortixx that'd helped him out.

"Anyway, thanks" Korru said "Though I'm afraid this case'll get messy, I did kinda overreact and attack him first, unless he knows a way to make the ground slippery"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Manuka): "Well, he must do" Manuka replied quickly, not taking his eyes of the retreating figure. "Look at all the slidy stuff he's done otherwise. Come on, we can still catch him!"

He held out his axe between the two of them so they one rhotuka launcher was facing each of them, then fired his telekinetic rhotuka, temporarily giving him telekinetic control over both of their bodies. He threw both of them into the air in a long arc, so that they stayed quite low to the ground but got excellent distance out of the jump. He hit the ground running, having caught up almost to the fleeing toa of sonics.

OOC: Slight bunnying of Korru done with permission.

ppg2.png

IC

Tap! Tap! Slide, press play......and we're good to go!

The song blared through my headphones, which were safely secured by my mask as well. I didn't know exactly if they were behind me, but I was pretty sure that they would either have a painful pride (Oh no! Better cry back to mommy!) or they wanted to keep their job after assaulting me. As I continued running, I risked a look behind, and sure enough, there were the two butt buddies flying through the air through some powered jump, and landed sprinting.

'Oh, come on! You're the Sentinel! You should be doing good, not assaulting the random bypasser just because they laughed!'

I still had a small lead on them, so I span, and held, after spinning my weapon just for theatrics, I gripped it straight. If there had been some oil or fuel for a fire, this next attack would've looked ten times as blazingly awesome, but for now, my simply sonics would do.

'Rock JusFang!' I roared my pun-based attack into my mic, and amplified it, firing it forwards. It was loud, but I was already listening to music, so that didn't really matter. The vibrations in the air oscillated forwards in the shape of a tri-blade, in accordance to my weapon, but the sheer power which even I couldn't actually control was what made the attack fearsome. It instantly made bystanders cup their hands over their ears, but to the Vortixx and the Lesterin, both of whom I had placed in my inaccurate (Made up for with power!) attack's center to be hit by the three sonic blades.

'Now let me go! I've got a crime to report, and you're just making it worse.'

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

"Dasaka?"

As we'd walked and chatted idly the subject had flipped around from how Ta-Koro was doing, what everyone he'd rolled with had been up to after the defense of Kini-Nui, his athletic career, my artistic, linguistic, musical, psychiatric, taxidermic, taxi driving, bartending, and other careers, typical stuff; he seemed to make a deliberate effort not to try and butt into my relationship with Tuara. So eventually, I brought up what had gone down in the past couple hours - why he needed the Charms, what they did, why he wanted to go - and eventually he'd filled me in on what had gone down in the meeting with Hewkii, from the conversation on the Charms to--

"Yeah, Dasaka. Heard of 'em?"

At first I wasn't sure if Dasaka was one of those that-which-shall-not-be-spoken-by-mortal-tongue kinds of words that would mark us for death if we talked too much about it, but after I made sure that there wasn't an ominous, animated black spot on either of my palms I figured we were in the clear and started to think.

"Dasaka...sounds familiar. I wanna say it's this seafood dish I got Tuara on, like, our sixth date...it's got, like, cubes of squid inside cubes of octopus with Ruki scale seasoning and a whole tray of seasonings and sauces and...I got it!" I cried suddenly with a jubilant snap of my fingers. "Alien creatures that come from the sub marine...you owe him a seafood dinner in exchange for that Charm, Jos."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Korru (Po-Koro) 'Oh, come on! You're the Sentinel! You should be doing good, not assaulting the random bypasser just because they laughed!' "Look, if you'll just act civilized and cool down a notch..." The rest of what Korru was going to say drowned in a blast of sonic shockwaves striking him right in the chest, lifting the massive Lesterin off the ground and slamming into a nearby hut wall. As he shambled through the small clutter of rubble he'd spawned. He found himself having increasingly gory fantasies regarding Exa. "That's it" he growled and grabbed his broadsword "all bets are off"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Hari)

"Yay! I can't wait, I haven't seen Ga Koro in so long." Hari said, then gave her order, the green tea and bean curd returned, and she munched away happily on the foods while sipping on her tea, she loved tea, hated that thing they called coffee, couldn't understand why anyone would want to drink the foul stuff. Given Hari though it was probably a good thing she never had coffee, or she would be completely out of control. Hari herself had finally grow impatient, she had been cooped up in this village for months and now she was finally getting out. "Come on ma'am, we're wastin' daylight!" She said with a laugh and sounding awfully like Toa Noran for a second, and grabbed her superior officer's armor. Hari would deal with the consequences later, right now she was extremely keen on seeing Emotia, Tillian and Skyra again. She wondered how that was treating all them, as she made great speed to the gates. Waving off the guards and making her way to the ship. Her and Naona would be seeing Tillian soon, all of their friends possibly!

OOC: Hari and (I think) Naona to Ga-Wahi.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Echelon)

"As I see," Echelon replied. "Welcome, brothers."

He glanced over his shoulder, meeting Pae's gaze. The Inquisitor gave no form of greeting, but Echelon inclined his head slightly, acknowledging his presence. He knew that Pae would be a powerful asset to the cause, not only as a direct agent, but also for rooting out disloyalty. A powerful ally.

Three had arrived. More were to come.

In the meantime, he moved over to Karemo.

"Karemo, I have need of your abilities," he said. The Toa of Iron was skilled in the creation of items from his element, as Echelon knew well. Bringing him aside, Echelon described his requests: first, a large three-dimensional map of the island with markers in certain locations, and second, a collection of simple metal shards. Such things should be of little difficulty for Karemo.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Stendhal

The Kanohi Kakama could potentially carry its user to speeds beyond that of sound itself. Fortunately for Stendhal, a Kualsi wearer could essentially travel at the speed of light, being able to vanish from one spot and appear in another almost instantly. So, as Stendhal was flung into the air, he rotated his body so the sand below was in sight, and willed himself to be there. Rynekk's usually superior speed was outmatched by Stendhal's teleportation, and the Toa of stone's momentum carried him further than he may have wished.

Stendhal made no move to retaliate, only turned and continued to run away. It was clear that he could teleport again if he desired, but was choosing not to for whatever reason.

IC: Kapa from Ko-Koro

It sure is nice to be out of the Ko-Wahi cold. Thought Kapa as he entered Po-Koro's gateway. I mean, I love Nipaki, but I just can't understand how he can live in that frozen wastleland. Po-Wahi, now there's a place worth living. Plenty of sun, great architecture, and Kohlii!!. Kapa returned to his hut, littered with half-finished sculptures, art projects, and knick-knacks. He moved some of them off of his table and sat down for a meal, where he mused over what Nipaki had asked him to do. How am I going to sell the League to others?

After eating, Kapa went outside and journeyed to the center square of Po-Koro, where he tried to recruit others to the League of Koros.

OOC: Kapa is open for interaction

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

OOC: Demas from Ko-Wahi.IC: Demas' cloak swished rhythmically through the sand behind him as he trudged through the endless wasteland. The lenses on his mask were in constant motion, emitting a soft droning buzz as they focused and refocused on a point off in the distance. His stride was even and collected; he carried himself with the confidence of one simply walking down the same street he traversed every day of his life. It was clear that he knew with complete certainty the path to his destination, though he had, in fact, never been there before.

Presently a massive outcropping of sandstone loomed into view. Those things were a dime a dozen out here, but this one was unique in a very significant way. As he approached, dark, yawning hole became visible - no, like, it literally could have been yawning; it looked for all the world like the gaping mouth of some massive rahi. Well, except for the fact that darkness was spilling out of it or something. Rahi didn't usually do that.

Demas vanished into the darkness, adjusting his lenses to make up for the lack of light. Through the use of his mask, he detected the presence of several others, none of whom he recognized. He was certain that within moments they would detect his presence as well - no sense beating around the bush.

"Greetings," was Demas' greeting.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC (Merror)

As Agni read Merror's face during that brief handshake, Merror did the same for him. Agni was well-built (firm handshake) and his armour was well-polished - in fact, it looked brighter than he remembered, with gold where there had once been black. His mask was a Kualsi, behind which glowed orange eyes. You could tell a lot of things about a person from their eyes, just as he guessed Agni was doing right now. His fellow Toa of Fire had a straightness in his posture that one might put down to his service in the Guard; Merror judged him to be more of a military man than he was.

All the same, he recognised Agni as a man not unlike himself; kind, valiant, moral - a man who lived by more than just the laws and regulations of his village.

"As I said," he replied, "the last I knew, he was headed for Golyo the herder's residence - wherever it is. He was looking for the charms, and - "

He stopped as a flash of gold caught his eye, looking at something over Agni's shoulder.

"Well, speak of Karzahni."

He smiled wryly as Joske approached, and tossed him the pancake wrap.

"Shame on you for running off without your breakfast," he joked. "So, how did it go? Did you find the charms?"

Edited by Ghosthands

OOC: Sorry, couldn't resist.

IC:

The pancake-wrap sailed through the air, until a red hand caught it in mid-air. But it wasn't Joske. No, the former Kolhii-champion found himself with an outstretched arm looking up at a face he knew all too well, although the mask was a different colour.

The Kualsi was quite the handy tool if you knew how to use it. One look and I had switched position to right in front of him, catching his breakfast without even looking up, apropos of nothing. I felt like grinning, though I kept my mouth set in stone for the moment as I looked down at my friend with hard eyes.

"Three months." I said.

"Three months and not a single word."

At that point, the grin I was holding back broke through.

"Joske, you got some 'splainin to do!"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Manuka): Manuka wasn't quick enough to avoid the sonic blast from such close range, and was violently thrown backwards, landing hard on the ground feeling like he's taken a long ride in an ussal cart over Po-Wahi's bumpiest stone rode. The vibrations had really shaken him up. He groaned and sat up, trying to get himself orientated.

IC (Karemo and Kitano): The Toa of iron set to work creating the things Echelon had asked. He could imagine that a map would be very useful in making plans, and it didn't take a genius to work out what the shards were for. He made those first, since they were less complicated and wouldn't take as much concentration. Soon, he had a good-sized pile of them sitting on a stone shelf.

The map he made a bio long and a little over half that in width. He had flown over the island quite a lot using his mask, so he had a decent knowldge of what it should look like from the air. The area in and around Po-Wahi was the most detailed, since that was wherre he had flown the most, as well as down a line between Po-Wahi and the Kini-Nui. Running his hands over the metal, he created rises and dips to fit the topography he knew of, occasionally exchanging words with his brother to make sure he had the terrain and placements right. When the map was ready to have the markers put on, Kitano took over. He created small lightstone chips and embedded them in coloured gems, so that each spot glowed with a different hue. Karemo embedded these in the metal, and then stepped back. The map was done.

The map:

karemo_map.png

ppg2.png

IC: Exa - Aurum

'Uh oh!' I said in a slow voice in a taunt as I slowly lowered my body to the ground for a launch in no particular direction, 'Somebody's been a baaad Sentinel!'

=====

Aurum continued to walk. In the distance, he saw the unnaturally placed stones denoted a road into the cave - his destination. While under the bright sun he was a metal glare, his polished armor reflecting light, as he entered the radiance was instantly replaced by the darkness, rushing in to relieve his armor of the warmth from the light.

Pulling off his hood, he entered. Unlike the others, he didn't take in any precautions - no silent footsteps, no noticing of others. He entered as he would another person's home - being welcomed to be welcome.

If that made sense.

From inside, he could see the group, still shrouded in shadows but with light emanating from a model of Mata Nui, glowing in the multiple hue's of the rainbow.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: "Morning, Stannis," Lekua said with a grin. "Y'know, I think you've gotten a bit...taller since I last saw you." He glanced past his friend into the house. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything?"

"Indeed I have," Stannis said, "or you've shrunk." He remained serious despite the prod and stepped aside to allow Lekua admittance to the home. "You're not interrupting anything yet. How have you been since we last spoke on the side of the glacier? Is... is Nichou well?" he asked as Lekua entered.

IC: Prei

"Be quiet, please."

I had broken away from my lackluster conversation with Tera to step up behind this ... rockstar? Clown? Cultist who was promoting his evil ways through rock and roll? The incarnation of the Makuta? I had no idea, but he was getting loud, and it was disturbing the village.

"If you wish to report a crime," I said calmly, taking out a notebook. "Please do so now. Before my colleague decides to ignore regulations and punch you."

IC

[Po-Koro streets - late morning]

First I was rolling my eyes at Dor in exasperation for his interpretation of the word "Dasaka"... if only for the fact that he kept mentioning FOOD and I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon.

Then, elation. There was Merror, standing in the street, and in star-aligned timing carrying a handful of FOOD... just for me. He mentioned something about shame and breakfast and charms, but I wasn't listening - my eyes were glued to that rolled masterpiece, a heavenly combination of pan-fried golden brown batter drenched in butter, a small trail of thick, sweet syrup following behind it as it gracefully arced through the air, the morning sun glistening off the droplets as my tongue hung out of my mouth, watering and slobbering.

That is, until HE caught it.

I found myself with an outstretched arm looking up at a face I knew all too well, although the mask was now a different color, as usual COMING OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE to mess with my life. He had caught my breakfast without even looking up, an apropos of nothing as he looked at me with a stony mask and hard eyes. My eyes longingly diverted to the pancake wrap.

"Three months."

I looked at him.

"Three months and not a single word."

Back to the pancake.

At this point the grin that he was apparently holding back broke through. "Joske, you got some 'splainin to do!"

Back to him.

Then ever-so-slowly back to the food. I licked my lips.

"Joske... "

"Only if you have, like, fifteen more of those."

"What?!" The confused look on his face was priceless. I smiled madly, then shrugged suspiciously.

"Nooooooo? Well, I guess I'm not gonna be esplain' anythin' then... old fart!"

The only primal urge stronger than hunger and starvation was that of self-preservation, and that's what the two of us had respectively. So what followed next was a textbook example of a Kakama user verses a Kualsi wearer in mortal, deadly, and vicious hand-to-hand combat... which meant you didn't see anything. Well, maybe the occasional red and gold blur as we were the same color scheme. I mean, think about it: in one corner you have one guy who can travel instantaneously any visible distance, and in the other a guy who can move and react at near the speed of thought. In other words generally an even match. Oh yeah, almost forgot-

The guy with the Kualsi? He trained me to be faster than him.

Not to mention all those lessons got the "practical application" upon impact of Heuani. So needless to say about five seconds later - or an eternity later, depending on whose view you were looking at - the fight was over. I was straddling Agni between my legs, the mashed, syrupy prize in hand. We looked terrible, several new bruises and cuts where there weren't any earlier, and despite the combined fitness of both our bodies we each had difficulty catching our breath. Still, victory was mine, and with a single chomp the pancake wrap was gone.

Sustenance! Victory! Vindica-

*growl*

And with that remark from my stomach my little power trip came to a sudden, crashing halt. I looked down at Agni, who was glaring at me from the ground.

"Well, my former mentor, it would appear that-"

"-I am right behind you."

Somewhere in my half-completed sentence he had melted into the the sand beneath me, magically materializing behind me even as I stumbled at the loss of his body mass under me, somehow weaving it to look stupendous even as he finished my sentence for me. Inwardly I sighed as from the corner of my eye I saw his fist coming down.

The guy still has class. Bummer.

My Kakama pulsed, and I super-sped-crawled along the ground, leaving a trail in the sand even as Agni's fist smashed nothing but air. By the time I was on my feet again I was halfway down the block, running like a crazed lunatic to get away from the only living Toa who had a chance of catching up to me.

"I'll be raiding Stannis' pantry if you need me!" I screamed behind me, waving hand as I booked down the streets. A few seconds later I was back at the Toa of Stone's abode, breezing through the door and past both him and his new visitor that apparently just showed up. By the time they turned to look at me and realize what was going on I was already stepping out of the pantry, arms overflowing with foodstuff as I devoured everything in sight.

"Shorry *smack munch* buft I'm a shtad hungy *smack gulp*. Seen Cael?"

I wasn't completely normal if I hadn't eaten in a while...

IC: Ogeka

Finally, the Ta-Toa exited the Akiri's office, and Ogeka was first on his feet, running to the door. Then, he remembered the Su-Matoran just behind him looking just as impatient.

"Go ahead, I bet you have something much more interesting to tell him."

OOC: Anyone at the Po-Koro gates? Uitad's standing there waiting to be allowed to enter.

IC: Komae

In the residential district of Po-Koro, a very ordinary Po-Matoran stepped out of a very ordinary house and closed his very ordinary door, though if he'd been aware of being described as such he'd have said that was probably laying it on a bit thick, even for him.With a whistle, Komae adjusted the strap on the bag hanging over his shoulder and stepped out into the street. A few days had passed since his run-in with the worker at the quarry, and he'd wound up making off like a bandit on a particularly nice chunk of granite well-suited to carving. The store's owner was a friendly fellow who had taken well to Komae's amiable personailty, and when he'd heard that his would-be customer had taken the time out of his day to have a good talk with one of his workers - without distracting her overmuch from her job - he'd been happy to shave a little off the price. (Komae's not-too-subtle hints that he might be interested in future purchases may also have had something to do with it.)Today's wares were mostly a set of smaller trinkets he'd spent the better part of the previous day carving out - miniature Kanohi that (he thought, at least) made for quite pleasant little accessories, be it as brooch or earring or pin. A few Kakama were mixed in with the rest, a rarity for him, but given the recent arrival of Toa Joske, he felt it appropriate for the occasion. I wonder what he's here for, anyway? he mused as he strolled down the lane. Probably something suitably heroic - a bit of questing here, a dash of villain-thwarting there. Not that it much mattered - Komae felt quite absolutely certain that it had nothing to do with him personally (though if it was some island-shaking battle against evil, it might have quite a bit to do with him impersonally), and so the thought of going out of his way to meet the Toa never once crossed his mind.The wind was blowing just the slightest, and the sand whipping through the air slipped into the cracks of his mask with a familiar stinging sigh. Humming to himself, he took a left at the bazaar and scanned the crowd for any likely buyers. Sentinel glaring at a rather confused-looking Matoran? Nope, that's no good. Merchants behind their stalls? May as well try and sell his work to a statue, it'd get him the same return on investment.Stocky-looking, rocky-looking weaponsmith and former mapmaker leaning against a wall, apparently taking just a moment's rest?Well, why not?With a cadence in his step that demanded to be called a 'spring' but couldn't really do so in good faith given the fact it was interrupted every few seconds by nearly (or actually) bumping into the street's other occupants, Komae set off down the street."Heya, Beosach!"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Tuara Drigton - Po-KoroTuara laughed, clapping as the dust settled. Agni was in the sand, blinking. After she stopped chuckling, she put her hands on her hips, leaning down. Agni might've been shaken and maybe a little flustered, "Don't look so glum Agni," her smile widened and she pointed at the Toa of Fire getting to his feet, "You didn't get the breakfast shoved down your throat," Dorian gave her a very quizzical look. She returned the expression when she winked at him, "Long story tell you later," Coming back up to her full height she clapped her fingerless gloves together again, a dust cloud bursting from the fabric into the air around them, "Who can direct me to the nearest "Stannis' pantry" so I can give our mutual friend a real Ta-Koro welcome back to civilization," She twisted one hand suddenly letting the curve of her fingers rest into the larger curve of the opposite hand. Her knuckles cracked rather loudly.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC

'YES MA'AM!' I screeched quickly, turning around. It was then that I realized that Prei didn't have the curves a female usually had, so for the first second all I thought (And may have said) was 'What the....mutated woman??'

On recount, that was pretty offensive.

'I would like to report crime that those two-' I pointed towards the Lesterin and Vortixx, 'have been assaulting me for the....' I look down towards my weapon's installed iStone. The music had, apparently, gone for 25 seconds since I started it. 'About 30 seconds. And might I say that it was for no reason at all. So, yeah. Sentinels not being nice.'

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC (Manuka): "Yeah right" Manuka said acidly, still visibly shaken from the sonic barrage, but at least able to run up to the two. "Reasons are that this troublemaker insulted and attacked Korru while making a public nuissance of himself, and refused to cooperate when asked politely."

Just in case the toa tried anything funny, he had his axe raised slightly in one hand, ready to fire another spinner.

ppg2.png