Normal Makuta Form

Most likely titans with wings. But it is not certain if there is such a thing. They would all have been in a form when made, but why is another question. And regardless of that, they usually take forms that they personally prefer (except when taking forms for tactical reasons), so it's possible a Makuta might spend virtually no time in the form they started with.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Whatever they looked like before they had the ability to shape-shift, Which we don't know. It's up to your imagination.

By the time of anything that has been part of the main story, they probably haven't taken those forms in a long time, in favour or more perfect or case-appropriate shapes.

Whatever they looked like before they had the ability to shape-shift

They always had the ability to shapeshift.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I have a picture here:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070407153934/bionicle/images/e/e6/Makuta_species.jpg

I dont know if this is canon but I always figured it was their canon form.

That's actually a rather good explanation for that exact art piece and why it's here there and looks that way. But I wonder if it's canon that they all had the Kraakhan and wielded the same Staff of Darkness haha. I guess not.

Edited by bonesiii
Spoiler tags removed, pic linked for quote. -bones

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

I have a picture here:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070407153934/bionicle/images/e/e6/Makuta_species.jpg

I dont know if this is canon but I always figured it was their canon form.

That's actually a rather good explanation for that exact art piece and why it's here there and looks that way. But I wonder if it's canon that they all had the Kraakhan and wielded the same Staff of Darkness haha. I guess not.

Thats a good point. Its probably when the artist didnt know there was only one Kraakan

Edited by bonesiii
Spoiler cut, pic linked. -bones

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

That image is clearly just symbolic of multiple Makuta. Also, it seems strongly implied by other media that Makuta normally have wings, and those don't. Makuta's 03 form was his build-back after losing his wings from Nivawk at some point and taking on the MNOG end form to fake his defeat. It's not likely comparable to other Makuta.

I do think the basic torso design is likely standard, though, especially the hatch for pulling Kraata out in the chest.

I don't think there is a normal form because they are all gaseous beings in suits of armor, so the armor can vary. I don't think there is any default one.

Originally they were not made of pure Antidermis energy. Originally they were completely biomechanical as any other being in the Matoran Universe. I think it was Chirox who came up with the idea of transforming their bodies into energy, wasn' it...?

EDIT: They were actually always brought to life from Antidermis, I think, but they didn't become the beings of pure energy that we know before later. Here's a quote on the evolution into pure energy, from BS01: Originally biomechanical, the Makuta race eventually evolved to a state of pure energy, in which they no longer had to eat, sleep, breathe, or could feel pain. This evolution was first noticed by Bitil, and Chirox learned by examining a sample of Kojol's essence what had happened to them. Teridax ordered the Nynrah Ghosts to assist them by modifying their new armor. Soon after, the Makuta made a collective decision to shun their inner light, becoming true creatures of shadow. Due to the threat posed to their new armor by Toa of Iron and Magnetism, Makuta began monitoring Matoran populations of those elements, and employed several Iron and Magnetism Toa in their guardian Toa Hagah teams, in order to keep them in check."

Perhaps it was actually a natural part of a Makuta's life cycle?

Edited by Luka1184

I don't think there is a normal form because they are all gaseous beings in suits of armor, so the armor can vary. I don't think there is any default one.

Originally they were not made of pure Antidermis energy. Originally they were completely biomechanical as any other being in the Matoran Universe. I think it was Chirox who came up with the idea of transforming their bodies into energy, wasn' it...?

EDIT: They were actually always brought to life from Antidermis, I think, but they didn't become the beings of pure energy that we know before later. Here's a quote on the evolution into pure energy, from BS01: Originally biomechanical, the Makuta race eventually evolved to a state of pure energy, in which they no longer had to eat, sleep, breathe, or could feel pain. This evolution was first noticed by Bitil, and Chirox learned by examining a sample of Kojol's essence what had happened to them. Teridax ordered the Nynrah Ghosts to assist them by modifying their new armor. Soon after, the Makuta made a collective decision to shun their inner light, becoming true creatures of shadow. Due to the threat posed to their new armor by Toa of Iron and Magnetism, Makuta began monitoring Matoran populations of those elements, and employed several Iron and Magnetism Toa in their guardian Toa Hagah teams, in order to keep them in check."

Well what I'm saying is that since they're made of Antidermis, they can't have a default form besides pure Antidermis.

Well what I'm saying is that since they're made of Antidermis, they can't have a default form besides pure Antidermis.

This question means their default form before they were living suits of armor, and before they shapeshifted at all. What they were when they were first born.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

This question means their default form before they were living suits of armor, and before they shapeshifted at all. What they were when they were first born.

Well for that, we won't know, because the current suits of armor are designed to hold Antidermis, not organs and stuff. So if there was one, it's something we haven't seen before.

For the record, the change was from solid antidermis to "gaseous" or energy form of antidermis. And BS01 also says the suits were modified slightly at that point, implying only slightly. (At least paraphrasing off the top of my head. :P) So it's still likely that the average form we've seen is close to the original default form, with changes based on their personal choices.

Although the whole armor design thing has confused me, since if they're shapeshifters it's hard to see why they would need altered. (By the Nynrah Ghosts, I believe it was.)

For the record, the change was from solid antidermis to "gaseous" or energy form of antidermis. And BS01 also says the suits were modified slightly at that point, implying only slightly. (At least paraphrasing off the top of my head. :P) So it's still likely that the average form we've seen is close to the original default form, with changes based on their personal choices.

Although the whole armor design thing has confused me, since if they're shapeshifters it's hard to see why they would need altered. (By the Nynrah Ghosts, I believe it was.)

I guess that when they shapeshift, it is actually the armor that is shapeshifting to a different kind of shell that can still hold the energy.

I was of the opinion that you could liken the Makuta to the TARDISes of Doctor Who; all the same when made, but could change their form (the latter as we all know is canon). So I am of the opinion that at least when they were made there was some form of 'standard' used. Perhaps they weren't identical, though - other 'first' beings in the MU all shared the same design but had differences. But it is extremely likely that most of them changed into a form they preferred. That said I've got a soft spot for thinking that Teridax's set form (minus the staff and Kraahkan) would presumably be similar to the 'default' (but with wings, naturally). It's probably just because his set was just called "Makuta" on account of his name not being disclosed at the time. Naturally the kraata chambers wouldn't have been there and they would have been slightly different due to not being beings of Antidermis on creation.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I imagine that even if I had been shapeshifting my entire life, I'd be making armor that covered my squishy parts. If I suddenly became a gaseous being, I would not have any experience with making fully airtight armor that could still move properly. The Nynrah are geniuses, however, and constructed such armor easily. I figure that once the modification had been done, the Makuta were able to learn from it and thus shapeshift proper, gas-tight armor afterwards. Edited by Katuko

• 2 weeks later...

Makuta are made of solid antidermis with armour. I'm guessing the Antidermis is their true form.

Correction, they were made of solid antidermis, but some time after Teridax took over they became gaseous antidermis. And antidermis is the substance they're made of, not their shape, so that doesn't really answer the question. :P

Makuta are made of solid antidermis with armour. I'm guessing the Antidermis is their true form.

Correction, they were made of solid antidermis, but some time after Teridax took over they became gaseous antidermis. And antidermis is the substance they're made of, not their shape, so that doesn't really answer the question. :P

:Facepalm: I totally forgot that they evolved.