The Watchtower - Young Justice Discussion

Bundalings

About Sound Master: I revoke his approval. A forty year old will not be allowed entry into the Unjust League. Change that to Light and you're fine.

He already had. :PThough it still says Unjust League in the Origin.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Okay, do you want me get rid of the scarab in it's entirety? Or make it completely inactive, with no chance of ever turning back on?

Her powers were already weakend. Also, she doesn't have all of the Kryptonian powers, just a small few. My point is, I never intended to have a super Kryptonian, but if you still need me to weaken her further then I will.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

The scarab must go. Not only do we not want it as a story element, you must take into consideration Krypton's ruling system. Its called the Science Council. The Kryptons had space travel. (Why they didn't use it is another reason.) If they found this scarab, which can cure this very deadly disease, they would work on making more of it, not give it to someone.

What powers doesn't she have? Because she seems to have all of them. Super strength, speed, near invulnerability, better senses, high lung capacity, heat rays and flight. I don't see longevity though, but that is really useless in an RPG. And I don't see anything about her powers being weaker other than one thing in her weakness about them being locked in the scarab, which seems to contradicted by her powers.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

That is not mentioned in the profile, except for the part about him being from a rich family. Whereas Magnon and al-Azrad are CEOs of a technology company run by one of the smartest men on the planet and a Middle Eastern oil baron.

You didn't change his faction in the Origin.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I should add the part of the death of his father. And who needed to change the faction into the origin?

Alias: FrostbiteName: William StrausburgAge: 32Faction: The CommitteeAlignment: True NeutralEquipment/Abilities: Can control ice and create objects from ice. He can only do this if the temperature in the area where he is in is not too hot for him to do so. Carries two short swords that use uses well in close combat, which he is good at. He also carries a special made gun that can fire ice bullets. Only he can make such bullets. Carries six on his belt, three on each side. The gun appears to be a cross between an assault rifle and a sniper rifle.Weaknesses: Fire and areas that are not in room temperature or lower.Appearance: 6,1 slight muscular man with a scar running down his left eye. His skin is pale as snow, and hair is dyed a light blue. He puts on some type of gel that makes it spike. His alternative form is a sleek nanowire suit that helps him keep his body cool up to a outside temperature of 100*F. It's painted white and he wears sport/safety glasses tinted a light blue.Origin: William was born to a rich family that lives in New England. He was born with a blood disorder which makes his skin pale and his body temperature lose heat quick. When he was seven, he was given a specially made jacket made to keep his body temperature in check. When he was 13, a bully assaulted him. The situation was that he was calling Bill racial slurs since he was pale as snow. So when he told him to back off, he lunged at him, but William let out him hand and froze his head in ice. He left the scene of the crime and went back home. They deemed the incident that he was crazy. When William was 20, he remade his jacket into a suit that he can use to fight crime or defeat his enemies. This is were he became the meta-human known as Frostbite. During the years of the Reach, Bills father died from pneumonia. In his will, he gave the entire estate and money fortune of the family to William, making him a millionaire on the spot. Years after the Reach was defeated, he teamed up with The Committee to fight alien forces and any other threats to humanity. He currently supplies The Committee with money and supplies for research, and sometimes he goes in the fight with them.

This is the new profile that you see here. I added the part of the father's inheritance.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

It says in there, that he joined The Committee.

Years after the Reach was defeated, he teamed up with The Committee to fight alien forces and any other threats to humanity. He currently supplies The Committee with money and supplies for research, and sometimes he goes in the fight with them.

Alright, I will remove the scarab completly.

She's missing a ton of powers, frost breath, invulnerability - she has durability not invulnerability - smell, regeneration, etc. Kryptonians have a lot of powers and she's missing most of them.

I figured that saying in the weakness portion that half of her abilities are locked explained that she had weakend powers. But if it didn't, and you need me to to explain that she has weakend abilities in both the power and weakness portions, then i will.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

The Vengent Spectre.

Alias: ZenithName: Adam EmeryAge: 35Faction: The CommitteeAlignment: Neutral EvilEquipment/Abilities: Superior mind, enhanced body, access to advanced weapons technology from Pangaea Global Group's Research and Development.

• [*]Emery has been blessed from birth with a superior intellect and an intuitive understanding for the scientific. His mind is among the finest on Earth, and he could be described as an omnidisciplinary scientist, and can control and limit the extent to which others can enter his mind telepathically; [*]His body has been enhanced to the peak of human potential. His speed, durability, strength, agility and reaction time are far beyond that of a normal human, and he trains regularly to maintain his physical abilities;[*]He is able to heal from injuries at a rate faster than that of a normal human. He can shrug off the effects of a taser or stun gun with little difficulty. While this is not enough to make a difference during a fight, it does allow him to recover from injuries faster than an average human;[*]Emery has received training in combat from members of the League of Shadows and numerous other tutors;[*]Zenith has access to an arsenal of weapons from Pangaea's vaults, and uses different weapons and tools depending on his mission;[*]His wristwatch can be used to override electronic systems. This is facilitated by interactive holographic displays it projects. [*]Money. Adam Emery is a multibillionaire, with a controlling interest in Pangaea Global Group and numerous monetary assets.

Weaknesses:

• [*]While he can take punishment far beyond that of an average human, he is a human being;[*]Vulnerable to magic;[*]Vulnerable to spirits.

Appearance: Emery is a tall Caucasian man with a light complexion, blue-green eyes and short dirty blonde hair. He does not wear a traditional spandex supersuit, viewing them as tacky. If he needs to engage in physical confrontations, he wears a utilitarian combat suit that combines light-weight metal components, anti-flak fabric and composite materials. He wears a smooth, full face-mask made of black composite materials. When engaging the public in his official functions as the face of Pangaea Global Group, Emery wears business casual, with his trademark gold sun pin. Origin: Adam Emery is the product of decades of selective breeding, careful genetic engineering, and a strictly regimented lifestyle. Adam was born to the Emery family, founders of Pangaea Industries and co-founders of the Committee, and raised to be a literal Ubermensch, he established himself to be a genius at an early age, and developed his skills in the world of academia and in the R&D halls of Pangaea. During the Reach's infiltration of Earth and the Warworld Incident, he watched humanity expend most of its defences against alien intrusion, only to end up falling far short of an effective defense of the planet. He currently acts as the face of Pangaea, and works extensively with the Committee to utilise humanity's greatest resources against aliens.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

Dr. Vengeance- Kryptonians don't have frost breath, that is their enhanced lung capacity. The powers I don't see are healing, x-ray vision, enhanced vision and enhanced smell. I'm counting durability as invulnerability, just weaker. Not having four powers out of ten doesn't count as not having a lot of powers to me. You say most of her powers are locked in the scarab, but in reality, she has most of them and some are locked. It doesn't say anything about her powers being weakened. Also, I don't see anything about red solar radiation and Kryptonite in her weaknesses.

Madara- Approved.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Hey, Canis?Your last post with Jazzon (Apologies if I misspelled that) doesn't really work. Canary specifically said that it wasn't known what was happening in Beijing. So even if he read someone's mind, he couldn't find out what was going on.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Not exactly clear doesn't mean nothing is known. If New York City suddenly went completely, would it be clear what was happening? No. The first sign something is going wrong in Beijing would be the silence, as the other ones are very noticeable.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I didn't think of that aspect. I was mostly just pondering how invasive that action was and regretting I didn't have a character to comment on it. :PWe can say that Canary got some new info in between the call and this point, but...

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Not exactly clear doesn't mean nothing is known. If New York City suddenly went completely, would it be clear what was happening? No. The first sign something is going wrong in Beijing would be the silence, as the other ones are very noticeable.

...Canis. If they knew that Beijing had gone silent, don't you think that Canary would have gone "Hey, Beijing has gone silent. We don't know how or why, but you need to check it out."As a rule of thumb, if it isn't mentioned in the briefing and all they say is "It isn't clear", they probably don't know it. Plus, reading minds is a very, very invasive action, and something that really should be roleplayed out. And not to say that that's what happened, but it really just smacks of metagaming.

I mean no disrespect, but really. And if we take it to yet another level, how would Jazzon, a member of the Team, read the mind of a high ranking League member who has probably had anti-telepathy training? Or at the very least, the training to know how to deal with telepaths?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

While a telepath may be useful on this mission, I'm considering mild in-game punishment. Punishment is the wrong word. Uh... reaction? Because seriously, reading the boss's mind is kind of wrong (not to mention impressive, considering he wasn't anywhere near her). Since he's staff I'm going to let Canis respond here, but I kind of agree with Snark.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

You could do what my parents do, and call them "consequences". Personally, I call bull on that most of the time, but in this case, it would be accurate. Punishment as a result of reading the boss' mind would indeed be a natural consequence. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

Sorry, I should a have said super breath. Just cause one has enhanced lungs, doesn't mean they can produce super breath. But, I should have specified.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put in racial weaknesses or if they were just assumed.

You are right, saying her most of her powers were locked, wasn't enough of an elabration on her powers being weakened. When I edit it later I'll try to specify.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

The Vengent Spectre.

Well, racial weaknesses are both assumed and should be put down. Both red solar radiation and kryptonite are known to be weaknesses of Superman in the series.

I have a new profile:

Alias: Brother Norin, commonly Blue LanternName: Norin GarAge: 43Faction: Justice LeagueAlignment: Lawful GoodEquipment/Abilities: Brother Norin is the carrier of a Blue Lantern Power Ring and a Blue Lantern Power Battery. These give him several abilities:
  • [*]Protective aura[*]Flight[*]Universal Translator[*]While near a Green Lantern, he gains the following powers:[*]Healing[*]Create illusions based on people's hopes.[*]Weaken negative emotions in people near him[*]Energy Construct generation

Weaknesses: When not near a Green Lantern, Brother Norin's ring lacks many of its powers. When exposed to negative emotions, particularly despair, he is weakened physically, getting migraines. Finally, he is a pacifist and rarely fights.Appearance: As an Ungaran, the same species as Sinestro and the former Green Lantern Abin Sur, Brother Norin is a tall, muscular humanoid alien with red colored skin. He does not have any hair. His uniform is simple, with the colors of white and light blue. Blue is the dominant color. The symbol of the Blue Lanterns is on his chest.Origin: Norin Gar was born on the planet of Ungara, and was always in awe of his heroes, the Green Lanterns Sinestro and Abin Sur. He always wanted to be a Lantern himself, and little did he know, that dream would come true. Sort of. He was in a city below an active volcano that was about to erupt. There was no way out of the city, as all the exits had been blocked by lava flows. Everyone lost hope. But not him. He remained hopeful, and then, the ring of a Blue Lantern came to him. He used his power of flight to save everyone, and then was taking to the Odym by the power of the ring, where the Blue Lanterns were based. Norin found out he was to monitor Sector 2814, spreading hope and happiness where he went. He would be a worker of good, bringing medicines and stopping wars peacefully.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Okay, I've edited the profile please let me know how it is. Also I will make a second grammar run through eventually.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

The Vengent Spectre.

Sweet! I need two approvals though, right? Also I'll get right on that hyphanating.

The Vengent Spectre.

Alias: SlightName: Marshall LenorAge: 16Faction: The Unjust LeagueAlignment: Chaotic Evil(?) [Disclaimer: player not familiar with D&D and the respective implications of each alignment title]Equipment/Abilities: Slight chose his name well. He is a thief by nature- a snake by instinct. His combat style is quick and weak blows leading up to a final strike, often a deadly one. :) This brings us to his ability- he can teleport to anywhere within sight. More specifically, he can rearrange his molecules to quickly dissipate and reform again in an alternate position. Because his power isn't the most aggressive among metahuman abilities, he carries with him:-dual pistols, nine bullets to a clip, four extra clips carried on his person-a handful of smoke bombs filled with a gas that can render a human unconscious within a few inhales-various small knives are concealed in his coat and boots-a small container of explosive jelly and a box of matchesWeaknesses: By UJ standards for male agents, Marshall's kind of scrawny. He has the muscle to do his job, all right, but he's not doing himself any favors in the weight room. On a different note, he cannot teleport effectively through water, as his particles are spread out. He may or may not have learned this the hard way.Appearance: Marshall, a native to Nova Scotia, Canada, is a medium-height, brown-haired sixteen-year old, with no distinguishing features that separate him from others of his age and ethnicity. As stated above, he looks somewhat skinny when put beside a muscular member of the Unjust League. He is never seen without a black outfit under a brown trenchcoat, often sporting a pair of sunglasses waaaay over his paygrade.Origin: As a ten-year old moving from Canada to the US, things were always a bit different for Marshall. His dad left him at a young age, and his mom contracted cancer and died when she volunteered for a scam treatment that stole all her money and left him without an adult in his life. Naturally, he grew up to hate the world. Before she died, however, he received combat training with swords and his fists. However, he used these skills for his own purposes. He was a pickpocket, bordering on kleptomania, by the time he got caught up with molecular scientists and tried to steal from them. In an attempt to escape their clutches, he took a nosedive into a vat of untested chemicals, which gave him his powers. With his new ability, he became a rampant thief, a true pest to the inhabitants of Happy Harbor. He was quickly recruited to the Unjust League before anyone else could speak to him, and the rest is to reveal itself in time.

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I am puzzled by the emoticon.Chaotic Evil one who places high value on their own freedom (that is, ignoring rules) and places little value on the lives of others, often harming them (or at least not caring when others harm people) without care. You could google it if you're not sure that fits you.Your profile looks fine to me. Approved. You're just in time. The only other two Unjust League PCs are about to kick off their first mission.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I am puzzled by the emoticon.

Just a useless addition.

Chaotic Evil one who places high value on their own freedom (that is, ignoring rules) and places little value on the lives of others, often harming them (or at least not caring when others harm people) without care. You could google it if you're not sure that fits you.Your profile looks fine to me. Approved. You're just in time. The only other two Unjust League PCs are about to kick off their first mission.

Ah, thanks. I think that fits him.Ooh, alright. I'll make a post shortly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Okay, So before I go out there and make myself look even more of fool than I already have, I'd like to ask what exactly is and has happened.

The Vengent Spectre.

Some League members have gone to free Beijing from a field of silence. A fight between a villain and two neutrals in Time Square. Unjust League about to deploy on a mission. Red Lantern beating up people somewhere in the continental US.That basically sums it up.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Okay, a few members of the Justice League are in Beijing, investigating silence.The Team is prepping to go on a mission, same with Unjust League.Two members of the Light are fighting a Red Lantern.Finally, two Exorian twins are fighting Umbra in New York.Speaking of them... I'll have a post later.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Thank you Snark, Doctor. With that summed up I'll just have figure out a good DC city to start in.

The Vengent Spectre.

Two members of the Light are fighting a Red Lantern.

Light? It's the Committee. The Committee is deathly enemies with the Light. Not only has the Light made several deals with aliens, Magnon and Vandal Savage hate each other. A lot.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• 2 weeks later...

I might as well make a Cadmus profile and a new guy that I have no idea where to put in.

Alias: GhostName: Neil Del MossaAge: 46Faction: CadmusAlignment: Lawful NeutralEquipment/Abilities: He has no real powers, but people say he has great accuracy. Carries an A-91 with 4.0x scope, Laser Sight, and front grip. A VSV-39 with 10.0x scope and Laser Desgnator, and a Bizon with reflex scope (a 1.5x scope as most notable referred) and laser sight. He wears Arctic Fatigues, and can camoflauge himself to meet his stealth needs.Weaknesses: Since he really doesn't have any powers, he's not immune to meta-human powers. Though a soldier of war, he's losing his touch in stealth and will probably be spotted more easilyAppearance: A 6,2 heavily built man man with black hair with white hair growing on his sideburns. He was a scar on his back that forms the letter S.Origin: Born in the final years of 70's, Neil wanted to be a soldier at the age of 9. When he enlisted in the military, he wanted to be a Navy SEAL. At the age 25, he was still going through heavy training and combat to make his way to a SEAL. When he became a SEAL, his team was gave him the code name Ghost for his expert marksmanship and able to camouflage himself to near invincibility. But that was not all, he was also good in stealth combat, which proved useful on missions. Before the Reach arrived, he was captured by insurgences. They took him to a ski lodge where they beaten, and tortured him to give up secret information. Sadly he did not have the info they were looking for, for six later, they killed as Neil's team rescued him. But they left him an agonizing scar in the shape of an S. After the fall of the Reach, he joined Cadmus to continue to fight for his country, while fighting a new threat.

Before I post the other profile, are alternate universe characters allowed?
Edited by Flaredrick: the Sniper

There are a lot of spelling mistakes and some odd grammatical errors, but aside from that he looks ok. You might want to give the profile another read-through, but approved.Alternate universe characters meaning what, in this context?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.