• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Best year for Bionicle?

Best Bionicle year

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Prime Axiom

Prime Axiom
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 73 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2014 - 11:41 PM

2006. The way the Inika commercial came on was just epic. The storyline with the mask of life: Epic. The Toa Nuva getting defeated and the matoran going on a quest to save them, becoming heroes in the process? Epic. Jaller? Epic. 

#82 Offline Trizzlers

Trizzlers
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 407 posts

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 12:11 AM

The story and sets in 2008 were freaking fantastic that year and it still shows in my opinion, I also think 2006 was very special in terms of intoducing new parts and gimmicks like the piraka spines and inika swords compared to 2005 which i consider kinda lame...

The - Trist - You - Can't - Resist.

-Trizzlers...

Posted Image

#83 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,550 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 06:35 AM

Story: 2006-2008

SO MANY revelations! All the plots started to connect with each other, the serials started to come into their own, and we actually saw what most of the MU was kinda like.

In 2006 the universe started to really expand and just balloon, creating what really felt like a world of its own.

Sets-wise: Hard to say. I was never really good at building, and my MoCs were... How do I put this... Downright dreadful.

My motor skills were(and still are, though not as bad thank goodness) terrible. Ball and Socket joint? I would struggle for two minutes to fit them in properly. Axles and pins? Never did I once push them in properly.

And Oh Mata Nui the colour sense!

Nostalgia: All were pretty nostalgic, but 2006-2008 would be the most. It was then that I discovered the novels, web serials, online games, online comics and all the stuff I really loved(and still love) about Bionicle. The story.

Of course, biggest nostalgia would be Lego Magazine featuring Bionicle or Bionicle catalogues featuring the Toa Mata.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#84 Offline MataNuiFilms

MataNuiFilms
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 41 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 02 2014 - 10:17 AM

Story: You can't beat the entire story, all of it.

Sets: I love classics, Toa Mata.

#EljayJumpedTheYell

-Tundras, Toa of Ice and MakutaKing Employee.

#85 Offline LimeFlavouredLibertarian24

LimeFlavouredLibertarian24
  • New Members
  • Turaga

• 67 posts

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 10:59 AM

Lime, you know how to PM. Please top spamming the forums with personal questions.

Makaru 

Edited by Makaru, Aug 15 2014 - 12:23 PM.
spam

#86 Offline randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 572 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2014 - 04:19 PM

My favorite would have to be 2005, I loved the Hordika, the Visorak, the Rahaga and the Titans, they were all so different to any sets before and after

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#87 Offline MegaTahuAdvanced

MegaTahuAdvanced
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 25 posts

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 09:49 AM

This is a tough question. I mean, 2007 had a nice setting, and so did 2008. 2007 had awesome sets, and so did 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2008. All of them except 2009 had an interesting story. 2001-2003 had awesome flash animations. 2001, 2002, 2008, and 2010 had Tahu. 2005 had a somewhat dark tone though, like 2006. They're all great, though.

But which one is the best? Well, I WOULD say 2007 or 2008...but then there's that one year that I'm pretty sure everyone liked...

2003. It barely is better than 2007 and 2008, imo

Tahu is awesome

#88 Offline Dual

Dual
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 20 posts

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 12:36 PM

I have to say 2006.

I didn't like the technic builds *prepares for angry swarm* the arms just were annoying for me, swinging back and forth unless you had specific pieces that stopped them.

The Inika build was my favourite. Poseable and bigger than before. Plus I loved the masks and armour, not to mention the translucent pieces.

The story, I think, was great as well. Six matoran go "rogue" (well, not really) and become Toa, in a race against time to save the dying Mata Nui.

Also the Piraka were great. They were individual villains, which wasn't really seen before save Makuta, Sidorak, Roodoka, and a couple others. They also had internal problems, scheming and having no trust for another.

Then finally the matoran. The whole "resistance" aspect was pretty neat, proving that even a couple matoran can do something against six powerful beings.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people, people he's never met before and who don't know his name, can live." -Hahli

#89 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 641 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 01:06 PM

No competition at all.

The best ever.

10/10

When is the GoTY edition of Agori Defender coming?

OMEGA TAHU!

ALPHA TAKANUVA!

DELTA GRESH!

Those big Toa, no one has anything on them.

The evil menacing rahkshi, don't need no kraata.

The best rappers in the MU, the Piraka Nektaan!

Servants of the biggest tumour in the world, SKRALL! or Atakus with a Kopaka sword. Still awesome.

Best story.

Awesome ending.

Nothing can compare, and you know it. You just don't want to admit it.

Edited by Boidoh, Aug 16 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

I won a Copper Huna from Makuta Fest 2014.

I never really win anything so this is special...

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

#90 Offline randomreviewerbros

randomreviewerbros
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 572 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2014 - 11:20 PM

lol the last 4 of us who have commented like the years that not many others seem to like, thats pretty cool!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube....domReviewerBros
Gathered friends, listen again, to our legend of the BIONICLE- Turaga Vakama

BIONICLE surrender or run!- The Vahki 2004

A battle in the skies at the core of the universe!- The Final Battle 2008

Even when facing greater threats like the Bohrok Kal, or the dreaded Rahkshi, they never surrendered!- The Toa Nuva 2002/03

Powerful, equipped, ready for any challenge!- The Toa Metru 2004

A mystery to be revealed at BIONICLE.com!- Metru Nui 2004

If Toa Lhikan could not defeat me alone, how could you?- Makuta LoMN

The city of the Great Spirit, my island home refound!- Turaga Vakama LoMN

#91 Offline JustASolitaryWolf

JustASolitaryWolf
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 326 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2014 - 02:18 AM

I enjoyed 2006 a whole lot.  There was tons interesting story twists in the main storyline (havn't followed the side-stories tbh), but the sets were really cool as well.  The Zamor spheres were fun to play with.  Story-wise, an island overun by piraka disguised as toa and matoran barely surviving.  It was very fun stuff, especially when the Toa Inika came along and really put up a fight.  At least in the comics it was very cool, and I think I had almost every single set that year.  Even that gold piraka-combination or whatever.  

That's just my perspective. 

I am a true Bionicle fan because I'm a fan of Bionicle

Actually, it's just cause I'm AWESOME...

My 3DS Friend Code:4468-1535-0839

Destructive power

Does not give you everything,

It takes everything away from you.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

#92 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,216 posts

Posted Aug 17 2014 - 03:49 AM

Set wise, 2007 onwards, when the builds became a lot more diverse and sophisticated.

Story wise, I'd say the same time frame. 2007+

Unity... Duty... Destiny... NatoGreavesy  :hehe-sign: 

Chronicles Of The Cold Hearted

My Ongoing Fanfic: Chronicles of the Cold Hearted - Now in its second season!

My BZPRPG Profiles: Natharius, Lash, Zaara, Reson, Dayeth, Minnorak, Kelz, Ryza, Mirra, Wisp, Panyk, Chavara, Onic, Draygon.

- The Outsiders -
BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation
PM myself or Requiem if you wish to join our ranks! 

#93 Offline MegaTahuAdvanced

MegaTahuAdvanced
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 25 posts

Posted Aug 17 2014 - 10:46 AM

No competition at all.

The best ever.

10/10

OMEGA TAHU!

ALPHA TAKANUVA!

DELTA GRESH!

Servants of the biggest tumour in the world, SKRALL! or Atakus with a Kopaka sword. Still awesome.

Best story.

Awesome ending.

It was too rushed to be the best story

Tahu is awesome

#94 Offline Fang RRB

Fang RRB
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 66 posts

Posted Aug 17 2014 - 04:57 PM

2004, when the Toa Metru came out, because not only they were great figures the Vahki also were a great force

Check out our Youtube Channel

- www.youtube.com/user/randomreviewerbros -

For Bionicle Reviews:

Lego Reviews, Lego News, Gaming and lots of other stuff!!!

#95 Offline Councilor Manducus

Councilor Manducus
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,405 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 10:39 PM

The best? I want to say 2004 with Metru Nui. That year brought a wide range of pieces that were extremely, extremely useful in MOCing. Plus, I liked the story.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

#96 Offline Kalija From Indian Lakes

Kalija From Indian Lakes
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 36 posts

Posted Aug 18 2014 - 11:07 PM

The best year is 2001 by far. 

01-03 mata-nui years were top notch. 

I really disliked the Piraka. The whole atmosphere just threw me off... not to mention those awful teeth. I could never understand it.

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

#97 Offline Liopleurodon

Liopleurodon
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 674 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 12:23 PM

Probably 2003 because that's the year when I really started getting into Bionicle. :P

r0ycUmF.jpg

#98 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 315 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 10:46 PM

2008 no contest for me. 

01-03 are all tied in second, but 08 blows the others out of the water. All loose ends tied up in one swoop, and the story just captured the finale-like tone the whole time. not a second went by that i didnt sit on the edge of my seat while reading the books, and the same goes for building the sets. most of the figures were designed well, especially the vehicles. 

Want to know how to make a blind Toa cry?

Give him a Kanohi Hau.

#99 Offline IXRollOutIX

IXRollOutIX
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 48 posts

Posted Oct 18 2014 - 11:59 PM

The very start of 2006 was one of my favorite times for the story. It felt like everything was coming together and moving forward all at the same time. The Nuva, the Piraka, the Matoran returning to Metru Nui, the Matoran of Voya Nui, Vakama and Dume reuniting, etc.

2008 was great, too, and I for one absolutely loved how the series ended in 2010. I never followed the serials, so most of the ends were tied up for me. While the whole thing was clearly rushed, the scale of things blew me away. Giant robot vs. giant robot, Makuta vs. Mata Nui, and the reuniting of Spherus Magna. Personally, I felt extremely satisfied by it all. 

#100 Offline Chezzymann

Chezzymann
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 2 posts

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 01:23 AM

Can we say 2015 yet?

#101 Offline bioniclepluslotr

bioniclepluslotr
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 384 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 07:58 AM

No competition at all.
The best ever.
10/10
OMEGA TAHU!
ALPHA TAKANUVA!
DELTA GRESH!

Servants of the biggest tumour in the world, SKRALL! or Atakus with a Kopaka sword. Still awesome.

Best story.
Awesome ending.

I actually didn't realize 2010 was part of the canonical story until reading the comics years later.

#102 Online Zeddy

Zeddy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 13,151 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 19 2014 - 11:52 AM

2006. I loved the Piraka and the attitude-change they brought, I loved the Inika sets because they actually had bendy arms and legs and were symmetrical and their masks were cool, unlike their predecessors the Hordika. The titans were simply amazing, each was different and had their own "personality" and the Kardas Dragon was probably the best combiner in all the years. Plus, it was the year we got Vezon. :ahhh:

#103 Offline Hasreadit

Hasreadit
  • New Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 06:39 AM

I have to say that I loved all the years of Bionicle so it is very hard for me to choose just one so I'll say what I liked about every year and then say my favorite.

2001- this was the year that started it all, and I have to say that this year had the best masks of all the years

2002- this year had the Bohrok, who were a brilliant villain for the Bionicles to go up against. The Titans this year were pretty good as well

2003- this was the year that I finally began to get really into Bionicle. I loved the Bohrok-Kal and the Rahkshi, as well as the Toa Nuva. I liked the movie at the time and this year had all of the most iconic Titans for a long time: Makuta, Takanuva, and peaceful Rahi!

2005: While the Toa Hordika were not great, the year featured my two favorite Toa: Norik and Iruini. It also had one of my favorite Titans, Keetongu

2006: I liked the Titans, but nothing else comes to mind as being special for that year. I really disliked the Piraka, whose constant betraying got old very quickly.

2007: Some of the Barraki were brilliant as well as the Toa Mahri, but this year had some disasters like the Gadunka.

2008: This year had the highest potential, and it did its best to live up to it. If they had had more of a final battle-ish style and a less underwhelming summer sets, this would have been my favorite:) I'm getting Takanuva this Friday so it may go up in my estimation:)

2004 was my favorite year, because I love the Toa Metru and the titans more than any other year because of their looks, cool powers, and their place in the storyline.

2009- while the worst year for the story, my favorite year for just the sets:)

#104 Offline scyther_grovyle

scyther_grovyle
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 07:23 AM

One word... design!

The bohrok were so unique that they made 12 of them :P And there were the first vehicles (boxor) and mechs (exo-toa)! And still the mystery of mata nui. And for the first time, there is grave danger, while the rahi were a danger too, but the bohrok were tearing the island literally to (lego) pieces.

#105 Offline bioniclepluslotr

bioniclepluslotr
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 384 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 08:19 AM

One word... design!
The bohrok were so unique that they made 12 of them :P And there were the first vehicles (boxor) and mechs (exo-toa)! And still the mystery of mata nui. And for the first time, there is grave danger, while the rahi were a danger too, but the bohrok were tearing the island literally to (lego) pieces.

They made 12 of them. Twelve.

#106 Online King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,358 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 01:15 PM

You know what? I honestly think 2015 could be a top contender for me. Set wise at least. Story looks promising but who knows at this point?

#107 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 763 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2014 - 01:11 AM

I love all the years of Bionicle, but some of them are more loved than others. I guess '04 is my favorite. We finally got to see that there was a larger world to explore outside of Mata Nui. As much as I loved the Mata Nui years, they were really repetitive. I could give the same accurate summary of all four Mata Nui storylines with just the names ad lib-ed out. '04 finally did something different with the story, which is luckily a trend that lasted for the entire rest of the run. The Turaga finally got some character development, and I loved the city setting. The movie for that year was also my favorite Bionicle movie.

Second place would have to go to '06. I have always loved the Matoran characters. Even if they were now Toa, it was great spending time with them. I loved that the rest of the MU was being explored. I also liked that the Dark Hunters were seriously expanded upon and that the Order Of Mata Nui was introduced. As much as people say that 2006 was way too dark, it was barely any darker than 2005. I also liked VNOG and the GBA version of Bionicle Heroes.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users