Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Matthew," said Aleks patiently, not turning away from the mirror and smirking, "every morning for three years now I have reminded myself who I am in the mirror in seven different languages, and for three years I have introduced myself to people over and over again with the same phrase. Not once have I failed to make an impression."

He turned away and his smirk became a smile, gleaming white and sly.

"But why? How could you ever forget who you are?" Matt asked, not really understanding.

Aleks' face changed then, no longer coy and playful; his brow furrowed and then he turned back to the football, picking it up and spinning it around atop his index finger distractedly.

"Because I'm not Aleks English. Well...technically, but not really, I...it's kind of like...what do you call it here, not alter-ego, that sounds like some Batman ######... a persona. Aleks English is my persona. Saying that I'm it helps remind me of that."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

He hadn't anticipated the words flowing so easily out of his mouth, or the way he'd felt relieved - excited - to finally say them, but when they were out there, they were out there, and there was nothing he could do to take them back.

"My name is Aleksandr René Belikov," he said, "of Murmansk, Northern Russia. Everyone in this hemisphere who knows that is either dead or had a memory wipe after finding out, so, err...I guess you're , then, Summers."

He grinned, running a hand through the back of his hair; for once, the thief looked bashful.

"Well then, I guess you better get on with it." Matt grinned back.

Aleksandr promptly tossed the football at Matt and when he swung his head to dodge it, the Russian swung his fist too, pausing way too close to Matt's jaw; if the quarterbacking prodigy had so much as a centimeter of stubble the veteran thief would have made contact.

"Two for flinching," he said quietly, and lightly tapped Summers' jawline with one knuckle before pulling him into a hug, "Thanks, champ."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Persephone had checked the cellar out using every range of the spectrum she could see on. The place was a simple four-walled box of concrete and plaster, with only the stairs and the small landing she'd left Reyson standing on breaking up the monotony. It wouldn't have held someone like Hulk or Thor, but their days were long gone, and the spy clearly didn't have anything like that level of strength. It would contain him just fine.

She walked up to the safehouse's bedrooms. She needed to change out of this ridiculous dress before she felt up to dealing with the circus of strays they'd taken in downstairs

IC: Alec walked round the greenhouse, admiring the plants with the eye of someone who recognised what he personally liked even if he had no idea what he was looking at or talking about. Plants were just plants to him, as alien and unfamiliar as technology probably was to Ashley. They just had different spheres of influence was all.

"So...any of these particularly...sense-y?"

IC: "Alcohol and driving only kill you if you do them wrong," Magnitude said in the studious fashion of someone who had Read It Somewhere, "Those things are just poisons wrapped in paper."

He finished the stairs and stepped out the door, "As for ladies...well a gentleman never tells."

IC: "Reptilian, this is Bootleg," said...well, said Bootleg, "I am in the vicinity and shall be arriving at your position shortly."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Ashley

Ashley picked up a pot with a rather floppy looking flower with really long pedals. "Well...these flowers will dance when people walk by!" She waved her hand in front of it...nothing happened.

Suddenly the flower shot straight up...and then flopped back down on the opposite side.

"Hmmmm...maybe it's tired."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Julia

Julia shrugged.

"Well, we could just take, y'know, a regular car."

She jabbed a thumb at one of the several vehicles parked in the garage.

IC: Reptilian

"Reptilian copies all, Bootleg," came the reply. "See you soon."

Reptilian toggled a switch on his headset that would keep the channel open, allowing Bootleg and anyone else on the same frequency to hear everything he was about to say.

"Alright," he said, milling over the details in his head. "27193 perished within the last two hours. His ID card was too damaged to include location data in the distress signal it sent. He likely knew someone was after him on account of the weapon he was holding, but he didn't report anything out of the ordinary, so he must've thought he could handle his attacker on his own. That and the fact that a professional agency doesn't leave messes like this rules SHIELD out. I'm assuming the Camaro's license plates are false..?"

A nod from one of his cohorts confirmed that notion.

"So that means the killer was smart enough to try and make it look like an accident. ****, if it weren't for the weapon and the fake plates, I would call it an accident. It's as though the killer was being deliberately careless."

67tlbk.png

IC: Aella

I blinked, looking at Trinity's belly. I wondered if some people simply weren't born with belly-buttons? I shook my head, that couldn't be right. Maybe it was because she didn't have a mother? Then again, I didn't either, as far as my memory was concerned.

There were a lot of questions and mysteries that surrounded me, an entire world of them in fact. It was too much to think about, especially with how much my head hurt. Thinking was becoming such a chore.

I lay my head back down against coach, letting my mind wander. Out of sheer impulse I poked Trin's sides.

IC: Triblade

"Nice to meet you Aleksandr René Belikov," Matt said in a mock Russian accent as he hugged Aleks back.

IC: Scorcher

"Good point," Kane nodded. "I'd try to give them up but... I don't think it would work. And **** I was looking forward to some good stories." Kane said as he began to head down the street.

"Wonder if we'll actually have some new recruits today."

IC: Feral

"Yeah, I'll give her a ride later." John said as he turned away from his bike and towards one of the cars sitting in the garage.

"I don't think Matt will mind if we bring it back in one piece." John said as he climbed into the convertible 2012 blue mustang with a white stripe down the middle.

IC: Mimic

"I think ah'll get this," Christine said as she grabbed a dark green female hoodie.

IC:

"Yeah, so, I was running an experiment," Brooklyn told Bekah, taking a big bite out of her waffles and swallowing nearly whole. "In one waffle iron, I was cooking things the way the Pilgrims used to back in the day, you know, and then in the other I ran Alaric's recipe and used whiskey instead of egg in the batter. Before I knew what was happening the kitchen appliances were all like 'I volunteer as tribute!' and raising a general ruckus all over the counter. I may have started an electrical fire on linoleum."

"Are you sure you didn't try Ric's batter recipe?"

"I took a couple gulps to make sure it wasn't going to poison anyone."
"There's your problem," Rebekah deadpanned, and Brooklyn stuck her tongue out and scooted her chair over next to Rebekah's so she could sit on the older girl's lap.
"You're my problem!" she protested, kissing Bekah's cheek in loving admonition. "I used to be a rational minded person, once upon a time. I cosplayed as Marie Curie to middle school and had precognitive dreams about Skyrim five years in advance before you came into my life. Now I put booze into waffles and wield a gladius and stuff."
-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: I've been a bit out of the loops for a few days, so if I am forgetting a response, please let me know.IC:Rebekah smiled widely, wrapping her arms around Brooklyn as she took a seat in her lap. Her smile only widened at her girlfriend's protest, and she responded to the kiss on the cheek by leaning forward to kiss the top of her head."Oh please, normal is so dull."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Morrison had been watching Dallas and Ashley for a short time, now. If he were in his human form, he would've smiled; but right now, he was a fox, not a human. So he hung back, watching as the two were prepping for a party, including decorating. And he had the perfect comment, for that. After all, he'd been to more than a few parties in his time, either down on Earth or with Inari (but he couldn't speak of that to mortal men), so he'd had a good amount of experience with decorating.

He quickly grabbed a piece of paper from a little rolled-up sheaf of it he carred around in a special little harness, as well as one of those little ink-saturated foam pads, that people use for making fingerprints and stuff, as it worked rather well for what Morrison used it for. And that was communicating with humans, when he wasn't in the form in which he could easily do that. So, he pressed one of his paw pads in the inkpad, before starting to right on the paper:

Decorating, man.It always takes a long time.We should sleep instead.And that was true, by Morrison's opinion. He hadn't gotten as much sleep the last night as he might have liked, so he might as well do it now, but he knew that unless they were all going to sleep, he wasn't going to get to sleep. Dallas'd wake him up for something. So, closing the inkpad and putting it back where it went - as well as the rest of the papers - Morrison grabbed the piece of paper, the ink now dry, by the same corner he'd used to pull it out in the first place.He hated the taste of paper.

Anyways, a few short seconds later and he was poking Dallas's leg with the un-inked paw, to catch the man's attention and hand him the haiku.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Yeah, for real. Now I have Skyrim and you. I couldn't ask to be less normal," said Brooklyn, in an uncharacteristic lucid display of affection instead of the high, chirping praise she consistently heaped on Rebekah. She grinned again and grabbed the waffles before hurrying backwards into the living room. Rebekah stood up and followed briskly, trying to get her waffles back, only to see Brooklyn had already put both plates on the coffee table and was lying out on the couch languidly.

"Let's just eat in heeere," she suggested, grinning up at Bekah from the couch and hugging empty air. "It's easier to cuddle in here."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Noooo come back...." I tried to grab Trinity as she leaped off the couch but she was too quick, and in my current condition I wasn't going to go after her, I just remained on the couch with a slight pout on my face as Trin hid behind Tera.

OOC: I don't really feel like going through all of the things that led to me missing ten pages, but it ended with me owning a didgeridoo, so clearly every action taken in the past week was 100% cool and justified.

Seriously though I was knee-deep in a salt marsh counting mud-minnows.

IC(Cynegild Picker):

Cynegild strode easily to the seat opposite Romulus, pulling it smoothly from the table to sit in it, and placing the Genghis Khan bobblehead on the table's surface, facing the Roman as he did so.

"As I'm sure you are aware, one Dominik Lord has, of late, been trying his hand at the propagandist's trade. Most of his drivel is simple enough - warmed-over populist catchphrases reused to endear the Brotherhood to the swarm of cat-obsessed bloggers who are apparently the future, sad as the thought may be.

"What interests me, though, is his repeated references to Homo superior - the concept that mutants are inherently superior to the rest of humanity. I need not tell you that the idea has been standard with the Brotherhood for the duration of its existence - what is interesting is that Lord is now presenting this idea alongside the contradictory claim that all people are of equal worth, and deserve the same rights. With the aid of a sufficiently skilled propagandist, we may be able to expose Lord's hypocrisy to those who would otherwise hang onto his every word, damaging the Brotherhood's reputation. So, tell me; are you interested in hurting the Brotherhood, and, in so doing, furthering your own ambitions?"

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Maybe it will dance better in the Institute?" Alec suggested. Could be true as far as he knew. Maybe the air would be more full of nutrient with all those sweaty teenage students crammed in there. Bleh, no that was an unpleasant image...

"Or maybe you should make it bigger?"

IC: "After his Lordship's speech, probably have a few guys," Magnitude mused, "It was kind of hard to miss, probably have a few people ideas."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"We're called Russians," Aleks said. "The Soviet Union disbanded before I was born, Summers - I'm just a Russian."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

"Hmmm...." Ashley concentrated on the flower, which in turn started to grow in size, though only slightly. It started twitching.

"Odd, I've never seen it do that before...." Ashley said, looking puzzled. "Well...except for that one time when I tried to get them to sing. Turns out trying to get a plant to grow a voice box is rather difficult...they'd start spazzing out like crazy, or just explode."

Ashley blinked, noticing the weird looks she was getting. "I was preparing for the zombie apocalypse, I figured if singing sunflowers and peashooters worked in Plants vs Zombies...it could work in real life!"

"Crazy Dave won't tell me how he grows them though...I even offered him an eclair for his secrets...but he kept his lips sealed!" Ashley frowned.

"Fineeeeee...." I half pouted, looking disappointed. It was going to be hard to resist poking her, now that I knew what reaction I'd get.

Edited by A billion cats

IC:"Settle down,both of you." Tera chided gently, though there was a note of amusement in her voice. She glanced to her side at Trinity and gave her an amused smile. "And you. Why am I the shield?"IC: Rebekah crossed her arms in mock exasperation, regarding Brooklyn affectionately. After a moment, she sighed, sitting down on the only open section of couch. She gave an amused roll of her violet eyes, gently poking the thespian in the center of her chest."I spoil you too much, you know that? Breakfast in the living room? What's next, anarchy?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"It's a start," Brooklyn swooned as she poked Bekah back and wrapped her arms around her, taking a bite of waffle and then leaning back on the couch with her girlfriend locked in a cuddle. "I want to do something todaaaaay. Should we binge watch Game of Thrones? You still haven't seen Seasons Two or Three yet!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"...""Okay, I suppose that's an acceptable answer." Tera said, leaning back on the couch and sighing. She'd been on her feet all day, and it was beginning to catch up to her. Getting involved in this situation hadn't helped.IC:The former Weapon relaxed into the reversal of the arrangement by the table, resting her head against Brooklyn's shoulder, and carefully snaking a hand out to retrieve her breakfast."Dear, you have some odd standards for what constitutes doing something."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Say what you will, but I have to watch my boo Robb Stark terrorize Lannister bannerman and I need to do it stat. Have you heard his accent? Hot."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"A SHIELD safe house." Tera answered without opening her eyes. "Somewhere Hydra will have a hard time finding us, and defensible if they do."IC:"Doesn't he die in season three?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Let's not dredge up things that don't happen in canon."

"But it did. Red Wedding."

"What did I just say about non-canon events."

"But it's canon."

"But that's the beauty of it - it's not!" Brooklyn chirped, kissing Rebekah before she could protest any further.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Yep."IC:True to form, Rebekah had been about to respond, before her girlfriend cut her off. Rolling her eyes slightly, she pulled her into a hug. A few moments later, she finally got a chance to reply;"Fine, you win."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You know who else won? The King in the North."

Brooklyn hugged Rebekah and flicked on the DVD player with a brush of her fingers against the remote, grinning like a mad hatter. As she finished up her breakfast and maneuvered through increasingly tedious opening DVD menus she cuddled up closer and closer to Rebekah until she was practically laying on top of her girlfriend and couldn't so much as turn her head without pecking her on the cheek.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME