Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:Alex blinked once, slightly sheepish. "Sorry. In answer to your question... In hindsight, it was wise. Not many of the other people here could have handled Novocain, and certainly only a handful would have been able to stop him.""But at the time... I don't know for sure. Practicality, for one. Necessity, for another. But in large part, I think it was numbers. At the time, I was one of the only people keeping this place from crumbling, be it internal issues or government interference. That had to be weighed against what would happen if I went. Some might have been saved, but I wouldn't have been walking out.""And if I were gone, who was going to keep the last place I cared about safe?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"What, you think I'm that lovable?" Aleks jested, reaching out with a buttery finger and poking Christine in the nose with a knuckle.

IC:

"Oh, you know. Celebrating friends old and new, family get together, a clean slate since the last party we had kind of led to a mass hostage situation," Dal said, manipulating his powers to subtly dry the beer into the floor before anyone saw. "Could you get to Alaric's room? We have stashes on stashes of beer in there and no one to keep an eye on them until we arrive."

IC:

"You're right we have."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Eh, no need for anyone to lose their cool about it. There's forty more where that came from."

IC:

"You're mighty clever for someone born south of the Mississippi."

IC:

"Miss McCoy?" a crisp, well-groomed S.H.I.E.L.D. agent inquired as he walked up to Jennifer. "Agent Sitwell. Director Fury has been notified of your arrival and apologizes for the wait. If you'll follow me."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nicole

"Yay, I'm going to get diamond girl wasted."

IC: Mimic

"Ah was born here and raised there." she said before sticking out her tongue.

IC: Jennifer

The female scientist turned towards Vivus and gave him a curt nod. "Thanks for the chat. I'll be seeing you again I'm sure." she smiled before turning to the agent.

"No need for apologies I know Fury has a lot on his plate." she said as she went to follow him.

"I'll be sure to thank him for his time."

IC:

"Sure you will, love. Just remember what we talked about: try and keep your clothes on."

IC:

"Really? Not sure which got the rougher end of the deal on that one, you or the river," Aleks teased her before poking her in the nose again and biting off some of her biscuit.

"Hah. Cooties. Sucks for you."

IC:

"I'm sure he'll appreciate it, ma'am," Sitwell said sardonically as he led Jennifer over to one of the elevators of the Helicarrier. The agent patted down the elevator panel for a minute before finding what he was looking for and flipping open a small door, like one that could be found on a fuse box. Inside was a single, large red button with a thumbprint scanner with Sitwell pressed and held in; after a brief second there was a ding! and the elevator went into motion.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I'll try. You know how hard that can be for me Dallas." she winked.

"I guess we'll never know," she smiled softly. She blinked as he poked her again. "Who has cooties?"

IC: Jennifer

Jennifer stood still as the elevator rose upwards. She clutched her briefcase to her chest and waited silently.

IC:

"Believe me. I know," Dallas said back through a grin that looked deliberately forced.

IC:

"If Matt Summers is to be believed, the Soviet Union is still a thing and my saliva will probably spread Communism."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Krystal "So what you're saying is, we'd be replaced by fluffy animals and get sent who knows where?" Krystal raised an eyebrow, her tail wagged every so slightly behind her. "Sounds like an awesome adventure to me." IC: Aella I had yet more questions for Tera, but even as I opened my mouth to speak I heard a noise. It was coming from the pot of...that red stuff the John guy was cooking, what was it called again? Tomatoes? It was making strange gurgling noises. My eyes widened as I looked toward it. "I think the food is getting angry..." My stomach made a noise. "...we should probably eat it before it tries to kill us."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"...Okay, so I may have fired a blank or two to get him going, but it was not my idea to launch him like a bottle rocket. I was trying to teach power control."

"Uhuh," Christine said. "Sometimes ah wonder how Warren let you teach a class, but then I realize he's probably never actually watched you teach it."

"Don't be mean," Aleks pouted. "Nobody really cares about the class; that's not my fault. I think most of the guys just don't like me because they got used to just watching Tali in yoga pants every other day, and I think the girls like me because I'm not Tali in yoga pants."

IC:

"Nicole, we talked about this."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Do people act like this when they start drinking?" Kristen asked Dallas, watching Nicole's behavior and comments carefully.

"You sure you want to do that?" Sam asked, eyeing her carefully.

"Or we could turn it into the hard-stuff," Trinity said, reaching out and turning a magazine to stone for emphasis.

IC: Aella "How are we suppose to eat rock?" I asked incredulously. IC: Krystal "Would it surprise you if I said yes?" Krystal asked with the slightest hint of a grin. "You'd be amazed at what you become capable of doing when you've read Much Ado About Nothing ten times in a row."

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Aella "Stop that!" I exclaimed, moving closer toward Trin. "You're gonna damage your teeth, get it stuck in your throat, or something!" I reached to grab for the stone-turned magazine. IC: Krystal "Fairly sure most fridges on the carrier would have it, let's go look for some."

Edited by A billion cats

John Harken- Safe House

John quickly turned the sauce down before draining the now ready spaghetti noodles. Pulling out several paper plates and plastic utensils, he got a plate of food for each of the escapees, figuring that they probably had no idea how to deal with it.

Acting as an example, he stirred up his own before twisting some of it up on his fork and eating it.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Aella I tossed the rock behind the couch as John came in with two plates of...strings mixed in red gooey stuff. I stared down at the alien object with a confused expression on my face, then I looked back at John, observing how he was eating it. I supposed that it must be food, I picked up the plastic utensil and tried to hold it the way John was, why was it so difficult?" I stabbed into the plate of strings a few times and splattered a bit of it. With an air of frustration I tried again, my pounding head not helping matters at all. This time I managed to twist the string around it, I brought it up to my mouth... I chewed the foreign objects in my mouth for a good min before swallowing and sat their dumbfounded...quite frankly I wasn't sure what to make of it. They didn't taste anything like cookies. IC: Krystal Krystal followed with a calm demeanor, with the slightest hint of anticipation in her eyes. Sitting on standby for weeks in the Helicarrier could make one crave a little excitement now and then. It didn't take long for the two to locate the nearest lounge and search the entirety of it's fridge for Margarine of all things. After pulling nearly the entire contents of the fridge onto the floor they found a tub of the yellow spread. "Success!" Krystal exclaimed, pulling their prize from the cold machine.

Edited by A billion cats

IC: "Fortunately we don't need them to talk," Alec reasoned calmly. Exploding plants were hardly the weirdest thing you had to deal with at an school full of mutants, "We just need them to see. Or hear. Or maybe both. Just enough that they can pull an NSA on John's privacy."

IC: Persephone descended on the group now eating food, the hated cocktail dress swapped out for a pair of slacks and a cardigan.

"Not destroyed anything too expensive, I hope?"

IC: Magnitude snorted at Scorcher's suggestion, "Oh please, if there were any more people there you'd get annoyed they were stealing your beer and burn the place down."

IC: A car of completely nondescript appearance pulled up along Reptilian's crime scene. Out of it stepped Bootleg, clad in his own modified version of HYDRA combat fatigues, pistol in a shoulder holster.

"Someone trying to leave a message?" he suggested, "Perhaps its not carelessness, its someone letting us know they're targeting our guys?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Feral

John shook his head, "Naw no cords but I'll drive slow. Just try to hold em' in place the best you can." he said.

"Right, let's go." he said before exiting the pizza parlor and walking towards Matt's car. The backseat was now piled high with pizza boxes.

"Smells good," John said. "Wait, you want to drive for once Julia? Do you know how?"

"Ah can picture you out there in yoga pants." Christine smiled. "But I guess you're right. Anyone find out what happened to Tali?"

"Talked about what?" she giggled. She then looked at Kristen. "I act like this all the time. It just gets worse if I'm drunk."

IC: Scorcher

"Probably," he grinned. "But I would wait till everyone was outside before burning it down."

OOC: Happy Thanksgiving.

IC: Conrad

A black unmarked car flew down the road. The sound of loud German metal could be heard inside the cab as black leather gloves gripped the wheel. Conrad's vision flickered to his rear-view mirror where he stared into is own bottomless pale blue eyes for a moment before returning his eyes to the road. An agent had gone down. Hydra wasn't sure why. Conrad had been in the area, perhaps he could aide the ivestigation somehow.

Soon the wreckage came into view, along with Reptilian. He get's prettier everytime I see him. Conrad sneered to himself. His vehicle slid to a stop and he threw open the door. Conrad climbed out brushing a hand along his slicked back blonde hair as he walked forward. Hands at his side. In case he had to draw his pistols at a moments notice.

"Well hello there," Conrad said to his fellow agents. "I was just around the corner. Thought I might see what the fuss is." he then cocked his head as he drew closer to the bodies.

"I'm assuming we've pronounced him dead." he said sarcastically at the mangled body.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

Aleksandr's face turned dark, and he set what was left of his second biscuit down onto the napkin he was using. He wasn't as blind to Tali's affections as much as he was Matt's, and even though he had never felt anything more than camaraderie for her as martial artists and fighters, he'd always thought she'd been a sweet girl, easy on the eyes and as good a soul as Aleks had ever known. Her disappearance into thin air, right in the Institute just a few weeks after Warren's return, gnawed away at him every time the subject was broached, and this time was no exception.

"No," he finally said, keeping it simple, "no, she's still missing."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Tera, for her part, raised an eyebrow at the proceedings, turning to raise a hand in greeting when Persephone returned. "So, while I almost hate to ask, what's the plan?"IC:"I never said that I was sane." Rebekah pointed out with amusement, squeezing Brooklyn slightly as she watched her navigate through the menus. "In fact, I'm pretty certain I'm not."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"What's the worst Worthington could do? Throw me out?" Belikov asked, smirking to himself playfully. "I would love to see the old man try."

IC:

"Yeah, yeahhhh, whatever you say. Hey, do you prefer subtitles on your visual entertainment mediums?" Brook asked Bekah innocently. "I kind of hate them for blocking the screen, but I love them for clarifying what's being said - plus some stuff is just perfect to read in text form. I wish that I could find, like, the best of both worlds, you know? Hey, Bek, do you think anyone's invented a subtitle cannon? You know, like something that beams subtitles into your brain? I wanna."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I wouldn't push Warren Aleks. He could always do what he did to Ash." She said softly. She'd only known Ash for a short time but what happened didn't sit right with her. Even if Jeremy had been killed. If Christine recalled he did teleport in front of the flames.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC (Romulus)
“You overstate the problem. The Brotherhood can give all of the speeches it wishes, but unless you believe only men like you and I are capable of grasping the rank hypocrisy in their statements, then I see no reason to make an enemy of them. Removing their public credibility will make the Brotherhood desperate, very desperate. I suspect they will revert to terrorism fully in that case.” Romulus took another sip of his wine. “And I for one, have no desire to inherit a burning world.”
Romulus threw down a file on the table. “We recovered these from the pyre they so kindly built for Weapon-X. The mad science so eagerly pursued by my defective copy had consequences. They called it the Red Wave. A type of energy that can induce mutations in a normal human, you are an intelligent man Mr. Picker. Tell me, if the Brotherhood still has this technology, if they become desperate enough to use it….what shall happen to our fragile little world?”

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"I have spent too much time around monsters, Christine, and I have seen many of these monsters swallow grown men whole. I respect them. I loathe them, and call them out on the monsters they are, but I do respect them," Aleks said darkly. "Warren doesn't get that privilege. If the Archangel wishes to devour me, let him try. I am not Ashlynn."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley "That we can do!" Ashley picked up another potted flower and shoved both of them into Alec's arms. "Here, start taking as many pots as you can and put them everywhere!" Ashley picked up two more pots. "They can't see or hear in the way we can, but they can sense when others approach...and each other." Ashley gleamed. "If I can get a flower in John's hair or somewhere on his person then it should work purrrfectly!" Ashley turned to the three kittehs. "Kittens! I have an important job for you! Use your cute and fluffy powers to distract anyone who comes near us!" There was lots of meowing in response. IC: Aella I didn't answer Trin right away, instead I took another cautious bite of the strings, then another...and another. Soon enough I found I'd eaten the entire plate. "Well..." I began. "It's pretty good!" I felt my face for a moment, I had that red stuff all over me. "It's kinda messy though." IC: Krystal "Oh I'm always prepared." Krystal quipped. Krystal stood behind Sam and watched her prepare. "Do I need to be standing in a certain spot for this?"

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"Maybe I'll try some once the party has started then," Kristen said, heading off to go guard the stash, "God knows I need to boost my mood."

"We don't need to be not-messy when eating. Do we?" Trinity asked, promptly before starting to wolf down the noodles.

"Just stand by me," Sam said as she finished her preparations, "We don't want to get separated now, do we?"

With that, Sam started her incantation. As she neared it's conclusion, there was a flash of light as the circle, the ingredients, Sam, and Krystal vanished, instead replaced by a small horde of kittens. That moment, a good number of pet stores started to call into the police, complaining about how almost all of their kittens had mysteriously been stole right under their noses.

Sam and Krystal, in the meanwhile, suddenly found themselves standing on the side of a mountain in god-knows where.

"I think it's safe to say that it worked," Sam said, starting to frown as she didn't want either her suit, nor her robes to get dirty in a climb down the mountain.

"If he tries Ah'll be there to punch him in the face." Christine said. "That reminds me you still need to help me with some lessons with mah shooting." She said as she held up her pistol.

IC:"Row!" Cat Dallas replied before he dropped off of Alec's back and then began to run around the group doing small circles.

OOC: huh I forgot about the Red Wave machine. I assumed it might of been destroyed with Genosha. It was supposed to be Quicksilvers final plot.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

"Alaric, don't do this," the wind whispered, in the raspy tones of a corpse with fire for hair and charcoal for skin.

It was the midnight hour, but everything glowed like heaven; his cell phone in his hand was beaming at him mercilessly, which would have annoyed him much more if the runway he wasn't pacing down didn't have threshold lights to match his every stride; even the stars and moon above him were vibrant and pure, lit up opal like his sister's eyes. He got the curious sensation that, with the energy crackling around his form and inside his lungs, and the display of beacons above, beside, and behind him, he was walking inside a particularly elongated bolt of lightning; the sound of the plane starting was thunder, high and whining, and it thrummed inside his chest so loud and long that his heart almost remembered how to beat the way it used to again. He'd gotten a call later in the day and picked up expecting Black, who was expecting answers, answers that would break Alaric's heart to give. The hour for interrogation had been postponed, though - this news was frantic and urgent. Better than he could have hoped. Answers of his own.

Despite his excitement, the wind still whispered urgent warnings into his ear, begged for him to stop and consider other ways. There was no other road for him to take on this one; he was hurtling down the highway called Necessity, going forty over the speed limit with no intention of slowing down; this was the only way he saw. The stairs leading to his private plane were folded down, awaiting his boarding. On the bannister by the top step sat an angel with majestic wings, emerald eyes that glowed too brightly to be anything but real life, and a sad smile just for him. Hoping against hope, the corners of his own lips tugged upwards - at once, her neck was ripped sideways, as though she'd been slapped. Her hair grew darker and darker, orange then red then copper then crimson, wilder, until it covered her whole body and charred her to ash on the very step.

Alaric Carlisle's footsteps ground her into the stairs, into his shoes, and onto the tarmac, and when the plane sealed up again it was like she was never there.

"You can bring us back, Ric," said another girl, a demon this time; her eyes glowed tangerine and radiated heat as she beheld him there, lounging out on the loveseat in his personal cabin; she sat up curiously, tousling her orange hair. It changed from curly to straight to curly again, and depending on the hairstyle she sported her eyes would glow or dim. The angel had broken his heart; this one was not content with stopping there, and shuffled around his heart in her hands and cast the chunks like dice into the air between them. Her voice was high and sweet, music with a serrated edge. "Why haven't you brought us back? You're going to bring us back, right?"

Of course, he mouthed, closing his eyes to prevent the sheer aura of warmth around her from stinging at them any further. She seemed satisfied by that and sighed in content - when his eyes opened again, dampened by the sizzling fire she had set him ablaze with, she had disappeared. Merely vanished; she was still there, unlike the other, but she was gone nonetheless and no matter what highway Alaric took, no matter the route or exit, he could never quite chase her down. Of course I'll bring you back.

He sat down on the loveseat and closed his eyes again; when they next opened, it was dawn in Colorado, and he knew what he had to do.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Julia

"Um..."

Julia eyed the car, eyes tracing the aerodynamic contours. Yeah, she knew how to drive. **** yeah, she wanted to drive this car.

"I guess I could take it for a spin..."

IC: Reptilian

"Wait, no, I've seen this before," Reptilian said, glancing at the Camaro again. "It matches the MO of a contract killer we've been tracking for a while. He showed up on our radar shortly after some of our US contacts went silent. Nothing to major at first, but recently, he's been getting more daring. If I'm right, and this is his work, it's highly unlikely he's been picking his own targets."

As if on queue, the sound of screeching tires met his ears. He raised his pistol and let out a startled hiss.

"Well hello there."

It was agent Kaufmann, not the killer. Not that that changed how much Reptilian wanted to shoot him.

"I was just around the corner. Thought I might see what the fuss is."

Their fellow agent sauntered over and took a look at the body.

"I'm assuming we've pronounced him dead."

"Agent Kaufmann," Reptilian said. "You're just in time. Tell me, have you heard of the mercenary that's been targeting HYDRA's assets recently?"

67tlbk.png