Marvel, Rebirth:

IC(Cynegild Picker):

"Most probable scenario? Eighty percent or more of the population dies screaming. Unacceptable."

The moments passed as Cynegild stared down at his hands, folded neatly before him on the table. Finally, he heaved a heavy sigh, and spoke.

"We cannot, then, afford to oppose the Brotherhood through propaganda. We cannot risk pushing them to violent measures. Unless you are aware of a chance to defang the Brotherhood, and remove the threat of accidental near total annihilation, our next best option may to remove a more reckless destabilizing element. Before I continue, does such a chance exist? Can we neutralize the Red Wave before it becomes an issue?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Romulus)

"If I knew that for certain Mr. Picker I would have taken action already." Romulus sighed. "As it stands, the Brotherhood has been remarkably difficult to infiltrate. The few mutant agents I have at my command are on other, higher concern deployments. A certain tinpot tyrant in Africa has been giving us trouble, you understand. As it stands, our profile on the current leader of the Brotherhood make the deployment of the weapon unlikely. Unless he's pressed into a corner. Idealists have a way of turning rabid once that happens." Romulus frowned slightly. "I have extensive experience with such behavior. This does mean, however, we have time to remove this threat. Quite alot of it. There is a chance Mr. Picker. I cannot give you the exact number, but the ruins of Genosha may yield answers. I doubt MACE swept up everything during the battle."

Romulus took another sip of his wine and smiled. "Wonderful vinetage. I had this made....oh, I believe a hundred years ago today. Forgive me, I've been a poor host, would you like some?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC(Cynegild Picker):

Cynegild smiled sadly, and waved to dismiss the offer.

"Alas, I trust not to wine - though I do not doubt its quality, such as it is. No, for mortals such as myself, a well-brewed cup of tea is the elixir of life, and alcohol... Well, it is no exaggeration to call it a poison.

"Now, as for the dictator you mentioned, how goes the work on that front? Stabilizing that region... well, you know how cooperative people get when you're a world-saving humanitarian instead of a prospective God-Emperor of Mankind. I'd like to help in any way I can."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Krystal "Holy ######...." Krystal exclaimed, looking around her new surroundings with wide eyes. Despite her claims of being prepared, being suddenly ripped from one location to the next was quite jarring. It didn't help that the new environment was much, much colder, and the wind was biting at them. "I wish I had brought my coat..." Krystal muttered, crossing her arms and hugging herself. "...wait a tick, I did bring a coat." She smirked, then her body began to morph as fur began to grow all across her body, her features began to slowly change until they started to match her ears and tail in appearance. When it was done she was largely the same in size and shape, she just now had a fur coat, clawed fingers, and her nose was more like a dogs, but without a muzzle. "Why couldn't we have shown up in Hawaii?" Krystal sighed, her voice a tad more gruff. Her eyes had a slightly more bestial look to them. She looked down at her feet, her now wolf-like feet had busted through the heels. "###### it...forgot to take those off..." She ripped the destroyed shoes off and chucked them off the mountain. "There goes another pair."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Alex blinked once, slightly sheepish. "Sorry. In answer to your question... In hindsight, it was wise. Not many of the other people here could have handled Novocain, and certainly only a handful would have been able to stop him.""But at the time... I don't know for sure. Practicality, for one. Necessity, for another. But in large part, I think it was numbers. At the time, I was one of the only people keeping this place from crumbling, be it internal issues or government interference. That had to be weighed against what would happen if I went. Some might have been saved, but I wouldn't have been walking out.""And if I were gone, who was going to keep the last place I cared about safe?"

IC (Rachel Thomas)

"I think you did the right thing."

IC (Rene LeBeau)

The kinetopath waited patiently for his best friend to respond, but as Dal's silence stretched on, his heart began to sink.

IC:

"I...I'm an X-Man, Rene," Dal finally said quietly, though he spoke to his coffee more than he did his friend.

"I'm awful at being one. I've let a lot of people die. I've killed a couple myself. I've ignored the problems of entire realities just because they didn't have the nerd I was looking for. I've ignored the problems here. I'm kind of a dick, and chances are I'm the worst X-Man to ever walk the goddamn multiverse, but...I'm still an X-Man."

His voice was quiet, with none of his normal braggadocio or pomp, none of the emphasis on words, not even snark. Just whispers.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Feral

"Alright, just don't drive too fast or we'll loose all the pizza." John said as he tossed her the keys. He then hopped over the side into the passenger side and clicked his seat-belt into place.

IC: Conrad

The German's pale blue eyes lit up a bit as he turned towards Earl.

"Of course I've heard of him," Conrad smiled. "He's the reason I'm here after all. I've been trying to track him down and put a bullet in his head."

IC:"Why?" The technopath asked, after a few moments of silence. "I appreciate the sentiment, but... Why? How do you tell what decision was the right one?""Because I've got a whole host of them that I'm still not sure on."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"A lack of coats is the least of our problems," Sam said. She was shivering in her robes, but she made no effort to change. Doing so would use up energy she would know have to focus towards moving them again. As she thought this, she saw it. Out of the corner of her eye. It was surrounding them, but if you tried to look at it straight on, it would vanish from view.

"I think I accidentally bound the circle to us. I can tell because it keeps popping up out of the corner of my eye. Until we find another magician to unbind us, I think the circle is going to keep moving us until-"

Another flash of light. This time the two of them were standing in an empty theatre. Well, it was empty except for the now-startled Janitor who was running off to find help of some sort.

"... Until it finds a magically stable location," Sam said, ignoring the urge to retch, "It would probably be a good idea if we stay close, and don't do anything that would make it port us around faster."

Edited by Durandal Years

IC: Krystal "Oh god..." Krystal felt sick to her stomach as they teleported yet again, scaring the heck out of a janitor who took off running. At Sam's suggestion to stay close Krystal latched onto her arm. "This is a bit more exciting than I bargained for."

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"Whatever you do, remain calm," Sam said, trying to focus on the circle without looking at it.

"I'm trying to modify the circle so I can control how and when we change locale. At the current pace, I say I'll be able to do both, long enough for us to get a bearing and try to find help."

Sam then started to chant in whatever tongue she used magic in, as her chanting started to raise in sound and pitch, there was another flash of light as first they found themselves in the middle of a tundra, then in a grassy plain. Sam looked out of the corner of her eye at the circle, some contempt exuding from her, but mostly pride.

"There. When I'm done, be sure to let me know when you're ready to move again," Sam said, promptly before falling to her hands and knees and throwing up.

IC: Krystal Krystal felt queasy just watching Sam, but she managed to prevent herself from losing her lunch. She collapsed onto the grass below her and stared at the sky instead. "This is kind of fun...except for the sick stomach part...that's not much fun at all."

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Julia

Julia caught the keys and hopped in the car. She pressed a button on the steering wheel and watched the roof fold up over the cab with a big, dumb grin on her face. The canopy had barely finished locking itself in place when the car peeled out of the parking lot, its tires screeching like some demon composed of burnt rubber and tarmac. Julia's foot eased off of the gas pedal as they turned onto the road, slowing to a stop at a red light.

She glanced around. The road was mercifully empty and any sort of law enforcement mercifully absent. The light turned green. The car took off.

IC: Reptilian

"I don't think it's the killer himself we should silence," Reptilian suggested. "It's his employer we should worry about, though the former could still prove useful in locating the latter."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"I have no idea where I'll be able to send us next," Sam said, after she'd finished. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and backed away from where she'd puked. Sam's ragged breathing didn't help how horrid she felt, and she was still trying to decide if this venture was productive or not.

She currently was not feeling like it was productive. That wasn't the worst part. Since the circle was still bound to them, it could activate if they subconsciously willed it. No matter how far away the two of them got, especially if they got far away from each other, the circle might reactivate of it's own violation. Sam didn't mention this to Krystal. Better to keep hoping they'll stumble across another magician at some point.

"But when you're ready..."

IC:
"I'm going to cobble a subtitle cannon together, then. Like Tony Stark in the cave. I'm 'bout to Nikola Tesla that ######."
"...Dear, I'm not certain that you have the technical knowledge."
"Sweetie, you should have more confidence in meeee!" Brook pouted, crossing her arms around Rebekah in a frumpy hug. "I learned from the best - the Engineer in Team Fortress. Step one: smack stuff with a wrench until it starts shooting at you or popping off culture references only you get! Step two: get that paper!"
-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Krystal "We are....." Krystal trailed off as she stared at her phone, she began to tap the screen impatiently with her clawed fingers. Eventually she sighed and put her phone away. "...somewhere in South Africa."

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"As far as I know, when Ares vanished I'm his only replacement. There's magical communities all around the world... But locating them, or trying to get their help, isn't the easiest of tasks," Sam said, frowning as she thought about the implications, "Best thing we can do is hope we can get jump to somewhere with people, and hope we can get some help from them."

IC: Feral John held onto the side of the passenger seat for dear life as Julia flew down the road. "At least we won't loose any pizza." IC: Conrad"True," Conrad nodded at Earl. "We could always let me interrogate him. Once we have the information we need then he is no longer useful and I can silence him."

Edited by Flex Cop

IC:

"Screwed is such a strong word," Sam said disdainfully, "Give me a few days, and I'll be able to modify the spell so I, or you, can control, and hopefully at some point make it so that we wont jump at random..."

Sam gave her a certain look, giving Krystal the impression that this wasn't the worst thing that could happen to them, but it wasn't necessarily good either.

IC: Krystal "Well alright then...let's try to get some place where there are actually people, that would be a good start." Krystal's body began to shift again, till she looked mostly human, save for the ears and tail.

Edited by A billion cats

IC: Julia

The Corvette roared into the X-Manor's parking lot and screeched to a halt just outside the garage. Julia, still grinning wider than ever, pulled out her phone and sent a new message to Dallas.

The pizza has arrived.

IC: Earl

"Well, I suppose we should start searching. The nearest city is Denver."

Edited by Zyke the Space Biker

67tlbk.png

IC:

Sam activated the circle again, and the two of them flashed away, to who knows where.

It didn't take long for them to find out. The re-appeared in a dark space, incredibly confined too. They were surrounded by what appeared to be fabric of some sorts while due to the lack of space, Sam and Krystal were pressed against each other, and both were visibly agitated by the lack of space.

"... This is uncomfortable," Sam said, her breath rapidly starting to increase, probably from the teleport... Though her eyes darted nervously about, like a sort of desperate animal trying to move her arms about to search for any openings, "Try to find some sort of way out! There has to be one!"

Meanwhile, Kristen was in Alaric's room. She had heard the rumors following his disappearance, and the return of Warren, but she hadn't put any stock into them. She suffered a brief relapse of things long past, meeting her version of Alaric for the first time, him beating her, him beating her, coming to this dimension and trying to kill him... Good times. Kristen knew that Chris had taken some history lessons from him when there was the opportunity, but upon Kristen's return to sanity, she had stayed away from Alaric. Being in his room, looking at the things he left behind... It made her regret that choice instantly.

She'd found the stash by first looking at the desk in his room. In the far upper left leg of the desk is a switch that opened into a secret space under the floor that opened a section of the wall which revealed that stash. Already impressed by the amount of care Alaric had put into guarding the alcohol, she decided to investigate more. Sure enough, there was a small lever in the back of the space where the stash was. A small thump was heard from the main room, enough to be hidden if there was still people hanging around Alaric's room. Heading back into the main room, she did a quick look around of the place. The closet? No, it was still locked from when Kristen had entered the room. It looked like a key went to it, but Kristen had been unable to find it thus far. Eventually, the only place she hadn't checked was the bed, and upon looking under it she found that part of the floorboards had come off. Quickly moving the bed, she tried prying the floorboards off, only to discover that the ones that had come off were on a hinge, and easily flipped out. Inside was a ton of more bottles and cans. Bingo.

Kristen decided that with the excess of alcohol, a few bottles wouldn't be missed here and there. Seeing how she had never drank any alcohol before, she was quite quick to grab at least five different bottles, and immediately started to drink. After the five were gone, she felt.. Interesting to say the least. She felt quite happy, especially considering recent events, and she had no idea what she was doing. That's when the thumping started from Alaric's closet. A closer inspection revealed that it was incredibly small for a closet, and probably was used to hold only his briefcase and fancier clothes.

It was also large enough to barely hold two adult women, if it had been emptied. Deciding that she lacked the key, and it was probably one of Ashley's pets that had found a way into there (and it would probably find a way out the second Ashley started looking for it), Kristen went back to keeping an eye out for anyone trying to get to the alcohol and deciding which bottle she wanted next.

IC Tokiomi"ue wo muite arukounamida ga kobore nai you ni..."The classic tune played in Tokiomi's car as the SHIELD agent drove along. He had left Chicago about an hour ago, the sky still dark. Tokiomi hadn't heard from Rashad ever since he had leftOOC Auron, Snelly, if Toast doesn't respond, would Krsytal and Gassamat need help from Tokiomi?

IC: The plates that made up the outer casing of Alec's arm rippled as slender hooks emerged from the mechanical depths of his signature appendage, pairs of them grasping onto plant pots like shining silver pincers. He could hold way more like this, and not worry about some sitcom-esque situation of dropping them all when skidding on a banana skin or something ridiculous like that. Now to get these dancing spy-plants dotted all around the school for superhuman mutants...

IC: Magnitude gave Scorcher a look. Or rather, A Look. It somehow managed to convey his disapproval that Kane would still burn the place down given that all their stuff was in there, and doubt that he would actually wait until everyone was out of it

IC: "Well for a start, how about trying to get everyone to a bed?" Persephone suggested to Tera, "I think those two especially might be easier to deal with when they're not so over-tired." No need to clarify who she meant by 'those two'. Hint, it wasn't Harken and Mikhail

OOC: Might as well redo Bootleg's arrival with the other HYDRA dudes since it got missed the first time

IC: Shortly behind Conrad's car, another turned up and from it emerged the blocky form of Bootleg.

"Don't suppose we got any really obvious leads?" he asked, walking up to the crime scene, "No handy notes with addresses, no accidentally left passports?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Krystal

"Alright..." Krystal said with a muffled voice, some clothes in the way. She started to feel around for a doorknob or latch, anything that could get them out. She had no such luck, but she she was fairly sure she was pressing against a door of some kind, a little more feeling around and she discovered it had a lock.

"It...it has a lock..." She said disgruntledly. "Though...I should be able to break it down." She pushed against the door a few times to get a feel of it, making plenty of noise. "Yeah, one or two strong shoves and it should break..."

IC: Aella

Tera and the SHIELD agents didn't have a difficult time getting us to sleep. Once we had eaten and got all the sauce off our faces we were too tired to do anything but pass out. We had a nice warm blanket that really beat the ###### little sheets I had back at the HYDRA lab.

I couldn't move my arms, legs, or even my neck...I was forced to stare straight up into a bright piercing light. In the corner of my eyes I could see the shadows of people, they were wearing masks, the kind a doctor wore, they had instruments and tools, as if they were performing surgery...

I tried to call out, but I couldn't hear my own voice, I couldn't hear anything...of the doctors moved in toward my body and pressed something sharp and cold against my skin. I started to scream noiselessly, the pain was incredible and yet I wouldn't pass out, my entire body jerked as much as the restraints allowed...I felt the air starting to move violently around me and the room, it caused the doctors to stop. They put some sort of mask over my face quickly...and everything started to fade...

A sharp shriek gave everyone a nice wake up call that morning. I shot straight up into a sitting position on the couch, wondering where the ###### I was. It took me a moment to remember what had happened yesterday, but looking down at my lap and seeing Trin still sleeping there reminded me I was safe. I wasn't in that dreadful place anymore. I shivered in spite of this, my whole body was shaking.

Krystal shoved with all her might, the thin closet door didn't have a chance against the strength of the mutant, half of it tore in the middle, the top of it flying off. Krystal kicked the other half of it out of the way and stumbled out of the closet and into the open.

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"Is it time to start already?" Trinity asked wearily, sitting up after Aella's shriek, rubbing her eyes.

Krystal didn't really just stumble out of the closet, she was more pushed by Sam trying to get out of the confined space. Unfortunately, both fell right atop a startled drunken Kristen, who at the moment had nearly dodged the flying closet doors.

"Oh thank gods we're out," Sam said, trying to regain control of her breathing. Seeing how both of them were atop some random girl, she quickly started to frown, "Hey Krystal? I think we landed on someone. I'm on her legs, can you check to make sure we didn't crush her?"

OOC: Okay, what happened to the talk show host guy?IC: Rashad had reached Denver without any problems, and made his way to the safe house- a small log cabin perched on a snowy slope just outside the city. Or at least that's what it looked like.It extended three stories into the mountain, providing a safe haven and base of operations for SHIELD in the area. He parked the truck he had had to use to make it up the slope, and headed towards the door. A quick retinal scan confirmed his identity, and he made his way inside, hanging up his coat. Looking down the stairs he found the cabin came complete with its own helicopter- that'd come in handy later. He sank into a leather chair to await the arrival of his team.OOC: Someone please interact with Brianne?

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Krystal was quick to get off the poor girl's face. "Are you alright?" She began to ask, as she got a good look at the girl's feature's she began to recognize her, the lack of an arm confirmed it.

"Oh my goodness, we're in Xavier's school." What were the odds of that?

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"I'm- I'm fine, so long as nobody tries to flatten me again," Kristen said, sitting up and trying to clear her head, to no avail, "I'll be fine as long as you two are here~"

"You mean the mutant-school? Talk about the odds," Sam said as she stood, before turning to Kristen, "Girl, do you know where the headmaster is?"

"Wha-? I don't know, I don't care. I got everything I need right here," Kristen said, not currently in her right mind as she hugged Sam's leg.

"I know my way around here Sam, I should be able to find the headmaster." Even though it had been a year she was confident she had not forgotten the layout of the school, unless they completely remodeled everything.

Krystal nudged Kristen. "Hey, Kristen...it's Krystal...you know, the woman with the wolf ears." Kristen didn't respond very well, Krystal saw the cause..lots of alcohol bottles, a lot of them empty.

"Are you okay?"

Edited by A billion cats