BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC Karna

The journey out was uneventful. Cloaked in a sound-dampening field and with his Akaku to reveal any threats, the priest soon stepped into the outside air. It was humid, warm and muggy, befitting a jungle. After the cold and cloying air in Mangaia, it was welcoming and comfortable

It was close to dusk, the high noon sun they had entered the catacombs under replaced by a low reddish orb hanging over the eastern horizon. In the light, Skorm's injuries appeared, if possible; worse. The skakdi had commented on his endurance and toughness, apparently the product of antidermis exposure

Laying the Ba-Toa on the ground, the priest finally had the time to construct splints and tend to him more thoroughly. He set what bones he could, applied salves and coagulants to some areas and cleaned and bandaged his lower torso and legs. It was not much, but it might buy him another day. He managed to get some more water and alcohol down his throat to, he lacked actual painkillers or sedatives, so he had to do what he could to keep him resting

He had spent hours doing this and risked his life going down into the tunnels; why?

It would be easy to dismiss it as a doctor and priest's work, perhaps easier still to say he needed no reason or that he found the Toa's tragedy entertaining. The truth was that he wanted to see him recover in mind and body. His state was not one he would wish on anyone, to have your mind corrupted and bent on killing your own brothers was a terrible fate. Maybe what he wanted was to fight against fate or the gods or whoever had ordained these events. If destiny created people like Skorm or himself, then he would rage against it with all his might

What he wanted to find was salvation, both Skorm's and his own

Philosophical quandries aside, what he needed was a mask of healing or access to more potent medical supplies, they had few options here. So he would have to travel. Ta-Koro was under heavy guard since the Piraka attack and they were not renowned for healing regardless; Ko-Koro was sealed behind mountain ranges, it would be impossible to travel there with his injured companion; Ga-Koro knew the Ba-Toa, they'd be arrested or killed on sight.

Le-Koro was nearby, but the priest had old enemies there. Onu-Koro was similarly past mountain ranges. That left Po-Koro. It wouldn't be his first choice, but it was his only choice right now. Travelling along the interior of the island would carry them through easy terrain and merchant caravans frequented the trade routes, it would be easy to find and pay one for transport to Po-Koro in Ga-Wahi

OOC : Bunnying okayed by Keeper, Skorm and Karna to Po-Wahi

...but close to it

IC: The Recluse

He nodded. It was nice. The temple was always a place rich with nature. The one Matoran-made structure he really loved on the island. Though that Lesterin's tree-house was nice too. He'd protected this place once, and now he was fixing it. It felt good.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Kotak - Mangaia tunnel

The Ko-Toa absolutely radiated with elemental power, chilling the air around him. He was angry at Zaktan, enraged that his quest had been for nothing.

He spun, and began to stalk out, headed for the surface.

Clearly, he'd have to get what he wanted somewhere else.

OOC:Open for interaction.

IC: The Heretic - Abettor's Chamber.

The priest backed away slowly, staff still ready to defend himself from the Rahkshi hovering next to the brown skakdi. "I think my companions have the right idea," he said carefully, "it's clear that we are not welcome here." He paused, suddenly remembering something. He pulled the staff of the dead Rahkshi off his back and tossed it to the floor. "What belongs to Makuta should return to him."

He spotted Trauer; the only member of the party who hadn't said anything in a while, "Are you coming?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Trauer

Trauer had been strangely captivated by the scene. Skorm had fought through excruciating pain to try to obtain something, and Kotak seemed incredibly insistent.

What was in there?

A curiosity Trauer had never known before was piqued. Maybe--

"Are you coming?"

Trauer glanced over his shoulder. Right. His master.

"Yes, I'm coming," he said, though he couldn't be sure how loudly he had spoken.

As he turned to follow The Heretic, he determined to remember this Vault. He would follow his master for the time being, but he would come back eventually, if only to satisfy his curiosity.

• Upvote 2

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: The Heretic. 

As the slow return trip through the tunnels began, The Heretic sighed dejectedly, "I didn't know what to expect when we came down here, but not this. Those skakdi have entered the Vault, taken its power for themselves. They will be punished..." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Trauer glanced at The Heretic.

"Punished by whom?" he asked absently. He was still thinking about the Vault, what lay inside. He already found himself itching to turn back, but... no. Not now. Later.

The priest considered Trauer's question for a few moments. "That is not for me to decide." 

IC Kotak:

As the white and silver warrior broke the surface, he squinted, eyes adjusting to the light.

He was angry still. How many years he had trained, building his body and mind to their peak, only to be brushed off like so much trash?!

He sat on a stone across from the Great Temple still under repair, letting his sheild and weapon drop from his hands beside him in Despair.

OoC: open for interaction.

OOC: Horde from Ga-Wahi.

IC (Rhow):

Out from the jungle, a group of Skakdi emerged, armor splattered with mud and generally looking like spent the last few days on the road, which they had. The mercenaries turned restauranteurs turned Rahkshi safari-goers had traveled north to the village of fire and then taken the Onu-Koro highway west to pass under the mountains. Stories of attacks in Ko-Wahi and rampant wildlife in Le-Wahi had not worried Rhow too much - they were Skakdi after all, but out those three possible routes, the underground one had been the fastest way. 

Standing on the edge of the forest, Rhow shielded her eyes and surveyed the area. Rumour had it that there was always a dark presence around the Kini-Nui temple even without the Makuta around, thanks to the network of tunnels below. Speaking of which:

"Time to find ourselves an entrance."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Stumbling at last out into the light of day, the priest leaned heavily on his staff, surveying his surroundings. There were more skakdi nearby. Great. If they were here for the Vault, he didn't like their chances. The Abettor would likely crush them, as it had Skorm. Or perhaps this Zaktan and his other friends would deal with them. Either way, the darkness below was not safe for any being, whether they served the dark or the light.

Some may have been disheartened by this, but not The Heretic. This only served to motivate him further. He had seen firsthand the results of Makuta's power being used for ill. He needed to show others the error of their ways. He needed to foster peace, not more violence. But first... a warning to others. Taking the staff of the dead Rahkshi, he planted it deep into the dust before the tunnel entrance. Now any who saw it would know where it let, and what waited below. 

He turned to Trauer, making a beckoning motion to his fellow Lesterin.

It was time to move on. 

Hormd- Kini Nui

IC: It seemed that their quiet glade had attracted a fair number of people all at once. It was only polite to greet them.

Making his way towards the group of Skakdi, Hormd bowed and spoke.

"Welcome to Kini-Nui. May I ask what brings you here?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: "My name is Hormd Gronjkr. My comrades and I are followers of Mata Nui who have set up camp here in order to repair the damage done to this temple over the last couple of years."

The old white Matoran gave the group a once over. They were a solid looking group, all Skakdi and it was obvious that they trusted each other enough to be fair hands at teamwork. Not inherently violent, but neither did they look afraid of a fight.

"I think perhaps, that you are here for what lies beneath the ground rather than what lies atop it. Mangaia, and specifically the Vault within seem to be the main attractions of late."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"More or less," said Iraanus. "Dunno about the Vault, though," he added idly. "We're more into the business of killing things than treasure hunting, if you catch my drift." As he spoke, Iraanus' eyes wandered about the glade, sizing up the landscape, the temple, and the beings working on its reconstruction.

Q2TtLEz.png

Hormd- Kini Nui

IC: Hormd gave an annoyed sigh and rubbed at what might have been the start of a headache between his eyes. Looking at the group he tried not to let his thoughts show on his face.

Why can't we ever get any nice visitors?

"Not much killing to be done here, I am pleased to say. Although if you could hang around to help deal with the people who come through here and toss around vague threats, that would be appreciated."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: The Heretic

"Where shall we go from here?" he asked Trauer. "Any place you'd prefer to visit?" 

IC (Rhow):

"Heard rumours about that vault-thing." Rhow said, with a slight shrug, "Not really our concern though."

"Not exactly here for killing things either, but that might be unavoidable." she added to Iraanus' comment. "We're mercs alright, but this is a mission of our own. There's still feral Rahkshi, Taoki wants to know more about them."

She would have left it at that, but despite her normal approach of 'hit an obstacle until it is dead' approach, she got curious.

"From what you say it sounds like quite a few people have ventured underground to seek that vault...anybody recent we might run into down there?"

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: Hormd was glad and slightly surprised to see somebody with a bit more sense in this group. Glancing at the Makuta Priest fellow as he left, the white Matoran replied.

"That is the last of the most recent group. If anybody else is down there they did not enter this way. I feel that I should warn you though, one of them came back with some very severe injuries. It seems like those that live in the Dark are still dangerous."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Any place you'd prefer to visit?"

The Vault.

"Not particularly..." he said, his mind drifting. He had not been to many of the Koros, though he had passed through every Wahi. He hadn't found any of the locations noteworthy; he couldn't think of any particular place he wanted to visit.

Well, except for the Vault.

Edited by (Daedalus)

"Then perhaps we should rest here awhile before heading out. I wish to explore the temple a little further." 

Trauer nodded, and now that the subject of rest had come up, he felt suddenly weary. He hadn't rested since before they had gone down there and he wanted to get off his feet.

"I could definitely use some rest." He sat down on the grass and tilted his head up to look at The Heretic. "If you don't mind, Master, I'd like to lay down for a bit. If you'd like to explore the temple, I'll catch up with you in a little while."

IC: The Heretic - Kini-Nui Temple.

"Very well," the priest nodded, beginning to walk towards the temple, being careful not to get in the way of the workers. 

IC: The Heretic - Kini-Nui temple.

The priest wandered through the half-ruined temple, thinking about the things he'd seen and experienced down there at the entrance to Makuta's Vault. Skakdi with Rahkshi under their control... A massive robotic guardian who broke spines the same way he broke sticks...

That was a place he did not wish to return to. 

• 1 month later...

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi looked at her companions, then shrugged. 

"Well, this has been quite entertaining, but we have something to do here."

With a nod of the head, she indicated to the Horde to get moving. The group of Skakdi started moving again, Rhow in the lead, followed by Taoki and backed by the rest. Nearby, the pillars of the temple rose over the jungle, but Rhow had no eyes for the monument, only for the tunnel entrance ahead of them. A minute later, they stepped out of the light and into the darkness of Mangaia's pathways.