BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I need some repairs done."

Tarnok held up the box briefly, taking a few steps closer to be able to address the smith better. Despite his best efforts, even the simple act of walking was more tiring than it should have been; the Ussalmatoran mentally cursed the weakness. Finding a semi-open surface, he set the box down to be better able to indicate its contents. They were easily identifiable, even at a glance; Ussalry issue armor, and an assortment of weapons. A closer examination, however, showed that they told a story. The armor itself, quite clearly, was scorched and punctured, small pieces of shrapnel, in some places, still embedded in the battered metal. The damage wasn't unsubstantial, and just to drive the point home, much of it was still stained with crimson. There were signs of older damage, too; points where, to the smith's trained eye, it had been repaired before. Fire damage on the forearms and chest, various and assorted punctures and rends, some notably sized roughly the same as the head of a Rahkshi staff. 

The weapons told a similar story; though well cared for, they were clearly used. The knives were carefully maintained, but their leather handles were worn, and they had all long since lost the shine they'd held when new. The belt used to hold them had suffered quite a lot of damage, consistent with the damage on the armor, and buried beneath it all was a grenade belt, cleanly sliced through.

Tarnok hated to hand it all over. Without it, he felt wrong; unprepared, vulnerable. Which, he supposed, was true. The Onu-Matoran wasn't able to fight, not even when his movements weren't quite properly coordinated. All the armor in the world wouldn't do him any good if he couldn't fight back with it.

"The armor needs to be patched-" Again. "The weapons could use an examination, just to make sure they're not damaged," Probably won't be; the armor suffered worst. "And... If you can fix the belt, that'd be fantastic. The grenade belt needs to be re-sized, but I'm not sure if you do that."

He patted himself down for a moment, clearly searching for something; a moment later, he produced a pouch, the characteristic clank clearly identifying it as a bag of widgets. "Don't know how much this'll cost, so I'll take what this can get me. This," He tapped the chest armor, rubbing almost idly at the grime on the Ussalry emblem, and the faded Seventh squadron one next to it. "Is the first priority. Limb armor next, arms are more important than legs. The belts and weapons are last."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro prison)

Ran was sitting in his cell, eating lunch that consisted of bread made out of cave wheat, some water presumably from an underground river, and a plate full of cave mushrooms. This food is terrible, he thought.

Then Silo spoke and said "What d'ya think of these Piraka guys, Dan-Dan?" For a moment, Danaku pondered the meaning of the word 'Piraka'. Some guards had used it in their talks, and he had an idea that it was a group of people, who seemed to be criminals.

"Who are these Piraka? I've been wondering for a while."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron mused quietly, picking up one of the last armor pieces Tarnok had pointed out, the worn chestplate.

Ferron could easily slot himself in the Ussalmatoran's position. After all, being the only smith he himself knew of, his own equipment had also needed many repairs over the years, not to mention that of his teammates.

There was a great amount of history attached to these old, worn-out weapons and armor. Ferron supposed it was only fitting for a guardsman's armament to take scars like these, with such an unforgiving foe to do battle with. He knew that all too well.

The Turaga's metallic eyes glowed in the dark, sparsely lit forgeroom as he cast a brief glance at Tarnok's payment, and he smiled.

"That will do just fine," he lied, "you'll have your equipment back in prime condition as soon as possible"

Ferron took the box, with appropriate care and something near deep respect, and carried it off behind the counter.

As he emerged again, he looked more thoughtful.

"Forgive an old man for being nosy, but I do wonder why an Ussalmatoran wouldn't hand in his weapons at the Ussalry's own forge"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Paperwork and delay." The Ussalmatoran answered, without much of a delay. He gestured to the shop around him, keeping one hand carefully on the structure next to him, in case his body decided it was weaker than he thought, and then looked back to the Turaga. "One of the Ussalry's smiths is off with Heavy squadron. Most of their resources are going to something, don't know what."

"If I went through their smiths, it'd be added to a list of repairs. And after the past day... They'll have quite a few to do. They'd issue me something from the armory in the meantime, but... It's not quite right. Doesn't fit right, weapons aren't right. If you go to a private smith, you're a customer, rather than a note on a to do list."

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"And more expensive, generally." Ferron replied with a flash of good humor.

"Clearly you have enough history with this armor to justify that, though" he prodded, half-heartedly. On one hand, Ferron knew that sometimes, letting old ghosts rest was the best course of action, but on the other hand he was a Turaga now. Wasn't this the sort of thing he was supposed to do now?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Not with it specifically." Technically, it wasn't the first armor that he'd been issued; he'd been given his current set when he was assigned to the fledgling Ussalry Seventh. This set, however... Tarnok did have to admit that there was a certain importance to it. They'd dissolved Seventh, but they couldn't take away the emblem he still wore. His knives had been his from his first day, even if some had been lost along the way.

"... Well, some I suppose. It's important, in a way. Important enough not to replace."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Memories have that effect!" Ferron said, as a kind of definite statement. This he could vouch for with whatever wisdom he had managed to scrape together on his adventures. It wasn't grandiose, mysterious or even all that intelligently said when it came down to it, but it was true.

"Speaking of memories," he continued, "I can't recall getting to hear your name"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Ussalmatoran Tarnok, currently of Heavy Squadron." He introduced himself, holding a hand out to shake while making the daring move of taking the other off of its support to gesture to the Iroiit beside him. "You've already met Uyism, an old squadmate of mine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Reson.

"Orderly conduct..." Reson actually had to stop and really think about that one. He spent a lot of time drunk, and when he was drunk, he was loud, and rowdy and rude. But... he thought back to his time as a Matoran, before he'd become a Toa and everything had gone to . Orderly conduct had been something he'd liked to see. Sure, it was great to have a little fun every now and then, but disorder wasn't the best thing for a city as huge and prosperous as Onu-Koro.

So... "Yes," Reson agreed, "I do like Orderly Conduct."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The final question came as a serious surprise to Reson. First the guard had called him out for being drunk in public, and now she was offering to help him join the Ussalry? Reson didn't know what to think. This was a serious opportunity here,a chance to turn his life around and do something that was actually useful. A chance to use his powers for a good cause. How could he possibly say no? 

"Yes," Reson said gratefully, "I'd be honoured to join the Ussalry." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Reson tried to suppress the involuntary spring in his step as he followed Sajis to the Ussalry headquarters. Joining the Ussalry was quite possibly the single best thing that could happen to him. He could use his Toa powers to help the village and protect the Matoran. He could finally make up for his past mistakes and do something worthwhile with his life. Why hadn't he thought of this before? 

OOC: Answer: because he was too drunk to think.

Akira was glad Noira was happy, because the place was making the paladin feel a bit on edge. "How can someone live without seeing the sun? I can't see a thing in this dim light." she complained, the goggles built into her mask not making it easier. The industrial noises bounced around the cave village, making her head hurt. Akira understood the jobs that were here were necessary, but noone could pay her enough to work here. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity, despite never being here before. "Something's off with this place. I've been having this deja vu feeling ever since we've entered the wahi, but I can't put a finger on what it is." she noted to the Le-toa.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Reson understood the message and nodded meekly. He had to be serious now; no time for fun and games, or drunken ramblings. Doing his best to act more sober than he actually was, Reson followed Sajis inside. 

IC: Syvra

Syvra continued on

"Now the details. Recently I acquired the location of the Brotherhood's current base of operation. It is a location they have used in the past, though many years ago."

He reached into his satchel and pulled out a map of Po-koro, indicating a marked spot near the northern peninsula

"This will be our destination, a place called blackrock. However I do not have exact plans for the building, but that can be somewhat remedied when we are closer to the location."

He looked to Seren curious as to his response

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Ran was sitting in his cell, eating lunch that consisted of bread made out of cave wheat, some water presumably from an underground river, and a plate full of cave mushrooms. This food is terrible, he thought.

Then Silo spoke and said "What d'ya think of these Piraka guys, Dan-Dan?" For a moment, Danaku pondered the meaning of the word 'Piraka'. Some guards had used it in their talks, and he had an idea that it was a group of people, who seemed to be criminals.

"Who are these Piraka? I've been wondering for a while."

IC: (Silo/Onu-Koro prison)

"Bunch o' six skakdi...their goal seems to be to cause chaos and suffering to just about everyone; they sound like my kind of people."

Kathok

"Oh, very well." He was suddenly a lot more distrustful of Silo. Chaos and suffering.. what's the point?, he thought. Silo could be very useful in the prison escape, however. Danaku still needed his help. Maybe these 'Piraka' could be helpful as well.. "Do you think they could help us escape?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Onepu and Demos

The odd pair arrived back at the HQ in time to hear Syvra's second statement. Onepu gave Sajis a nod and gestured for the prisoner to join the other two before approaching.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well," he said, fully aware of the irony of him being the one talking. He probably looked a mess, all bandaged up with one eye covered by a patch. "Returning to duty already?"

The maskless Toa of Sonics approached his new partners, recognizing the Ussalman vaguely, having seen him around town before. He'd have been surprised if the recognition were mutual, however, dressed as he was in inmate clothes, and lacking his usual mask. "I could get a lay of the land if I were provided with a Huna," he suggested. "Not that I expect you to trust me with one," he mumbled aside.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

"So..." Reson coughed, looking around. "What now?" 

OOC: Sorry if my prose is dopey; I'm kind of in a rush.

IC: Lash.

The Rahkshi didn't attack straight away, so Lash attempted to duck around it. It stepped sideways to block her path, swatting her out of the way with the flat of its staff. It was toying with her! Cursing, she drew one of her whips, bringing it up to strike, only to find herself choking for breath. There was suddenly no air in the room. Seeing the faint glow around the Rahikshi's staff, she out two and two together and realised that it was the Rahkshi sucking the air out of the room. A Rahikshi of vacuum then, it seemed. Lash tried to strike out, but the Rahkshi easily avoided the clumsy blow, before buffeting her with a blast of air: the same air it had just leeched out of the room. 

hitting the back wall, Lash took a deep breath, knowing it might well be the last one she ever took, and threw herself at the Rahkshi, uncapping the vial of antidermis that Zaktan had given her. The Rahkshi pointed its staff right at her, and it seemed to draw the air right out of her lungs. She stumbled, flailed, and fell, bringing her hand up to make one last desperate throw of the vial...

"That's it?" Reson gaped. "No oath, or badge of office, or swearing in ceremony? That's pretty laid back. I like it. So... what do I do, now that I'm an official member of the Ussalry?" in the back of his mind, Reson knew he was acting like a giddy Matoran, but he didn't really care. This was pretty much the only positive and exciting thing that had happened to him in recent times, and he was well going to enjoy himself! "Sajis?" 

"Right... okay..." Reson stammered, pinning the badge to his chestplate and looking for somewhere to lie down. "I'll talk to you later, then..." He shook his head, still a little drunk. He found a warm corner and curled up to rest, digging through his pockets before he did so. A handful of widgets that probably weren't his, and a small bottle of something extremely alcoholic. for a moment, he considered taking a swig from the bottle. Shaking his head, he tossed it into the nearest bin, before lying down to sleep off his hangover.

It was time to start his new life.  

Lash was, admittedly, more than a little surprised to find herself still alive. 

IC: Sajis

There was a certain spring in Sajis' step as she walked out onto the streets once more, a spring that her colleagues usually wouldn't see in the serious Matoran. She had successfully ensured the protection of the village's order (oh, it may have been minor, but it still counted), and had added to the assets of her organisation. Onu would prosper if she had any say. And she would make sure it would. There was need for order.

And she would wait for the new recruit to awaken in the meantime.

IC:

“Thank you.” The Onu-Matoran said, nodding. “I could say much the same; you’re fairly recent in the village, aren’t you? Sometime after Makuta’s fall, I believe.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

Syvra shook his head

"I do have a method to get the lay of the land that will not require any of us to set foot near the place, just requires a bit of time."

However he turned to Onepu and spoke directly to him

"What will be the situation? Shall..." he stopped and looked at Demos for second "Don't believe I did get your name properly. And i don't believe in simply calling you the convict."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Lash got clumsily to her feet, dusting herself off while wincing involuntarily at the flash of pain that speared through her left arm. She coughed, wheezing for breath, which only made her new wound hurt all the more. 

When she'd fallen, the Rahkshi had struck, stabbing at her with its staff. It was only her lucky throw with the Antidermis vial that had saved her life. As soon as the liquid darkness had come into contact with the creature, it had stepped back, pulling its staff away from her, slicing a narrow but painful gash across her left shoulder instead of spearing her right through the heart. 

The orange and black Rahkshi of Vacuum now stood motionless a few feet away, her blood staining one end of its staff. It was her Rahkshi now, she knew. Hers to command. A sly smile crept across her narrow Vortixx face. 

“I’m going to call you Breathless.” She decided. 

Reson yawed, sitting up in the corner of entry hall to the Ussalry headquarters. For a moment, he wondered what the he was doing here, of all places, but then he felt the badge newly-pinned to his chestplate, and the events of yesterday all came rushing back. Sajis had given him a job in the Ussalry, and asked him to sleep off his hangover before joining her on patrol somewhere. 

His mind clear, more or less free from the effects of his last drinking spree, Reson got to his feet and set off to go find Sajis. 

Syvra nodded and turned back to Onepu

"What will the situation be with demos here? Shall he be given a mask of sorts?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: "So you're the one who tipped us off to that. Worked on that mission myself."

Seren listened carefully, drawing again as the others spoke.

"I can get the lay of the land using vibrations like sonar. Getting troop positions... More difficult."

Edited by Tali Relo

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra nodded to Seren

"Aye that would have been my work.. However the troop positions I have a method of handling"

Feel like introducing yourself venixa?

How?

Perhaps if you can pick up on an insect or something around here? Fairly certain there would be a dead bug somewhere in this office.

Will try.

Syvra could tell she was searching for the signal of a corpse, one that she could pick up on.. and then she seemed to become distant, meaning she had found a suitable one. Just then a small spider-like rahi, missing two of it's legs and the abdomen, scurried it's way onto the table syvra had used to lay the map down and offered what could be best described as a bow

"That will be our method, though probably something quicker, like a flying insect. She would provide us with details of the interior and any troops she could see. Just would require a bit of time."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu