• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Lewa Nuva (TRON Style)

TRON Nuva Bionicle Toa 2002

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hidron Nuva

Hidron Nuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 736 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:59 PM

So... hello anyone ^_^

It's been two years since I started this project posting 'Kopaka TRON', I said I was working on Takanuva but it was never satisfied with it and eventually I scapped it. I was thinking of drawing a new version of it...

Basically the idea was to represent how the Toa Nuva would look like if they entered the world of TRON (I made up a little story in which they have to enter Mata Nui's operative system to 'reboot' him).

And here's the thumbnaaaaaail

lewa_tron.jpg <--- Click me

It's Lewa, flying over the city, maybe fleeing from some enemy :D
I liked the idea of him being able to leave behind light ribbons* from his swords while flying.

*those walls of light left behind by vehicles in TRON, reference.

I hope I'll be able to make more of this, I really like this project. Who knows, maybe I'll manage to make more before 2015...

The background is a thumbnail from the movie, I just made it more green. Lewa was made in pencil and coloured in Photoshop.

*a 1900p wide version is available

So, what do you think? I hope you like it, feel free to leave a comment :)

#2 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,822 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 03:50 PM

Whoa...for starters, the Tron style is pretty amazing. The glowing effect is very well done, and Lewa himself is pretty good as well. The background is pretty well done as well.

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,603 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 04:28 PM

Neat. I think this one is a lot better than the Kopaka one, personally.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#4 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Book Badger

• 879 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 12 2013 - 08:48 PM

Ooh, very cool concept! With the streamlined look, it seems like you've leaned a little bit more on the 'organic' side of things while still keeping Lewa appropriately robotic (or electronic, in this case.)  I particularly like the asymetry you've worked into his design.

#5 Online Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,856 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 08:18 AM

I have to admit that seems pretty awesome.. i mean i like the way you did his air sabers but the way the mask flows is also an elegant touch

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#6 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 373 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 10:02 PM

I think Lewa is an improvement in flow and detail over Kopaka, but he looks really feminine given the tiny waist compared to his shoulders and hips. He has an hourglass figure, practically. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#7 Offline Silverglass

Silverglass
  • Members
  • Toa

• 152 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2013 - 11:48 PM

Good grief, that looks awesome! I couldn't even tell the linework was in pencil until you mentioned it, so great job there. Lighting is always a tricky thing to master, too, but you did very well here. I can't wait to see more Tron-style characters from you! :) 

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien

#8 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,004 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 14 2013 - 05:05 AM

The character works so well with the background, at first glance it's hardly possible to tell that they're that different (movie still/drawn character), so you really did an awesome job at blending them together.

As for Lewa himself, I've always admired your art style, and I still do - he looks absolutely awesome. Love the design, the dynamic pose, everything flows so beautifully...

The monochromatic style creates an atmosphere that is dark, but also gives the whole thing a certain aspect of determination, so I can't bring myself to think that he's fleeing, I think he's rather charging towards the enemy. :)

~

I think Lewa is an improvement in flow and detail over Kopaka, but he looks really feminine given the tiny waist compared to his shoulders and hips. He has an hourglass figure, practically. 

I have to disagree, a classic hourglass figure would include a significantly wider hip structure (I would refer to it as hip bone, but I doubt Toa have them, so yeah xD)

Edited by Taka Nuvia, Dec 14 2013 - 05:05 AM.

18_yaargh.jpg

"And this is why you should always have your plot ready in advance"

#9 Offline Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,776 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2013 - 05:29 PM

I really love the feeling of movement you've managed to create here.  He looks like he's going to come leaping out of the the screen and kick me in the face. XP

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#10 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,971 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2013 - 06:57 PM

Very nice! I always enjoy seeing Bionicle characters portrayed in different styles from other genres or forms of media.

The execution of your idea was done well too, so props on that.

I would not mind seeing the other Mata in this style to be honest. ;)

Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth!"satsukibanner2.gif

BZPRPG Profiles

#11 Offline Zaxvo

Zaxvo
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,324 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2014 - 08:54 PM

I really like it: it's a great idea and done quite well. I think you need to even out the glowing on the thighs, right now only one thigh glows and the other doesn't...

That being said, I really love what you've done here, and it would be great to see more. 

#12 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 388 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2014 - 09:07 PM

For starters... I'm pretty sure I want swords like that.

Really. I could swing them around and make 'zeersh fweoorsh vwoom' noises and pretend to be a Jedi.

...Or say nothing at all, and pretend to be a ninja.

But enough about my dreamworld shenanigans! This art is fantastic. I can't comment on the background due to it being, as you said, a thumbnail, but it really looks like this Lewa fits in there. The coloring is fantastic and the shading is qute amazing - I like how you incorporated the Nuva pauldrons into shoulders that vaguely remind me of Samus Aran, and the nice details of the lower torso adds a very nice touch to the characterization. I did think for a moment that the hips were wide in a way that vaguely reminded me of 'baggy pants' (which is an interesting style in character choices given how many 'tight jeans-ed' protagonists there are), but then I realized it's more of a perspective of his movement and position, and it works quite well. The asymmetrical design of the lights on his body are also quite intriguing.

Overall, I think this is a great piece of artwork. Good job!

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#13 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,663 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2014 - 02:11 PM

This art piece is pretty well made and very appealing, and even capturing the feel of the motion. I really enjoy the color palette you chose for this art piece and the style seems so unique! It would be nice to see more works from you again! :D Nice job!

-Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users