Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Lake Ironshaper- Po-wahi coast- Fowadi

IC: A voice drifted down from where Kale lay.

"Hes not the first hitchhiker we've picked up wandering in the desert. People get lost a lot and end up wandering to the seaside while following the ocean breeze."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:"That point, valid as it may be, is irrelevant. I do not trust the manner and moment he arrived, nor do I trust in his sudden eagerness to help. And even if it was all true, this mission is too vital to be picking up travelers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ferron

Before Ferron could muster a reaction to Krell's statement, his ears were assaulted by a conundrum of noises that felt like a blade of pain splitting his skull, kanohi and all

He staggered back as he desperately tried to cover his ears, his eyes blurred by the sand.

Slowly, the pain subsided, and Ferron could see again. It seemed like Krell and Zuriana had suffered the same unexplainable urge of pain as him.

But Ferron could see something more; a spindly, armed figure with eyes like fire burning through the eyeholes of the rusted Hau he was wielding... rusted like the rest of his armor.

"Wait... rusted armor" Ferron pondered as he threw a glance at Krell, as if to remind himself of what he'd just realized.

"Figures someone would have a score to settle with the kid" Ferron stated.

He turned to look back at the stranger, who he guessed was the cause of the noise from earlier.

"Listen, if you just lay down your weapon now, we won't have to hurt you, but if you as much as breathe in a way I don't like, things are going to get loud. And if you are what I think you are, you won't like that anymore than us"

OOC: So, Wotz, Gravity. We doing this or what?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Actually, it's a south England accent. IC: Clockmaker"As crystal," he said, for the first time without any cheer in his voice. "The situation must be pretty bad on this island if nobody can be trusted." Remembering Ilu, he pointed at the bird, "Still nobody who knows 'ose bird this is?"

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:"Clearly, you are not from around here. Otherwise you would know about the reasons why no one can be trusted. Or perhaps, you must merely be hopelessly naive."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Maioro - Empty Street

Maioro's faint smile widened into a grin, silently chuckling to himself while he shook his head. "No, but I can't say I'd congratulate you either. Not yet, at least." he replied, maintaining his lofty stare and for all the good it did for Araedrex, nothing was to be found in his eyes. They almost seemed lifeless, blank, like those of a man stripped of all that mattered to him except the pain was missing.

Though insightful as Araedrex was, it was evident enough Maioro was not the smiling young man the world saw him as.

"Again, I'm simply curious about why you did it, your reasoning."

"I'm curious as to where you stand in the world."

-IC: Araedrex Tenebras-

"Where do I stand?" Araedrex, his smile slowly shrinking. He answered reasonably faster, though there still was a lapse of silence, moments of observation from both sides. His voice was quiet, subtly disconcerting, alarming through its sheer heartlessness and alien tone. "How does one stand in a raging ocean, a tempest of egotism, self-justification, and puerile greed?" Araedrex Tenebras's mouth was now a straight line of impassivity.

"The world, as far as I am concerned, can go to ####, it's rightful, merited position. Let everyone burn in their own idiocy and pride." His eyes remaining oddly unemphatic, the opposite of what one would expect from a being giving such a speech. "That is where I stand in the world. I stand in the center of its atrophied remnants, at the peak of its hubristic downfall. In the end, I will stand in the middle of its smoking ruins." He paused, his dispassionate countenance staring into the distance, no longer focused on Maioro. He said no more, sinking into a deep, thoughtful silence, his eyes detatched and isolated.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:"Guard or not, he isn't staying here."The De-Toa raised an eyebrow at Naona specifically. "And I would point out that drafting citizens, except with explicit permission of the Turaga, is strictly forbidden. It is voluntary, or not at all."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC:

OOC: Actually, it's a south England accent.

Watch your step, boy. You're in front of the metaphorical dragon's lair here. If there is one player in the BZPRPG who knows about English accents, it's me :sly: And what exactly do you mean by 'south England'? There are many different accents in the southern half of this glorious land, and despite your attempts to sound like you know what you're talking about, the only English accent your Clockmaker's one resembles is the stereotypical working-class London accent which often seems to be the only one Americans know of.

[/rant]

IC (Lohkar)

"Pressgangin' people now, Naona?" Lohkar said slyly. "That's remarkably...piratical of ya."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Tayis

“I’ll go buy a map, and we can get this guy to show us where Six-hand are hiding out,” Tayis said decisively. “In the meantime, you see if he’ll tell us anything else useful.”

Tayis downed his drink in one, and left the bar, putting up his hood as he left. He headed towards the market stall not far down the street, keeping a wary eye out for anything suspicious or an appearance from the assailant who dumped him in the sea the previous day.

He nodded to the vendor when he reached the stand, before flipping through the selection of carefully hand drawn maps on the table. He soon found a fairly featureless map of Po-koro, but it would do for his needs, and they were never going to be able to find a detailed map of the slums. They would have to rely on Valuki’s local knowledge for that.

He dropped the necessary widgets on the table, pocketed the map, and headed back to the bar. Time to make a plan.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Those words were more than enough for Maioro. They rang true in his mind, resonated with the anger he hid deep down inside and painted a much more detailed image of Araedrex's character in his mind. In a sense, both had similar views on life. One sought purpose in life, delusional revenge against the world and the other...well, he wanted to see the it burn because it was so rotten to the core. Or so could be guessed from such a perspective.

No one does it alone however. If Tenebras was to stand in the ashes of the world, so would he if it could be helped. They were both means to an end and it'd be an awful shame to cross paths once more on hostile ground.

While nowhere near as eloquent in his wording, the Toa of earth got straight to the point with a determined statement, not a request.

"I wish to join you."

IC: [Naona]

"It's a similar situation to Dehkaz and Kale, only we're not saving a Turaga," she replied. "Sometimes we just have to hope people are useful, and if they are - that's good enough."

She pulled herself off the crate.

"I suppose we'll be fighting a lot, so if you don't want to, you can get off once we get back to land. And give the badge back."

IC: ClockmakerThe lanky Toa considered the Toa of Stone's suggestions. Fighting was against his nature, but there could always be a way to avoid outright violence. Flanking, dividing, disheartening, trapping. But then there was the fact he'd be operating under someone else's orders. He didn't like taking orders from anyone but himself. "Hmm," he though out loud, "Are there any other places I could 'elp that you know of?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Mayhaka"Ah, well done my friend, well done. He didn't really tell us that much when you were away but that doesn't matter." He placed the map in front of the Matoran "So little one, where exactly are those slavers hiding?" He said to the Matoran. He turned around and spoke: "Has anyone of you got any lightstones or something, since I don't wanna be trapped in the dark without any source of light."

I'm back!

IC: [Ril]

"So these Parakuka things are sorta connected to people yeah? Well if it was on Onewa, then maybe it could have seen through the Turaga's eyes, so we might know who the person who had attempted to kill him was."

IC: Hewkii -- Hewkii's Hut

The Matoran leader mulled over Ril's words. It did sound logical, and it fit with what Hewkii learned about Parakuka.

"It sounds logical," Hewkii said, "The only problem is that I'm not sure exactly where Oreius went. He was traveling with a Matoran of Plasma and a Matoran of Ice, and they flew away on Kewa, heading south..."

Hewkii wasn't sure how much detail he should give to this Toa, or anyone for that matter. If was Stannis said was true, then he and the others -- including Oreius -- were Toa now. The transformation could have killed the Parakuka for all the Po-Matoran knew.

"I'm not sure if we'll be able to find Oreius," Hewkii said frankly to Ril, "His group didn't tell me exactly where they were headed. Is there something you'd like to happen?"

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: ClockmakerManual labor, eh? Well, he did want to help. Flipping open his wallet and unpinning the badge, he held it out to the Po-Toa, "Right, so the village of ice. I'll get directions there once I find a town."OOC: Note, he knew it was a village of ice based on the Matoran language. Just to avoid confusion.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Mayhaka

"I, I am to handsome to blend in with those shady creatures, I prefer going there, smash that hideout, and leave! What does it matter if we attract too much attention, we're heroes we're supposed to be in the attention." He drank the reamains of his drink and went towards the exit, "I've been lazing around for too long, I need some more action, let us go."

I'm back!

IC Mayhaka

"Of caurse it is," he said ", but while we're doing that, gaining a bit attention is not bad. Ok you scout if there's something wrong, just levitate a rock or something and we are coming to help, I'll start making a new vehicle in the meantime, is something drill-like ok?"

I'm back!

IC: Tayis

"I'll go up on the roofs, to get a better look," Tayis said. "This job is made for me, slum roofs aren't particularly good for the likes of you heavies."

He used his elemental power to jump two metres in the air, then fall unnaturally slowly to prove his point.

Tayis stepped out the door, then turned suddenly invisible. He reappeared back in the bar, away from the door.

"My large friend is in the street, and heading towards this bar. I think he may have seen me?"

IC: Bakotann

Apparently the Toa who had accosted him the previous day was back in Po-Wahi. Bakotann hadn't wanted to believe this, his technique of leaving his unconscious enemies in the sea had worked for him on previous occasions, but as he approached the bar, he realised it was the same Toa, stupid hood and all, quickly vanishing. Not before he had seen the cloak disappear back in the door of the bar though.

Bakotann elbowed pedestrians out of his way, and when he reached the bar, he hunched over to get through the door.

"Hello again!" he yelled delightedly, and charged towards the Toa of Gravity.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

-IC: Araedrex Tenebras-

"Join me?" Araedrex asked, stretching the words out until they were half-question, half reflective repetition. His was voice uncharacteristically apathetic, positively dripping with ennui, to the point that it seemed he found the very notion ridiculous, bothersome to even hear said aloud. "Do you imagine I am waiting for another being to collaborate with me, before embarking on a crusade of unbiased destruction?" Araedrex's eyes slowly, imperturbably moved to stare at Maioro once more. "If I was pursuing such a ridiculous plot, do you believe that I wouldn't be simply murdering everyone in my vicinity? Do you assume that I wouldn't be turning this City of Stone into a City of Magma?" He said nothing for a matter of moments. Stepping back slightly, he leaned against a light-stone pole, closing his eyes, as if preparing to sleep, his relaxed posture that of infuriating, contradicting indifference. "So, tell me; what do you expect from such a comradely request?"

pNNgXax.jpg

Araedrex's rebuke was slightly unnerving though it made Maioro chastise himself for such a hasty choice of words. He decided to ignore the questions thrown at him, not quite fond of being spoken to again as if he was a child. If anything of interest was to happen, the cards had to be played right and currently there was too little to go on. It still didn't change the fact that he felt as nothing good was going to come out of this any more, apart from satisfying his curiosity.

"Then what do you seek? What purpose do you serve?"