Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Madrihk fled during the attack on and destruction of Pala-Koro and has not been seen since. I don't know about Voriki.

My personal thought on Madrihk is that he is playing with rocks and seashells by the coast at the Le/Ko-Wahi border. Occasionally he draws a caricature of Heauni and other villains in the sand, adds some childish details to make them look bad, then he stabs the drawing with his pointy finger before starting over again. Occasionally he throws a pebble at the drawing afterwards. Sometimes he just draws the head very close to the water so that the waves wash it out.He likes imagining their wet gurgles. :)

If the leader is bad, then he poisons the entire group by association. Your point stands.

Moving on...

Can anyone explain to me why Oreius can access his elemental powers. Is this a special power, or can a character access his elemental power with his parakuka deactivated?

I want to add that this isn't jealousy, I'm trying to establish the limits of Parakuka power.

-Elrond

Edited by Elrond of Rivendell

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

If the leader is bad, then he poisons the entire group by association. Your point stands.

Moving on...

Can anyone explain to me why Oreius can access his elemental powers. Is this a special power, or can a character access his elemental power with his parakuka deactivated?

-Elrond

Dark magic. The sorcerous ways of Toa that defy the gods' will.

I think it's because in this game, a Mata level toa, which Orieus is, produces a much greater amount of EE than, say, Mahri, Hagah, or Mangai level toa. Orieus's body simply produces too much EE for Inu to absorb. It all, leaving him with a (semi-depleted?) resevoir of elemental energy.As for the mask, no idea.

The mask is already explained in the description. It over-rides any parakuka break in concentrations.

However, Nuju's original post for the parakuka, as well as his answers in previous posts afterward, seem to say that elemental control is gone as soon as the parakuka bonds itself to its host. But I was wondering if he changed something in later posts that I missed.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Only Oreius is capable of using his element and mask, despite having a Parakuka. Perks of being a Chosen Toa. There's a description Nuju gave when a few of us inquired about it over Skype, but what it boils down to is that only he can do it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with "he was transformed with the Parakuka on, so Inu got some of the benefits of Toa Power too." Basically, the same reason that Inu can now hijack Oreius's body in an emergency, and that the two can communicate much more instinctively than before....So yeah, Dark magic. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I want to add that this isn't jealousy, I'm trying to establish the limits of Parakuka power.

You've all given some excellent answers, but the real reason for Oreius' miraculous power is this: Oreius and Inu underwent a transformation together. Oreius' becoming a Toa with Inu attached made the two separate beings become one.

In a word, fusion.

The two are fused into one being. Because they are so closely linked, and Inu's thoughts are practically Oreius' thoughts, Oreius still has the focus necessary to use Kanohi masks and elemental powers. Upon activation, however, the two experience a loss of finer control, and thus they trade mask and elemental powers for enhanced strength and speed.

Oreius' and Inu's situation is hardly one that can't be replicated. If any Matoran with a Parakuka were to transform into a Toa, I would expect the same thing would happen, although Oreius and Inu would still be more powerful, due to the effects of the Essence Stone as opposed to a regular Toa Stone. :)

Say... Ghosthands...

Echelon wouldn't happen to be retreating to the Makuta Shrine in Ko-Wahi by chance, is he?

Nope. He's going to his secret underground lab built into a glacier :3

Ghostie ain't no admin, son. I'm pretty sure that he has the time to read'em.

E-rectin' a dispenser.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Other than the Turaga being assassinated?If so, sorry. I'm not exactly savy on current events.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location