• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Still Alive...

Featured GLaDOS Portal Chell Wheatley

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 09:00 AM

glados_preview.jpg

"And believe me, I am still alive..."

I adore the Portal games. I was very disappointed to see the Thinking With Portals CUUSOO project shot down at review stage, so, denied official Lego Portal sets, I made my own.

The most difficult and rewarding part of this project was, of course, GLaDOS. I spent several hours over my Easter break trying to get the build right. I've seen a lot of GLaDOS MOCs, and they're all excellent, but they tend to take a certain amount of artistic license. I've tried to be as faithful as possible to her in-game appearance (her rebuilt appearance in Portal 2, that is).

I've put a lot of time and effort into this MOC, and I hope it shows. Comments, questions and constructive criticism are all welcome!

(See the Flickr descriptions for extra info and commentaries)

GLaDOS:

Main

Front Right

Front Left

Back Right

Back Left

Bottom

Frame

Head

Body

Cables

Minifigs:

Chell (alternate)

Wheatley

Space Core

Misc:

"Oh. It's YOU."

The 'Family'

The Escape

The Cake

Core Transfer Complete

Edited by Ghosthands, Jul 02 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#2 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2014 - 08:12 PM

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

Oh, good.  My slow clap processor made it into this thing.  So we have that.

Federal regulations require me to inform you that this MOC is looking pretty good​.  

Aaaanyways, GH, you've outdone yourself this time.  I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.  I'm GLaD to see more imp0rtant creations be posted here.  I wish I had as much of an open VALVe of creativity as you do when it comes to MOCing.  Life gave you some awesome lemons, that's all I gotta say.  I'm sure the other Gabe that we all know about would be proud. 

Joking aside, you've done a faithful recreation of 4 of my favorite characters in video games.  Your custom decals are very clean and spatially organized in a manner that is both pleasing to the eye and fitting with the theme, if you think about it.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Edited by BULiK, May 30 2014 - 08:30 AM.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#3 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 04:25 AM

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

Oh, good.  My slow clap processor made it into this thing.  So we have that.

Federal regulations require me to inform you that this MOC is looking pretty good​.  

Aaaanyways, GH, you've outdone yourself this time.  I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.  I'm GLaD to see more imp0rtant creations be posted here.  I wish I had as much of an open VALVe of creativity as you do when it comes to MOCing.  Life gave you some awesome lemons, that's all I gotta say.  I'm sure the other Gabe that we all know about would be proud. 

Joking aside, you've done a faithful recreation of 4 of my favorite characters in video games.  Your custom decals are very clean and spatially organized in a manner that is both pleasing to the eye and fitting with the theme, if you think about it.  I can't wait to see what you 

Thanks very much, Bulik me ol' matey. A big hand for this, man, everyone - he's the guy who sold me the Portal games for cheap, so without him, this MOC would not be here today! XD

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#4 Offline Pokemon Trainer N

Pokemon Trainer N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,546 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have already commented on this on Skype, but I felt like opening my opinions up here:
The GLaDOS is awesome. There are some proportionality problems which I previously brought up, but it's so slight that I doubt you could make a difference with LEGO pieces. It is probably the best GLaDOS MOC I have seen thus far.

The core, though, definitely has the best design. While there is perhaps a little too much white and empty space, you captured the overall shape far better than anyone else has, and the stickers are really nice. And the Space Core's presence makes me very happy. :)

but yeah overall this is really great and a brilliant representation of the characters, and as such i tip my hat to you

(would be awesome if you created a Portal Chell and a few other cores, but seeing as you have on the whole drawn this from Portal 2 and gotten in all the main characters and the Space Core, that's kind of justified and it is still awesome and I applaud you)

- Indigo Individual

Someday, you're going to need help. Someday, you're going to turn to me, because there's no one else left. And when you do, I will say 'no'. I will look you dead in the eyes and I will say no, because you let her die, David. 

marked.png

"There's a new world on the way."

Marked: Chapter 12 Coming Soon

Review Topic

slothy slothy slothpants

bzprpg 2013 y'all

#5 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 12:11 PM

I have already commented on this on Skype, but I felt like opening my opinions up here:
The GLaDOS is awesome. There are some proportionality problems which I previously brought up, but it's so slight that I doubt you could make a difference with LEGO pieces. It is probably the best GLaDOS MOC I have seen thus far.

The core, though, definitely has the best design. While there is perhaps a little too much white and empty space, you captured the overall shape far better than anyone else has, and the stickers are really nice. And the Space Core's presence makes me very happy. :)

but yeah overall this is really great and a brilliant representation of the characters, and as such i tip my hat to you

(would be awesome if you created a Portal Chell and a few other cores, but seeing as you have on the whole drawn this from Portal 2 and gotten in all the main characters and the Space Core, that's kind of justified and it is still awesome and I applaud you)

- Indigo Individual

I thank you once again ^^

And fear not - I shall return to the Portal games in my odyssey of video-game-minifig-customisation. I intend to make all the characters you've mentioned, and more. ATLAS and P-Body, for example, are high on the list. As for who else...well, let's just say I've been trying to decide on the best piece to represent a lemon ;)

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#6 Online Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,740 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 02:18 PM

While I have never played Portal, you've done some nice work here! I like how you managed to use pieces to hang GLaDOS onto a System-made ceiling. I also like what you did with Chell there! And the cake was a nice touch.

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#7 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 02:30 PM

While I have never played Portal, you've done some nice work here! I like how you managed to use pieces to hang GLaDOS onto a System-made ceiling. I also like what you did with Chell there! And the cake was a nice touch.

Yeah, I had to find a way to make her free-standing, so I went for something simplistic that wouldn't distract from the model itself, while still evoking the architecture of the location she inhabits.

I'd highly recommend that you play the games if you get the chance. They're fantastic.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#8 Online Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members

• 1,740 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I had to find a way to make her free-standing, so I went for something simplistic that wouldn't distract from the model itself, while still evoking the architecture of the location she inhabits.

I'd highly recommend that you play the games if you get the chance. They're fantastic.

It complements the model nicely!

I'll have to sometime, but I lack the greens necessary to get them! :D

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

spc_logo.png

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

#9 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 05:15 PM

Ah yes, of course. Same for me, really - I only tend to get things in Humble Bundles these days. Mind you, there's a Steam sale coming up soon...

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#10 Online Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members

• 1,740 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:04 PM

Ah yes, of course. Same for me, really - I only tend to get things in Humble Bundles these days. Mind you, there's a Steam sale coming up soon...

Ah, I don't have a Steam account. Besides, I'm saving up my greens for something else at the moment.

spc_logo.png

#11 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 08:03 AM

Ah, I don't have a Steam account. Besides, I'm saving up my greens for something else at the moment.

Ah, too bad. Still, glad you like the MOC!

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#12 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,218 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 12:49 PM

It is incredible how you got this GLADoS so accurate! The head is probably my favorite part, because everything meshes together perfectly!

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#13 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2014 - 12:58 PM

It is incredible how you got this GLADoS so accurate! The head is probably my favorite part, because everything meshes together perfectly!

Thanks very much! That's exactly what I was going for - accuracy to the source material. And yeah, I was very happy with the head :). LDD was less happy...:P

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#14 Offline ghidora131

ghidora131
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2014 - 02:53 PM

Oh, bravo! I do appreciate how you made this.

I love the Portal games so very much, and seeing them so very nicely crafted into LEGO is wonderful.

Congratulations again, you dangerous, mute, lunatic. :P

So you know what? you win! Just go make more!

Edited by ghidora131, Jun 03 2014 - 02:54 PM.

https:/404.error..jpg/2--341562#//Ghidora131/connect.hdi.jlk/

Hashtag/trollface1.7//dominationworld.//systemerror.//.jpg

#15 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2014 - 03:45 AM

Oh, bravo! I do appreciate how you made this.

I love the Portal games so very much, and seeing them so very nicely crafted into LEGO is wonderful.

Congratulations again, you dangerous, mute, lunatic. :P

So you know what? you win! Just go make more!

Thanks! XD

Yep, the plan is to make more, though I may not be able to do so for a while. My University term is ending in a couple of weeks, and then I'm going home. The good news is that home is where the Lego is. The bad news is that University is where the good-quality printer is! I'll probably build a few things over the summer and design some decals, but I probably won't be able to put up anything new until September/October.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#16 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,921 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 08:06 AM

I would pay many quids to have this as a set.

#17 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,185 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 02:29 PM

Excellent! And it's even got custom decals too - I praise your attention to detail here!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#18 Offline Torran

Torran
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 619 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2014 - 08:44 PM

Definitely worth the front page. A fantastic model from a great game. I like your addition of the Aperture logo, as small as it is (even on the real GLaDOS) it's nice to see you didn't neglect it. Your decals make up for details that would be difficult to build at this scale (such as the red highlights). Probably one of the most accurate representations I've seen, despite a few minor details (for example, using yellow rather than orange (does LEGO even have orange tubes?); but the idea behind that is obvious and fits well in this model).

Now all you need are some video screens and a couple extra cores and you'll have the end battle for the first game, too!

tumafest.jpg

#19 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2014 - 04:58 AM

I would pay many quids to have this as a set.

Excellent! And it's even got custom decals too - I praise your attention to detail here!

Thanks!

Definitely worth the front page. A fantastic model from a great game. I like your addition of the Aperture logo, as small as it is (even on the real GLaDOS) it's nice to see you didn't neglect it. Your decals make up for details that would be difficult to build at this scale (such as the red highlights). Probably one of the most accurate representations I've seen, despite a few minor details (for example, using yellow rather than orange (does LEGO even have orange tubes?); but the idea behind that is obvious and fits well in this model).

Now all you need are some video screens and a couple extra cores and you'll have the end battle for the first game, too!

Thanks very much for the feedback! Yeah, I'd have needed keetorange tubes to get the colour just right. Don't know if Lego make them in the right length in that colour, but the Bricklink stores I frequent certainly didn't, so I made do with yellow.

Hehe, not a bad idea. I do intend to make the rest of the cores some time, at least. Although, GLaDOS did look rather different in the first game...maybe I should take some artistic license and try to make her look as she would if Valve re-made Portal to fit better with its sequel  ;)

Edited by Ghosthands, Jul 02 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#20 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 452 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2014 - 02:58 PM

Excellent MOC! Brilliant attention to detail.

One problem, tho: the "Back Left" link goes to a Posting New Topic page for some reason.

Morally unambiguous.

#21 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,815 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 02 2014 - 05:17 PM

Excellent MOC! Brilliant attention to detail.

One problem, tho: the "Back Left" link goes to a Posting New Topic page for some reason.

Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up :)

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users