Official New Set Sightings Thread

emily

So, who's looking forward to the summer wave?

Me! Myself! I!

Seriously though I'm contemplating trying to convince a store to let me preörder some of them. I seriously think they're all awesome, G2s story could do with a lot of work IMO, & it's early yet, & Wave 2 could bring plenty, & even if it doesn't I utterly adore the sets; although specific thoughts are always liable to change upon having physically acquired something & 'late' discoveries etc;

I honestly suspect I'm going to be buying doubles of them all (already getting duplicates of Wave 1; it's only been a month [almost] for me!)

I'm not sure which one I like the most anymore... I like Skull Grinder the least out of the Skull Villains, but still looks to be a great set to me.

I'm also super excited for the summer sets. ^_^ I can't wait for them! I will also get all of the sets. I'm planning on purchasing at least one of each set of the second Generation. :) So, which is your favorite of the winter wave?

• Upvote 1

~Daler

I'm planning to get all of 'em too! I can't wait to see how they'll look up close.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Dang all this talk about people not being able to find sets makes me feel so lucky to have a local Lego Store.  Are there not many Lego store fronts?

There are a decent number of Lego stores (with more opening every year), but they're not nearly as plentiful as retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, or Toys R Us. In the United States alone, there are numerous states without a single Lego store; outside the U.S., there are entire COUNTRIES where Lego's physical presence is negligible. Those kinds of areas rely on local retailers and distributors for Lego products, and have no physical locations dedicated solely to the Lego brand.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Dang all this talk about people not being able to find sets makes me feel so lucky to have a local Lego Store. Are there not many Lego store fronts?

There are a decent number of Lego stores (with more opening every year), but they're not nearly as plentiful as retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, or Toys R Us. In the United States alone, there are numerous states without a single Lego store; outside the U.S., there are entire COUNTRIES where Lego's physical presence is negligible. Those kinds of areas rely on local retailers and distributors for Lego products, and have no physical locations dedicated solely to the Lego brand.

I've since researched the stores located in the USA and I see they are pretty rare. I guess I just assumed that if there's one I'm connectocut, then they must be all over. I forget I come from s very affluent area though and that probably has a lot to do with the fact that theres one at the local mall. Lego stores rule.

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this counts as a thread revival, and sorry also for my impatience, but by any chance have this semester's sets been released anywhere in Australia yet?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Sorry if this counts as a thread revival, and sorry also for my impatience, but by any chance have this semester's sets been released anywhere in Australia yet?

I haven't seen any of the new Bionicle sets, but I did see a few of the new Ninjago sets at my local Big W. It shouldn't be long now and they'll be here.

I've contacted a shipping company and confirmed that Toys R Us stores in Southern California are receiving the shipment and stocking the shelves this saturday. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The Mastermind Toys outlet in Waterloo, Ontario, has three of the new summer sets in stock!  The sets in question are Skull Warrior, Skull Slicer, and Skull Basher - exactly the sets needed to build one of the combiner models.  Mastermind is selling them for $17.99 (CAD) each, which is a bit of a markup, but I purchased Skull Warrior nevertheless - it's still the cheapest and timeliest option for me.  If anyone lives in or near southern/eastern Ontario, check your local Mastermind Toys!

Is there any way to directly call the toy department at target and ask? I'm afraid ill call the customer service desk and they wont know what I'm talking about

For Target, there's an even easier option: you can look up specific inventory at specific stores with DCPI codes, using this site.

Skull Warrior: 204-00-1101

Skull Scorpio: 204-00-1507

Skull Grinder: 204-00-1118

Skull Basher: 204-00-0178

Skull Slicer: 204-00-0172

That doesn't work, or at least is very unreliable. It said three targets near me had skull basher on the shelves but after going to all three none of them did. One had some skull scorpios but that was it.

Did you ask an employee to check in the back? It's entirely possible that they had them but they just hadn't been shelved yet.

Any sightings in the Midwest?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I called a Toys R Us once to ask if they had the new Bionicle summer wave and what happened was they transferd me to some dude in the back and then he told me that i should youst go there thing is that Toys R Us is 2 hours from my home.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Any sightings in the Midwest?

Target stores in Saint Louis have them, aren't shelving them for about a week though. My local TRU doesn't have the sets in stock either. I assume within the coming days they'll be out, and if you're near a Lego store they should have them out on the 1st.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

TRU in West Valley, UT. has Mask Maker Vs. Skull Grinder and Skull Warrior.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Is there any other way of figuring out whether or not a Lego store has something in stock without calling them? I'm terrible at phone conversations with anxiety and all that and I'm fairly certain Lego's website doesn't say.

I'd drive out there but it's a while away and I'd rather make the trip once rather than twice.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

So if a toys r us displays that in store pickup is available for a store does that mean its basically guaranteed i'll get one today if I order it online and go there even if the street date is in three says? Have there been any instances of people requesting an in store pickup and being denied?

YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

WAY TO FIND OUT IF TOYS R US HAS THE THINGS:

1. Find product on website.

2. Click "find store availability" or something like that.

3. Type in zip code.

4. BASK IN THE GLORY THAT EMITS FROM YOUR LOCAL TRU CUZ THEY HAVE SKULL GANG SETS YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Apparently some Lego stores are offering a freebie alongside orders/purchases of $75 or more starting August 1st. It's a little pirate set, but if anyone is waiting until the first to pick up some of the sets from a Lego store that might be an incentive to do so.

• Upvote 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg