Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I'm now tempted to make a Zaktan-style character with the ability to transform into a swarm of stinging insects...

Do it.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Out of curiosity, if Feraz finds the Host, what are the odds he'll be allowed to connect FIDAT to the system?

What kind of restrictions would have to be placed on an adaptation power for a Mech to be granted approval?

I think both of these questions got buries.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Well, when seeking answers, I find it useful to look back at what has been said before. Namely, previous answers and approved profiles.

What kind of restrictions would have to be placed on an adaptation power for a Mech to be granted approval?

For this, you can look at the approved profile for a Rahkshi of Adaptation:

Name: Venga

Species: Rahkshi

Power/Weapon 1: Seventh level Adaption. Can instantly perform “evolutions” of physical form or mental state to cope with environment or enemies. These adaptions must be reactionary, he cannot simply decide, for example, to become completely heat resistant. He has to encounter someone using heat-based attacks, or become placed in a high-temperature environment. His adaptions also do not allow for any major shapeshifting. If fighting someone fourteen feet tall he could not “adapt” into being the same height. His power only covers lesser acts of change, such as growing gills to cope with being underwater or thicker armour to cope with stronger punches. These adaptions can also stack upon each other, so if fighting a wielder of lightning whilst in a polar landscape he could become insulated to both the electricity and the cold. Throw more hazards at him and he’ll simply adapt more to cope with them. He has some level of control over the changes, so if facing a Ta-Toa and Ko-Toa he could force himself to become resistant to temperature extremes rather than constantly have to switch between fire and ice resistance

Out of curiosity, if Feraz finds the Host, what are the odds he'll be allowed to connect FIDAT to the system?

For this one, I would refer to Tex's note on his approval:

Ferez approved. Just keep in mind that hacking into the facility systems will almost certainly end poorly... for you.

And also to my own experience with Arkrax attempting to hack the facility. Basically, to prevent metagaming or other unfair advantages, the facility has extremely powerful plot firewalls in place that even a Halkenverse Xian hacker couldn't get through (considering the hosts had to know who they were bringing in). So, even if you do get in, there won't be much to gain.

Well, when seeking answers, I find it useful to look back at what has been said before. Namely, previous answers and approved profiles.

For this, you can look at the approved profile for a Rahkshi of Adaptation:

Name: Venga

Species: Rahkshi

Power/Weapon 1: Seventh level Adaption. Can instantly perform “evolutions” of physical form or mental state to cope with environment or enemies. These adaptions must be reactionary, he cannot simply decide, for example, to become completely heat resistant. He has to encounter someone using heat-based attacks, or become placed in a high-temperature environment. His adaptions also do not allow for any major shapeshifting. If fighting someone fourteen feet tall he could not “adapt” into being the same height. His power only covers lesser acts of change, such as growing gills to cope with being underwater or thicker armour to cope with stronger punches. These adaptions can also stack upon each other, so if fighting a wielder of lightning whilst in a polar landscape he could become insulated to both the electricity and the cold. Throw more hazards at him and he’ll simply adapt more to cope with them. He has some level of control over the changes, so if facing a Ta-Toa and Ko-Toa he could force himself to become resistant to temperature extremes rather than constantly have to switch between fire and ice resistance

For this one, I would refer to Tex's note on his approval:

Ferez approved. Just keep in mind that hacking into the facility systems will almost certainly end poorly... for you.

And also to my own experience with Arkrax attempting to hack the facility. Basically, to prevent metagaming or other unfair advantages, the facility has extremely powerful plot firewalls in place that even a Halkenverse Xian hacker couldn't get through (considering the hosts had to know who they were bringing in). So, even if you do get in, there won't be much to gain.

I saw Venga's thing, and that answers most of my questions. In terms of the second one, I didn't want him to try to hack it. He just hates the facility UI and wants to browse the fighter-accessible database through FIDAT. Which seems kinda silly now that I look at it, but it's totally something Feraz would do.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

The looming shadow that is the threat of a staff smiting?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't think that the characters were even told that they are not allowed to leave their areas until a certain amount of time has passed.. Until I get an actual answer there is a pretty large plot hole about why nobody tries a blitzkrieg.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Does Maeus still have those lethargy beams trained on fishers? If he does, there's no way that Matoran is getting up until they are turned off.

(And pain is unlikely to awaken her, because pain is why she's out in the first place.)

He stopped that awhile ago.

@silvan: what Nato said. But please, feel free to leave your area before it is time. I am sure that the Host would enjoy it immensely.

E: pretty sure it was stated ic. If not, I apologize for missing that detail amongst the multitude of other times we explained it to you all OOC.

E2: I really really hate mobile

Edited by Lucina

The amount of stuff that was actually told to the characters IC is a lot more slim than you would think.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Wait... I got something right? Yay!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@silvan: what Nato said. But please, feel free to leave your area before it is time. I am sure that the Host would enjoy it immensely.

As if Royal Blindside doesn't have enough problems already...

Xara hasn't even met Tuyetkhamun. And she only knows Kalatin as "that weird blob that was following me around that one time".

Sooooo, nobody is allowed to leave their area before the time limit is up. However nobody was told either that rule or when the time limit was going to be and the only way to even find out that you can't leave is by trying and being punished?

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I believe some of the teams have characters who have been designated as cannon fodder. Now may be a good time to make use of them...

Am I missing a joke or reference here, or do you all have some kind of bee phobia?

Am I missing a joke or reference here, or do you all have some kind of bee phobia?

Several references and internet memes.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Several references and internet memes.

Okay, thanks for clearimg that up.

I was starting to worry....

Does Maeus still have those lethargy beams trained on fishers? If he does, there's no way that Matoran is getting up until they are turned off.

(And pain is unlikely to awaken her, because pain is why she's out in the first place.)

He stopped that awhile ago.

E: pretty sure it was stated ic. If not, I apologize for missing that detail amongst the multitude of other times we explained it to you all OOC.

E2: I really really hate mobile

Using knowledge gained OOC for IC play is called metagaming.

...but close to it

If that's the case, why does each team have an entire Skype chat for planning and strategising?

I think, considering the huge logistical nightmare that the War Games represents, a bit of OOC input is required.

That said, not making any IC mention of the movement restrictions is kind of a big oversight...

If that's the case, why does each team have an entire Skype chat for planning and strategising?

I think, considering the huge logistical nightmare that the War Games represents, a bit of OOC input is required.

That said, not making any IC mention of the movement restrictions is kind of a big oversight...

Because the people in those skype chats are in effect just planning out what their characters are going to plan ahead of time. Also it is assumed that they are not using the information gathered from reading the part of posts with enemy PCs in them.

Or what they learned in other skype chats. That would be baaaaaad.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hmmm.

I thought I was going to get much more use out of Ravyn than Tarsus or Amorigiahna this round. Now it appears that the exact opposite will be happening.

Funny how that worked out.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah, you probably played the "murder Dayeth!" card a little too early.

I was expecting him to bide his time, like he did when he was spying on her in the commercial sector.

Eh, whatever. No big deal.

At least he's not as likely to be the first one to bite it this round, so I guess that's a plus.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Plot twist: the desert is full of Sand Tarakavas that only attack combatants who are on their own...

Plot Twist #2: Ravyn barricades himself inside of his new hideout and grows himself a beard of Iron filaments before making a Kolhi ball, etching a face on it, and calling it Natharius, thus becoming the coolest (if not the funniest) character ever to grace Team Blindside's roster.

Then the Sand Tarakavas eat Natharius, so he goes on the warpath and kills everyone in a fit of pure rage.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The snark... It's too much... I concede.

Snark? What snark?

It's not like he'll be doing much of anything else during the round, so I might as well have some fun with his isolation...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'll check my Skype as soon as I can.

I'm not online cuz I'm in school half the time.

And also my AP next thursday...

EDIT: BEFORE I left, I checked my skype. Hi Tirigath!

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

There will be an IC timeskip for those in the War Games tomorrow. I can't really tell you when since I have a variety of IRL obligations tomorrow, but I should theoretically be able to get online and announce it. 

The objective of this timeskip is to get us straight into the fighting; any plans that you have come up with OOC in your army chats can be assumed to have taken place IC at that time.