Future Set Designs

Zippo

but the whole scythe thing is a little done to death.

I am going to take this a a pun.

3: At least one enemy should use nothing BUT translucent pieces.

and as interesting as this would be, i cannot help but think about how the trans-colors would clash, what with the light filtering through all of them at once with no solid bone or shell to contrast. :0

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

and as interesting as this would be, i cannot help but think about how the trans-colors would clash, what with the light filtering through all of them at once with no solid bone or shell to contrast. :0

I actually didn't intend that as a pun, but that's kinda funny. As for the trans-pieces, yeah, you need some solids for contrasts.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

(can't quote while using Surface) Infamousevil, what about instead of a cannon, a gatling gun? Like, a modified stud shooter, maybe with two rotating barrels, with a total of 12 shots? That'd be pretty dang cool.

Ohh I like that!

I actually didn't intend that as a pun, but that's kinda funny. As for the trans-pieces, yeah, you need some solids for contrasts.

Ok yeah you have a point there.

I wonder how LEGO would do a whip sword.

• Upvote 1

The surprise was vampires!

What specific things would you like to see in future sets?

-More eye colors. You don't even have to stick with the original 6 from G1 (RBYODrkGLitG). With the new trans-colored bone pieces, this is a chance to introduce some new colors (Purple eyes, anyone?)

-Keep to a certain "theme" with each element. I'm really digging how each Toa/Protector has their own thing going on (Stone looks like desert survivors, earth looks wide and bulky, etc), and I'd like to see them continue that

-Less silver/gold/gunmetal gray. I think what made the original 2001 sets so appealing was how colorful they were. If they have to keep those metallic colors, however, I'd like if they were only in the weapons

-MASK PACKS MASK PACKS MASK PACKS. Please, Lego, even if it's for one year only, mask packs would make a lot of Bionicle fans old and new happy. It wouldn't be that hard to incorporate them into the story, either (Since this run has not one, but two mask makers).

I... NEED... MASK PACKS!!!!!! I NEED VARIETY, I WANT RECOLORS, NEW MODELS, NEW MODEL COLORS!!! JUST VARIETY!!!!!

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

PLAYSETS.

Or at least Minifigures. The mini-hero designs from last year's Invasion from Below sets were fantastic, and with only a bit of modification (new masks, and maybe new torso armor), they'd work just as perfectly for the new Toa. My two biggest regrets about the classic playsets were that the figs were substandard and their timeframe meant that we didn't even get figures of the most iconic Toa. I would love for the new Bionicle to rectify that, and give me Toa that I could slip into any sort of MOC or display.

Unfortunately, the classic playsets were never all that successful, so I don't know if there's any chance that that idea would be revisited. So I have to wonder if there's any other way that figs could be produced. Maybe the new Lego Dimensions is the answer, with a Bionicle character pack that could use mini-Toa to represent the larger heroes when scanned into the game.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 1 month later...

I wonder what 'Nuva' versions of the new Toa masks would look like?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I wonder what 'Nuva' versions of the new Toa masks would look like?

Oh, that's very simple to imagine - stretch them to disproportionate... proportions... and add lots of veins to them.

Masks? Who cares? Show us the new armor molds! lol :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

PLAYSETS.

Or at least Minifigures. The mini-hero designs from last year's Invasion from Below sets were fantastic, and with only a bit of modification (new masks, and maybe new torso armor), they'd work just as perfectly for the new Toa. My two biggest regrets about the classic playsets were that the figs were substandard and their timeframe meant that we didn't even get figures of the most iconic Toa. I would love for the new Bionicle to rectify that, and give me Toa that I could slip into any sort of MOC or display.

Unfortunately, the classic playsets were never all that successful, so I don't know if there's any chance that that idea would be revisited. So I have to wonder if there's any other way that figs could be produced. Maybe the new Lego Dimensions is the answer, with a Bionicle character pack that could use mini-Toa to represent the larger heroes when scanned into the game.

I couldn't agree more. But not an entire year of Playsets, just a few. I had a strange love for the 2005 Playsets, but I couldn't afford the Battle of Metru Nui. I would love to see a return of these, but we don't have many landmarks on Okoto. My guess is they would do the Temple of Time first, and then, if they don't introduce places, the villages. but there will probably be more time for story and setting work for landmarks.

Hey how about they reintroduce Takanuva but this time his element is time and he wears the mask of time, and maybe he has a vehicle similar to before that he uses to travel through well time.

P.S Sorry if this violates the topic revival rules.

Nah, I kinda like Takanuva as a Toa of Light. But if that's your thoughts, okay. But I think Ekimmu would more than likely be a Toa of Time, if Villagers become Toa.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

I see theyre able to mix colors for masks, I'd like the same to be done for eyestalks, hetero chromia.

Bring back some Gen 1 characters. Id love to have Tomaru back ♥

Gay or flamboyant characters or villains

Mainly just try to break the mold outside of normal expectations

I'd personally prefer it if relationships in general were kept out of the series, it's not that I have anything against gays it's just that I would prefer if the characters just weren't straight or gay and that romance just isn't brought up. 

Also if ninjago is an indicator then I don't think Tahu will become toa of time (assuming there will be one). 

Edited by masterchirox580
  • Upvote 3

It's time to move on.

Wat... I mean, not that I'm against that or anything but... wat.

No offense, but this is still a children's toyline... I don't exactly believe that's a practical decision... no offense. :P

Edited by Forgeta

|

I'm hoping for some bionicle titans as well as a Makuta figure.  And more Bohrok aaanndd....    MORE MASKS!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

I see theyre able to mix colors for masks, I'd like the same to be done for eyestalks, hetero chromia.

I'd personally prefer it if relationships in general were kept out of the series, it's not that I have anything against gays it's just that I would prefer if the characters just weren't straight or gay and that romance just isn't brought up. 

Also if ninjago is an indicator then I don't think Tahu will become toa of time (assuming there will be one). 

Uh...Not gay. Flamboyant has happened (Example-Sidorak), but seriously, this is a children's(I use that term kinda loosely) toy line. Why would there have to be homosexuals?

Avatar did this. I don't want Bionicle to. It isn't right.

Edited by Vokaru Mistika
  • Upvote 2

Yes, let's put adult sexual themes in a children's toy line for ages 6-14. Let's not.

• Upvote 4

Uh...Not gay. Flamboyant has happened (Example-Sidorak), but seriously, this is a children's(I use that term kinda loosely) toy line. Why would there have to be homosexuals?

Well it's probably for political reasons, likely for representation, whilst I'm not against the idea of gay characters in children's media (and would support it) I just don't think bionicle is the right line for it as romance has never really been a thing (except maybe the odd hint here and there). 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Being gay is no more inherently "adult" or "sexual" than being straight. Either way, though, I think the love-doesn't-exist 'rule' is a bit of a hurdle to showing that, aside from resorting to stereotypes. I suppose there are ways it could be done but they may not fit the way the story is presented right now.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

Ok, let me be clear on this subject.

I don't mind gays, nor there being a toyline that takes gays into consideration and makes them a part of the toyline.

But Bionicle...? I just don't see that working out. I don't mind the occasional flirting and all, but actually having a full on relationship between two characters wouldn't make it Bionicle anymore. Remember, they're partially (or fully, tbd) machines, and machines can't really feel love, so it'd be pretty awkward to have a relationship in that, let alone one that could potentially steer fans away from Bionicle, as sad as that is.

• Upvote 2

|

Aren't we on topic? Eh.

Anyways, back on track...

I'd like to see some toa robes or master robes for Bionicle, I always loved robes or gi that covered the legs with the torso piece.

The Turaga wore robes( In the films anyway), but the 2001 Turaga just had black liftarms. But I'd like robes.

Something like the warlock robes from Destiny would be cool.

Something like the Purifier Robes, or the Heart of Praxic Fire would be epic.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

1. More eye colors - The Masters need to have different eye colors. I would like Tahu's eye to be darker blue, Lewa's light green, Pohatu's orange, and Ouna's dark green. Kopaka light blue eyes and Gali's yellow eyes are okay.

2. New CCBS versions of the 2002 Nuva armor - If the Masters become the reboot's Toa Nuva, they would get these new pieces.

3. Sizes - I would like all the Toa to be medium-sized because it feels awkward to look at Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua as Titan-sized. It does not feel natural that way.

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1. More eye colors - The Masters need to have different eye colors. I would like Tahu's eye to be darker blue, Lewa's light green, Pohatu's orange, and Ouna's dark green. Kopaka light blue eyes and Gali's yellow eyes are okay.

2. New CCBS versions of the 2002 Nuva armor - If the Masters become the reboot's Toa Nuva, they would get these new pieces.

3. Sizes - I would like all the Toa to be medium-sized because it feels awkward to look at Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua as Titan-sized. It does not feel natural that way.

For #3, check these out, made by your's truly: http://imgur.com/a/ua4ZK

|

Lewa does have light green eyes. Specifically he has Trans. Fluorescent Green eyes, the lightest shade of trans green there is (with Trans Bright Green and Trans Green being darker). Gali's eyes are also trans fluor. green, not trans yellow.

AXKP5KC.png

Lewa does have light green eyes. Specifically he has Trans. Fluorescent Green eyes, the lightest shade of trans green there is (with Trans Bright Green and Trans Green being darker). Gali's eyes are also trans fluor. green, not trans yellow.

But in all seriousness, how can you tell the difference?

• Upvote 1

|

But in all seriousness, how can you tell the difference?

Difference in what? Fluorescent green and yellow? Well. One of them is green. And. The other is yellow? That's about it really.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png