The Shadowed One: Some questions 'bout the Ye Olde Hochmeister

Well howdy-ho my fellow Beezeepeeyites, me-me imma has a question for the lot of ya!

So I was reading up on the Ye Olde Hochmeister, and I noticed that a whole plot for him was being developed, him attaining Teridax's god-felling virus, his alliance with the Barraki, and his mustering of forces both new and old to his ranks in preparation for.... for what? Does anyone have any ideas about what was to happen? I feel like we should write this up on a piece of paper, fold it into a paper airplane, and chuck it at Old Man Greg (hopefully his glasses will help avoid an embarrassing blinding accident). I personally want to know, as it would be make my project easier. :D

Likewise, does anyone want to know The Shadowed One's name? It wouldn't affect the story, just another little tidbit of info. Again, we could chuck a paper airplane at our bearded 'canonizer' ("OUCH! W--What the..?!! Where do these keep coming from?!"  *camera then focuses on eyes peepin' over a wall in the distance while he/she is fanatically gasping and shivering*)

As but another white guy movie reviewer says a tonne of times, "comment below, n' let me know!". :D

• Upvote 6

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The part about the Shadowed One's name will probably not get through. Greg received an enormous amount of hate for reviling Teridax's name, so I doubt he'd be willing to give TSO's. 

I've also heard that Greg was going to name either one Teridax, depending on which one won the poll. But that's just speculation. 

As for the rest of the question, I think this was Greg's planning for some of his post-2010 serials that never got developed (along with the civil war of the Great Beings, Takanuva's destiny, Velika's quest for power, the gold-skinned being's wondrous adventures, and the fixing of the Red Star). 

If Greg did continue the serials, I would think that the Dark Hunters and the League of 5/4 Kingdoms (depending if Takadox manages to get back into the action) would have something to do with warring on the Order, since The Shadowed One can be quoted in Destiny War saying, "If I am satisfied with what he has to offer, then, perhaps, Dark Hunter and Barraki will walk side-by-side into a new dawn." Typically the phrase "New Dawn" implies a reformation of sorts, in this case a dawn in which the League and the Dark Hunters are the dominate forces. With the Brotherhood eliminated, the remaining faction in power is the Order of Mata Nui, and would thus be their first target. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

The Shadowed One got a name. I don't know what.

Yeah, but due to the fan backlash that Greg Farshety experienced after revealing The Makuta's name (which was voted to be revealed, fan community was apparently bipolar at the time) Greg said he wouldn't reveal TSO's name. It's been several years since 2008, and so I thought we should see if anyone has changed their minds. :D

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Greg has long since lost/forgotten TSO's name, so don't hold your breath. I'm personally fine with him not having a name.

As for the plot developments, what you see is what you get; he did make an alliance with the Barraki, did get his hands on some viruses, and that's about it. Fill in the blanks with imaginaaaation.

• Upvote 1

Greg has long since lost/forgotten TSO's name, so don't hold your breath. I'm personally fine with him not having a name.

As for the plot developments, what you see is what you get; he did make an alliance with the Barraki, did get his hands on some viruses, and that's about it. Fill in the blanks with imaginaaaation.

I've used imaginaaaaaaation a lot, I was just curious. <_<    Click on my banner, go on, see all of my imaginaaaation. explain.gif

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

TSO would no doubt try to increase the power of the Dark Hunters. The Brotherhood, one of the most powerful organizations, has been wiped out and Spherus Magna is in a transitioning period as two worlds are merging together. If there's a time to set yourself up as the dominant force, now would be it.

Also, even if Greg wanted to reveal his name, could he? The list of approved names are either all gone or no longer valid.

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I for one would love to learn TSO's name, but understand why I can't (and am used to being punished for others' actions; I didn't complain about Teridax's name).

• Upvote 4

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

And introducing...

Erebus Topic: GregF Answers

What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.

TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.

Are some of those "scum" guys following TSO from SM such as Bone Hunters or Skrall?

Yes. And others we haven't met yet from other regions of SM.

Did he use [viruses] on himself or is he just keeping them as a secret weapon?

Secret weapon

(Which reminds me of how badly I need to get in there and fix some more bugs.) But maybe that will help on your quest of imagination. 

This quote may also help: 

Also, Gatherer was an Onu-Matoran... and the details on TSO's disappearance are still as murky as ever.

• In Reign of Shadows, the Shadowed One disappeared, several of his vials were broken, and an unknown cause shattered every Vortixx within a kio radius without leaving any hint of its presence. My first question is: was it a virus that killed all these Vortixx?
  • My second question: what happened to the Shadowed One? How/why did he disappear?
  • On an unrelated note: what type of Matoran was Gatherer before he became a Dark Hunter? His connection to subterranean Rahi would indicate he might have been an Onu-Matoran, while his habit of claiming armor as trophies would suggest him being a Fe-Matoran.

1) No
2) I can tell you it was voluntary - he was not abducted
3) I always thought of him as an Onu-Matoran

• Upvote 1

And introducing...

Erebus Topic: GregF Answers

What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.

TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.

Are some of those "scum" guys following TSO from SM such as Bone Hunters or Skrall?

Yes. And others we haven't met yet from other regions of SM.

Did he use [viruses] on himself or is he just keeping them as a secret weapon?

Secret weapon

(Which reminds me of how badly I need to get in there and fix some more bugs.) But maybe that will help on your quest of imagination. 

This quote may also help: 

Also, Gatherer was an Onu-Matoran... and the details on TSO's disappearance are still as murky as ever.

• In Reign of Shadows, the Shadowed One disappeared, several of his vials were broken, and an unknown cause shattered every Vortixx within a kio radius without leaving any hint of its presence. My first question is: was it a virus that killed all these Vortixx?
  • My second question: what happened to the Shadowed One? How/why did he disappear?
  • On an unrelated note: what type of Matoran was Gatherer before he became a Dark Hunter? His connection to subterranean Rahi would indicate he might have been an Onu-Matoran, while his habit of claiming armor as trophies would suggest him being a Fe-Matoran.

1) No

2) I can tell you it was voluntary - he was not abducted

3) I always thought of him as an Onu-Matoran

Thank you for providing sources. :)  Much appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 4 weeks later...

As for the rest of the question, I think this was Greg's planning for some of his post-2010 serials that never got developed (along with the civil war of the Great Beings, Takanuva's destiny, Velika's quest for power, the gold-skinned being's wondrous adventures, and the fixing of the Red Star). 

If Greg did continue the serials, I would think that the Dark Hunters and the League of 5/4 Kingdoms (depending if Takadox manages to get back into the action) would have something to do with warring on the Order, since The Shadowed One can be quoted in Destiny War saying, "If I am satisfied with what he has to offer, then, perhaps, Dark Hunter and Barraki will walk side-by-side into a new dawn." Typically the phrase "New Dawn" implies a reformation of sorts, in this case a dawn in which the League and the Dark Hunters are the dominate forces. With the Brotherhood eliminated, the remaining faction in power is the Order of Mata Nui, and would thus be their first target. 

:crying:

• Upvote 2

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

If the list of approved names is gone, then just ask Greg what the name would've been, but ask him not to canonize it.

Legal crisis averted.

Problem there is that he doesn't know it. People have asked him before, but since he lost the list of names years ago, he has no way to keep track of it.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone knows The Shadowed One's name is Krakalin.

Wasn't that an April Fool's joke?

I think we should canonise it anyway.

I think its a cool name. I thought it was a real name before my bubble was burst by finding out about it being a joke.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Everyone knows The Shadowed One's name is Krakalin.

Wasn't that an April Fool's joke?

I think we should canonise it anyway.

I think its a cool name. I thought it was a real name before my bubble was burst by finding out about it being a joke.

Yeah, it is a cool name, but I think we should just let it slip. If people are really desperate, I guess they could just headcanon his name.

What if the Shadowed One had found a way to control (or think he could control) Destiny itself? We know it's one of the Three Virtues, which means the GBs had to have bent it at some point or at least aligned with it.

Of course, Destiny might not like being controlled, and might enslave him. So he would go around saying I am the Mouthpiece of Destiny. And then his faction would be called the Predestined.

Sleep spares him pain! Awake, he suffers!

When biking, I utter this at least twenty times in one week:
"SEND THESE CARS TO KARZAHNI!!"

Read here for the REAL story of Makuta's downfall!
The Concealed Battle: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6990269

The last missing piece of Bionicle saga! What happened to Tarduk's second journey?
Power of the Maze: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...=0#entry7264251