fishers64

OOC: Okay, fair enough. But I'm not sure what you want out of us here, and it's getting a little frustrating. I think the main issue is, the only way to defeat Traferous is to kill him, and Heroes aren't meant to be killers. I'm getting the feeling you're trying to nudge the situation towards Traferous escaping, I guess for a plot reason, but it's a situation where we really can't let him wander off because, again, they're Heroes. This whole fight has been a little frustrating in that regard- you gave us a fourth mission we could do legitimately nothing about, because we have this unstoppable- before anyone says anything, yes, I know he can be killed, but in this instance all we can do is attempt to arrest him every time he shrugs off things that would stop pretty much any other villain in their tracks- villain running around, breaking out other villains when we capture them, and shrugging off whatever we throw at him.

Yes, he's meant to be OP. But he's about to be placed in a ship with a big group of Heroes with weapons pointed directly at him, and he's apparently legitimately able to kill all of them and get out unscathed. That, I would imagine, is beyond what most people would deem agreeably OP for a GM character, and on top of that no one can do anything about him just shrugging his shoulders, laughing, and undoing everything that took so long to do, and what had to be done in an attempt to get to the next mission in time to deal with the impending threat, just to have the whole cycle begin again.

I don't mean to sound harsh or rude or anything, and I like Traferous as a character. It's just, in a scenario where we cannot do anything about him without immensely breaking character and yet have to keep going so we don't also break character, it's getting really, really frustrating to have this big deal in the background we really, really need to fix up and this villain wandering around kicking over whatever we managed to get done in the meantime with absolutely no consequences, or no way to inflict consequences.

EDIT: Addendum because I think this sounds way, way too harsh. I'm not asking for Traferous to be retconned, or to break character. I'm just feeling like we've formed this endless cycle here, and I'd like to know what we can really do about it without breaking character.

OOC: Too harsh? Rest assured, if anything, it's too kind. Though, after hearing Fishers' clarification, I'm beginning to understand what she intends a bit more.

Anyways, I'd like to request permission to give Arsenal a slight upgrade for the current mission. Specifically, I'd like to replace the rocket launcher he lost on Tranquis with a Megatronesque arm cannon. The destructive power would be roughly the same as one of his rockets, except in the form of an energy beam; which, in addition to eliminating shrapnel, would be able to be maintained for short amounts of time.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Sorry. I posted that from mobile, so it didn't show me your explaination until after I said that.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC STRINGER

Stringer opened the door to let Thumper and Quiver in. 

GM NPC BREEZE

Breeze boarded the Astral. 

GM NPC FURNO (TRAFEROUS' BRIDGE)

Furno looked around at the smashed controls all around him. "I don't think there is anything interesting here."

GM NPC ZIB

Zib called Furno and Flood. "What do you two want to do? Do you want to help with the villain, or do you want to come with us to investigate a giant portal?"

GM NPC FURNO

"He wants to investigate the giant portal. Honestly, I could care less." 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Von Nebula boarded the ship, heading for the med bay. 

OOC: Now you may have to deal with Lie/East/Fravi, but I think those are indefinitely more handle-able. Taking Fravi back to Mechna is a worse punishment than jail. O_O

The conspiracy is NOT composed of people like Traferous. It's a large group of moderately-to-underpowered villains, as opposed to the Federation.

OOC: Sorry. I posted that from mobile, so it didn't show me your explaination until after I said that.

Apology accepted, although I said that half for the fun of it.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Friend

He gave Furno a confused glance, but played along. "There's not much to be done here, and I doubt I would be much help against the villain, except as an energy shield."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - X Files Theme

"Thank you!" Thumper said to Stringer, she and Quiver stepping on board. She grinned at Quiver. "See? There's heaps of people here! There's Stringer, and Stormer, and Zib, and Surge, and me, and Breez, and- wait."

She turned back to the being wearing her armour. She was pretty sure that wasn't her, they had a different helm and lacked her gloves, belt and sweet flame decals. She stared at them. "... Uh?"

OOC: That's Titanos.

~

IC: Ken Render and Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

Selphi took the strips Render handed to her and applied them accordingly. "Render, pour him some water, would you? I've seen some organics die if they don't have enough of that."

"A'ight." Render handed the organic the bottle after twisting the cap off. He'd met Selphi enough times prior with defused or detonated bombs to find her a little unsettling. He stood on the organic's other side, away from her.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Jason Ferro- Worst day ever

His power fully replenished, Ferro rose to his feet. Now that he could make full use of his powers, the villain outside wouldn't stand a chance. Drawing both pistols, the hero ran back to the entrance as quickly as his legs would allow, expecting to pull off a "big heroes" moment.

Reaching his destination, Ferro ran out into the ruins, assuming an appropriately awesome pose...

"NOT SO FAST, VILLAIN! PREPARE TO..."

...Only to see the seemingly invincible villain, cuffed and detained by the heroes he had left minutes before.

Incredibly embarrassed, Ferro quietly holstered his pistols. He quickly retreated back into the Astral to escape the situation, hoping that no one had heard him. Why did this have to happen EVERY time..?

OOC: So, what's the verdict on Arsenal's arm cannon?

IC: Crowley - On the Prowl.

He continued slinking quietly towards the landed ship, using the uneven rubble as cover. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Astral.

Once he'd finished recharging and the nanites had pieced his legs back together, he started roaming the ship. Eventually coming across the armoury, he skimmed the racks of weaponry before picking out an RPG attachment perfectly suited to fit his rifle. 

He'd had his fill of not being able to stop enemy getaway ships. Hopefully this would even the score a little.

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup.  

As the ship drifted in space, Silvia flicked through the different news broadcasts, waiting for something profitable to crop up. Hero Factory's destruction hadn't come as much of a surprise, but Mechna being swallowed by a magic space portal... that was interesting.

IC: Markus Vex - Space Station.

No response. "Hey, Rocka? Did you hear me?" He started making his way back towards his Hero Pod. 

IC: The Deconstructor - Mecha Spaceport.

Following the gaze of its workers, The Deconstructor cast its eyes skywards. The portal had swallowed the planet at last, and yet... things seemed no different. No temperature spikes, no cataclysmic earthquakes, nothing. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: So, what's the verdict on Arsenal's arm cannon?

OOC: It's fine. Put it in his profile please so I don't get confused later. 

GM NPC ROCKA

"Yeah, I did. Sorry I was distracted loading this other Pod into my dropship here. I think we should go back to home base - that's where Striker is. We can chew him out there, if you're still mad."

GM IC 78 EAST

"Why do you get to have all the fun?" 78 grumbled, as a pair of med bots unscrewed the cover plate on her still functioning arm. "Hey, disassembling me for spare parts isn't cool." 

IC: Markus Vex - Overflowing With Fury.

"Mad?" He scoffed, "That'd be an understatement." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Saracen is going to have a lot of fun playing RPGs with his new gun attachment.  :P

IC: Alex Drift - Astral

Drift had by now recharged himself and now headed back to the medbay. It was a lot more cramped than when he had left. 

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Helping Dispose Of Traferous

Bliss checked his charge again while he waited for Quark to get the ship running and everyone to get aboard. He'd need a recharge when he got back for sure.

IC: Cobra Shard - Astral

Shard arrived back at the Astral and began looking about for the recharge station.

IC: Blink - Mechna Ghost Town

Blink went back to poking about and shivered a bit. It was colder here than she liked. Of course, that could be said about most of the planet, but this part of town in particular was more chilly than usual. She glanced briefly at the sky and then... wait, what? Blink looked back up at the stars. None of the familiar constellations she was used to were out and the stars seemed a bit dimmer than they normally were, even through the polluted atmosphere.

This place was evil. She wanted to leave, but Uerub's witch was still too much of a mystery for her to just leave it unexplored.

OOC: Since Marrow just ate a truckload of Quaza, I figure this is as good a time as any to ask this:

Can I have Marrow lay a creepy bio-mechanical egg?  :D

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Rocka knows because Vex checked the records and junk, I think. And then Vex told Rocka. It was a while ago, though.

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Quark holstered her blaster as she climbed on board. She turned to the others. "I want Wolfe up front with me, and the rest of you with eyes and weapons on the villain."

She climbed in, trusting the others to take care of buckling in the villain, and started plotting a preliminary course.

Gyro shrugged at Scarlet. "He's the big villain guy, I guess. Explains why there's so many of us here."

He climbed on board, stared at the seats, fumbled his blades around and finally managed to sit down with the blades sticking straight up, folded to rest flat against the wall.

~

IC: Ken Render and Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

"Don't mention it, pardner," said Render. He glanced to the robot villain. "They're just fixin' your internals. If it'll make you feel better, I could oversee 'em."

Selphi finished a neat tie. "Do your bones need resetting?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Quark Cruiser.

"Nice ship," she mused, following the others on board and taking a seat, "So what do we do now?"

OOC: Are we just implying someone shoved Traferous on board?

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

Without looking up, she said, "You're strapping him in, as per regular villain protocol. And then you're strapping yourselves in, and then we're setting off on a preliminary course until the Hero Factory gives us a determined destination. Hopefully they can find a prison equipped for him. If not, I'll look for one myself. Goodness knows they've been late getting back to me all day."

OOC: Since Marrow just ate a truckload of Quaza, I figure this is as good a time as any to ask this:

Can I have Marrow lay a creepy bio-mechanical egg?  :D

OOC: Yeah, I guess. 

OOC: Are we just implying someone shoved Traferous on board?

OOC: If you auto-control my GM character in my own RPG...

...what sort of nerve do you have? 

OOC: I was going to interpret it as Traferous being left all alone in front of the ship with a bunch of weapons pointed at him...except for Wolfe, who has yet to board. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Oh, no, I didn't mean to be rude or imply taking control! Sorry! I was joking, since everyone kind of climbed on after Quark without interacting with him.

OOC: I'm joking too. I guess I should throw in more :P emotes. Long day. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous stood in front of the ship, watching as the other Heroes climbed on board. He said nothing, weighing the bitter choice that he would have to make. He could go with the Heroes in front of him, live out his life peacefully on some planet. Maybe he could even find enough mass to build a ship and escape eventually. 

But that would mean leaving all of his people to die at the hands of the conspiracy. That was why they had delayed in sending the tape to Hero Factory. The conspiracy knew that Traferous wasn't going to destroy the Hero Factory over a petty grudge with a single Hero. But he would do it to cover up blowing up their main base. And knowing that, they would come to destroy his base and his people in revenge. He swallowed. And what could he do?

Very little. But he would rather die defending his people - perhaps that would redeem him a little in the end - than have to live for years with their deaths haunting him - or worse, not knowing what happened. 

And he could not have the Heroes shooting at him, either. "I am going to my death," he said slowly. "1000 civilians on Mechron city are about to die because of what I did, and you have a chance to save their lives. I don't expect you to believe me. But I am going to die with them." He looked at Wolfe. "One way, or the other." 

Then he waited for the Heroes to kill him. 

IC: Shade - Unauthorized Access to Mission Control

Shade paged through and didn't find anything regarding Mr. Makuro's Quarters. He could either keep searching or he could change targets. He started a new search for Nex's quarters instead and waited for the results to load.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM IC DR. LIE

"Probably," Dr. Lie grumbled. "And then I'll probably need something to brace it with. This cast is broken, courtesy of trigger-happy laser boy."

GM NPC FURNO

"Sorry," said Furno. "I shouldn't have spoken for you like that." He looked around one more rueful time before heading out. 

GM NPC BULK

Bulk, post recharge, stepped onto the bridge. "What are we doing now?"

GM NPC STORMER

"We ready to go, Zib?"

GM NPC ZIB

"Just about. Furno, can you two take the specialized dropship and dock with us in the air? I'd rather not leave that lying around here - we still have an active villain situation going on." 

GM NPC FURNO

"I'm okay with that. As long as Flood agrees his time." 

GM IC SHADE

Shade would find the passcodes to Nex's quarters. They were back behind the bridge, close to the engines. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Astral Bridge.

After his trip to the armoury, he sauntered up to the bridge, clearing his throat as he entered, "How are things going?"

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Furno

He waved his hand, following Furno. "You guessed my preference correctly, which surprised me. That's all. And yes, that sounds fine with me."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

She nodded. "Should be easy enough to find you a splint. Setting the bone, well, an attempt can easily be made." She considered his trigger-happy comment. "I wouldn't take the lasers too personally. A lot tend to be fired in a fight."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - The Astral

Thumper was shaken from her confusion by Bulk's reappearance. She said, "Um, we captured the villain! It went really well! I got cuffs on him and everything!"

Quiver peered at the Hero wearing Thumper's armour. There was something... familiar... about them. Aside from the armour, of course.

IC: Scourge- Grunge district

As they snuck about the alleyways of Mechna, Grunge district, Scourge came to notice that the sky seemed to have changed color. Unfazed, Scourge continued on it's hunt.

IC: Arsenal- Apartment

Arsenal felt a sense of relief as he entered his apartment to find that it had gone unrobbed during his stay at Hero Factory. Of course, someone had tried. This was Mechna, after all. Thankfully, it seemed that his booby trap had made short work of the intruder, who's corpse was now in the early stages of decomposition. He would clean that up later. For now, his focus was on repairing his arm.

Arsenal had prepared for a situation like this, of course. He was no stranger to dismemberment, with the wound he had received on Tranquis being insignificant compared to others he had received in the past. Arsenal approached a large trunk of parts. It was filled with the components that he tended to lose most often, such as eyes, fingers, and thankfully, a couple of arms. Removing the parts he needed, the Titan got to work.

It was a delicate task, but nothing he hadn't done before. Wires were reconnected, parts were welded back into place, and Arsenal was whole once more. Well, whole by anyone else's definition, that is. The Titan proceeded to his weapon rack, where he selected an arm mounted energy cannon to replace his rocket launcher. In addition, he took the time to reload all of his weapons, including replacing the grenades on his belt with a greater variety of types than had been there before, including smoke, fragmentation, and even some that exposed those caught in the blast to Oxydium. Now, he was truly whole again...

GM NPC SURGE

"Alright, let's fire her up and see what she's got." 

GM NPC ZIB

"Splint, we're going to leave soon to go investigate a portal. You should be safe to stay here after rescuing Ruby, or I guess you can meet up with us later. But we need to move."

He then called Gorn, Plume, and Jade. "The Astral is going to leave now. Jade, if you want to pick up Gorn, Plume, and that other villain, that's your call. Otherwise you need to get onboard if your coming with us." 

He looked around. "Anyone else I'm forgetting?"

OOC: I don't have any characters present who can know this, but I think we're missing Captor and Striker. I say this OOC especially because Striker's missed call would probably pop up somewhere. Not sure about Captor, but if he died offscreen then that might've popped up like Echo's did and if he's just in sleep mode then at the very least Zib might notice he's gone.

OOC: Pretty sure last we heard of Captor he took a nasty hit from Traferous and got knocked down into the basement.

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

Wolfe merely stared at Traferous as the villain spoke, then tipped his head in Kat's direction. "You heard the little lady," he said before calmly drawing his bow and pointing it at Traferous as a precaution. "Let's get onboard so we can get you squared away. The more you cooperate, the faster we can catch up to the others and rescue those people on Mechron."

IC Jet - Tower Basement:

Somewhere beneath the rubble on the surface, the rookie's core still functioned, along with his built-in Hero Tracker...

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

While Var processed his offer, Gorn was contacted by Zib, notifying him of their intent to leave.

"We'll be there in a second."

IC: Arsenal- Apartment

Once his weapons were fully functional, Arsenal proceeded to dispose of the would be robber's corpse. Since he couldn't exactly just throw it into his garbage can and call it a day, he was forced to carry the body outside to dispose of it there. See, that was another great thing about Mechna. One could carry a bloody corpse in plain sight, and no one would bat an eye. Upon emerging from his apartment building, Arsenal noticed that the sky had changed color. This was no normal occurrence. The mercenary had visited Mechna dozens of times in the past, and not once had the sky's color differed from it's usual hue. Others on the street were expressing similar levels of bewilderment, indicating that this wasn't simply a case of negligence on his part. Whatever this was, it was likely that the Hero Factory would come to investigate. If they did that, then they would probably go after Arsenal as well, and... The chip! He had completely forgotten about the chip they had implanted upon his capture. He had to get rid of it quickly, or else they would be able to track his every move! Quickly disposing of the corpse in a dumpster, Arsenal hurried back to his apartment. Upon reaching it, he immediately set to work attempting to extract the tracking chip from his arm...

OOC: Whether he succeeds or not depends on Fishers.

OOC: Pretty sure last we heard of Captor he took a nasty hit from Traferous and got knocked down into the basement.

OOC: That was Night Stalker. (Traferous isn't responsible for everything. Yi.)

GM NPC QUADAL

Quadal chirped, pointing to the screen. A Tracker was still functioning, although, faint for a hero named Jet. Also there was a missed call from a Hero named Striker. 

GM NPC ZIB

Zib sighed. "Splint will have to deal with that. Forward that to him, and tell him it's low priority over keeping himself safe." He then looked at the missed call. "Striker, this is Zib. I have two Heroes, one very angry, en route to your location. Care to explain yourself?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous looked at Quark. "Are we going to Mechron?" He didn't trust Wolfe. 

GM IC THE GALACTIC CONSPIRACY

All around the galaxy, on various secret bases, various ships launched, heading for Mechron city. 

GM IC THE TRANSPORTATION FEDERATION

"All personnel of the Transportation Federation, this is a 290 evacuation. We are under attack. I repeat, we are under attack." 

An evacuation alarm sounded over the premises as chaos erupted over the hangar decks. Some of the civilians took their ships and fled off into the galaxy, hoping somehow to fight or evade the enemy fleet. Some others, perhaps more sensible, headed into the city, going home, hoping the invading force would leave them alone. 

And still others sat on their ships in denial. "Traferous will save us," one foolish ship's captain assured his crew. "This is nothing."

Meanwhile, Traferous' second-in-command put in another frantic call to Hero Factory. "Long range sensors indicate that there is a large fleet moving towards our location," she said. "We need assistance RIGHT NOW."  

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

She shot him an incredulous look. "You aren't. We Heroes are going to Mechna and dropping you off at the nearest facility that can take you. Why in any of the galaxies would we take you, a known, dangerous criminal responsible for innumerable deaths at the very least, to a planet densely populated with criminals? Especially since they'll need our assistance there, and we can't afford to babysit you at the same time."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Figured," Traferous said. "Shoot me if you like, but I want to know how it ends." He took the cuffs off and handed them to Wolfe. 

--------------------------

OOC: And the reason I'm doing this is because, like my character, I prefer the battle death ending over the prison ending. The reason for that is I don't want this character to come back and cause the same problem again, ever. Plus my sense of personal epicness I'll admit - it's easier to write the TF ending scene with Traferous in the middle of it. 

But this isn't the GM Imposition. If it shall not Gandalf, it shall not Gandalf. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Yeah, sorry. It's just kinda hard to let him come along because, to the Heroes, it wouldn't make sense. He's either gonna have to run or some part of the circumstance would have to change so they would have a reason to bring him aboard. I'm not trying to be contrary or anything, I promise.

OOC: Yeah, sorry. It's just kinda hard to let him come along because, to the Heroes, it wouldn't make sense. He's either gonna have to run or some part of the circumstance would have to change so they would have a reason to bring him aboard. I'm not trying to be contrary or anything, I promise.

OOC: I know. But Traferous doesn't. :/

• Upvote 1