fishers64

IC-Shellshredder- Goin' for a walk

After leaving the house he experimented in in charred ashes, Shellshredder decided to take a walk, to learn somewhat of the winding network of anarchy known as the Grunge. Granted, he probably should have been breaking into the government in order to learn more of the portal system, but he figured he would likely need the knowledge  later on.

OOC: If anyone else is down in the Grunge, Shellshredder is open for interaction.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

OOC: Well, technically, the Ghost Town is inside the Grunge district, but nobody really goes there unless they have a really good reason to. Place gives off bad vibes, y'know?

IC: Necrissia

"You'll have to be a bit more specific, son. What kind of skill set?" Necrissia was almost certain that she knew what he was looking for, but she wanted explicit confirmation before she let anyone into her lair, especially these three.

IC: Ken Render - Astral Medbay

Render finally for Night Stalker over the threshold of the medbay. He pulled the villain over to a bed and, figuring he'd be sticking around to guard the guy anyway, decided to make small talk while e waited for a medbot to be free.

"So," he began, reaching into his bag. "Night Stalker. Were you made with that name, pardner? If you don't mind me askin'. Odd name to call a 'bot, is all."

IC: Night Stalker

"Some two-bit planet you've never heard of.  My maker designed me to be a stealth bot and he wasn't very creative with names."

OOC: Really it's nostalgia.  I had an RPC on the Lego Message Boards in the HF RP, who was this guy but significantly more powerful.  As in he could have taken down this Hero Factory single handedly.  :P  Complete cloaking, teleport, his gun shot antimatter and antiquaza in addition to what he can here, and he had two missiles launchers on his shoulders. And he wasn't even OP there.

Necrissia sighed. "You people are the only ones in this area sentient enough to even comprehend language. Who are you worried is going to hear you out here?" She tapped her fingers on the console, thinking for a moment.

"Alright, I guess you are indeed seeking my services, if I'm interpreting your vague wording correctly." With that, she pulled a lever, causing a circle around the periscope and speaker to descend down in segments, forming a spiral staircase down around the pillar which the periscope and speaker rested on. "Come on in."

IC: Uerub Kalslann

Uerub just barely managed to avoid tumbling down the stairwell as it suddenly formed under her.

IC: Blink - In Way Over Her Head

Blink jumped violently when the speaker came up out of the ground and did so again when it spoke. The ethereal voice that came out gave her chills all the way down her spine and left no doubt in her mind that Uerub's witch must be real.

She was shaking like a leaf by the time the stairwell opened and she almost considered going back to her apartment, but again her curiosity to actually see the witch made her resist. She waited for the other two to descend first.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Epix - The Astral (Docking Station)

Epix said nothing as he waited for the ship to pull up and dock.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I feel like you may have misinterpreted my impromptu science lesson.

See, as I said, ice doesn't have cold energy. It has a lack of heat energy. Think about it this way: water is made up of molecules. Heat energy causes these molecules to become excited, and when they're excited, they move and bounce around like crazy. When they have enough heat energy in them, they can't stay in that form anymore, because it's too constricting. If the water is in a solid form- that is, ice- the ice melts, because liquid form- water- allows the molecules to move more freely. When heated further, the water turns to a gas- vapour- because that allows the molecules to move even MORE freely. When there is less heat energy, the molecules are less excited, and the opposite happens.

Now, I'm no top tier physicist (biology is my forte and major), so I can't say what would happen if we froze an energy ghost. The issue I want to bring up is, physical objects don't affect Von Nebula. He's like a Ghost-type Pokemon. So, what Stormer is doing is essentially throwing physical objects at him with very little energy in them. Robot limbs, the walls of the ship, and even organic limbs contain energy, so I'd say that even the little energy the ice may have wouldn't affect him. In the case of the scalding water and Thumper's gloves, those were physical objects carrying heat energy. They were essentially transporting heat energy to Von Nebula's form.

Of course, if you were just hand-waving this in favour of science fiction physics, pay me no mind. It's really weird how hard stuff like a freeze ray would be to make, now that I think about it (it'd be like a reverse lamp that absorbs light rather than emitting it), but those are pretty prevalent in science fiction. And theoretically, freeze rays would have to have some kind of energy source, so...

OOC: I'm not sure he would be frozen in it, which is the issue. Since physical objects don't affect him at all. I'm not entirely sure about him losing energy; I would very hesitantly say yes, since he's made out of energy and might be losing it as it transfers to the lack of energy provided by the ice. This doesn't refute my thing from earlier, by the way. The heat energy would probably lessen the amount of Von energy that transferred to the ice.

That said, I'm very happy to err on the side of science fiction and say "freeze the ghost, why not". I was mainly clearing up the confusion in my post. I have been told I have a habit of explaining things with too much assumed knowledge, so I was worried I sounded confusing without knowing it.

OOC: Alright, here's what I'm thinking - Von Nebula can possess (occupy/control) a robotic form, thus putting himself inside that form of matter and controlling it. But if he does that, obviously damage to the robotic form that gets past the outside shell would commute to him (for example, if the form exploded or vaporized, the ghost would at least take damage. This is likely why cowardly Von hasn't taken one, of course - it takes away all of the advantages of his ghost form and makes him a target.)

Therefore, if that form were frozen through, Von would be frozen inside the form, which would reduce the ghost's energy and make it harder/slower for him to escape. (To make him a fair character, he can't just disassociate to avoid getting hit.)

Therefore, Von is inside the ice (he's not controlling the ice, but is still inside the ice) and thus frozen. Otherwise I'd have to say that Von isn't affected by the damage to his forms, which would be OP and thus illegal.

OOC: Sorry, but I forgot to mention: Shard and Stormer's ice attacks will likely have no effect. Ice doesn't have cold energy, it has a lack of heat energy. So no, cold and heat together won't have more of an effect; the heat will have an effect and the cold will just make the shooter look busy.

Actually, thinking about it, it might make the attack less effective. The heat energy will transfer to the ice due to the lack of heat energy, and some heat energy will be expended in melting the ice.

OOC: Also, FTR, this statement is correct about the ice shards, however. 

• Upvote 1

OOC: Sure.

He glanced back to Night Stalker. "Harsh, boyo."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Lab

She exited the medbay and reentered her lab to analyse her findings. She gave her beetle a cotton ball soaked with water as she passed it, which it immediately went to.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Victory

"Good job, Mara!" Thumper grinned. As her high five had been wisely declined, she gave Quiver a very, very gentle nudge with her elbow. Quiver still stumbled a little.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Uerub Kalslann

Uerub followed after Focus down the spiral stairwell.

IC: Peppy Starburst

Peppy docked her dropship with the Astral and headed on board.

IC: Lilith Specter

"Zib, this is Lilith. I am on my way onto the Astral, but I'm currently carrying an injured hero, so please stand by." Lilith was in fact carrying the badly injured and unconscious Captor, who had both been hit with a large blunt weapon and fallen a long distance, with some difficulty, half dragging him rather than carrying.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Sure.

He glanced back to Night Stalker. "Harsh, boyo."

IC: Night Stalker

"Eh, What're ya gonna do?  Might change it at some point.  Sounds kinda menacing, so I didn't bother changing it."

IC: Orukam Amayika - Awkward Standoff

Amayika, suitably relieved that he was no longer at imminent risk of dying, absent-mindedly shook his cuffs. "So. Am I just to explain my presence on Antropolis, and then I will be allowed to go?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Rocka

"I don't understand." He frowned. "As I understand it, the Vex one is dead-set on killing me for unclear reasons. I was under the impression that kind of behaviour was a rarity in Heroes. Do they still suspect me of mind control? Surely, there's a way for them to understand I am not capable if that? I am fully willing to help with your investigations, but I assure you, I had nothing to do with the criminal activity on Antropolis. I was to perform there, and maverick got the chance. That is all. Which, I suppose, was conspiring to crime, which I will fully accept responsibility for, but I hardly think it's deserved half this treatment..."

He glanced back at Rocka's boss. Truth be told, he was using his Makuro-acting as a very big shield behind which to panic right now. Wasn't it just his luck to cross paths with not one, but two sadistic Heroes? Why was this apparently an okay thing?!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Markus Vex - Angry.

"You lied to us, claimed to be the real Makuro," he scowled at the irritating impostor, "And you just happened to be in the area when an attempt was made on the real Makuro's life," he idly wondered how many punches it would take to make the little runt shut up, "Now you've done who knows what to my partner to make him act like some kind of rogue rookie. So don't you dare go acting like some kind of innocent victim in all of this." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ROCKA

"To be honest, I think Fortis wants to use you for his own purposes," said Rocka. "You're a dead ringer for Makuro, so Fortis wants to use you to divert assassination attempts from the real guy."

GM NPC FORTIS

Fortis raised an eyebrow. "This is the black ops division of Hero Factory, son. We don't mess around with all that puny civilian moralistic . If you keep playing a victim, you've got yourself a job, and you might not like it." 

He left it purposefully ambiguous as to whether he was referring to Amayika or Rocka. In truth, he was referring to both. 

IC: Orukam Amayika - Scared and Confused

He froze. He looked pleadingly between Rocka, his boss, and Vex. This couldn't be right. Hero Factory didn't have a black ops. It shouldn't have. Hero Factory was meant to be a group of do-gooders, doing, well, good, across the galaxy. Why would they have, need or want a group specifically for the purpose of framing other planets or governments for crimes?! This made no sense!

They couldn't do this to him. None of this was right. Sure, he was the first to admit what he did for a living wasn't exactly legal. Claiming to be Makuro to make a nuisance of himself at someone's wedding, or appearing at a highly esteemed party to climb on tables and kick everything to the floor? That, he was fine with being arrested for. He'd done his part and made Makuro look a fool, the Heroes were always agreeable and even pleasant at times, he cooperated each and every time they caught him, even if they had to run first...

He shook his head, eyes wide. "This... This is insane. Look, this, I'm sure, is a very funny joke to you, but I've had a less than entertaining day. I just want to cooperate with you, I do not think I would be ideal for acting as a target. I'm much too frail for that."

OOC: Personally I think that putting Amayika to work as a stunt double sounds like a cool idea, by the way. He's just... not really feeling it.

Also, been meaning to ask, but from what I remember, Hero Recon Team was meant to gather info on villains and stuff. Where do the black ops Heroes fit into that? Ever since I found out what black ops was I've been surprised Hero Factory has one in the RPG, but since they're here and all, do they serve under Recon Team? Or are they an independent group?

OOC: Personally I think that putting Amayika to work as a stunt double sounds like a cool idea, by the way. He's just... not really feeling it.

Also, been meaning to ask, but from what I remember, Hero Recon Team was meant to gather info on villains and stuff. Where do the black ops Heroes fit into that? Ever dice I found out what black ops was I've been surprised Hero Factory has one, but since they're here and all, do they serve under Recon Team? Or are they an independent group?

OOC: Black ops would have to be under Recon Team, because Recon Team covers all of the secret spy work. 

To be clear, Rocka is not a black ops hero - he has too much of a public persona for that. Neither is Fortis, technically, though he oversees that entire division. The reason that those two are dealing with this is to avoid violence between the two of them and their civilian charge, since there isn't any one else available. 

Unfortunately, Fortis is operating under black ops and Recon Team procedure instead of the larger Hero Factory one. 

-----------------------------------------------

The black ops thing was actually Lynn's/Scorp's invention back when he built Striker that Nato decided to roll with in making Vex, to my knowledge. I just let it happen because it's a RPG; I didn't see why there couldn't be one. Same with Kaiba Blader's backstory and the strange space station restaurant - it's just Scorp's odd RP'ing style, I suppose. I may have to clamp down on it eventually, but the problem is I don't see the problem with any of that right now. 

And he's not the only one who did that - Toa Onaku's "shady bar", Skull Shredder's library raids, etc. 

Frankly I already micro-manage this RPG to a certain level anyway, but you've got to give your players some wiggle room or you just go insane and everyone hates you because you control everything. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Oh, okay. Thank you!

Can't wait for my villain-turned-technically-Hero Factory employee. :D It pains me to have him not like the idea, because IC, it's not ideal for him. But it's so cool and I am all for it.

Oh, and yeah, fair enough. While I personally find black ops to be a bad fit for Hero Factory, that's a personal opinion, and I'm all for players introducing things for the RPG. I only have an issue when it completely contradicts canon entirely, or contradicts the canon of the RPG. Then it just gets confusing.

OOC: Nevermind.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

This couldn't be right. Hero Factory didn't have a black ops. It shouldn't have. Hero Factory was meant to be a group of do-gooders, doing, well, good, across the galaxy. Why would they have, need or want a group specifically for the purpose of framing other planets or governments for crimes?! This made no sense!

OOC: That's one extremely specific example, and certainly isn't representative of what Black Ops represents as a whole.

'Black Op' is a somewhat broad, generic term referring to any significant operation/mission/action carried out by a government, military, company, etc. that relies on a significant degree of deception or secrecy, usually to conceal who's behind it.

While that can sometimes include framing or implicating another person or group for a certain action, it's definitely not limited to just that. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Well, technically, the Ghost Town is inside the Grunge district, but nobody really goes there unless they have a really good reason to. Place gives off bad vibes, y'know?

OOC: Shellshredder knows no fear, he'd check out the area out of curiosity alone. :P

IC: Shellshredder- A ghost town, in the middle of this place?

As Shellshredder lurked his way through the alleyways, leaving behind of a trail of stunned robots foolish enough to try and mug him, he began to sense something, something that seemed to scream the word fear. As he unknowingly neared the ghost town, this feeling grew to a crescendo. He noticed, quite suddenly, that there were no living beings around. Whatever he was feeling, it seemed that anyone else nearby could feel it too. Considering the worthless crooks on the streets, he doubted that most mere robots like them would have the mental discipline to remain here for long.

He was not one of those lesser beings.

A place with such vibes could be useful to him. He could find a place here and use it as a storage space. No one from the rest of the Grunge would likely come to steal stuff here. After all, who was there to steal from?

This suddenly brought up another thought. If he had heard of the town previously he would have only accepted the vibes as superstition of the weak. However, he felt them too, even if they failed to affect him. This meant something, or someone, must be giving them off. As fun and interesting it would be to explore more, he decided to retrieve what cash he had stolen from his various victims and bury it in one of the alleyways. It didn't concern him overly if whoever ran this desolate place found and took his stash. There were always more crooks to get more from. He then left the ghost town, he had yet to discover how to get inside the government building.

OOC: If the ghost town is too small (or convolutedly buried) for him to really find on chance and the vibes alone or meant to be exclusively part of someone's story line then I'll take back this move. I hope this doesn't qualify as metagaming.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

OOC: So long as you don't have your character barge in on this thing we're doing, it's fine.

Location IC: Mechna - Dark Lair

The three beings descended down the stairs, further and further down, until they were surely at least fifty meters deep underground. It was then that they arrived at the bottom of the spiral stairwell, where it lead through a gothic looking archway into a large and dark chamber. There, a shadowy being stood, clad in robes that concealed them almost completely, with what little that should be visible of them hidden in what seemed to be living darkness, flowing from their very being.

"So." Necrissia started. "What can I do for you... Focus?"

---

IC: Lilith Specter

It took a whole lot of effort, but eventually Lilith managed to bring Captor to the Astral. "I'm here... I'm on board... but this hero is going to need some help..." Lilith was panting, which was actually her respiratory cooling system working hard to cool down her overheating systems after she had exerted herself in carrying Captor on board.

OOC: Merrick Fortis isn't in the Astral right now...he's off dealing with Striker, Amayika, Vex, and Rocka somewhere on the island. 

OOC: Edited.

I'll just find something for him to do later then.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: @Nato: I was just going by what I remembered Wikipedia said. I checked it a while ago, though, and checking it again reveals that the defining features of black ops is that it either hides the group who did it or blames it on someone else. So yeah fair enough. This still makes it something I, personally, doubt a group entirely dedicated to saving the galaxy and doing good would have, but again, that's a personal opinion and I have no issues with it being here. Also, unless you want me to edit, I'll leave it and say Amayika's either panicked enough to not remember properly or simply misread the Heropedia article on black ops like I did.

IC: Var Vicious
"What do you mean you crashed it?!!" Var asked furiously. That ship had been her pride and joy from even before she'd arrived in this strange galaxy. If the ship was crashed... oh boy, she didn't know what she was going to do. She doubted R4 was compatible with any other ship in this galaxy... not that she was sure she'd keep him after this. Best she could hope was that the ship could still be repaired. "Alright, just... send me the coordinates to the ship, and meet me there as soon as possible."

Meanwhile, she switched over to her channel to The Creator. "It seems my ride isn't going to be in any condition to deliver me away from this asteroid... Please tell me you have some means of transporting it back to the New Dawn?"

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: I don't know...

Sabotaging the efforts of one villainous organisation and blaming it on another would decrease the chances of the two forming an alliance and becoming an even bigger threat later, and similar tactics could be used to break up an already large group via infighting, so I can kind of see a division like that feasibly forming under the Hero Factory banner.

Dividing and conquering (or in this case, apprehending) is sometimes much easier than dealing with a force as a whole, after all.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: @Timeageness: it's an incredibly skeevy, secretive, shadowy tactic, and I personally don't feel like an organisation dedicated to the forces of good would be starting wars. Your reasons are legit, but I'd expect it more from the Galactic Conspiracy than Hero Factory, because of the sheer impact on civilian casualties and long-lasting relationships between factions. Hero Factory, I'd picture as being more set on stopping the corruption and evil in groups, rather than encouraging fights and collateral damage.

I see your point, and I understand you. I just, personally, don't see such a group that relies so heavily on being seen as a benevolent force and also strives to do good in the galaxy to use such sneaky, behind-the-backs-of-civilians tactics with such a high risk of collateral damage. That said, yes, I think there's always the possibility of exceptions so I'm not opposed to the idea, and as I've already said, these are my personal opinions and have no weighting on what's in the RPG itself. It's a case of me being fine with it in the RPG, but personally wouldn't include it in, say, a fanfiction. Or at least not a team specific for it- I don't think it'd be that frequent of an issue that they'd need specific Heroes for it, if there was one.

OOC: To each their own, I suppose.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Var Vicious

Meanwhile, she switched over to her channel to The Creator. "It seems my ride isn't going to be in any condition to deliver me away from this asteroid... Please tell me you have some means of transporting it back to the New Dawn?"

IC: The Creator - Dropship.

"No," he replied flatly, resisting the urge to give in to frustration, "We do not have the equipment or the time to carry out a salvage operation. Now, are you coming or not?"

I just, personally, don't see such a group that relies so heavily on being seen as a benevolent force and also strives to do good in the galaxy to use such sneaky, behind-the-backs-of-civilians tactics with such a high risk of collateral damage. 

OOC: I feel like this RPG has been taking on a much more realistic approach in regards to a lot of things. Not all of our characters are purity-pure goody-two-shoes nice guys, for example. They questions orders, make independent choices, are willing to go to more extreme lengths to take down villains, operate without teams, and so on.

As for the villains, a lot of the ones in this game are legitimate murderers and terrorists and career criminals, rather than the comparatively petty crooks who appeared in canon, and the existence of powerful factions with enough firepower to level the entire Hero Factory would definitely necessitate the existence of black ops teams, since fighting them directly has already proven to be disastrous. 

To add to that, the Mr Makuro of this game has already demonstrated that he's a lot more pragmatic than in canon, such as that time he invented a weapon specifically designed to melt organic beings into puddles of goop.  

IC: The Creator - Dropship.

Double-checking the fleshy vessel's GPS transponder, he listed off the coordinates to Var, then slumped down in the pilot's chair to wait for her, the droid, and Max to arrive.