Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

backup_daily_02.png11/7/12Whoever knows where the dialogue from the TV came from, you win a high-5.To all those who might care: My laptop wasn't completely broken, 2/3 of the screen was just gone. Since it still actually works, I was able to transfer the files I needed from it to my brother's laptop. This means I can resume updates to Season 2. My laptop screen should also be fixed possibly by Friday. It isn't really a sure fire date but at least its something.
needs_name.png

Also: I have created another later character for season 2, but I haven't decided a name for him. I can't tell you guy's his personality or role in the comics sadly, so you'll have to just think of a random name. What I can tell you however is that he isn't a lunatic like Akino, and he isn't Evil or anything. Hes also a neighbor. Try your best to make it sound... BIONICLE-ish...~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Haha, Gav's comics. Nice.I've been following your comics for awhile, and they're excellent. Really good humor and characters that are individuals rather than stereotypes.Also, as for the guy's name, Velst? I'm not wonderful with making BIONICLE-ish names.

[Cyrix]

Nice comic, soon enough we will all be watching tv!I'll pm you a bunch of bionicle-ish names when I get to my computer.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

No actual comic today, just another panel test.more_panel_testing.pngLinkThis time I'm testing the lamp's use as well as the television room.Television was created on a seperate layer so that when its covering people I can lower the opacity of it so the person is still visible, similar to how some video games make some objects lower in opacity so you can see your character. I'm thinking about maybe putting the Tv higher (its designed to be fixed on a wall), it seems a little too low.To all those who might be thinking "You forgot to make Ro's eyes glow", that was done on purpose. His eyes are currently on Night-vision mode and the glow would probably hurt a person's eyes in real life.I've also considered putting some sort of table near the couch, to let the characters have somewhere to put things such as drinks and such. Make the room more realistic.Also, for those who were giving names, I'm either going to use Vorian or Barry. I really like the name Vorian, but I also think the name Barry suits the character.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I love how the TV is magically levitating
It could be floor-mounted. There's no shadow. However, it could be a mistake as you say. Only Soran could tell.What really gets me is how all your critique is done in a sarcastic and snide manner with an offensive one-liner. Even my most poorly-written posts weren't that bad. Please stop that. I can just imagine you doing that to every single user in this forum, and it irks me.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I love how the TV is magically levitating
As explained in the overly large explanation, it was wall mounted. I can see how its unclear though. I am actually making some of the rooms in different angles, this room is specifically one. I'm currently working on a back view of the red couch.
It could be floor-mounted. There's no shadow. However, it could be a mistake as you say. Only Soran could tell.What really gets me is how all your critique is done in a sarcastic and snide manner with an offensive one-liner. Even my most poorly-written posts weren't that bad. Please stop that. I can just imagine you doing that to every single user in this forum, and it irks me.
Its mounted on the wall similar to how a lot of flat screens are in people's houses. Although his 'critique' is very sarcastic, it does help. The main difference between his current post and other posts is mainly just the size of it. He basically simplifies a paragraph to one sentence. Although sometimes it can be taken harshly, I don't really mind. If I didn't want any sarcastic/snide/rude/*insert adjective here* comments then I wouldn't have posted them online. Hes just your typical retired comic maker telling stories to all the newer comic forum viewers about when he was in his prime.~Soran

Just gonna throw this out there - I'm not being a jerk. I just like cynically reviewing stuff. I have no issues here - I really don't care about anything on this site anymore. Some guys just pointed me in the direction of your backgrounds, and I just thought it was so funny that I had to comment.I have no problem with this series. Actually, from what I've seen, it's one of the better series that the current comics forum has to offer. Many of the jokes are lackluster, but that comes more with experience than anything. And I'll readily admit that I turned out more awful comics than I did good ones.I will give Soran credit - graphically, he is probably in the top five or so modern authors that I've seen here. And he is also one of the only people I've seen that can come close to convincingly replicating my water effects. That's not easy, and he deserves credit for that.Don't take my criticism as anything more than (albeit cynical and sarcastic) advice on how to improve. We only improve through criticism. If people only praise your work, you will never learn what you need to improve on.

Edited by Nuparurocks

Not sure on the characterization there. I never really mentioned how he would react to honor vs. pie, especially when the pie's just on TV. Oh well, it was still funny. He'd probably have a mental breakdown and a seizure if faced with that conflict anyway.I liked the way he at first was grateful and then just forgot. Kinda like a classic "Uh nevermind that can wait a few more...days."Wait, when you run out of cast members...LOL. Soran walks in and...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Not sure on the characterization there. I never really mentioned how he would react to honor vs. pie, especially when the pie's just on TV. Oh well, it was still funny. He'd probably have a mental breakdown and a seizure if faced with that conflict anyway.I liked the way he at first was grateful and then just forgot. Kinda like a classic "Uh nevermind that can wait a few more...days."Wait, when you run out of cast members...LOL. Soran walks in and...
I have a feeling Leraku would chop the TV in half before Soran got in there. Soran is pretty much his best friend in soran's canon.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

TNG is half Transformer (Optimus Prime's grandson) and half Toa. Does that make him related to you, Ro? XDI expected more of a reaction, but the last panel makes me feel guilty even though I didn't actually do that. In other words, you did a great job on this arc!Awesome that you got your laptop fixed! Especially since mine almost needed it today. Low battery, power outage preventing me from being online all day, AKA it died due to no power whatsoever. Nearly messed up the files.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'm honestly going to hope Lera comes to cheer him up or something. That's probably what he'd do - something like that.
And I hope Bulik negates lera's cheering up.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Okay, to be honest... now i'm really dissapointed. That's really not what would happen...I specifically designed Ler to not be like that. If anything, the reason he wouldn't be around soran would be because he'd be tinkering in the garage. And not for the purpose of avoiding soran, he's just busy fixing things that the others have inevitably broken.Also.I spy an Akino in that thar background.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

I sees Akino too.Lighten up, Leraku. When someone breaks my character I don't get confrontational like that.Aw. Soran has a self-worth crisis. You could have TNG say that he was gonna tell him, but was distracted by pie. (Technically that was true. XD)Yes, Disneyland is much more entertaining than TV.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

081.png18/7/12Randomly cameoed whoever's sheet I could find which turned out to be Oneker. Pretty simple comic. Anyway, I'm sorry for the lack of comics recently, my internet is having issues. @Leraku: I'm using updated sheets/items/whatever in the next season.Speaking of which, I still have quite a bit to do for it. Mainly dealing with the kit and a few backgrounds. No initial release date at the moment sadly.