Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

That is a decent way of doing it, but it would essentially make the chosen abilities fall under an extra power rather than innate skills. I'm starting to think that perhaps anyone could dual-wield, but those with the appropriate feat/perk/whatever would benefit specifically from it. So you can put your points in Energy Recharge, perhaps, and then do average with most weapons; while someone with Dual-Wielding would excel at dishing out melee-range damage when having two weapons. maybe they get some special moves, like a dual-stab (attack with both weapons in the same strike), cross-block-counter (chance to disarm when struck while blocking), etc.This goes for things like two-handed weapons too. Someone with a spear + shield would be able to stab pretty fine, but would have a harder time with moves such as proper running thrusts. Possibly their strikes would deal less force (to break blocks) if they weren't dedicating both hands to the weapon.Two-handed projectile weapons might also have some severe accuracy penalty if fired with a shield in the other hand.I have a lot of writing on this subject now, I should probably compile and post it. :P

For some reason though, the exo-toa now seem to see me as a rahkshi of chameleon.

As in, they target you even when invisible?
exactly that.
same thing with me as well. I use a Huna and i'm not invisible.
Same here. I use the Huna, I become invisible, and I get attacked as if they see me.

I've been noticing a bug in Turahk's AI in versions 9.5 to 12.0 and possibly more(I haven't played before 9.5 and haven't seen it in 12.5) in which I have observed (as a rahkshi of chameleon, with no other bots in sight) Turahk standing still, as one would expect, but repeatedly firing fear beams in the direction he is facing, as if he sees something. This is odd because, first, there is nothing visible that his AI would define as a foe, and, second, if the AI is "seeing" me, it doesn't seem to be handling me correctly. I haven't noticed this glitch in any other bots.

Something else I've noticed is when I spawn next to a rama hive (or an exo-toa before they stopped acknowledging my invisibility entirely in 12.5) as a rahkshi of chameleon, they see me in the short time before I turn invisible, and they don't realize that I've become invisible until quite a few seconds after the fact. I haven't seen this in any other bots, and I think maybe "they" haven't been told that a higher DEX makes me turn invisible faster. I don't know if that is what's been causing it, but that is my hunch.

I haven't tested either of these bugs as a toa with a volitak or a huna, but I think at least maybe the turahk glitch may be present, and others above have confirmed exo-toa targeting invisible players. As for the "invisibility delay", I don't know if they act the same for a huna or a volitak.

Edited by Malignus

bBhcfWO.png

I've been noticing a bug in Turahk's AI in versions 9.5 to 12.0 and possibly more(I haven't played before 9.5 and haven't seen it in 12.5) in which I have observed (as a rahkshi of chameleon, with no other bots in sight) Turahk standing still, as one would expect, but repeatedly firing fear beams in the direction he is facing, as if he sees something. This is odd because, first, there is nothing visible that his AI would define as a foe, and, second, if the AI is "seeing" me, it doesn't seem to be handling me correctly. I haven't noticed this glitch in any other bots.

If it is not moving to attack you, then the AI has in fact lost track of you. It sounds like the variable that toggles attacking is not reset properly. It is strange that it happens only in Turahk, since every Rahkshi power supposedly uses the same code for firing. I shall look into it.

Something else I've noticed is when I spawn next to a rama hive (or an exo-toa before they stopped acknowledging my invisibility entirely in 12.5) as a rahkshi of chameleon, they see me in the short time before I turn invisible, and they don't realize that I've become invisible until quite a few seconds after the fact. I haven't seen this in any other bots, and I think maybe "they" haven't been told that a higher DEX makes me turn invisible faster. I don't know if that is what's been causing it, but that is my hunch.

The enemies that are not player simulations check for only one thing when it comes to invisibility, and that is how transparent you are. If you are below their "sight limit", they are supposed to ignore you as a target. When Exo-Toa lose their target, they stop triggering any more AI code. This has led to a few small glitches, such as a shot from their cannon freezing in the middle of the animation, or their walk speed not resetting to 0 after their target gets away. If they kill you they usually stop properly, since they have then finished their "shoot" script and are also already at a stand-still from firing. But if you just escape their view, they will keep going. Nui-Rama are somewhat similar, in that they will not always slow down immediately.

I haven't tested either of these bugs as a toa with a volitak or a huna, but I think at least maybe the turahk glitch may be present, and others above have confirmed exo-toa targeting invisible players. As for the "invisibility delay", I don't know if they act the same for a huna or a volitak.

The invisibility code is the same across each power. The Volitak stops fading at a near-invisible level, while the Huna and the Chameleon power has 0 opacity as the stopping point. It seems I have made a mistake somewhere, thus making enemies always see you.If any of you remember, originally turning on the Fire Sword's power or similar would make everyone see you again. After I rewrote my "sight" code way back, this no longer happens, but AI have still been set to (at least sometimes) shut off their weapon powers while cloaking. They will also turn off cloak if lit on fire, to prevent wasting EP when they are possible to see anyways.I will look into the code for enemy detection, and see where I've gone wrong.

It's just spy-checking, probably.I have tested the invisibility problem for a bit. First: I could find no direct problem with Chameleon. Exo-Toa are supposed to see you down to 50% opacity, and ditto for Nui-Rama. A Chameleon at level 1 has 50% opacity while not using its power. Using that, I got targeted by the enemies, like I should be. Activating the primary power (turning the level 1 Rahkshi's opacity down to 10%) made them lose track of me. I still got shot once or twice because another enemy was nearby, but when encountering an Exo-Toa or Nui-Rama alone they would not make any move towards me. This holds true for the Huna as well.Now, the Exo-Toa, when it loses its target, will keep doing whatever it was doing when it lost its target. If it was walking it will keep walking, while if it had just fired a shot it will stand still and wait for the next target. Cloaking in front of one might therefore cause it to keep moving, but it will no longer target you.Nui-Rama are the problem here. If you cloak and walk up to one, you will see that it does not mind you at all. It cannot target you, for you are too transparent. However, if you let it see you and then you cloak, then it will still target you. The only way to be lost from a Nui-Rama's view at the moment is to have it target someone else. I will fix this ASAP, but for now, that is the problem.If it looks like the Exo-Toa is chasing you even when invisible, I dare say it's due to a nearby Nui-Rama or player bot who happens to be the robot's new target. After my testing, I can not find any other error that would make the Exo-Toa target you when invisible.Oh, by the way: If you want to test out something rather silly, then equip the Mahiki and try to use it. I was doing some testing in regards to the eventual Shapeshifting and some other functions, and used the Mahiki as my test trigger. I forgot to disable it for the release, so you can enjoy it for now. :PNote: This is not the actual Mahiki power I have in mind, it is JUST a test function. Once you use it you also lose all control of your character, so you must sit back and wait for them to be killed before you can do anything else. No kills or deaths are counted from its use. On the bright side, this helped me locate and fix the "stuck in respawn" issue.

What are you supposed to do in the maps other than Karda Nui?

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the moment? Nothing except fuel your lust for mindless murder with no repercussions (except being mindlessly murdered in return, then doing it all over again). The game versions are called "alpha" simple because this is actually still not a fully functional game. I'm slow, I know.If you go to the right side of Ta-Koro you can find a trigger that spawns the Toa Mata for you to fight... though the current programming means that they will often hit each other as much as they will hit you. :) Edited by Katuko

At the moment? Nothing except fuel your lust for mindless murder with no repercussions (except being mindlessly murdered in return, then doing it all over again). The game versions are called "alpha" simple because this is actually still not a fully functional game. I'm slow, I know.If you go to the right side of Ta-Koro you can find a trigger that spawns the Toa Mata for you to fight... though the current programming means that they will often hit each other as much as they will hit you. :)

Friendly fire is bad for this. The toa keep stealing my kills.

bBhcfWO.png

Friendly fire is bad for this. The toa keep stealing my kills.

Nah, kill-stealing would be Makuta teleporting in to Power Scream y'all off the side of the map. What's going on right now is more like the Toa Mata being a bunch of noobs. ;D

the mahiki thing is pure win. please tell me that I will be able to use it to shapeshift into and control an exo-toa. please?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

the mahiki thing is pure win. please tell me that I will be able to use it to shapeshift into and control an exo-toa. please?

The Mahiki will have illusion powers. While shapeshifting might be part of that illusion, it is only visual shapeshifting. You would not gain any powers or abilities you do not already have from it. Rahkshi of Shapeshifting will have the ability to shape themselves into different controllable things. I am not 100% certain that they will be able to shapeshift into Exo-Toa (unlike something weak like Nui-Rama I imagine I'd force them to at least touch the robot first, to "copy" it), but they will certainly be able to use creatures about their own size.It will be possible to control a defeated Exo-Toa at some point in the future. Up until now I simply had trouble with putting the player in the cockpit without causing the game to think that they are dead and should respawn. Now, however, I have managed to avoid that, and at the same time fixed the error where a dead player would not trigger respawn in certain situations.

So I played as the Exo-Pyro on Karda Nui.To fight the Exo-Pyro.And then afterwards, died and fought a CPU with overcharge using overcharge....Katuko, you are amazing.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

So I played as the Exo-Pyro on Karda Nui.To fight the Exo-Pyro.And then afterwards, died and fought a CPU with overcharge using overcharge....Katuko, you are amazing.

I know. :lol: It's a commentary about how we strive to gain power, but end up losing control, and then eventually your own tactics come back to bite you. Except not really, I'm just messing around here.exo_rahkshi.png

Since Rahkshi don't have an Absorb ability, I will probably use that key to let you cycle through forms. If we assume that you are using the default of R, then pressing R would copy whatever you are standing next to (if it's larger than yourself or a form you don't have by default), R+Up and R+Down would cycle through the available forms. While shapeshifted, your EP would slowly drain. You would turn back to normal either by letting it run out or by pressing R.

what would be the display for that? would it be random, or would there be a little picture in...say, the top right corner of the thing you want to shapeshift into? and how would that work for a Mahiki? I don't think you'll be able to use R as a key, as it's Eminate so...

Previously known as Aiwendil.

An update: Just now I was playing as Vorahk and was inside the Codrex, while a Turahk was outside, and Turahk was firing fear beams.

The Turahk will just fire off fear beams even if no one is there. Kinda annoying, actually.

It's just scared. ;)

Also, no idea if this would work, might be too complex, but an idea for the Mahiki-

Pressing the key to activate your mask once when targeting an enemy selects that enemy, then pressing again makes you look like them and (maybe) have the same weapon or something... but the weapon and attacks, despite looking like your enemy's attacks, would still have the same effects as your own normal ones.

If it was a Toa you were copying, you obviously couldn't use their mask, as attempting that would deactivate the Mahiki.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Can the toa become exo-toa?And if they can,how?

At the moment, I forgot to remove a test function from the Kanohi Mahiki (Mask of Illusion). If you try to use it, your Toa will be turned into either a Nui-Rama, an Exo-Toa or the Pyro boss. It's completely random, and you lose all control of your character until the new form gets destroyed. As said, it's just a test function, but you will be able to take control of Exo-Toa in the future. I believe I've found a way to program that now. Edited by Katuko

You know what weapons I wish to see in here.

• Antroz's blades
  • Bat Wings (from Vamprah)
  • Chirox's blades
  • Bitil's blades
  • Gelu's Ice Slicer
  • Zamor Sphere Launcher

Now elemental powers would be...

• Iron secondary (or was it primary)
  • Earth emanate
  • Water emanate
  • Stone emanate
  • Psionc powers

Oh, I would also like to see Nuju's Crystal Spikes.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

You know what weapons I wish to see in here.

I don't have proper sprites for the Makuta weapons at the moment. There are some in pre-existing Rayg kits, but they are either not all that good, or they are awkwardly shaped. Antroz's sword is big and curved, and the one I have is drawn at an angle. I will have to make new sprites of those before they can be added.bitil_sword.pngI have this sprite I made of Bitil's sword, if that is close enough. Set image..

Gelu's Ice Slicer

Draw me a proper one and it might get in. Don't expect to see a large amount of Bara Magna stuff, though..

Zamor Sphere Launcher

It will be added at the same time as other projectile weapons in the new engine..

• [*]Iron secondary (or was it primary)[*]Earth emanate[*]Water emanate[*]Stone emanate[*]Psionic powers

Emanate powers will wait. The Iron secondary is in the planning stage as far as code goes, ditto for Psionic powers. Their effects are mostly thought out, but I have to be clever about the programing..

Oh, I would also like to see Nuju's Crystal Spikes.

I'm debating with myself whether I should get some better sprites or not before I add the Metru and Hordika weapons.I'll probably be adding the Metru sprites as a style choice for Toa, by the way. Rahkshi get a bit left out as far as sprite choices go, but I'll see about getting that spine selection in already. Maybe I can just let Rahkshi cycle "color zones", as well. Plus, they'll sooner or later get some unique sprites due to their slightly different flight mechanics, etc. Edited by Katuko

what will the psionic powers be?

An invisible mental blast which ignores all defenses will be the primary, if memory serves. The secondary will be some kind of telekinetic technique, I believe.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

what will the psionic powers be?

The primary will be some sort of mind wave. I kind of want it to be able to stun, push or disorient the enemy with no chance of being blocked (since it is a mental attack) but I'm not sure of how I'll make it work, exactly. The Absorb skill will be to make objects levitate. Unlike Gravity, the lifted object (or beings) will stay suspended in mid-air and not fly off.As with most abilities that hinder movement, I must take care not to make it too annoying but also not so weak that it is useless.The secondary will be a telekinetic shield that bounces away projectiles and melee attackers. It costs a bit more EP than a Hau, but it protects from all directions. Exact functionality in the new engine still to be determined, given that both the Hau and the Plasma secondary will undergo some changes. Edited by Katuko

I know. :lol: It's a commentary about how we strive to gain power, but end up losing control, and then eventually your own tactics come back to bite you. Except not really, I'm just messing around here.exo_rahkshi.png

Exo-Rahkshi?

Pure genius.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)