Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

X-Men: Darkest Days

X-Men Mutants Superheroes Marvel Roleplaying

  • Please log in to reply
20576 replies to this topic

#17521 Offline Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,827 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 11:07 AM

IC

 

If there was one thing he'd been born to be, besides a thief, a comedian, and a pro poker player, Renè decided it was a barista.

 

With a flick of his wrist, he launched a splash of milk from the pitcher before sucking away its kinetic energy, leaving it hanging in the air, almost motionless and gently steaming. Gently, ever so gently, he poured a shot of espresso into the cup, then let go of the free-floating milk and let it slide in, smooth and creamy and full of foamy goodness that suddenly turned into a half-sweet vanilla latte. Who knew?

 

It was alchemy, Renè grinned as he handed the drink off to a customer before starting on a double Americano misto with soy. Delicious alchemy.


  • 0

2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<3


#17522 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

  • 11,231 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 04:36 PM

[color=#4b0082;]IC:[/color]

 

[color=#4b0082;]"No way."[/color]

 

[color=#4b0082;]The Ford Taurus had been ditched; Dallas had decided somewhere around Knoxville that the car was somehow contaminated, despite Angela's protests that the Ultimate X-Man was wrong and that Kansas was not a naturally occurring toxin. In its place, the ever-tricky Dallas had "acquired" (read: tossed the salesman in the passenger's seat out of the car during the test drive) a BMW M3. The Delmarva area had been long abandoned, though, and now they were somewhere by...Pittsburg? Lake Erie? Who knew.[/color]

 

[color=#4b0082;]Despite the perpetually grey skies of middle America, they had actually arrived in the morning, so the better part of the day had been spent driving petal to the metal, and now the late part of night was just starting to give way to the early part of morning when Dallas Green stopped at a local Pennsylvania Starbucks to grab himself a quick mochachino. Of all people he had expected to see working the counter as he walked in the door with Angela - maybe a cute hipster girl, maybe some disgruntled ex-indie musician who got screwed over by the major labels a little too hard - he hadn't expected to see Rene LeBeau.[/color]

 

[color=#4b0082;]"Of all the places I reunite with the love of my life, it's a backwoods Penn state Starbucks," Dallas crowed, crossing the gap from the door to the counter in the space of a half second and holding Rene's outstretched hand of greeting in both of his, a mercurial grin on his face as his black tresses fell over one electric blue eye from the force of the high-five. Dallas set both hands on the counter and winked playfully with his unconcealed eye.[/color]

 

[color=#4b0082;]"Whassa matter, Blonde Monster? Did you finally realize that you suck at earning money from card games and you decided to work for a living, like the rest of society?"[/color]

 

-Tyler


  • 0

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~


#17523 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 08:34 PM

IC: Ben nodded. "Sure. I go to silicon valley all the time." 

IC: Shaw, Malus

 

Shaw looked back at Malus, who nodded.

"Alright," he said, placing his hand on Ben's shoulder, "we'll start there."


  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

 


#17524 Offline Grimdark Pony

Grimdark Pony
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 10:20 PM

IC: Fauna

 

Fauna sat on her mother's couch, deep in thought. After hearing all that had happened, Susan had told her that it would be best to go back to the mansion. A large crash brought her back to the real world as soon as Fauna took off her jacket.

 

"Oh, honey. Where did that come from?!" Susan exclaimed. Fauna looked down towards where her mother was staring. A sharp gasp escaped her lips when she saw all of the blood that had stained her shirt. Spots were starting to swim in front of her eyes when she noticed how bad that knife wound looked.

 

"Well, I guess I'll being going to the hospital now." Fauna said, staggering out the door with her anxious mother trailing her.

 

OOC: Open to interaction from anyone who might be in the outskirts of Las Vegas.


Edited by The Phoenix, Feb 25 2013 - 10:21 PM.

  • 0

#17525 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 25 2013 - 10:45 PM

IC: [color=#000080;]Hank[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Beast frowned, “The X-Men is neither,” he said. “We are peacekeepers and protectors of innocent humans and mutants,” Hank said. “Beyond that our goal is to help human and mutant relations.” Hank said. “You must be listening to what the media is saying about us, and I have to say it’s a bit skewed.”[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Hank reclined back on the couch, “It is a recruiting ground yes, but we do not force students to join, nor would we approach someone who was so against it such as yourself,” Hank said.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“The new X-Men aren’t perfect, they’ve had their failures… but they have done good; and they have the capacity to do more good.”[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“The Brotherhood, the situation in Las Vegas, those are terrorists.” Hank said. “Enough about the X-Men though, what is important is that the school is one of a kind. It is a refuge for mutants such as yourself and a place you can be free from the blind hate and racism of normal humans. You would be surrounded by people just like yourself.”[/color]

 

IC: [color=#0000cd;]Romulus[/color] (Hellfire Mansion)

 

[color=#0000cd;]There was a flash of light and Romulus appeared alongside the Hellfire mage, Leer. “That will be enough; it seems the skill required is beyond your reach.” Romulus snarled as he brushed past the Egyptian mage. Leer’s efforts to release Fenris have been a total waste. The ancient mutant was infuriated. Fenris had to be freed… there had to be a way.[/color]

 

IC: [color=#008080;]Feral[/color] (Abandoned House, Las Vegas)

 

[color=#008080;]John slipped into the abandoned house. He knew that Nathan, Jesika, Matt and the body of Jeremy were inside using his sense of smell. “Alright, we need to get to the outskirts of the city, to a field or something so we can call Beast and get the heII out of here.”[/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17526 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 06:17 AM

IC: [color=#008080;]The last time he had come to Manhattan, it was under far less enjoyable circumstances. But with a distinct lack of chaos in his life, at least as far as he was aware, Spencer was far more capable of enjoying the sights and attractions the Big Apple had to offer. And admittedly, it felt good to not be holed up at the institute for a while. Things were simply getting stuffy over there, and no word was being passed through the school as to the status of the X-Men's mission, so it wasn't as if the students and faculty could do much more than be tense and hope for the best.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]Spencer was in no mood for such thumb twiddling.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]At the very least, if he was going to be twiddling his thumbs, Spencer was intent on doing it with some different scenery. So, Manhattan.[/color]


  • 0

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."


#17527 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 06:41 AM

IC:"The definition of a terrorist is someone who uses violence or intimidation to further a political goal. That's what you do, isn't it? You fight, you try and protect, to change the way politics view mutants." An eyebrow raised. "Despite what you seem to think, I've done my research."

 

"Further, you admit that the school is a recruiting ground. In essence, you're pulling in teenagers who are just looking for a place to belong, and preying on their basic desires to do good. Every child, and many teenagers, want to be heroes. You're luring them into a life of violence with insubstantial promises of peace. After all, what good did your generation of the team accomplish? If anything, things are worse for mutants now than they ever were in your times."

 

The teenager's arms uncrossed, and she slipped her hands into her pocket. "On a less confrontational note, there are other reasons for my resistance. The local thugs have been trying to push me out of this area for years. If I leave, I am, in essence, giving in.""Give me one good reason why I should leave."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17528 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 12:55 PM

IC: [color=#000080;]Hank[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“We fight but we do not practice intimidation,” Beast said. “We fight because someone has too.” He said. “If we didn’t fight… if we stood back and let things happen then America as we know it would be in shambled. Washington would have been destroyed and the chain of command disrupted until another leader could have been appointed, during that time we would have been very open to more Brotherhood attacks.” Hank said.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“Not only that but we’ve stopped a war by saving the life of the President’s daughter and taken down Weapon-X, one of the biggest terrorist assassination and terrorist[/color]

[color=#000080;]Organization’s around.”[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“Things are worse now, but that is largely because of what happened seventeen years ago.” Hank said. “My generation of X-Men accomplished many things, too many to retell at this time. We saved the world a hundred times over and actually helped mutant and human relations greatly before things have regressed.”[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“This team is still fairly new; they have a lot to learn and the capacity to do great things. They all know before signing up the danger. I don’t glorify being an X-Man to them. They all know it is necessary and feel the weight on their shoulders.”[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Hank thought for a moment. “They would be in a sense yes, but you would also be rid of them interfering with your life,” Hank said. “Tell me, what is your power Tera? What would happen if you lost control or ended up accidently killing one of these thugs?”[/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17529 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 02:34 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]IC:[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]"We could try to steal a car," Christopher suggested. He and his double appeared alongside John.[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]"It wouldn't be hard for me and Chris to steal a car big enough to carry almost all of us. One of those... Vans? Is that what they're called?"[/color]


  • 0

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

 

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

 

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

 


#17530 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 03:12 PM

IC:"My powers are my business. And not that it is relevant, but that wouldn't happen. Unlike most, I've put in the time to learn to control my ability. Anything they could do to shake that control would put them well past the line into what you would call "evil"."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17531 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 04:53 PM

OOC: Well, it's about time I posted here, so why not post a jam?

 

GM sections provided by The Knight of Snarkines- I mean, Krayzikk. ;3

 

GM IC:



 

It was just after nightfall, in the ever increasing gloom of the Brotherhood’s second night on their new home. The island nation’s defenses, few as they were, were prepared and ready. A forcefield, maintained by about half a dozen mutants at a time, covered the settlement, protecting it from any attackers. A handful of sentries patrolled the edges of this shield, peering into the gloom in an attempt to keep watch. It was the best they could muster, with so many of their combatants gone. The constant Brotherhood attacks over the past few months had taken a heavy toll.

 

And it was under this cover of darkness that the first wave slipped in. They moved in on silent rowboats, half a dozen personnel to each one of the several crafts. Each one wore the latest in Enforcer armor, black as night and more armored than the last edition. The culmination of decades of research, they had quite a few nasty surprises packed away. These were the best of the best, the Enforcer’s special forces. They were the first wave. 

With a quiet scrape, they grounded themselves on the shore, jumping out and staying low to the ground. They’d picked a section of coastline more or less invisible to the main settlement, allowing them to land unnoticed. Their armor blended in, rendering them camouflaged to anyone who might have been looking from a distances. 


 

One, leader of the group, drew a radio from his belt and tuned it to an encrypted channel. 

“This is Alpha. We’re in position.”


* * *

 

“First wave in in position.”

A voice called across the bridge from the communications station. Standing in the center of the room was a tall man in military dress, staring through the window. He was the captain of the ship, and operational head of this mission. This placed him in command not only of the vessel on which he stood, but all the others arranged around it.

 

The group currently resting a few miles from Genosha’s shores, unnoticed on the dark horizon, consisted of several ships. Three stealth guided missile destroyers, each one designed to appear smaller on radar then they actually were, formed the majority of the group’s attack strength. A single missile cruiser acted as heavy weapons, with targets already locked on the Genosha settlement. But all of these ships were arrayed around a single larger one. A carrier, similar in form and function to an aircraft carrier, housed command of the strike group. It was smaller than a traditional aircraft carrier, with two tunnel like launch bays on either side, in addition to the main launch deck. It had been designed for use with weapons originally built by the Enforcers, but the design was slowly leaking into navy use as well.

 

“And Delta?”

 



“On their way, sir. They were redirected a few hours ago. They should be arriving in an hour at most. The other squadrons are already standing by.”

 

“Good. Tell Alpha to wait for the signal, then move in. In the mean time, order the rest of the group to commence firing on the pre-approved coordinates. Move in to optimum firing range.”



 

“Aye, sir.”

 

As one, each of the destroyers fired a single round of missiles, all aimed for the settlement. The projectiles lit up the sky, bright points flying inexorably forward. They impacted against Genosha’s forcefield, exploding loudly. The shield held, but with only a few mutants to power it, it wouldn’t be able to hold up to the onslaught for long. Even now, a second round was already being launched.

 

From the other side of the settlement, the initial strike force watched, waiting for their signal to move in.

 

* * *

 

Several hours ago, over the American Midwest, Jayne turne don his comm channel. They'd finally escaped whatever was jamming it a while back.

 

"Delta Three to Enforcer base. Threat neutralized, ground teams are working on sweeping the area for potential escapees. Returning to base."

 

"Acknowledged, Del-"

 

A voice cut over the comm, cutting off the operator in midsentence.  It was clearly female, with an unidentifiable accent.  "Negative Delta Three, operation House Cleaning has begun, divert course to staging area Bravo Four."

 

Although she had been reassured that it was a secure channel, Veronica wasn't going to take any chances with not using codenames.

 

"..." Jayne's eyebrows raised under his helmet. He wasn't too surprised at the operation itself, but the timing was bold. It made sense, though. With the X-Men occupied, no one would be coming to the Brotherhood's aid. "Understood. ETA... Four hours, at maximum speed."

 

"I take it supplies will be on hand upon arrival?"

 

"Affirm-" There was a slight static over the comm, as if some subsonic boom had failed to transmit, "-ative, Delta.  Initial bombardment is going to begin, we await your arrival."

 

"Command out."


  • 0

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"


#17532 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 08:13 PM

IC: 415

 

"This is 415, I am in position," Aaron whispered into his commlink, "I have Alpha covered."

He had managed to climb his way up a beachside cliff, ghille suit and all, and was currently staring through the scope of his rifle down at the squad making their way across the beach. At his side rested his trusty crossbow and a few explosive bolts.

"Switching to thermal optics."

He flicked a switch on his scope and his view went white for a brief moment, but soon faded into a blue-scale view of the landscape. Anything that was warm enough to be an average human body showed up as a blend of yellow and orange hues.

But then again, his targets weren't exactly average, were they?


  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

 


#17533 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 09:25 PM

OOC: Also note that there is a large metal wall around the city, about twenty feet thick and 50 feet high.

 

IC: [color=#000080;]Beast[/color] (New York)

 

[color=#000080;]The large blue furred mutant smiled, “Indeed they are,” Hank said. “Well it seems that you have all the counter answers,” Hank said. “I can’t force you to attend the school nor would I ever want too.” He said as he got up.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“All I can do now is to invite you to the school for a tour. To let you see what it’s like with your own eyes. Stop by any time you’d like if you’re curious.” Beast said as he walked towards the door.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day. If you ever need to reach me, here’s my card.” Beast said as he handed Tera a card that read Dr. Hank McCoy across the front and showed a small picture of the smiling blue giant.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Beast then opened the door and slipped outside.[/color]

 

IC: [color=#a52a2a;]Quicksilver[/color], [color=#ff0000;]Scorcher[/color], [color=#696969;]Destruction[/color] (Genosha)  

 

[color=#a52a2a;]Pietro suddenly sat up in bed as he heard explosions tear through the night. He glanced at the window in time to see the missiles impacting the glowing blue force-field making the areas impacted flare red for a moment before they turned blue once again. They were under attack.[/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]Quicksilver levitated his helmet over to him before he slipped it over his head. It was certainly the Enforcers. They had come to finish what they’d started at the warehouse. But the Brotherhood was more prepared now, they were expecting this.[/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]Pietro had made sure that at least sixty combat ready mutants were awake at all hours, taking shifts. Even now the group would be charging through the city, towards the source of the attacks. More force-field users would certainly move in now to help keep the wall in place.[/color]

 

[color=#a52a2a;]Pietro opened his balcony to the night air and stepped outside. He was about forty stories up within his massive Brotherhood tower he’d built. He then stepped off the edge; levitating into the air. “Stand ready my Brotherhood we must defend our new home.” He said into the com in his helmet.[/color]

 

[color=#ff0000;]Scorcher charged through the streets alongside his brother. His lungs burned for air as he ran. They were under attack, again.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]“Are you ready for this brother?” Caden said from beside Scorcher with a glint of yellow eyes.[/color]

 

[color=#ff0000;]“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Kane said as they continued to run; their contingent of defender mutants grim and ready to protect their new home.[/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17534 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 09:53 PM

IC:"Oi, Dr. McCoy."

 

A voice sounded from behind Beast, even as he walked down the hallway. Tera stood just outside her apartment's door, watching the departing man. "I'll be coming with you."

 

Before he could ask why, a slight smirk crossed her face. "You convinced me. And no, it wasn't the spiel about why I should join. What convinced me was the fact that you gave up when your position become untenable."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17535 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 10:07 PM

IC: 415

 

As Aaron swept his view across the area, something caught his eye through the thermal scope: a few flashes or glimpses of orange and yellow now and then somewhere off in the distance. They were moving quickly, and they were nowhere near the first wave of Enforcer ground troops, so it was unlikely they were friendlies.

"Command," he whispered, "This is 415. I may be picking up movement, likely a Brotherhood counterattack. Can you confirm?"


Edited by The Zytrix, Feb 26 2013 - 10:09 PM.

  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

 


#17536 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 10:17 PM

IC: [color=#000080;]Beast[/color] (New York)

 

[color=#000080;]Hank smiled at Tera, "My, my I wasn't expecting this at all," Hank said. "Be my guest." Hank said as he approached his Jeep and then climbed into the open cab and into the driver's seat.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"There aren't may vehicles that fit comfortably for me." Hank explained. [/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17537 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 11:19 PM

IC:Tera followed, after grabbing a duffel bag and what looked suspiciously like a punching bag from the apartment, tossing them in the backseat, and climbing into the passenger side seat."I can see why."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17538 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 11:42 PM

IC: [color=#ee82ee;]Dana woke with a start as booms and crashes resounded across the island. Glancing out of the window of her impromptu living quarters, the remains of explosions and the new blooms of more recent ones streaked across the visible portion of the forcefield, disrupting it's peaceful blue glow with angry splotches of red, hinting at more damage than Dana cared to think about. [/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Deciding panicking was the least intelligent course of action, Dana quickly snapped an air of indifference over her less than stellar emotional state, and began gathering her belongings. Being ready to depart should things go south sounded like a good first plan of action.[/color]

 

---

 

[color=#b22222;]A few buildings over, Israel chuckled as he stared out the window at the beginnings of chaos.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Would you look at that. Things are getting nasty for us already. How surprising." Israel mocked aloud, grabbing his coat from the back of the chair he had been sitting in moments before.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Well, never let it be said that Israel Cody isn't a fan of crazy parties. Let's welcome chaos." the man spoke in a grim, but proud manner, a bad feeling racing down his spine. One he chose to ignore for now.[/color]


  • 0

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."


#17539 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

  • 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 12:39 AM

[color=#006400;]IC: Nathan [/color]

 

[color=#008080;]“Alright, we need to get to the outskirts of the city, to a field or something so we can call Beast and get the heII out of here.”[/color]

 

[color=#006400;]I looked at John as if he was out of his mind. "Look, I know you have a healing factor so it can be easy to forget, but most of us are in no condition to go anywhere, least of all to get out of the city unnoticed." I for one wasn't willing to risk going out there and getting caught, at least not just yet. My broken wing wasn't helping matters either, the pain was barely tolerable. And of course I had Jesika, trying to tell her to stay put while I went out there would be next to impossible. [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]"Calling Beast though, now that's a good idea. Unfortunately, my cell has no signal what-so-ever. And I half suspect we have the Enforcers to thank for that, they're blocking all communications besides their own. Either that or I'm giving them way more credit then they deserve. At any rate, even if Beast could get here with another Blackbird or whatever other aircraft we have hiding under the institute, I seriously doubt he could reach us undetected, the Enforcers will be prepared for it." [/color]

 

[color=#006400;]I sighed. "I think our only option right now is just laying low and waiting this out, as terrible as that sounds it's really the best shot we have." [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]IC: Jeffery Pryde - Hospital, Las Vegas -[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Jeff decided he'd waited long enough, sure it had only been about a minute since he came to, but he found it somewhat strange that absolutely no one was around, not even a nurse had come to check on him. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Then again, with all the patients the hospital was currently being flooded with, it really wasn't that surprising, though Jeff didn't see it that way. The only thing on his mind was finding out how Gabriel was doing. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Despite how much is body screamed for him to just stay where he was, Jeff began to sit up again, or he tried too, he found his arms unable move.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]It only took him a second to realize he was in restrains. What the ******!? He had some sort of cuffs on each of his wrists, well that was quite unnerving.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]No biggie, he could always just phase out of the cuffs, it was as easy as blinking. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Or at least, it should have been. Jeff pulled on the cuffs as he attempted to activate his powers, but to his dismay nothing happened. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Jeff collapsed back onto the bed, breathing heavily in a panicky sort of way. This had never happened before, granted he'd never been hospitalized before, but waking up in restrains and finding your powers not working seemed like a good reason to panic. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]He yanked on the restrains repeatedly, he only stopped when the pain in his wrists became too much for him and he had tired himself out. Slowly he allowed himself to calm down a bit so he could actually think about his situation. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]After a few minutes of just pondering, the only concussion his mind could come up with was that the Enforcers had to be responsible, they must of seen him using his powers while he'd been fighting those terrorists in the city. Who else had the ability to disable a mutants powers? They must have used one of those power inhibiting drugs on him, he'd heard rumors that the enforcers had developed some sort of drug that would disable mutant abilities temporarily. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]He knew sooner or later someone was going to pay him a visit, probably no one he wanted to see. Well, this is a fine mess you've gotten yourself into Jeff....mom is going to kill me.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]He wasn't sure what he was more afraid of, facing the Enforcers or his mom. [/color]


Edited by Snelly, Feb 27 2013 - 12:42 AM.

  • 0

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5


#17540 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,033 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 03:05 AM

IC: MIchael McKnight

 

The Jibryaail swung lazily around, staring off towards the horizon, its optical sensors pulsing slowly. Within the cockpit of the mechanical titan, a small grin appeared on Michael's face, the young enforcer rather eager to engage in the excitement of the mission they were too partake in.

 

"So Three," he said nonchalantly. "It looks like we'll be taking out some trash today. Race you there?"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#17541 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 09:33 AM

IC: [color=#006400;]"Look, I know you have a healing factor so it can be easy to forget, but most of us are in no condition to go anywhere, least of all to get out of the city unnoticed."[/color]

 

"Well then," said Alec, checking the components of his arm for damage, "Sounds like you need a distraction. I'm still fit enough to run, guess that makes me the distracter. I'll go out there, try to pull an Alan Grant on them. You guys make like two scared kids under attack from a T-Rex and run for it."

 

He looked at the assembled remains of the X-Men teams,"Okay, so on the count of three then?"

 

 

IC: Magnitude grunted as he was roused from sleep. The sound of a bombardment was unmistakable. He swiftly pulled on his costume and headed out t see where the attack was coming from, staying at a normal size for now. He'd learnt from the warehouse attack that going large right from the get-go just made him a target


  • 0

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.


#17542 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:44 AM

IC:

 

A voice that sounded like they were doing too much at once reply to Aaron's call.  "415 this is Command," one of the officers on the bridge of the battleship, the vairous moniters place infront of him show maps of the area.  He placed a hand to the side of his head as if listening to someone.  "Air Support confirms hostile movement in your sector, stand by."

 

The officer turned to another on the bridge, and nodded.  "415 this is Command, ground units have been advised of enemy movement, and have been diverted around hostiles.  Command out."


  • 0

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"


#17543 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:58 AM

IC: [color=#000080;]Beast[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Hank chuckled and waited until Tera had strapped herself in and tossed her bag into the back before he turned on the car and began to drive down the road; heading back towards the mansion.[/color]

 

IC: [color=#008080;]Feral[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]“**** it but if we stay here they could find us. We’d be cornered and injured as you said.” John said. “The longer we stay here the more of a chance there is they can find us.” He didn’t like sitting around and doing nothing. Waiting to be found and attacked. John wanted to be on the move, he wanted to get out of here.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]John pressed down on the X symbol on his belt. It clicked once and he began to speak into the com placed in his mask which he was grasping in his hand. It had been an extra communication feature Hank had put into the suits of the X-Men who wanted to reach him long distance, easier then pulling out a phone in battle. John only received static.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]“Yeah they have to be jamming us,” he said. He looked around at the X-Men who had made it inside. “Alright I’ll go out and find a pay-phone, see if I can reach Beast the rest of you stay here where it’s safe.”[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]He glanced at Alec, “I’m not sure if Nathan’s right; maybe we should hang in here for a bit, though one of us does need to try and make contact.”[/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17544 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 01:55 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]IC:[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]"John," Christopher said, shfiting into a perfectly good copy of somebody none of them knew.[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]"They'll be looking for us. Better yet, they know what you look like. Perhaps, I should go find a phone. After all, outside of having some device to detect mutants, they have no possible way to label me as an X-Man, or a mutant. I was in a... Lupine, form for most of the battle after all."[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]He had heard Alec's suggestion, but he knew that wasn't the best idea any of them could come up with at the moment. The sacrifice of one was not what the group needed to escape. Not again.[/color]


  • 0

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

 

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

 

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

 


#17545 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 02:09 PM

IC: [color=#008080;]Feral[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]"That actually sounds like a pretty good idea Chris number 2. Where did your sister go?" he said as he glanced around. There were a lot of X-Men missing from the building, but John didn't want to think about that. [/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17546 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 02:13 PM

IC:

 

[color=rgb(0,0,128);]"I'm not sure," Christopher said plainly, folding his arms against his chest.[/color]

 

[color=rgb(0,0,255);]Chris on the other hand, looked highly agitated at not knowing where Christine was. He wanted to go and look for her, but knew that staying here kept everyone safe.[/color]


  • 0

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

 

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

 

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

 


#17547 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 03:47 PM

IC: 

Alex stood silently near the door of the building they'd taken shelter in. He had been one of the last to arrive, brining up the rear while the others taked about their next course of action. His face was set in a mask of stone, his mind racing through the possibilities. There were despairingly few.

 

"Alec, wait. We're not taking that course of action just yet. We've lost enough people on this trip, and I'll be ****ed if I leave another one behind if there was any other choice."

 

IC:"When we get back, I take it you shall attempt to resolve this issue in Las Vegas." Tera spoke up, after a quarter of an hour of driving. "The X-Men are stranded there, after all."

 

"Are you aware that there have been reports of the Phoenix Force?"


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17548 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 03:58 PM

IC: The Thunder landed on the deck of the aircraft carrier. "Commander Lockspur reporting in."

 

IC: Jared sighed, his glowing hands dimming. "Whatever plan you got Alex, I'm glad to follow it."

 

IC: Nate was startled awake by the first explosion, jumping up and getting dressed at lightning speed. He grabbed his bow off the wall, checking his quiver to make sure it was full. Party.


  • 0

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."


#17549 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,033 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 04:16 PM

IC: Gabriel

 

Your chest heaves. You live.

 

Everything is fine.

 

You are alive.

 

You can sleep now.

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#17550 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 04:26 PM

IC:

 

[color=#4b0082;](Blake,[/color][color=#daa520;]Scott)[/color]

 

Blake had made it to the house not long after Nathan. Taking a seat on the floor, he stayed a wake, tearing his shirt up to use as a make-shift bandage for his arm. It would do, for now. Scott made it with the rest of the team that survived. Hearing ideas flying, and Alec's idea to rush out as a distraction, Scott was about to say something, but Alex beat him to it. 

 

[color=#800000;](Lexie)[/color]

 

Hearing the explosions, Lexie got up and shifted her armor on. [color=#800000;]Was wondering how long of a break we would get. Guess it over. [/color]  Walking outside, she looked around, staying on her toes. 


  • 0
War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands


#17551 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 04:41 PM

IC: "I wasn't planning on dying out there," Alec said, "That would be an Ian Malcolm Manoeuvre, or maybe a Gennaro Gambit...sorry got distracted. I can make things flash and bang, I wasn't planning on getting close to them. Could lure them away a little if we need a landline."


  • 0

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.


#17552 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:06 PM

IC:

 

[color=#daa520;](Scott)[/color]

 

[color=#daa520;]"Might be best if I do that. I draw any fire, I have a much better chance of living, being in armor and all that jazz tends to keep you living under a hail of bullets a bit longer.[/color]" Scott was willing to go out and get these guys to safety, even if he was left behind. 


  • 0
War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands


#17553 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:09 PM

IC: [color=#008080;]Feral[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]“Great, looks to me like we are missing half the team.” He said. “But yeah go ahead and try to reach the mansion Raptor.” He said as he glanced at Christopher. “We don’t need Alec sacrificing himself for no reason. Things don't always go according to plan bub." he said as he glanced at Bionix.[/color]

 

IC: [color=#000080;]Hank[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Beast passed down 1407 Graymalkin Lane before he pulled through the gates to the institute. He drove over the path to the garage before parking the Jeep.[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“Yes I plan to do exactly that,” he said. “I’m sorry if I am distracted but I am worried for their safety.” He said as he got out of the vehicle. Suddenly the other thing she said registered. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]“The Phoenix Force?!” Hank said bewildered. “Oh god.” [/color]


  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17554 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:13 PM

IC:

 

[color=#000080;]"I'm heading out," Christopher announced, and then, in a lower voice, he added to John, "Make sure Alec and Scott don't leave. We don't need them trying to play hero and get themselves killed."[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]With that, he exited the Warehouse, and started to head towards the inner city, taking a round-a-bout route to avoid the police.[/color]

 

[color=#008000;]"Mr. McCoy!" Warren shouted, dashing out towards the garage. He had seen car coming toward the institute, and had rushed out to meet it, "There's some people here who want to talk to you!"[/color]


  • 0

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

 

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

 

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

 


#17555 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:38 PM

OoC: Please ignore. :)

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, Feb 27 2013 - 08:10 PM.

  • 0

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies


#17556 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 05:44 PM

OOC:I must respectfully say no.

 

For an immense variety of reasons, this character is too powerful for approval. His powers alone are basis for me to be leery of approving him. Chaos magic has existed in this game once before, and it was without any other powers in play. It has the potential for significant abuse, even with the limitation of physical contact you put on it. Your description alone allows it to counteract most non-physical attacks, and most physical ones would require contact in the first place for use. Electromagnetism manipulation, though latent, is still a potent power when it comes fully into play. Shapeshifting, though you have limited it, is also a powerful ability. I won’t go into all of the reasons why here, but if you feel you need to hear them, you can PM me.If his only power was chaos magic, I would still be somewhat leery of this character, but I might have a bit more room to negotiate.

 

Second, his technology is not approvable. In the slightest. That computer is not even at a tech level that is in public circulation, in fact, it is advanced even compared to the military technology that has been seen in-game. That ring wouldn’t be allowed in a million years, it’s ability counted as a full power for another PC. Next, his skills. This is a topic I rarely have to bring up, but in this case, it is necessary. That skill set is not only one that I cannot realistically believe to have been obtained by a character of that age, it is not one I can approve. His indicated wealth is a status only a few characters in this game have, all of them non-mutants. His hacking skill indicated in the profile rivals that of a many of the technopaths in the game, and his skills as a spy enhance that advantage further. An eidetic memory, while not in and of itself a problem, cannot be allowed in accordance with this ability set. And in addition to all of this, he has martial arts skills.His weaknesses are not ones that can be exploited without prior knowledge, and many of them are contingent upon his lack of practice, something that you yourself mentioned in a PM to one of the staff that you intend to fix in-game.I am sorry, but I cannot approve him for all of the above reasons and more. PM me if you wish to hear the rest, or discuss the character.


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17557 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:03 PM

OOC: Thanks SK! :) would it be alright to carry this on via pm?
  • 0

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies


#17558 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:25 PM

IC:"Yes. One of the news networks apparently saw a blast of flame consistent with the Phoenix from a helicopter." Tera commented, exiting the car. "The rumors remain unconfirmed, though."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#17559 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

  • 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:29 PM

IC: [color=#000080;]Beast[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"I hope that they are wrong," Hank said. He didn't want to think of the implications. Hank had always knew in the back of his mind that being the daughter of Jean that this could happen. But he'd always prayed that he was wrong. That the Phoenix Force wouldn't come for her. [/color]

 

[color=#000080;]Hank turned to Warren, "Who?" he asked. [/color]


Edited by Flex Capacitor, Feb 27 2013 - 06:29 PM.

  • 0

                                                             brokenmr.jpg

                          Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick


#17560 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,572 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:31 PM

IC:Tera shrugged. "It happened pretty easily seventeen years ago. And it's long been suspected that there might be a child of Jean Grey, and people've been talking about it again since the X-Men reformed, if you know where to look.""I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again."


Edited by The Snark Knight, Feb 27 2013 - 06:39 PM.

  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users