RPG Forum Contest 25

Black Six

Such a faction may have from 5 and 50 member (the number will be provided to you by the GM, but you may choose any number of 5 to 20 on your initiative to be more certain)
5-50 or 5-20? I don't understand. Also, member should be members.I'm totally making an order of warrior monks.
To clarify: you may choose to have 5-20 members, and have an exact number, or the GM will provide you a number between 5 to 50. The exact mechanics of this, much like the Morality Meter, are kept hidden to keep players from those pesky numbers. But it probably has something to do with dice.
When you have to spice it up, you're trying too hard.
No, it just means I've had to sit through five hours of Food Network.
Contest twenty-five?! Am I really that backlogged? The last contest I entered was probably... four?
Uh-oh?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

That's basically the plan, the rahi would get smart enough to know that if they leave the archives they would be killed or mutated by the visorack but if they stay in the archives they have a chance to pick of the visorack one by one.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Ha ha! Awesome. Yeah, instead of making new characters, I figured, "Why not just use the characters I love?" It's like Mario, where in each different game different roles are assumed for each different character (Or like Banjo Kazooie). This is actually my first RPG not in Parugi's Universe, so why not?

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Stop with 'powers have to be equal' thing. A good writer and role player can use a Matoran to slay a Makuta. Just saying... And you don't even have to use your characters powers at all. You could focus on character development or maybe they just talk a lot and don't fight or something. Jeez think beyond the box. :PYes I understand that text based RPGs are not write to win. But still species, powers and masks are just as important as appearance and personality, to me at least. You start fooling around with them and then you have an entirely different character. Maybe I'm just weird.And I have a few ideas for RPGs but I'm sure what to do. :confused: Oh but my RPG will be very liberal with character creation and powers.

Stop with 'powers have to be equal' thing. A good writer and role player can use a Matoran to slay a Makuta. Just saying... And you don't even have to use your characters powers at all. You could focus on character development or maybe they just talk a lot and don't fight or something. Jeez think beyond the box. :PYes I understand that text based RPGs are not write to win. But still species, powers and masks are just as important as appearance and personality, to me at least. You start fooling around with them and then you have an entirely different character. Maybe I'm just weird.And I have a few ideas for RPGs but I'm sure what to do. :confused: Oh but my RPG will be very liberal with character creation and powers.
You should deliver an ultimatum: "I will not stop killing off my characters until I get to play as a Makuta!" :PRegarding the part about now many character vs. character fights - I do not believe I saw more than maybe three, four fights between two characters over the course of Waves. Overall, an RPG doesn't need to have a lot of fighting. But when you don't have the option to fight, the RPG can be pretty dry. I for one have no desire to roleplay constant conversation for three months. I wish to play against a antagonist, either one that I choose, or one that is established by the RPG.Species has an impact on your character, but I do not believe powers or masks do. So I will disagree with you on that point. The way I see it, your choice of elemental ability, or powers, or mask, is a reflection on your character.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well I could but every once in a while I get a character that I actually want to keep. And I had a planned Makuta character planned for Goodbye Innocence but that RPG didn't win the contest.I wasn't saying no fighting in an RPG. I was thinking someone could decide they want to write for a character that doesn't fight or something similar.I see powers as part of the character. But it's just my opinion so that really doesn't affect anyone but me. :P

I'm iffy about the games, just because they don't take into account powers of different sorts. Unless, of course, I missed a rule that said that no powers would be allowed in the games.
Basically what the others have said. You have control over water? Better join a game with swimming. Its a free for all, that's for sure. There are few rules, and not killing people is not in there. (In the world of the RPG, obviously; you can't just kill someone else's character) Plus, who knows what other games I make up or other people may suggest. This RPG has these games, yes, but it isn't all about them.So, yeah, I took into account powers, as in that I thought about putting restrictions on certain games, but that's no fun. It's like holding a race for ordinary Joes and telling the Olympic runner that he can't use his legs to run. Its just a natural advantage (instead of training) in the case of Bionicles.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Stop with 'powers have to be equal' thing. A good writer and role player can use a Matoran to slay a Makuta. Just saying... And you don't even have to use your characters powers at all. You could focus on character development or maybe they just talk a lot and don't fight or something. Jeez think beyond the box.
Your inference is misdirected. I was pointing out the simple fact that the games seem to be good on the level where there are no powers, but when powers are in the mix, it seems that they would rather flop in ways...

But where do you stop when taking out powers? Do you just take out elemental powers and masks or do you take away physical powers like natural extra strength or speed? Bionicle is a story of superpowered biomechanical beings. Taking away their superpowers takes away from the story. But again this is an opinion of my own so I can't force anyone to see this the same way as I do.

There's a massive difference between taking powers away and taking physical abilities away, because physical abilities do not inherently change the odds as much as powers do. for instance, a Toa of Fire or Ice in the heat-beam tag thing would be almost invulnerable. Same with a Toa with a mask of intangibility. And while I can understand that other powers might cancel them out, it would seem to remove the whole unique point of the games if it just turned into a power struggle.In short, I have no problem with powers being allowed regularly, but I think it'd be great if in at least some of the games, no powers were allowed.

Let powers be allowed in all the games. Really, the powers are a physical and mental ability of Toa and other beings. After all, Matoran can't access their masks or their element (in most cases on the second.) They're not built to. Toa, on the other hand, are.Don't take the powers away, the powers are just a part of their functioning.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

So what if somebody has the advantage? They're still only one person. Because of this, everybody else will decide to team up and take them out. Then, they'll go after each other. If everybody plays stupid, then they'll win because of the advantage.Unity beats power. Or, at least, it did in 2001. Makuta really could have just killed the Toa Mata with a wave of his hand if he cared to.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Oh, wait, I see it with Lev's explanation.Zar here is just calling us all stupid and he thinks we won't play well enough to win against somebody with powers!/randomaccusations
Misunderstandings - the reason wars begin.Nah, but if you want to beat somebody with an advantage, you're gonna need help - or you're gonna need to be a better strategist than them.Let's think about the Heat Tag. How do you beat somebody with intangibility? Well, let's see. They can only attack you while they're tangible. This means they can't win otherwise. So you lure them out with an ambush, and when they go solid, you and three other people blast them in the back. Simple as that. Then, you all turn on each other and the people who don't go down immediately rush off.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

There's a massive difference between taking powers away and taking physical abilities away, because physical abilities do not inherently change the odds as much as powers do. for instance, a Toa of Fire or Ice in the heat-beam tag thing would be almost invulnerable. Same with a Toa with a mask of intangibility. And while I can understand that other powers might cancel them out, it would seem to remove the whole unique point of the games if it just turned into a power struggle.I think the two bolded parts sum up my response. Whatever, you can disagree with me; this is personal taste, not infallible universal law. I think some of the games might be more fun without powers, just because it completely removes the power struggle, and keeps the unique point of the game there.And yes, the power vs. no powers does effect my voting.

And yes, the power vs. no powers does effect my voting.
... because the games are the only thing you can do in that RPG?That aside, the problem you are failing to present is how do you remove powers? Remove powers from the RPG entirely? That doesn't sound like very much fun, and would require a lot of changes to be made. Or, in the midst of this strange location where technology is limited, and the people are insane enough to use a Toa as a form of measurement, somebody came up with a way to negate abilities?In any case, since more people want there to be powers allowed, I think that one persons vote isn't going to cause a change. Personally, if somebody told me they would only vote for my RPG if I removed one of the Houses, because they hated the number five, I wouldn't really care. :|@ iBrow; There are a number of ways to defeat an intangible adversary, namely their lack of any abilities to manipulate the outside world. However, I will not allow anyone to combine psionic abilities with intangibility in LMTD, as such an ability would be grossly overpowered. The same could be said for 360 degrees of vision with a Hau (and yes, I do remember having to deal with somebody who used that trick to become immune to all physical attacks).On the subject of intangibility, I would further rule in my RPGs that a being with elemental powers such as fire, water, air, earth, etc. would be unable to use them while intangible. While psionics stems from the mind, other elements are connected to the universe as a whole more directly, and by removing your physical link to the universe, you negate your entire hold over it - thus, an intangible being would be unable to use elemental abilities, or any related to their body, such as vision powers.@ Takanuvainika; How would that make sense, though? If you were intangible, you're intangible. Lightning and fire may be able to strike you, but it wouldn't cause any pain - the only reason you're harmed by them in the real world is because you have a physical form that can be caused by the mass heat output they provide. The only things that can harm you while intangible are psionic attacks (as they target your psyche) or ones that don't require a physical form for whatever reason.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Is there a diference between The mask of intagiblity and the makuta power of density contol.
Yes. From my understanding, it's -Intangibility means you lose all of your density and, in fact, all physical form - you're still visible, however, because light is still striking your 'outline' to the same effect as usual. As you have no physical form, you can step through walls and you don't need to worry about extreme environments.Density Control, on the other hand, is exactly what it says on the tin - you can choose to increase your density while retaining the same volume and, theoretically, mass, which makes you more resilient against attacks. Or you can lower your density, from completely intangible to anywhere in between. This is, of course, referring to the highest level of the control ability, at Tier 6. The problem with being more than intangible, but not quite physical, is that you still have enough form that you can't move through walls and the like, and physical attacks can still hurt you. Overall, Density Control is more powerful, but it's also much harder to possess.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Ok, then you could still vaporize an intangible Rahkshi of Density Control with a ball of plazma or turn the rahkshi itself into plazma.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Hmm, someone intangible not being affected by gravity I could understand since there has to be something stopping them just falling through the floor, but surely they're still going to be affected by changes in temperature. You're still there after all, so while physical things aren't going to phase you (see what I did there?) being really really cold/hot surely would. I don't care how intangible you are, I drop you in the Arctic you're going to freeze

7AOYGDJ.jpg